Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 683 of 1064 FirstFirst ... 183583633673681682683684685693733783 ... LastLast
Results 13,641 to 13,660 of 21267
Like Tree12214Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    13
    Posts
    312
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

    Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

    Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

    Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

    Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

    Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

    Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

    Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

    Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747


    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223



    • Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.


    Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.



  2. #13641
    PakWheeler Follow
    vik_vik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Eid mubarik guys.
    Quick question. Did anyone buy Android player for 2015 corolla?
    If yes then please share price, screen size?
    Thanks

    Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

  3. #13642
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,218
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    it was that imported corolla... jiski back lights liana jaisi hain...premio and corolla ka difference mujhe bhi pata hai doston =)
    Its an XEX premio in the picture. Bhai g khair to hai na?
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  4. #13643
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    silentassassin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    4,188
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Its an XEX premio in the picture. Bhai g khair to hai na?
    Yes its a premio. 5 Nuts are in Premio

  5. #13644
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bilal49er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    6600 kms driven on Euro Star no issues at all grip, both wet and dry, is amazing. No road noise.

    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using Tapatalk
    Now that's a statement to make!
    My personal experience and observations are totally opposite!
    sent from my HD2 without using the handset itself!!

  6. #13645
    PakWheeler Follow
    hungama007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    582
    Follows
    1
    Following
    10
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by bilal49er View Post
    Now that's a statement to make!
    My personal experience and observations are totally opposite!
    There are many that will agree with you here


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Always wear seat belts, better safe than sorry

  7. #13646
    PakWheeler Follow
    PlayMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    6600 kms driven on Euro Star no issues at all grip, both wet and dry, is amazing. No road noise.

    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using Tapatalk
    I agree with you totally. The day I booked my car I made up my mind to go for Yokohama or any other imported brand, but when the car arrived I didn't change them just to check EuroStars and to my surprise, the are pretty reasonable. Yes if you brake hard under some circumstances like slippery road, mud, gravel etc then may be other tyres won't skid or ABS will not engage but in these EuroStars the ABS is engaged at the last moment not that serious.

    Now the real game changer imo was the moment when I came to Mzd, road was really pathetic, mud, rain, potholes throughout the journey and EuroStars performed like a champ. Hands down!

    I think that their only drawback is 'Made in Pakistan' label.

    PS: I'm not saying that EuroStars are better from others, my point of view is simple; spending 35-40k for slightly better handling, little low road noise and a bit better grip is not worth it.

    For average and below average roads in Pakistan, EuroStar does the job fine.

  8. #13647
    PakWheeler Follow
    itsgumbys's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    706
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
    I agree with you totally. The day I booked my car I made up my mind to go for Yokohama or any other imported brand, but when the car arrived I didn't change them just to check EuroStars and to my surprise, the are pretty reasonable. Yes if you brake hard under some circumstances like slippery road, mud, gravel etc then may be other tyres won't skid or ABS will not engage but in these EuroStars the ABS is engaged at the last moment not that serious.

    Now the real game changer imo was the moment when I came to Mzd, road was really pathetic, mud, rain, potholes throughout the journey and EuroStars performed like a champ. Hands down!

    I think that their only drawback is 'Made in Pakistan' label.

    PS: I'm not saying that EuroStars are better from others, my point of view is simple; spending 35-40k for slightly better handling, little low road noise and a bit better grip is not worth it.

    For average and below average roads in Pakistan, EuroStar does the job fine.
    I agree it's not just the tire that matters.. The road conditions on which it's used also matters. Japanese tires are meant to be driven on their roads not ours.
    -

  9. #13648
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Nabeel_Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,509
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
    I agree with you totally. The day I booked my car I made up my mind to go for Yokohama or any other imported brand, but when the car arrived I didn't change them just to check EuroStars and to my surprise, the are pretty reasonable. Yes if you brake hard under some circumstances like slippery road, mud, gravel etc then may be other tyres won't skid or ABS will not engage but in these EuroStars the ABS is engaged at the last moment not that serious.

    Now the real game changer imo was the moment when I came to Mzd, road was really pathetic, mud, rain, potholes throughout the journey and EuroStars performed like a champ. Hands down!

    I think that their only drawback is 'Made in Pakistan' label.

    PS: I'm not saying that EuroStars are better from others, my point of view is simple; spending 35-40k for slightly better handling, little low road noise and a bit better grip is not worth it.

    For average and below average roads in Pakistan, EuroStar does the job fine.
    Well bro you haven't tried Yokohoma nor Michelin then.

    Initially you won't find anything bad in these tyres but once changing them to something like Advan DB, you will seriously forget eurostars.

    I just can't even drive on eurostars, they are hard as hell, highly noisy and overall destroy the comfort level of the car.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  10. #13649
    PakWheeler Follow
    PlayMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    Well bro you haven't tried Yokohoma nor Michelin then.

    Initially you won't find anything bad in these tyres but once changing them to something like Advan DB, you will seriously forget eurostars.

