Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 635 of 1063 FirstFirst ... 135535585625633634635636637645685735 ... LastLast
Results 12,681 to 12,700 of 21255
Like Tree12212Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xquisite View Post
    No. They don't require a break-in period. As the engines are factory tested and run some 'kilometres' at the factory for 'testing'. So they spend their break-in period there. But still, hard braking and full throttle bursts should be avoided on a new car.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    You mean previously car engines were not tested and run in factory ?
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vik_vik View Post
    Hey guys, Anyone upgraded to 17" Alloys?? please share the Tire profile which helps to minimize the body and tire gap. I dont want to change the coils.

Gap remains same
    I hav noticed in 16" wheels 215/55 16 covers some gape

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by itsgumbys View Post
    You mean previously car engines were not tested and run in factory ?
    I'm not sure on that. What I do know is that cars of this era don't have a break in period. Their engines are already run in the factory before being bolted into the car. So, no break-in period.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xquisite View Post
    I'm not sure on that. What I do know is that cars of this era don't have a break in period. Their engines are already run in the factory before being bolted into the car. So, no break-in period.

ok.. what about first engine oil change. Manual says every oil should be changed at 5000 km. I guess first oil should be changed soon isn't it ?
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Gap remains same
    I hav noticed in 16" wheels 215/55 16 covers some gape

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Thanks for the advise, what if I get 17s and change the Coils? How much and where I can get the Coils for New Corolla.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

speaking of tires & psi you guys should seriously consider putting nitrogen in tires you will get a lot less variation in the tire pressure.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    47 days and counting .......... still a month away from delivery of my Gli Auto ... any totka to get it earlier ??
    Me 15 days from grande

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Had a very bad experience With Disco Music Electronics Saddar Rawalpindi

Had a very bad experience With Disco Music Electronics Saddar Rawalpindi .

Installed Front Cam Today.

Went to the shop named disco music to install front cam on my Altis 1.6. He quoted me Rs 2200/- with fitting and finally we agreed on Rs 2000/- with fitting. He called his technician named Kala ( a very old and very thin man with dark complexion with a smile on his face ). i saw him and i have doubt in mind that will he able to do this job.

As my pakwheel friend recommended him i said to myself that it would be fine. He started doing his work and my heart was literally pounding. First he was struggling in unhooking monogram finally he managed to do that some how then he started making a hole in monogram and i was keeping myself calm. Finally i asked him that you have made enough hole now please check weather camera fits in that or not. He replied "ap tension na lain sab sahi ho jye ga" and camera fits well infact a bit loose. he uses ELFI then with soil grains ( i dont know why soil grains) and started fitting camera in grill . I again said , please do check first that weather camera is working or not else you will again unhooking each and every thing .He replied again "ap tension na lain".

He took one wire from camera and from the side of the engine without any taping inserted in main cabin. He unhook dashboard pretty fine then he didn't find AV in port on back of the infotainment system . He start slicing every wire on back of the infotainment system and then testing it for AV in port. After the third wire sliced, i stopped him and asked him to take advice from some other electrician. He insisted "" nai nai ho jye ga".
    After around two hours the shop owner came and said "Altis mein tu front camera lagta he nai, is ke tu port he nai hai" I was just looking at him as his electrician had made a big hole in Grill and now he is saying k front cam ke tu option he nai hai . i showed Electrician that there are two ports of 'AV in' in menu. At this , electrician said that they need to take infotainment to some other mechanic and that mechanic will tell us that which port/pin is AV in and you need to pay Extra Rs 500/- for this.I went to the shop keeper and asked him politely that Why would i pay more, it is your fault that you and your electrician didn't know the wiring. Now his behavior changed totally . He started arguing and shouting on me, he said " ye mechanic ka kaam hai hamara kaam nai k hum ports dondtain phiran. Kam kerwa hai tu kerwao nai tu jao". Rs 500/- tu ap ko denay parain ***. If he agree on that it is his fault and ask me politely for Rs 500/- more for other electrician, i will happily pay them but he stood on that it is not his fault, port should be found by some other guy then electrician will do his work. I didn't like his behavior and the way he is treating his customer. His staff also start abusing me k "Lagta hai ap pehli bar kam kerwa ray hein. Gari pehli bar le ho ge ap nay" Finally some other guy told them how to do installation, i paid Rs 2000/- to them and Rs 500/- to other person who find AV in port and move on. The shopkeeper didn't give me any warranty of his device. When i reached home, i thoroughly saw installation. Electrician forgot to insert the bush from where he took the wire to cabin. There is an Elfi mark on monogram, tried to remove it but didn't succeed.

I will never go to Disco Music Electronic Saddar Rawalpindi again for any electronic device and will never recommend anyone to go there for any thing. If you have a misconducting behavior and you will not keep your words, do not know how to deal with customer then you have no worth in dealing.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nido747 View Post

Went to the shop named disco music to install front cam on my Altis 1.6. He quoted me Rs 2200/- with fitting and finally we agreed on Rs 2000/- with fitting. He called his technician named Kala ( a very old and very thin man with dark complexion with a smile on his face ). i saw him and i have doubt in mind that will he able to do this job.

