Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs down Mr. Pervez Ghias has got nothing to crow about, say no to his substandard car!

Dear all,
    Please click on the following link to see the piece of trash the CEO of IMC (Indus Motor Company) Mr. Pervez Ghias is bragging about:

Toyota Corolla 2014 in Pakistan – Purchase & Price Details - BrandSynario

I just don't quite understand what the Chief Executive of IMC (Indus Motor Company) Mr. Pervez Ghias is crowing about when there is nothing to crow about in the first place.

Here are my points about his substandard product:

1. He is talking about $100 million in technology transfer whereas this car is based on a 1990s technology. Why do I say that? Here is why:

a) This car does not have an immobiliser to deter against car theft. This is a big shame along being immoral and unacceptable. Corolla is the most stolen car in Pakistan just because it doesn't have an immobiliser.

b) I believe that IMC has done it on purpose in connivance with the car-lifter Mafia (the car thieves) so that more and more Corollas are stolen creating more demand.

c) This car doesn't have a passenger side airbag in the front let alone any SIPS (Side Impact Protection System) airbags or the ones protecting your knees. In the developed world we will see a whopping 10 or more airbags in cars whereas Mr. Ghias's piece of trash contains only one.

d) Mr. Ghias's piece of trash doesn't have any climate control. This makes his Corolla a substandard product.

2. I don't know why IMC's CEO is lying so much about his product as being technologically advanced. I don't see any technology in a car based on the science of the 1990s: No immobiliser, no ample airbags and no climate control.

3. I don't know why the end-user is being offered a car without the technologically advanced features when the price-tag is more than 2 million and the CEO has the audacity of bragging about his substandard car as being 'technologically advanced.' What a lie, lies, lies, lies everywhere. Maloom nahin hamaray muashray main JHOOT itna kyun bola jata hay. Shiad iss liyay kay jhoot itna boloo kay apnay aap ko bhee such layay.

4. The bottom line is that IMC is cheating its clients. The government is a culprit too. Both the government and IMC are doing all this in connivance with each other.

5. There are reports that the Mafia of the local car assemblers pays kickbacks to the government so that the import of quality cars from Japan, Germany and the UK be restricted helping them (local car assemblers) cheat the Pakistani end-users.

6. IMC calls her car marvelous, this is quite ridiculous as the 2014 Corolla by IMC is a substandard product.

7. I wonder how they call their car 11th generation when it is the same car under the hood as the 10th generation. Only the body-shell has been changed. What's more ridiculous is that all the body-shells in Pakistan are hand-weld and not by robots. Hand welding introduces fatigue into the sheet metal decreasing its strength in contrast to if we do the same job by robots which is of higher quality.

8. I've not seen the car but once I see it I'll post my review on it. I'll be honest, fair and unbiased in my analysis.

9. I'd rather commute on a donkey-cart than support IMC by buying her substandard product to do so. I badly need a new car and was 100% ready to buy the new Corolla from IMC but after looking at its specs I've said no to it. IMC can make a fool out of someone else but not me.

10. I'm a die hard Toyota fan. I've a 2014 Toyota Avalon in the US which I bought brand new. Boy, it is a quality car! Lexus? My word, it is giving the Mercedes S Class (S Klasse) a run for her money. In Pakistan Indus Motor Company is making a fool out of all of us.

I don't have time to write long posts on pakwheels but I'm doing exactly that just because I want to spread awareness about the deceit and immorality of local car assemblers, in particular of IMC when it is bragging about its new 2014 Corolla as technologically advanced whereas in fact it is a very substandard product. I being a very fast typist helps me write long reviews.

Regards.
    "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense," Thomas Henry Huxley.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The car is so gorgeous
    I think I am in love

Went to see the car again today , andar jang chal rahi hai k loon ya nahi

Saw red wine , med silver and black
    red wine wasn't looking that impressive
    black was good
    and med silver was too good

I would really appreciate if someone can share a few pics of the car in gun metallic , some closer shots not from distance like in pics above
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Live your dreams.