    I just can't even drive on eurostars, they are hard as hell, highly noisy and overall destroy the comfort level of the car.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I've experienced them, yes they are better but not something extraordinary.

    I personally know examples where these Yokohama, Michelin tyres hit potholes and they get a cut easily. These tyres are meant to be driven on smooth carpeted roads. Our road conditions don't do justice to such high performance tyres.

  11. #13650
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    autophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    13,578
    Follows
    20
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    My experience is based on almost more than dozen of cars with both imported Japanese tires and Euro Stars all across Pakistan for the past 12 year. Euro does the job.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

  12. #13651
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    autophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    13,578
    Follows
    20
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aqgmbest View Post
    If no tyres help above 100kms.then whats is this?

    Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
    He was talking about cornering at 100 with Euros was a bad experience. I told him that it could be fatal even for the most expensive Japanese, Spanish or French tire. I was talking about driving straight on an empty road at 140 with Euros.

    If you want further clarity, please do not hesitate to ask.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

  13. #13652
    PakWheeler Follow
    candid.stunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    58
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have driven 2800 km nd euro does the job pretty well

  14. #13653
    PakWheeler Follow
    hungama007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    582
    Follows
    1
    Following
    10
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    With have all the support coming out now for Eurostars.👌


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Always wear seat belts, better safe than sorry

  15. #13654
    PakWheeler Follow
    mzkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    155
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Nice discussion.
    I drove my car for 4400 km on euro and I usually drive on carpeted road
    Whenever I got chance of free road, the deafening sound euro was not acceptable.
    Then I changed my tires to Advan and believe me it was like charm driving in carpeted road. Very less noise and smooth drive.

    Sorry to say but it's like Clarks vs locally assembled shoes.

    Here I'm saying as first I had no inclination of changing tires and second I've tried both tires on same car so spending something for satisfaction worth every penny of it.

  16. #13655
    PakWheeler Follow
    hishamkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    33
    Posts
    186
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mzkhan View Post
    Nice discussion.
    I drove my car for 4400 km on euro and I usually drive on carpeted road
    Whenever I got chance of free road, the deafening sound euro was not acceptable.
    Then I changed my tires to Advan and believe me it was like charm driving in carpeted road. Very less noise and smooth drive.

    Sorry to say but it's like Clarks vs locally assembled shoes.

    Here I'm saying as first I had no inclination of changing tires and second I've tried both tires on same car so spending something for satisfaction worth every penny of it.
    Totally agree. Eurostars are of pathetic quality resulting in average handling and comfort. i will always change them if i get them in a new or used car. i also think spending the extra buck on quality tyres like Yokohama, Michelin, Dunlop etc. is and always will be worth it.

    Eurostars were excellent for the 5 km journey i made from the Toyota dealership to the tyre shop, because they got me there in one piece (ok, exaggerating a bit) and then off they went and into the bin. But i must admit that even that garbage made me Rs.20000/-. LoL

    its exactly like wearing a nice expensive designer suit and then finishing it off with shoes from Bata.

  17. #13656
    PakWheeler Follow
    hishamkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    33
    Posts
    186
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    My experience is based on almost more than dozen of cars with both imported Japanese tires and Euro Stars all across Pakistan for the past 12 year. Euro does the job.
    quality imported tyres do the job aswell, just better.

  18. #13657
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Nabeel_Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,509
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
    I've experienced them, yes they are better but not something extraordinary.

    I personally know examples where these Yokohama, Michelin tyres hit potholes and they get a cut easily. These tyres are meant to be driven on smooth carpeted roads. Our road conditions don't do justice to such high performance tyres.
    Then it's personal preference I always admire quality and eurostars are against it. Moreover, the true potential of suspension comes out when quality tyres are used.

    For potholes Michelin xm2 is king, my Prius is 40k driven in a year on one of the dirtiest roads in Lahore and not even once was it cut or punctured.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  19. #13658
    PakWheeler Follow
    hungama007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    582
    Follows
    1
    Following
    10
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hishamkhan View Post
    Totally agree

    its exactly like wearing a nice expensive designer suit and then finishing it off with shoes from Bata.
    I like your example your spot on


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Always wear seat belts, better safe than sorry

  20. #13659
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

    A tyre where the manufacturer doesn't even bother to print the manufacturing date or temperature/traction/ tread wear ratings and many other info missing you guys want to trust your life on when even the manufacturer doesn't trust thier product which does not confirm to international standards. Every tyre must have this info but it's missing here

    Even the manufacturing date is in general tyre company code and not the usual standard

    This alone makes the decision for me even before we go on to consider the drive/ handling comfort etc which are subjective and will vary from person to person. Unless general tyre company provides some objective data these tyres are useless in my opinion


    Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using PW Forums
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  21. #13660
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    autophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    13,578
    Follows
    20
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I am not saying that Euros are better than imported tires, but they work and work good and we have driven them till 85,000 kms on our field cars without any problems in all terrains of Pakistan for years and years and not a single problem.

    I have personally used Yokos and Dunlops and only found them slightly better, not something like from outer space.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •