Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 684 of 1064 FirstFirst ... 184584634674682683684685686694734784 ... LastLast
Results 13,661 to 13,680 of 21270
Like Tree12215Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

At this stage when a Corolla costs minimum 17 lacs it's not enough that the tyre does the job it should do it well and not be a compromise. Otherwise our industry will never improve.similarly people would have stayed with tube tyres as they also did the job fine instead of tubeless. It's time general company realised that they should make products at least to the standard where they can compete with any outisdie brand. Even chinease tyres have all specs written and have been tested internationally .

Further this logic also falls apart if the car in concern is a Altis 1.6 or 1.8 or grande
    The whole point of getting a Altis 1.6 and similar is that it offers a better and more powerful experience than a gli 1.3 auto otherwise the gli auto is more this enough to do the job and take you anywhere with reasonable power too.
    So especially for anybody to justify getting any altis but then not to change the tyres and say euros do the job reasonably well doesn't make sense they should not compromise on the sole contact their car has with the road.

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using PW Forums
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs down Didn't like General tyres!

Dear all,
    I'd like to come in here to give you my experience with General tyres. In my car I first had Korean Kumo and then Japanese Bridgestone before switching to Pakistani made General tyres. I'm a patriot and want my country to progress and do all I can to buy Pakistani stuff but there is a flip side of the coin when things are substandard. I've had the same experience with my General tyres. The road grip is not good and the car skids especially when doing tight turns at a speed where my Kumo and Bridgestone won't budge. Their grip was much better than my General tyres. Do I regret my decision of buying General tyres? Yes. Will I buy them again? No.

The tyre is the most abused and the most neglected part of a vehicle. Always go for a good branded tyre. In my opinion, Michelin, Continental, Goodyear, Dunlop and Bridgestone are good tyres.

Regards.
    "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense," Thomas Henry Huxley.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    At this stage when a Corolla costs minimum 17 lacs it's not enough that the tyre does the job it should do it well and not be a compromise. Otherwise our industry will never improve.similarly people would have stayed with tube tyres as they also did the job fine instead of tubeless. It's time general company realised that they should make products at least to the standard where they can compete with any outisdie brand. Even chinease tyres have all specs written and have been tested internationally .

Further this logic also falls apart if the car in concern is a Altis 1.6 or 1.8 or grande
    The whole point of getting a Altis 1.6 and similar is that it offers a better and more powerful experience than a gli 1.3 auto otherwise the gli auto is more this enough to do the job and take you anywhere with reasonable power too.
    So especially for anybody to justify getting any altis but then not to change the tyres and say euros do the job reasonably well doesn't make sense they should not compromise on the sole contact their car has with the road.

well said bro!
    Further to your point, ppl are quoting that 1.6 super ect is Japan made and 1.3 is of Malaysian (though IMC hasn't mentioned this), just to justify their decision and HELP ppl buy 1.6.

I'm tired of this comparison thing in fact.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is no compromise and it is based on an experience based on more than a decade and thousands of miles. Euros are absolutely safe.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mzkhan View Post
    well said bro!
    Further to your point, ppl are quoting that 1.6 super ect is Japan made and 1.3 is of Malaysian (though IMC hasn't mentioned this), just to justify their decision and HELP ppl buy 1.6.

I'm tired of this comparison thing in fact.
    Mohtaram @mzkhan Sahib,
    I've stated this earlier; there are many IMC salesmen in this thread masquerading as affluent Corolla buyers and users trying to entice the general public into buying junk made by IMC. Readers please beware of them. They are hunting for gullible buyers.

Regards.
    "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense," Thomas Henry Huxley.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    There is no compromise and it is based on an experience based on more than a decade and thousands of miles. Euros are absolutely safe.
    Not at all doubting your experience sir. But what good reason does General tyre company have for omitting essential info that would easily allow us to judge between tyres. My stance is that it's a very doubtful and in confidence inspiring tyre why not change if especially if one can justify getting a Altis.

Take the tread wear rating for example which is not printed. People are of the view that euro stars are better suited to our roads than imported tyres but if a imported tyre has a better treadwear rating and many have excellent treadwear ratings no matter what the road it's used on it'll last longer.

There's also evidence to the contrary. There are many threads where people mentioned euro stars blowing on the motorway or where civic and corollas lost control and flipped and majority had euro star tyres. Now obviously people were also over speeding but a better tyre could have allowed them to save themselves from this mistake.