Chori kay khauf say kaya hum paisa bank ma daal ker gharon ma sirf charpian daal ker beth jain?

Get it insured and take other security measure and enjoy what you like.

If u want immobiliser, buy Liana, Swift or Civic.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    The car is so gorgeous
    I think I am in love

black was good

I would really appreciate if someone can share a few pics of the car in gun metallic , some closer shots not from distance like in pics above
    By looking at the pictures you shared, medium silver is the best option! Black too looks good but it's a headache to maintain it. Red wine looked good only in the current one.
    Tum karo to tumara HAQ!
    Hum karay to What The F F Fish?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    Which trim has Altis Odo Cluster but NO steering mounted audio Controls ????

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Normal altis. :p Only Grande has steering controls.

Sent from my C2105 using PW Forums mobile app
    Under the Coconut tree

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The car is so gorgeous
    I think I am in love

black was good

Bro don't buy it. I would recommend not buying it. Gli as daily car jo hilegi mushkil sy. Featureless car. Poor quality snd I don't think its parts would be that cheap So my humble opinion is to look for something else. Even an old prius which will give you better mileage, comfort and run as daily use Think wisely bro. Spending 1.9 million about for A GLi?

Sent from my GT-I9295 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Say no to IMC trash!

Quote Originally Posted by silentassassin1 View Post
    Bro don't buy it. I would recommend not buying it. Gli as daily car jo hilegi mushkil sy. Featureless car. Poor quality snd I don't think its parts would be that cheap So my humble opinion is to look for something else. Even an old prius which will give you better mileage, comfort and run as daily use Think wisely bro. Spending 1.9 million about for A GLi?

Zabardast @silentassasin1 Sahib,
    I'm with you. Say no to IMC's trash. 1.9 million is lots of money. JDM are quality cars even if used. Say no to a substandard product. I'm going for either a Premio or a Mercedes. You can get them in the same amount. You can get a fabulous Premio for 2.2 million and a great Mercedes for 3.0 million. They are lovely cars. Maza kartee hain. IMC's 2014 Corolla is based on 1990s technology. 2.3 million is a lot of money for an Altis with just one airbag. Say no to 'KORA'.

Regards.
    "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense," Thomas Henry Huxley.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by supereagle View Post
    I just don't quite understand what the Chief Executive of IMC (Indus Motor Company) Mr. Pervez Ghias is crowing about when there is nothing to crow about in the first place.

Here are my points about his substandard product:

1. He is talking about $100 million in technology transfer whereas this car is based on a 1990s technology. Why do I say that? Here is why:

a) This car does not have an immobiliser to deter against car theft. This is a big shame along being immoral and unacceptable. Corolla is the most stolen car in Pakistan just because it doesn't have an immobiliser.

b) I believe that IMC has done it on purpose in connivance with the car-lifter Mafia (the car thieves) so that more and more Corollas are stolen creating more demand.

c) This car doesn't have a passenger side airbag in the front let alone any SIPS (Side Impact Protection System) airbags or the ones protecting your knees. In the developed world we will see a whopping 10 or more airbags in cars whereas Mr. Ghias's piece of trash contains only one.

d) Mr. Ghias's piece of trash doesn't have any climate control. This makes his Corolla a substandard product.

2. I don't know why IMC's CEO is lying so much about his product as being technologically advanced. I don't see any technology in a car based on the science of the 1990s: No immobiliser, no ample airbags and no climate control.

3. I don't know why the end-user is being offered a car without the technologically advanced features when the price-tag is more than 2 million and the CEO has the audacity of bragging about his substandard car as being 'technologically advanced.' What a lie, lies, lies, lies everywhere. Maloom nahin hamaray muashray main JHOOT itna kyun bola jata hay. Shiad iss liyay kay jhoot itna boloo kay apnay aap ko bhee such layay.

4. The bottom line is that IMC is cheating its clients. The government is a culprit too. Both the government and IMC are doing all this in connivance with each other.

