Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 562 of 1062 FirstFirst ... 62462512552560561562563564572612662 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,240 of 21239
Like Tree12209Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have taken a mehran on cng to pir sohawa once with two friends sitting without any significant problem the term "underpowered" is really relative and depends on what you're upgrading from and your driving style. every one needs to make this decision for himself really.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasiq01 View Post
    Hello fellows
    I went to book Altis 1.6 but the sales agent at toyota discouraged me from buying 1.6 nd instead recommended 1.3 gli automatic
    Reasons

Altis 1.6 has no 1.8 equivalent features besides allow rims

The fuel economy is worse than both 1.8 n 1.3

The 7" lcd in 1.6 Altis has no DVD disc option with no navigation (separate card for rs 14000)

The GLI 1.3 ( 9" navigation system can be bought by paying additional 40 k with DVD option)

The GLI audio player can be refunded to toyota for RS 5000 while Altis 1.6 screen cannot be exchanged

Recommended GLI as ur not racing around on crowded roads of karachi with 1.6l Engine

Help me guys i wanted 1.6 altis as i thought 1.3 gli would be underpowered which may lack driving pleasure

Hows the driving feel of Altis 1.6 as We'r paying 140000 just for engine difference and allow wheels (in tax for tax filler nd registration fees)
    bhai next time go to the dealer and ask him if the transmission on both vehicles is same. then lift the trunk on both and read the transaxle models on the trunk plate below the speakers yourself. you'll find out yourself exactly how "well informed " these dealership guys are :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Altis 1.8 has some extra sound insulation for wind / engine noise while the lower trims .. 1.6 and 1.3 version of Corolla dont have that. Has anybody tried to install that Insulation in their 1.3 and 1.6ltr versions ???????
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Main thing is Affordability, if any thing is out of our reach we start criticising it.
    Moral: Grapes are Sour.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why Toyota removed ECT button from 1.6 AT? I do not know if it is present in 1.3?
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nido747 View Post
    Dear Brother,

Every body will guide you their own way, it is YOU who has to decide which tranny should go for. I am going to give you my incapable opinion.
    I will suggest you to go for 1.6 if your budget allows . The Things that you mentioned, i will try to answer these one by one.

(Altis 1.6 has no 1.8 equivalent features besides allow rims.)

Altis 1.6 has alloys as you mentioned, nav ready infotainment system, Hi Grade fabric seats as mentioned on indus website (Please see),Extra two color Super White and Bronze Mica if you want to opt that and above all dual VVTI 1598cc bigger Engine. you can get after market alloys, infotainment system in the price range of 90k (125k-90k= 35k) but you cant replace 1.3 engine to 1.6 engine in 35k.

(The fuel economy is worse than both 1.8 n 1.3)
    It has dual VVTI engine as compared to Single VVTI engine in GLI A/T. As coated by our brother @ausbii

1. The engine on the 1.6 is not just bigger, it's newer and more efficient both in terms of fuel consumption and power output. NZ-FE(1.3)VVTI series vs ZR-FE(1.6)Dual VVTI.

2. The transmission on both is 4 speed super ECT but it's not the same. The 1.6 has an Aisin Warner (one of the worlds top transmission manufacturer) A341E original japanese transmission. The 1.3 has a toyota U341e which to the best of my Knowledge is from Thailand. The A341E is much smoother and more reliable. Also to consider is that the u341e is designed for 1.5l engines, not 1.3. It has a first gear ratio almost 1.5 times that of the first in manual gli and a second gear ratio equal to what would be a 2.75 gear of the manual while the third is equal to the fourth on the manual. That is why the 1.3 gli AT is significantly slow off the mark as compared to the gli manual. AT is always slightly slower than manual but the difference is quite significant here. The same specs go to the advantage of the 1.6 as the more powerful engine utilizes the lager gear ratios for a more rapid off the mark acceleration and even slightly better fuel economy than the competitions slower 5 speed with a 100cc smaller engine.

So if it's automatic you want, the 1.6 is worth the marginal extra cost. Otherwise settling for the 1.3 city AT (if you dont mind it's other design flaws) or the gli manual would be better.