Even a personal Experince my Altis came with eurostars tyres in 2010 and within a year they developed irreparable flat spots all 4 tyres structure was bent out of shape due to the car only travelling 1000km in a year
    Now it has continentals since long and they never develop issue of permanent flat spots even though they are supposed to be softer and it's still used for 1000-2000km a year only and even if I leave it for 3 months standing a quick high speed run makes the tyre warmup and any flat spotndissapear

So it shows how lousy the construction of euro star is. It's fine for everyday use certainly but for anything even a bit more it's a serious question mark and compromise in drive especially in a altis

That's all in my view :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Your experience may be different and someone else may be different. General is not giving info on tire, oh I never noticed that. One thing I know that these tires have been running good around even 90,000 kms without any problem in my circle and we have been using them on Toyotas for our field work and sometimes we have to drive hundreds of kms for weeks and cars stop just when driver needs sleep. Since 2003 we have been driving on General/Euros and did not even experience a puncture what to talk about a skid or an accident.

Obviously they cannot be better than imported tires-- the point you and others are trying to press here and I agree with it. The moment they gave any problem to me, I will just throw them.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Your experience may be different and someone else may be different. General is not giving info on tire, oh I never noticed that. One thing I know that these tires have been running good around even 90,000 kms without any problem in my circle and we have been using them on Toyotas for our field work and sometimes we have to drive hundreds of kms for weeks and cars stop just when driver needs sleep. Since 2003 we have been driving on General/Euros and did not even experience a puncture what to talk about a skid or an accident.

Obviously they cannot be better than imported tires-- the point you and others are trying to press here and I agree with it. The moment they gave any problem to me, I will just throw them.
    We both are on the same page then
    That's what I originally said that experiances are subjective and will vary from person to person. Just because I had a particular experience doesn't mean you would have the same and just because you had a particular experience doesn't mean others would have the same

That's why I am saying general tyre should give concrete specs on tyres and because they are not sold anywhere else in the world we cannot read professional tyre reviews and comparisons with other tyres in a a objective way

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yokohama is a well established name when it comes to tyre manufacturing.
    Just see the following link where they have launched Yokohama Earth 1 'made for India'. Just think why is this so?
    If Yokohama Advan dB or other tyres are so good then they should be launched in India as well, but they've made a separate range for Indian road conditions because they know that India has different road conditions as compared to developed countries.
    So which imported tyres here are made for Pakistan or made for India even?

If any imported tyre here says 'Made for Pakistan/India' then it's something mouth watering, until then, EuroStar all the way, at least they can cope with our harsh road conditions.

Link: http://www.topgear.com/india/new-car-news?id=2390

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by itsgumbys View Post
    I agree it's not just the tire that matters.. The road conditions on which it's used also matters. Japanese tires are meant to be driven on their roads not ours.
    Finally someone realised it.. I kept on saying that, every tyre company/manufacturer launches their tyres according to region. So it's not necessary that every made in Japan tyre can perform good on Pakistani roads.
    I didn't find any issues in Eurostars besides that they were heavy puts load on suspension. Otherwise they perform very good on rough roads.
    Basically they are not performance oriented. They are made to perform as all rounder.
    Right now using advan db.. No doubt they are performing beautifully. On good roads and high speed they work like a charm but cannot compete with euros on rough roads.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today traveled on my Grande from Rawalpindi to Lahore on GT Road with light foot & 4 adults on board ماشاءاللہ got average of 19km/ltr. Total distance covered 300km in 4.5 hours.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
    Yokohama is a well established name when it comes to tyre manufacturing.
    Just see the following link where they have launched Yokohama Earth 1 'made for India'. Just think why is this so?
    If Yokohama Advan dB or other tyres are so good then they should be launched in India as well, but they've made a separate range for Indian road conditions because they know that India has different road conditions as compared to developed countries.
    So which imported tyres here are made for Pakistan or made for India even?

If any imported tyre here says 'Made for Pakistan/India' then it's something mouth watering, until then, EuroStar all the way, at least they can cope with our harsh road conditions.

Link: http://www.topgear.com/india/new-car-news?id=2390
    Brother I have already given the above statement on "tyre guru" thread, regarding Earth1 tyres launched in India etc etc, but no body bothered..
    Below is the link.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mec...66#post4877263

Anyways our job is to mention or share our personal experiences here.
    Rest is up to the reader, how he responds.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gitts070 View Post
    Brother I have already given the above statement on "tyre guru" thread, regarding Earth1 tyres launched in India etc etc, but no body bothered..
    Anyways our job is to mention or share our personal experiences here.
    Rest is up to the reader, how he responds.
    It's our common mindset that Pakistan ki hai to farigh cheez hi hogi and imported hai to wah g wah Japaaaaani cheez hai......:p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys lets discuss about prelli tyres offered by imc are they good enough for our roads I am planning to change euro.... As I can't find any authorised nd custom cleared Michelle energy saver in khi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not at all doubting your experience sir. But what good reason does General tyre company have for omitting essential info that would easily allow us to judge between tyres. My stance is that it's a very doubtful and in confidence inspiring tyre why not change if especially if one can justify getting a Altis.

Take the tread wear rating for example which is not printed. People are of the view that euro stars are better suited to our roads than imported tyres but if a imported tyre has a better treadwear rating and many have excellent treadwear ratings no matter what the road it's used on it'll last longer.

There's also evidence to the contrary. There are many threads where people mentioned euro stars blowing on the motorway or where civic and corollas lost control and flipped and majority had euro star tyres. Now obviously people were also over speeding but a better tyre could have allowed them to save themselves from this mistake.

Even a personal Experince my Altis came with eurostars tyres in 2010 and within a year they developed irreparable flat spots all 4 tyres structure was bent out of shape due to the car only travelling 1000km in a year
    Now it has continentals since long and they never develop issue of permanent flat spots even though they are supposed to be softer and it's still used for 1000-2000km a year only and even if I leave it for 3 months standing a quick high speed run makes the tyre warmup and any flat spotndissapear

So it shows how lousy the construction of euro star is. It's fine for everyday use certainly but for anything even a bit more it's a serious question mark and compromise in drive especially in a altis

That's all in my view :-)

Euro tire specs are here: Euro Star

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Euro tire specs are here: Euro Star
    there is no information apart form speed and load index, i am talking about the stuff that allows a comparison between tyres, no treadwear rating, no temperature rating, no traction rating, no manufacturing date even , no certification number like most companies such as continentals have additional certification numbers by government departments that tyre has been tested, if you give me till morning i can tell you much more things that are missing on the sidewall of eurostars, these examples are the few from the top of the head i can recall. anywhere else in the world you are not allowed to sale a tyre without a manufacturing date, and these ratings, there aren't even any markings as to high and low spots on the tyres. a tyre with temperature rating B for example in UAE is not allowed to be used on any car that will be driven on highways.

without these ratings you cannot prove that eurostars are better at rough roads or they have been actually tested. there are no barcodes or any verificaiton to check even that its not a defected tyre from the factory as every company including michillen for example doesnt make perfect tyres and each year they discard a large number of tyres with these markings rubbed off.

the missing specs show that its a substandard tyre with the tyre maker making no attempt at even confirming to minimum international standards that will give buyers confidence in the tyre. just having the speed rating or load index is not enough. its a compromise.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there is no information apart form speed and load index, i am talking about the stuff that allows a comparison between tyres, no treadwear rating, no temperature rating, no traction rating, no manufacturing date even , no certification number like most companies such as continentals have additional certification numbers by government departments that tyre has been tested, if you give me till morning i can tell you much more things that are missing on the sidewall of eurostars, these examples are the few from the top of the head i can recall. anywhere else in the world you are not allowed to sale a tyre without a manufacturing date, and these ratings, there aren't even any markings as to high and low spots on the tyres. a tyre with temperature rating B for example in UAE is not allowed to be used on any car that will be driven on highways.

without these ratings you cannot prove that eurostars are better at rough roads or they have been actually tested. there are no barcodes or any verificaiton to check even that its not a defected tyre from the factory as every company including michillen for example doesnt make perfect tyres and each year they discard a large number of tyres with these markings rubbed off.

the missing specs show that its a substandard tyre with the tyre maker making no attempt at even confirming to minimum international standards that will give buyers confidence in the tyre. just having the speed rating or load index is not enough. its a compromise.
    This is Pakistan bhai. The thing is that tire works or not, that's all.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is Pakistan bhai. The thing is that tire works or not, that's all.
    Yes that's why I am saying its a compromise, I expect a tyre to have this basic info to trust it as we all know how important tyres are in a car

Peace :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes that's why I am saying its a compromise, I expect a tyre to have this basic info to trust it as we all know how important tyres are in a car

Peace :-)

LoL. Having not those marking makes a tire unsafe!!! What about practical experience with dozens of cars on Euros I have managed, used and run since 2003? If that tire was so bad anything must have gone wrong like bad skid, accident or a blown up tire. None of such thing.