5. There are reports that the Mafia of the local car assemblers pays kickbacks to the government so that the import of quality cars from Japan, Germany and the UK be restricted helping them (local car assemblers) cheat the Pakistani end-users.

6. IMC calls her car marvelous, this is quite ridiculous as the 2014 Corolla by IMC is a substandard product.

7. I wonder how they call their car 11th generation when it is the same car under the hood as the 10th generation. Only the body-shell has been changed. What's more ridiculous is that all the body-shells in Pakistan are hand-weld and not by robots. Hand welding introduces fatigue into the sheet metal decreasing its strength in contrast to if we do the same job by robots which is of higher quality.

8. I've not seen the car but once I see it I'll post my review on it. I'll be honest, fair and unbiased in my analysis.

9. I'd rather commute on a donkey-cart than support IMC by buying her substandard product to do so. I badly need a new car and was 100% ready to buy the new Corolla from IMC but after looking at its specs I've said no to it. IMC can make a fool out of someone else but not me.

10. I'm a die hard Toyota fan. I've a 2014 Toyota Avalon in the US which I bought brand new. Boy, it is a quality car! Lexus? My word, it is giving the Mercedes S Class (S Klasse) a run for her money. In Pakistan Indus Motor Company is making a fool out of all of us.

I don't have time to write long posts on pakwheels but I'm doing exactly that just because I want to spread awareness about the deceit and immorality of local car assemblers, in particular of IMC when it is bragging about its new 2014 Corolla as technologically advanced whereas in fact it is a very substandard product. I being a very fast typist helps me write long reviews.

Regards.

Mohtarum Supereagle sb....(ADDAB KAY SAATH)

I think more than the issues you mentioned above its your personal bias which is taking over.

Sir Corolla will remain a Corolla....The cons you mentioned are part of the winning formula, and this is what made Toyota Corolla the best selling variant ever.

Now lets see what Corolla offers.

1. In terms of power plant(engine) Bottom of the line power output and mid range fuel economy.

2. Same old suspension, McPherson's Struts in the front and torsion beam in the rear.

3. Same old boring design "wohee char darwaazay, eik bonet, eik digi, aur wohee flat sa chutt"

The people who buy Corolla all over the world(not talking about Pakistan) do not give a damn. Because they happen to come from lower middle class, and they buy a car just like they buy a toaster. They dont care what it can do(other than toasting bread) or how fancy it looks, as long as it does its job well, which is providing two slices of toasted bread its good.
    The problem is that when ever a Car manufacturer designs car it takes into consideration the real target market, which unfortunately is not Pakistan, here only 90,000 cars are sold which is not enough to bring it on the Auto Map. In UK the car sales exceeded 3.5 Million, US 15 million, these are the countries where all the consumer studies are done regarding the New cars.

We are at the bottom of the food chain, and get a part of what, the first world consumer hunts.

So sorry I disagree....I am not an IMC employer you can see my profile but I truly think that these Toyota get the recipe right every time

TC

PS. Well nice addition of the Idiom "Crow About" to your Language vocabulary.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by supereagle View Post
    Zabardast @silentassasin1 Sahib,
    I'm with you. Say no to IMC's trash. 1.9 million is lots of money. JDM are quality cars even if used. Say no to a substandard product. I'm going for either a Premio or a Mercedes. You can get them in the same amount. You can get a fabulous Premio for 2.2 million and a great Mercedes for 3.0 million. They are lovely cars. Maza kartee hain. IMC's 2014 Corolla is based on 1990s technology. 2.3 million is a lot of money for an Altis with just one airbag. Say no to 'KORA'.

