Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 685 of 1062 FirstFirst ... 185585635675683684685686687695735785 ... LastLast
Results 13,681 to 13,700 of 21228
Like Tree12199Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    These things that I mention prove quality control, these things ensure that the tyre I am getting is perfect form the factory , no such confirmation can be had for eurostars okay forget the certification number what about basic stuff as manufacturing dates what has general tyres got to hide, did they brake the industry record by making a tyre with no low or high sport , all thes things give no confidence in tyre at all so you cannot compare it to any other tyre big brand or small as it doesn't have these basic markings and making it substandard as there is no logical way to verify the performance of the tyre

Your whole claim is based only on experience which as I said before will vary for everybody. and how can i think that running 90,000 km is fine on xp2000 when I know for s fact in Pakistan most people don't care for expiration of tyres and don't discard tyres after 5 years of manaufacitre especially on General tyres where there is no manufacturing date, just because they didn't have a blowout even though it's imminent doesn't mean I won't And similarly I have also stories of bad experiences on euros like one example I mentioned before and neither have any of my imported tyres caused any issues on our so called bad road I have had euros yoko advan continentals michillens pirellis and Bridgestone all have given better driving experiance than euros but again I don't put weight to it as it's subjective and I am trying to have a objective discussion otherwise there are already too many opinions already present on these tyres on pakwheels

I didn want to compare experience as it's subjective, I can't say your experience is wrong or mine is correct, on the basis of actual facts saftey of euro star tyres is a question mark and a compromise is the word I use, they are fine for everyday use but nothing more if I can buy a 1.9 million or so car why can't I spend 20k on the most important thing.concerning that car which is tyres for satisfaction of my personal saftey which I have reason to believes is compromised because of no data, this alone is a important point let alone comfort and grip which Come later these are not sold anywhere else so we cannot have a objective comparison of them by a professional as to whether the difference is 19/20 or 10/20

It's no use continuing the discussion further as we are going round in circles you are convinced by your experience and I am unconvinced on the merit of the tyre on paper, we have made the choice for our own rides now let us allow other members to read our discussion and make the choice for themselves

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using PW Forums
    Absolutely. This is the purpose of a forum so that others can benefit from the users experiences.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by big_T View Post
    I booked altis 1.8 cvti last week from toyota garden motors..owner is a friend of mine n he also mentioned tht delivery time is may but ill try my best to get it early

Sent from my GT-N7100 using PW Forums mobile app
    What is your feedback regarding toyota garden motor?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    This is Pakistan bhai. The thing is that tire works or not, that's all.
    Times have moved on now and much development has taken place in Pakistan especially in many fields, we can get all sort of stuff here local and imported and not all imported stuff is better.

The thing is if your paying 2 million for a car, the least you can do is put good descent tyres on them. Yes we have euros but we have many other choices now don't we? Yes euros did the job but that doesn't mean we should stick to them, especially since technology has changed and choice is there.

It's like saying a car is a car that takes you from a to b, a mehran does that too but we are now using a 1.6 Altis Corolla 11th generation which is a big difference to a mehran but still it's a car which takes us from a to b so should we stick to mehran's? No offence to mehran's I love them but this is just an analogy.

Let me give a personal example, we used to use surf to clean our cars right, now we use nanoskin wash without water etc to clean our cars, yet surf still does the job so shall we keep using surf?

So if you want to put euros then that's ur choice, but seek any professional advice and they will tell you to put good quality tyres on your car for a safer, comfortable and an economic ride.

The whole point of this forum is to inform readers of our experiences and to provide sound advice based on experience. Some take that on board and others don't. However all should be open to others views.