Do yourself a favour and visit five or six workshops and check the cars under repair have which tires? Printing of the info is a great thing. But I guess in Pakistan there are no regulations for a tire manufacturer to do that. But Euros reliability over the years of use has made me trust them as good tires and it is not a compromise at all.

In 2005 I and a friend bought a Corolla and immediately changed its tire to Yokohama. Mine lasted hardly 40,000 kms and lost grip, while he changed his General Xp 2000 tires after 90,000 kms and his last journey was Islamabad-Khi-Islamabad on those tires.

After that I changed to Dunlop, were good tires, but became hard. Then I got Euro Klass directional tires and I loved them. Almost half the price and good performance.

For the past two years my second car Mehran also has General tires and these tires have given no problems at all on motorway both in hot summer days and stormy rains.

Just there is 19/20 difference between Euro and imported tires. Rest is all psychological satisfaction of having spent more money on imported tires for which one is never sure that even through official channels what kind of tire you are getting as even manufacturing dates are also tempered so easily in Pakistan. Do not go on fancy packaging and barcodes etc our people are too good at these things.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LoL. Having not those marking makes a tire unsafe!!! What about practical experience with dozens of cars on Euros I have managed, used and run since 2003? If that tire was so bad anything must have gone wrong like bad skid, accident or a blown up tire. None of such thing.

Do yourself a favour and visit five or six workshops and check the cars under repair have which tires? Printing of the info is a great thing. But I guess in Pakistan there are no regulations for a tire manufacturer to do that. But Euros reliability over the years of use has made me trust them as good tires and it is not a compromise at all.

In 2005 I and a friend bought a Corolla and immediately changed its tire to Yokohama. Mine lasted hardly 40,000 kms and lost grip, while he changed his General Xp 2000 tires after 90,000 kms and his last journey was Islamabad-Khi-Islamabad on those tires.

After that I changed to Dunlop, were good tires, but became hard. Then I got Euro Klass directional tires and I loved them. Almost half the price and good performance.

For the past two years my second car Mehran also has General tires and these tires have given no problems at all on motorway both in hot summer days and stormy rains.

Just there is 19/20 difference between Euro and imported tires. Rest is all psychological satisfaction of having spent more money on imported tires for which one is never sure that even through official channels what kind of tire you are getting as even manufacturing dates are also tempered so easily in Pakistan. Do not go on fancy packaging and barcodes etc our people are too good at these things.
    These things that I mention prove quality control, these things ensure that the tyre I am getting is perfect form the factory , no such confirmation can be had for eurostars okay forget the certification number what about basic stuff as manufacturing dates what has general tyres got to hide, did they break the industry record by making a tyre with no low or high spot , all thes things give no confidence in tyre at all so you cannot compare it to any other tyre big brand or small as it doesn't have these basic markings and making it substandard as there is no logical way to verify the performance and saftey of the tyre

Your whole claim is based only on experience which as I said before will vary for everybody. and how can i think that running 90,000 km is fine on xp2000 when I know for s fact in Pakistan most people don't care for expiration of tyres and don't discard tyres after 5 years of manaufacitre especially on General tyres where there is no manufacturing date, just because they didn't have a blowout even though it's imminent doesn't mean I won't And similarly I have also stories of bad experiences on euros like one example I mentioned before and neither have any of my imported tyres caused any issues on our so called bad road I have had euros yoko advan continentals michillens pirellis and Bridgestone all have given better driving experiance than euros but again I don't put weight to it as it's subjective and I am trying to have a objective discussion otherwise there are already too many opinions already present on these tyres on pakwheels

I didn want to compare experience as it's subjective, I can't say your experience is wrong or mine is correct, on the basis of actual facts saftey of euro star tyres is a question mark and a compromise is the word I use, they are fine for everyday use but nothing more if I can buy a 1.9 million or so car why can't I spend 20k on the most important thing.concerning that car which is tyres for satisfaction of my personal saftey which I have reason to believes is compromised because of no data, this alone is a important point let alone comfort and grip which Come later these are not sold anywhere else so we cannot have a objective comparison of them by a professional as to whether the difference is 19/20 or 10/20

It's no use continuing the discussion further as we are going round in circles you are convinced by your experience and I am unconvinced on the merit of the tyre on paper, we have made the choice for our own rides now let us allow other members to read our discussion and make the choice for themselves

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List