As my pakwheel friend recommended him i said to myself that it would be fine. He started doing his work and my heart was literally pounding. First he was struggling in unhooking monogram finally he managed to do that some how then he started making a hole in monogram and i was keeping myself calm. Finally i asked him that you have made enough hole now please check weather camera fits in that or not. He replied "ap tension na lain sab sahi ho jye ga" and camera fits well infact a bit loose. he uses ELFI then with soil grains ( i dont know why soil grains) and started fitting camera in grill . I again said , please do check first that weather camera is working or not else you will again unhooking each and every thing .He replied again "ap tension na lain".

He took one wire from camera and from the side of the engine without any taping inserted in main cabin. He unhook dashboard pretty fine then he didn't find AV in port on back of the infotainment system . He start slicing every wire on back of the infotainment system and then testing it for AV in port. After the third wire i stopped him and asked him to take advice from some other electrician. He insisted "" nai nai ho jye ga".
    After around two hours the shop owner came and said "Altis mein tu front camera lagta he nai, is ke tu port he nai hai" I was just looking at him as his electrician had made a big hole in Grill and now he is saying k front cam ke tu option he nai hai . i showed Electrician that there are two ports of 'AV in' in menu. At this , electrician said that they need to take infotainment to some other mechanic and that mechanic will tell us that which port/pin is AV in and you need to pay Extra Rs 500/- for this.I went to the shop keeper and asked him politely that Why would i pay more, it is your fault that you and your electrician didn't know the wiring. Now his behavior changed totally . He started arguing and shouting on me, he said " ye mechanic ka kaam hai hamara kaam nai k hum ports dondtain phiran. Kam kerwa hai tu kerwao nai tu jao". Rs 500/- tu ap ko denay parain ***. If he agree on that it is his fault and ask me politely for Rs 500/- more, i will happily pay them. I didn't like his behavior and the way he is treating his customer. His staff also start abusing me k "Lagta hai ap pehli bar kam kerwa ray hein. Gari pehli bar le ho ge ap nay" Finally some other guy told them how to do installation, i paid Rs 2000/- to them and Rs 500/- to other person who find AV in port and move on. He didn't give me any warranty of his device. When i reached home, i thoroughly saw installation. Electrician forgot to insert bush again. There is an Elfi mark on monogram, tried to remove it but didn't succeed.

I will never go to Disco Music Electronic Saddar Rawalpindi again for any electronic device and will never recommend anyone to go there for any thing. If you have a misconducting behavior and you will not keep your words, do not know how to deal with customer then you have no worth in dealing.
    Sad to hear about all this. I had LCD headrests installed from this place in my Altis after it was recommend to me by pakwheels. I think a person named 'Sunny' owns the shop. The guy who did my job was quite young and knew what he was doing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

He took one wire from camera and from the side of the engine without any taping inserted in main cabin. He unhook dashboard pretty fine then he didn't find AV in port on back of the infotainment system . He start slicing every wire on back of the infotainment system and then testing it for AV in port. After the third wire sliced, i stopped him and asked him to take advice from some other electrician. He insisted "" nai nai ho jye ga".
    After around two hours the shop owner came and said "Altis mein tu front camera lagta he nai, is ke tu port he nai hai" I was just looking at him as his electrician had made a big hole in Grill and now he is saying k front cam ke tu option he nai hai . i showed Electrician that there are two ports of 'AV in' in menu. At this , electrician said that they need to take infotainment to some other mechanic and that mechanic will tell us that which port/pin is AV in and you need to pay Extra Rs 500/- for this.I went to the shop keeper and asked him politely that Why would i pay more, it is your fault that you and your electrician didn't know the wiring. Now his behavior changed totally . He started arguing and shouting on me, he said " ye mechanic ka kaam hai hamara kaam nai k hum ports dondtain phiran. Kam kerwa hai tu kerwao nai tu jao". Rs 500/- tu ap ko denay parain ***. If he agree on that it is his fault and ask me politely for Rs 500/- more for other electrician, i will happily pay them but he stood on that it is not his fault, port should be found by some other guy then electrician will do his work. I didn't like his behavior and the way he is treating his customer. His staff also start abusing me k "Lagta hai ap pehli bar kam kerwa ray hein. Gari pehli bar le ho ge ap nay" Finally some other guy told them how to do installation, i paid Rs 2000/- to them and Rs 500/- to other person who find AV in port and move on. He didn't give me any warranty of his device. When i reached home, i thoroughly saw installation. Electrician forgot to insert bush again. There is an Elfi mark on monogram, tried to remove it but didn't succeed.

