Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 607 of 1063 FirstFirst ... 107507557597605606607608609617657707 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,140 of 21255
Like Tree12212Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ausbii View Post
    Indus does not manufacture transmissions locally. all transmissions are imported pre assembled from either Japan or Thailand depending on variant. CVT is more prone to wear only if you're in a habit of flooring it at every green light due to the chain assembly. The rest CVT is a simpler mechanical assembly than conventional transmissions and IMHO should pose no significant problem.
    Thanks a lot bro. I totally agree with all you said. But can you confirm if CVT or normal auto transmission is more expensive to repair? I was reading a forum on PW where a learned member by the name Xulfiqar quoted the price of only the belt of CVT which is fixed around the pulleys to be around 1.5 lac. Pardon me for asking these questions but I want to make well informed and prudent buying decision, in shaa Allaah.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohummed.ahmed View Post
    Thanks a lot bro. I totally agree with all you said. But can you confirm if CVT or normal auto transmission is more expensive to repair? I was reading a forum on PW where a learned member by the name Xulfiqar quoted the price of only the belt of CVT which is fixed around the pulleys to be around 1.5 lac. Pardon me for asking these questions but I want to make well informed and prudent buying decision, in shaa Allaah.
    Well cvt is harder to repair locally, that's for sure. Expensive i don't think so. You can source a whole cvt gear box for 0.1mil in the major cities. So who cares if the belt is 1.5lack or 2 lack. Your never going to be changing it.
    Plus sir the way you are researching for the matter you'll never be able to buy it. Because when it comes to the mechanical stuff all of them have pros and cons. Why don't you try searching for "problems in automatic transmission" and you'll find for yourself that even it ain't an error and problem free thing.
    Plus i believe if something wrong is meant to come it will come no matter what. What one can do is just do some research ( to a reasonable extent) then make your decision and stand by it.

Ps : there are cvt box prius and estimas that I've seen online with mileage exceeding 400k kms

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AABBDDuullaahh View Post
    Well cvt is harder to repair locally, that's for sure. Expensive i don't think so. You can source a whole cvt gear box for 0.1mil in the major s. So who cares if the belt is 1.5thk or 2 lack. Your never going to be changing it.
    Plus sir the way you are researching for the matter you'll never be able to buy it. Because when it comes to the mechanical stuff all of them have pros and cons. Why don't you try searching for "problems in automatic transmission" and you'll find for yourself that even it ain't an error and problem free thing.
    Plus i believe if something wrong is meant to come it will come no matter what. What one can do is just do some research ( to a reasonable extent) then make your decision and stand by it.

Ps : there are cvt box prius and estimas that I've seen online with mileage exceeding 400k kms
    Thanks a lot for such a nice reply and rightly said so, the more research you do, the more confused you become. Of course, one is not supposed to change the CVT belt especially in a brand new transmission in short run, but looking at perspective of long run, one may be bound to change it, so being aware of the cost of repairing it today, may avoid many financial problems in future.

Nevertheless, thank you once again for your kind input. Much appreciated.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@nido747. What is the purpose of turning on and off eco light? If you press the meter knob on ODO position for few secs Eco off, Eco on settings flash, if you select Eco off, the eco lamp light goes off, however, eco bar remains visible in AVG mode.

I also discovered that meter light level can be set. You have to turn on headlights and keep pressing and releasing the meter knob till you see two rows of dashes or hyphens and from there you can select the desired level.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    @nido747. What is the purpose of turning on and off eco light? If you press the meter knob on ODO position for few secs Eco off, Eco on settings flash, if you select Eco off, the eco lamp light goes off, however, eco bar remains visible in AVG mode.

I also discovered that meter light level can be set. You have to turn on headlights and keep pressing and releasing the meter knob till you see two rows of dashes or hyphens and from there you can select the desired level.
    Really? Didn't know that, I would love to play around with those beautiful meters😋
    Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post

Sir basically Eco Mode does not allow the rapid acceleration if a person press the pedal with heavy foot continuously (this is why sometime you feel a very small lag in acceleration) to keep the fuel in economical zone unless your floored your car by pressing pedal abruptly to over take a car. If you turn off eco mode then you can get rapid response of acceleration if you drive with heavy foot.

In civic,in addition to this feature that i explained before, there is another feature of eco mode in which eco mode does not allow rpm to go on higher end and instantaneously changes gears so that rpm remains between 1.5k to 2.5k to keep the fuel in economical zone but if you switch off this eco mode in civic then gear may change at or above 3k rpm like 3.5 to 4.5 or even 5k rpm but gear will not change on 2k rpm. i dont know this feature is also present in corolla too or not because there are only 4 gears

You have to experiment all this to second me .