(The 7" lcd in 1.6 Altis has no DVD disc option with no navigation (separate card for rs 14000) )

Neither 1.8 Altis has DVD disc option. The reason is, did you ever see cassette players in any new car Local made because they become obsolete. Now these DVD discs are also getting obsolete and instead usb is taking their place. You can have around 64 GB usb and you can put around 64 disc data/Songs in only one usb. Altis 1.6 infotainment System is Nav ready and yes separate Nav card is needed but most of 1.6 Altis owner made this nav card FREE by their own by following @autophile Thread. Autophile Sir made this free card by his own and it is running flawlessly and i am also using this card.

(The GLI 1.3 ( 9" navigation system can be bought by paying additional 40 k with DVD option))
    You know the quality of aftermarket Chinese product.

(The GLI audio player can be refunded to toyota for RS 5000 while Altis 1.6 screen cannot be exchanged)
    only if you buy from Dealer. They will give you higher price of infotainment system as compared to local market and they are getting 1.3 DVD player almost free.

(Recommended GLI as ur not racing around on crowded roads of karachi with 1.6l Engine)
    It means that no body from karachi should buy Altis 1.8 or 1.8 engine should not be present for karachi people.

(Help me guys i wanted 1.6 altis as i thought 1.3 gli would be underpowered which may lack driving pleasure)
    I do not believe that 1.3 Gli is an underpowered car . Many pakwheeler friends are satisfied with their power (you can see @fouadbakht bhai and @aliusman420 bhai thread . I didn't drive 1.3 Gli A/T 11 gen but i thing 1.6 drive will be little joyful as compared to 1.3 drive due to their gear ratio.

This is my opinion, hope it will help you in buying your car.
    Thank you so much brother for taking out time and assisting me out, seriously i wasn't aware of dual VVTI and transmission differences. This is of course an edge in 1.6, Going for it, Thanks a lot once again

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ausbii View Post
    bhai next time go to the dealer and ask him if the transmission on both vehicles is same. then lift the trunk on both and read the transaxle models on the trunk plate below the speakers yourself. you'll find out yourself exactly how "well informed " these dealership guys are :p
    Good idea

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

Wow. Great discussion going on here guys. Really informative. Since I don't know if there is an option of multiple quotes in the mob app, I'd really like to show my respect to all members specially in the last two pages. @nido747 @ausbii @autophile

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using PW Forums
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am wondering if any minor improvement or change is coming in 11th generation corolla ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasiq01 View Post
    Thank you so much brother for taking out time and assisting me out, seriously i wasn't aware of dual VVTI and transmission differences. This is of course an edge in 1.6, Going for it, Thanks a lot once again
    Even with dual VVTi, the 1.6L Corolla is not giving a good fuel average because of old ECT gear box. The 1.3L and 1.8L are giving better fuel averages. Specially the average of Grande is too good for 1.8L car due to the latest CVTi transmission. In my opinion, you should go for the basic model of 1.8. If you do not have a budget, go for 1.3L. Don't waste for money going for 1.6L. It has the poor resale as well.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wrangler79 View Post
    Even with dual VVTi, the 1.6L Corolla is not giving a good fuel average because of old ECT gear box. The 1.3L and 1.8L are giving better fuel averages. Specially the average of Grande is too good for 1.8L car due to the latest CVTi transmission. In my opinion, you should go for the basic model of 1.8. If you do not have a budget, go for 1.3L. Don't waste for money going for 1.6L. It has the poor resale as well.
    Let everyone decide themselves bro dont degrade any vehicle ,everyone have their own hard earned money we just need to give our review

Sent from my iPhone6 using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Brother,

Every body will guide you their own way, it is YOU who has to decide which tranny should go for. I am going to give you my incapable opinion.
    I will suggest you to go for 1.6 if your budget allows . The Things that you mentioned, i will try to answer these one by one.

(Altis 1.6 has no 1.8 equivalent features besides allow rims.)

Altis 1.6 has alloys as you mentioned, nav ready infotainment system, Hi Grade fabric seats as mentioned on indus website (Please see),Extra two color Super White and Bronze Mica if you want to opt that and above all dual VVTI 1598cc bigger Engine. you can get after market alloys, infotainment system in the price range of 90k (125k-90k= 35k) but you cant replace 1.3 engine to 1.6 engine in 35k.