Very bad, very bad. Take a 125, make a petrol bomb and drop it on Disco music.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a perfect CAB

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1605428

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1605429
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by afnanSJfayaz View Post
    Sad to hear about all this. I had LCD headrests installed from this place in my Altis after it was recommend to me by pakwheels. I think a person named 'Sunny' owns the shop. The guy who did my job was quite young and knew what he was doing.
    Its ok , people do commit mistake but it is your behavior which make you a MAN. if he admit his mistake and talk sensibly, i will never ever write up this thing. To be honest, i will not recommend anybody to Disco Music Saddar Rawalpindi due to their unprofessional attitude.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

While corolla looks perfect in the cab livery. As it is built for it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by memad View Post
    While corolla looks perfect in the cab livery. As it is built for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    a perfect CAB

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1605428

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1605429

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1605449

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1605454

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1605458
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@autophile aap tou dil par lai gai sir .. ! ..

it is in Pakistan and very much in Karachi and very much what I met with when called in for service.

& mine is arriving on 19th .. but after today .. the President & Prime Ministers said .. GHAR nahi aan chahyea yeah Taxi .. tum suzuki dabba lay lo magar taxi ghar na lana.. khabardar .

- am in serious FIX

all u shared are elsewhere ! fiker not
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After around two hours the shop owner came and said "Altis mein tu front camera lagta he nai, is ke tu port he nai hai" I was just looking at him as his electrician had made a big hole in Grill and now he is saying k front cam ke tu option he nai hai . i showed Electrician that there are two ports of 'AV in' in menu. At this , electrician said that they need to take infotainment to some other mechanic and that mechanic will tell us that which port/pin is AV in and you need to pay Extra Rs 500/- for this.I went to the shop keeper and asked him politely that Why would i pay more, it is your fault that you and your electrician didn't know the wiring. Now his behavior changed totally . He started arguing and shouting on me, he said " ye mechanic ka kaam hai hamara kaam nai k hum ports dondtain phiran. Kam kerwa hai tu kerwao nai tu jao". Rs 500/- tu ap ko denay parain ***. If he agree on that it is his fault and ask me politely for Rs 500/- more for other electrician, i will happily pay them but he stood on that it is not his fault, port should be found by some other guy then electrician will do his work. I didn't like his behavior and the way he is treating his customer. His staff also start abusing me k "Lagta hai ap pehli bar kam kerwa ray hein. Gari pehli bar le ho ge ap nay" Finally some other guy told them how to do installation, i paid Rs 2000/- to them and Rs 500/- to other person who find AV in port and move on. The shopkeeper didn't give me any warranty of his device. When i reached home, i thoroughly saw installation. Electrician forgot to insert the bush from where he took the wire to cabin. There is an Elfi mark on monogram, tried to remove it but didn't succeed.

If i were you i would have teached the shopkeeper the leason of his life

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@autophile aap tou dil par lai gai sir .. ! ..

it is in Pakistan and very much in Karachi and very much what I met with when called in for service.

& mine is arriving on 19th .. but after today .. the President & Prime Ministers said .. GHAR nahi aan chahyea yeah Taxi .. tum suzuki dabba lay lo magar taxi ghar na lana.. khabardar .

- am in serious FIX

all u shared are elsewhere ! fiker not
    Hahahaha. It was just to let people know that in other parts of the world even better cars are being used as cabs and there is nothing wrong with that. And everyone knows that why pic of Corolla Cab is posted in forums

It is serving well as cab, because it has proven its mettle since 2002 and two generations of Corolla i.e 9th and 10th have proved as work horses and sturdy to serve as mainstay of rent a car and radio cab network.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    Hahahaha. It was just to let people know that in other parts of the world even better cars are being used as cabs and there is nothing wrong with that. And everyone knows that why pic of Corolla Cab is posted in forums

It is serving well as cab, because it has proven its mettle since 2002 and two generations of Corolla i.e 9th and 10th have proved as work horses and sturdy to serve as mainstay of rent a car and radio cab network.
    kuch bhi hai am at LOSS & am in serious fix - what else i can get NEW in that price, a lawn mower is NO.

may be i ask @Haroon_Tarar for a c-class in the price of new corolla, agar I have to live under the same roof as 2 seriously powerful ministers and integral part of my being.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kuch bhi hai am at LOSS & am in serious fix - what else i can get NEW in that price, a lawn mower is NO.

may be i ask @Haroon_Tarar for a c-class in the price of new corolla, agar I have to live under the same roof as 2 seriously powerful ministers and integral part of my being.
    What should matter is what you like. In the end, it's your money and your choice.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear all, this forum has proved to be very helpful in giving each and every minute detail about Corolla. I have now made up my mind to buy the very first Corolla in my life, In shaa Allaah, as I have always been using Suzuki Cars before. I am a bit confused whether to go for Altis 1.6 or Altis 1.8 CVTi (Non-Grande), and would like to ask some questions on this:

1. Is it true that 1.8 variants have better built / better quality material used in them as compared to 1.3 and 1.6 with regard to paint and interior especially?

2. Before taking delivery, is it allowed to drive the car for some distance within dealership premises to look for any potential issues?

3. Are 1.8 variants really more fuel efficient than 1.3 and 1.6 variants?

Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List