Sir this meter lightening adjustment is also present in 10th gen corolla i think but we people do not read manuals that's why we have less knowledge of these kind of things. Some people do not like bright light in nights that is why this feature is present. i got to know this just two month before when my car lights got very dim and i thought there might be a problem of battery.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

guys any idea if prices are going to decrease in 2016??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey really in 11th Gen GLI...With Eco Mode does the acceleration decreases if its ON and can we get more power when it is OFF...Please Clarify!!!

Honestly if this thing is true then this is a very high grade feature which should be present in expensive cars like there is ECON in Civic!!!

But glad to see if this feature is present in cheap cars also like GLI e.t.c!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rohban427 View Post
    Please Clarify ...
    With cheap comments like that you can read the manual and find out for yourself

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Always wear seat belts, better safe than sorry

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Meanwhile in Murree!Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1437459634.053688.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  109.9 KB

|('}__ {Awargi!}
    |(_/\\_

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is there any way to update RR-MP7005G Operating system or maps? I have downloaded Sygic application in my laptop! and asks for connectivity! anyone tried it?
    I m not having any issues but just curious as i m addicted to updates :-p! want everything to be latest! lol
    http://earn4youth.com/?ref=120093 <-------------Click or copy! want to if its real or not! lol

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    this maybe because of bad fuel.
    my swift was knocking badly until i got fuel fuel from shell pump which is on thandi sarak .
    btw hyd me high octane milta hy ?
    Could be fuel quality but i got pretty much same results from everywhere. I will try shell Zenith. Not sure about High Octane availability in Hyderabad. Cheers!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nido747 View Post
    Sir basically Eco Mode does not allow the rapid acceleration if a person press the pedal with heavy foot continuously (this is why sometime you feel a very small lag in acceleration) to keep the fuel in economical zone unless your floored your car by pressing pedal abruptly to over take a car. If you turn off eco mode then you can get rapid response of acceleration if you drive with heavy foot.

In civic,in addition to this feature that i explained before, there is another feature of eco mode in which eco mode does not allow rpm to go on higher end and instantaneously changes gears so that rpm remains between 1.5k to 2.5k to keep the fuel in economical zone but if you switch off this eco mode in civic then gear may change at or above 3k rpm like 3.5 to 4.5 or even 5k rpm but gear will not change on 2k rpm. i dont know this feature is also present in corolla too or not because there are only 4 gears

You have to experiment all this to second me .

Sir this meter lightening adjustment is also present in 10th gen corolla i think but we people do not read manuals that's why we have less knowledge of these kind of things. Some people do not like bright light in nights that is why this feature is present. i got to know this just two month before when my car lights got very dim and i thought there might be a problem of battery.
    @nido747 bhai let's dig out more material on eco. So basically it's a driving profile like ECON button in Civic which also changes the driving profile. Great feature indeed if it is there otherwise just turning on and off eco light with this setting does not make any sense.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hungama007 View Post
    With cheap comments like that you can read the manual and find out for yourself

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Read the Manual...Couldn't find answer to the question I asked!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey really in 11th Gen GLI...With Eco Mode does the acceleration decreases if its ON and can we get more power when it is OFF...Please Clarify!!!

Honestly if this thing is true then this is a very high grade feature which should be present in expensive cars like there is ECON in Civic!!!

Eco function is not available in Gli manual but 1.3 Automatic has it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please don't make stupid posts, its really a turn off for me that you're back on Pakwheels.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sajjadmemon82 View Post
    Could be fuel quality but i got pretty much same results from everywhere. I will try shell Zenith. Not sure about High Octane availability in Hyderabad. Cheers!
    we really need high octane in hyd
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Total per guzara karo 90 rons

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here are the pics for ECO mode! took pics from the instruction manual! hope this is helpful!
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -159649611th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -159649711th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1596498
    http://earn4youth.com/?ref=120093 <-------------Click or copy! want to if its real or not! lol

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by geforce911 View Post
    Here are the pics for ECO mode! took pics from the instruction manual! hope this is helpful!
    Thanks for posting the pics. I have already uploaded the link of PDF Corolla manual above. But the real question is that what is the purpose of switching off Eco light? Does it have an impact on ECU settings? If yes then it is a very useful feature a sort of driving profile, like Econ button in Civic.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List