There are many here that have given invaluable advice and I am truly appreciative to that, so please everyone do speak your mind.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Always wear seat belts, better safe than sorry

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    if I can buy a 1.9 million or so car why can't I spend 20k on the most important thing.concerning that car which is tyres for satisfaction of my personal saftey which I have reason to believes is compromised because of no data, this alone is a important point let alone comfort and grip which Come later these are not sold anywhere else so we cannot have a objective comparison of them by a professional as to whether the difference is 19/20 or 10/20

Bhatti sahib! this is a very very valid point I also replaced Euros from my car for that reason
    "Your time on this Earth is limited, don't live someone Else's life, live by your own vision''.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good, a very healthy discussion about tyres..
    I agree with lot of points @azam.bhatti has mentioned but @autophile has made his point as well by mentioning his experiences.
    Brother's So far what i have observed on pakwheels is that its like a different world, all the people talk about stuff, which you don't see in a real world.
    lets take an example, after purchasing ADVAN DB. Somehow i coudn't like them, due to that reason i started observing the tyres of every "11th Generation Corolla" i come across everyday. If i see 10 corollas including "Grande's/Gli's/altis 1.6", I know most of you wont agree but 7 out of 10 are running on "EuroStars". rest of the cars are using different brands.
    Its unbelievable for me that, i have seen few many with "yokohama A-Drive" as well, here on pakwheels no one talks about it as if its the crap tyre, with lower speed ratings. I have seen people using "bridgestone ecopia" as well, yesterday saw two grandes with "nexen" as well, I have seen few with "dunlop tyres".
    You wont believe that i saw only one corolla with "Advan DB" so far.
    My point here is kindly talk about other brands as well, in real world people are using lots of cheaper brands and they are fully satisfied. there are people among us, who can't afford expensive tyres or don't want to spend that much money at once after spending alot in buying a car, then there are people who have bought their cars through bank leasing as well.
    plz dont push everyone while saying besides "Advan DB" or CC5 or Michelin there is no other brand, which is good enough for 11th generation corolla.
    I hope you guys understand my point.
    peace.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@gitts070 agreed, its different strokes for different folks, and thats the reason why nowhere in any of my posts i mentioned tyre brand that one should go far, all i said was to compare with any tyre brand that confirms to basic international standards and has sidewall markings,
    rest i said to read up international professional comparisons between tyres and select the best tyre according to one's budget, doesnt have to be the best brand, infact some offerings form leading brands are terrible such as A drive you mentioned or for me even michillen energy savers were not satisfying at all.

and sure not everybody changes their tyres infact more percentage is definitely on eurostars, each may have different priorities, but because the majority does something doesnt mean that its automatically good for me, majority does not retire the tyre when it reached 1.6 millimetres of tyre depth, they dont even measure it, many dont care for manufacturing dates, if a majority does not feel affected than that doesnt mean i should compromise on safety

:-)
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Because of autophile i didnt change my car tires i have driven only 600 km
    Yet but breaking and comfort is really good so i didnt spend extra 20 k , thanks man

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gitts070 View Post
    good, a very healthy discussion about tyres..
    I agree with lot of points @azam.bhatti has mentioned but @autophile has made his point as well by mentioning his experiences.
    Brother's So far what i have observed on pakwheels is that its like a different world, all the people talk about stuff, which you don't see in a real world.
    lets take an example, after purchasing ADVAN DB. Somehow i coudn't like them, due to that reason i started observing the tyres of every "11th Generation Corolla" i come across everyday. If i see 10 corollas including "Grande's/Gli's/altis 1.6", I know most of you wont agree but 7 out of 10 are running on "EuroStars". rest of the cars are using different brands.
    Its unbelievable for me that, i have seen few many with "yokohama A-Drive" as well, here on pakwheels no one talks about it as if its the crap tyre, with lower speed ratings. I have seen people using "bridgestone ecopia" as well, yesterday saw two grandes with "nexen" as well, I have seen few with "dunlop tyres".
    You wont believe that i saw only one corolla with "Advan DB" so far.
    My point here is kindly talk about other brands as well, in real world people are using lots of cheaper brands and they are fully satisfied. there are people among us, who can't afford expensive tyres or don't want to spend that much money at once after spending alot in buying a car, then there are people who have bought their cars through bank leasing as well.
    plz dont push everyone while saying besides "Advan DB" or CC5 or Michelin there is no other brand, which is good enough for 11th generation corolla.
    I hope you guys understand my point.
    peace.
    Perhaps the average guy doesn't know much about tyres and perhaps the last thing on their minds is about changing the tyres after spending so much they expect best quality to be given to them.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hungama007 View Post
    Times have moved on now and much development has taken place in Pakistan especially in many fields, we can get all sort of stuff here local and imported and not all imported stuff is better.