Regards.
    I'm about to get a car which must not be named in this thread but older gen. Which is easily available at 1.5 million. Gli worths 4 lakh more then that car. And if I spend that 4 lakhs on that car I could well import climate control, cruise.etc and all fascinating exterior interior accessories for the car. Which would put my car way above the top line corolla. Leaving the new corolla's exterior aside, The interior is not good either, Top line variants without Airbags, Climate Control or Projectors. Buy what worths your money. 18 Lakh main bhi pata honay ke bawajud ke Xli main kuch nahin phir bhi wohi loon tou yay meri bewakufi hogi Yehi corolla agar kissi aur mulk main in prices per le aao tou koi bhi nahin lega So my view is The other person won't realise until you make them realise. We all must spread the word. The local manufacturers and govt. Are playing with us.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nahiiiiiiiii aisa nae hosaktaaaaa
    Nahi nahi bilkul bhi nahi

Same old wheel caps in Gli
    Ye kya horaha hai humaray sath wheel caps bhi nae change kiye
    No Wheel Cups Are changed!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SaadMehboob View Post
    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1405658271.474119.jpg
Views: 2885
Size:  108.3 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1405658286.098890.jpg
Views: 2844
Size:  75.4 KB

Xli
    already shared Features of both Xli And Gli in Previous pages

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adil5855 View Post
    No Wheel Cups Are changed!

Kindly share the pic if u have with new wheel caps
    Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes so these are the same wheel caps bro

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
    In corolla white, black, med silver and few metallic colors are acceptable to me....
    Black is a headache to take care off...!
    White is very common....
    So if I go for med silver or any metallic color then there are few speculations that such unique colors specially metallic colors are almost impossible to match while repainting and their repainting cost is also up to 2 times more expensive than repainting a white one... What's the truth in it? I need honest and first hand experience answer from a member which has kept such color.... Thanking in anticipation....
    IMC cannot match bumpers colour with body in brand new car, painter bechara kya kar lay ga?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

InNoCeNt_DeViL
    Look Closely Bro!
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1447734

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hsumbal1 View Post
    Mohtarum Supereagle sb....(ADDAB KAY SAATH)

I think more than the issues you mentioned above its your personal bias which is taking over.

Sir Corolla will remain a Corolla....The cons you mentioned are part of the winning formula, and this is what made Toyota Corolla the best selling variant ever.

Now lets see what Corolla offers.

1. In terms of power plant(engine) Bottom of the line power output and mid range fuel economy.

2. Same old suspension, McPherson's Struts in the front and torsion beam in the rear.

3. Same old boring design "wohee char darwaazay, eik bonet, eik digi, aur wohee flat sa chutt"

The people who buy Corolla all over the world(not talking about Pakistan) do not give a damn. Because they happen to come from lower middle class, and they buy a car just like they buy a toaster. They dont care what it can do(other than toasting bread) or how fancy it looks, as long as it does its job well, which is providing two slices of toasted bread its good.
    The problem is that when ever a Car manufacturer designs car it takes into consideration the real target market, which unfortunately is not Pakistan, here only 90,000 cars are sold which is not enough to bring it on the Auto Map. In UK the car sales exceeded 3.5 Million, US 15 million, these are the countries where all the consumer studies are done regarding the New cars.

We are at the bottom of the food chain, and get a part of what, the first world consumer hunts.

So sorry I disagree....I am not an IMC employer you can see my profile but I truly think that these Toyota A$$H0LES get the recipe right every time

TC

PS. Well nice addition of the Idiom "Crow About" to your Language vocabulary.

I wonder how long we are going to keep whinning about the immobilizer and the airbag.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

already shared Features of both Xli And Gli in Previous pages

Bhai 1.6 Altis ka bhi bta dain kuch

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by irfananwar View Post
    I wonder how long we are going to keep whinning about the immobilizer and the airbag.
    Shachi bat ha yar sir main dard ho gya ha qasmee
    Every 4th or 5th post is about airbag and immobiliser agr kisi na color k baray main b poocha ha to javab immobiliser nai ha ka aya ha (example)
    Common yar lets talk about other things

Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

InNoCeNt_DeViL
    Look Closely Bro!
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1447734
    Adil bro plz share interior picx of gli ?

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by irfananwar View Post
    Bhai 1.6 Altis ka bhi bta dain kuch
    About the engine, I guess someone shared that it has the same old 1.6 GLI A/T engine.
    Plus it's A/T transmission.
    Tum karo to tumara HAQ!
    Hum karay to What The F F Fish?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List