(The fuel economy is worse than both 1.8 n 1.3)
    It has dual VVTI engine as compared to Single VVTI engine in GLI A/T. As coated by our brother @ausbii

1. The engine on the 1.6 is not just bigger, it's newer and more efficient both in terms of fuel consumption and power output. NZ-FE(1.3)VVTI series vs ZR-FE(1.6)Dual VVTI.

2. The transmission on both is 4 speed super ECT but it's not the same. The 1.6 has an Aisin Warner (one of the worlds top transmission manufacturer) A341E original japanese transmission. The 1.3 has a toyota U341e which to the best of my Knowledge is from Thailand. The A341E is much smoother and more reliable. Also to consider is that the u341e is designed for 1.5l engines, not 1.3. It has a first gear ratio almost 1.5 times that of the first in manual gli and a second gear ratio equal to what would be a 2.75 gear of the manual while the third is equal to the fourth on the manual. That is why the 1.3 gli AT is significantly slow off the mark as compared to the gli manual. AT is always slightly slower than manual but the difference is quite significant here. The same specs go to the advantage of the 1.6 as the more powerful engine utilizes the lager gear ratios for a more rapid off the mark acceleration and even slightly better fuel economy than the competitions slower 5 speed with a 100cc smaller engine.

So if it's automatic you want, the 1.6 is worth the marginal extra cost. Otherwise settling for the 1.3 city AT (if you dont mind it's other design flaws) or the gli manual would be better.

(The 7" lcd in 1.6 Altis has no DVD disc option with no navigation (separate card for rs 14000) )

Neither 1.8 Altis has DVD disc option. The reason is, did you ever see cassette players in any new car Local made because they become obsolete. Now these DVD discs are also getting obsolete and instead usb is taking their place. You can have around 64 GB usb and you can put around 64 disc data/Songs in only one usb. Altis 1.6 infotainment System is Nav ready and yes separate Nav card is needed but most of 1.6 Altis owner made this nav card FREE by their own by following @autophile Thread. Autophile Sir made this free card by his own and it is running flawlessly and i am also using this card.

(The GLI 1.3 ( 9" navigation system can be bought by paying additional 40 k with DVD option))
    You know the quality of aftermarket Chinese product.

(The GLI audio player can be refunded to toyota for RS 5000 while Altis 1.6 screen cannot be exchanged)
    only if you buy from Dealer. They will give you higher price of infotainment system as compared to local market and they are getting 1.3 DVD player almost free.

(Recommended GLI as ur not racing around on crowded roads of karachi with 1.6l Engine)
    It means that no body from karachi should buy Altis 1.8 or 1.8 engine should not be present for karachi people.

(Help me guys i wanted 1.6 altis as i thought 1.3 gli would be underpowered which may lack driving pleasure)
    I do not believe that 1.3 Gli is an underpowered car . Many pakwheeler friends are satisfied with their power (you can see @fouadbakht bhai and @aliusman420 bhai thread . I didn't drive 1.3 Gli A/T 11 gen but i thing 1.6 drive will be little joyful as compared to 1.3 drive due to their gear ratio.

This is my opinion, hope it will help you in buying your car.
    Cars ka Javed Chaudhry @nido747

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother a most informative post, could you also share your views regarding buying a 1.8 Grande or are there better options in that budget ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizwan400 View Post
    Cars ka Javed Chaudhry @nido747
    Hahahhaha... Sir ye tu phir akheer he ho gia hai .. :p Sir following your thread too, and waiting for the cool gadgets that you are going to install and set a trend but i think you has already installed something in your car and not showing to us. That is not fair Sir.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Discontinuation of Xli

Xli will be discontinued from Aug 2015. Gli MT will be the basic model, All 1.3 versions will be renamed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you could mention the source of this info, that would be great.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sure. Source is from IMC, Yaris 1.2 will also be launched any time between Oct15--March16

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Source...?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Executive of IMC

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wrangler79 View Post
    My Altis 1.6 is driven only 1600+ kms and it's average has increased from 11 to 12.5-13 kms/lit with full on AC, idling and being driven in congested bumber-to-bumper traffic all the time. I am sure it will improve further after i put fully synthetic oil on 5,000 kms.

The cherry on top is that there is no load felt with AC, while in case of 1.3 you do feel engine needing more power when you switch on AC.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List