The thing is if your paying 2 million for a car, the least you can do is put good descent tyres on them. Yes we have euros but we have many other choices now don't we? Yes euros did the job but that doesn't mean we should stick to them, especially since technology has changed and choice is there.

It's like saying a car is a car that takes you from a to b, a mehran does that too but we are now using a 1.6 Altis Corolla 11th generation which is a big difference to a mehran but still it's a car which takes us from a to b so should we stick to mehran's? No offence to mehran's I love them but this is just an analogy.

Let me give a personal example, we used to use surf to clean our cars right, now we use nanoskin wash without water etc to clean our cars, yet surf still does the job so shall we keep using surf?

So if you want to put euros then that's ur choice, but seek any professional advice and they will tell you to put good quality tyres on your car for a safer, comfortable and an economic ride.

The whole point of this forum is to inform readers of our experiences and to provide sound advice based on experience. Some take that on board and others don't. However all should be open to others views.

There are many here that have given invaluable advice and I am truly appreciative to that, so please everyone do speak your mind.

"safer, comfortable and an economic ride. "

Yes Euros have all these qualities you have mentioned. The issue is not spending some extra bucks, the issue is that when there is no need and Euros offer same ride quality, endurance and reliability, then why change them and it is my personal take and it is based on a long time experience, not forcing others.

I daily drive at least 50 kms at variable speeds on Islamabad Highway, as well as on unpaved and potholed roads, both in wet and dry conditions and I do not feel any trouble with these tires.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Perhaps the average guy doesn't know much about tyres and perhaps the last thing on their minds is about changing the tyres after spending so much they expect best quality to be given to them.

Wrong assumptions. One who can buy a 2.0 million car, can afford to spend 20 k more on tire but only if needed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear experts, apologies if it is a repeat but how good are Pirelli tyres being offered as trade of against Euro stars? It was told by dealership that Euro stars must be less than 200 KMs driven in order to be eligible to benefit from this offer. They are quoting an additional Rs. 24000 for this. Need your valuable advice.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohummed.ahmed View Post
    Dear experts, apologies if it is a repeat but how good are Pirelli tyres being offered as trade of against Euro stars? It was told by dealership that Euro stars must be less than 200 KMs driven in order to be eligible to benefit from this offer. They are quoting an additional Rs. 24000 for this. Need your valuable advice.
    My advice would be to take that option, others however are quite content with euro, it's ur choice. Pirelli are far superior than euro but euro does the job. Just like if you wash ur car with surf it's like euro but if you wash your car with a professional cleaning liquid than that would be better for the paintwork and gives a better finish.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

"safer, comfortable and an economic ride. "

Yes Euros have all these qualities you have mentioned. The issue is not spending some extra bucks, the issue is that when there is no need and Euros offer same ride quality, endurance and reliability, then why change them and it is my personal take and it is based on a long time experience, not forcing others.

I daily drive at least 50 kms at variable speeds on Islamabad Highway, as well as on unpaved and potholed roads, both in wet and dry conditions and I do not feel any trouble with these tires.
    My friend don't get me wrong I value your experience however there are tyres out there that are far superior than euros. Yes it does the job but there are others out there that does the same job much better.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohummed.ahmed View Post
    See my thread for a detailed consideration of the option as I had chosen it. It's a good offer Pirellis aren't the best there are one or two better tyres out there that I will prefer in my personal use but having driven 2000km on pirellis on a variety of roads I am really satisfied with them. If convinience of changing tyres at the dealer is not a concern then you may look at better options such as continental and maybe you'll get a better price form the market. But at least the dealership is offering really fresh manufactured tyres which are not smuggled

And yeah it's worth the 24 k extra
    People even spend more than that on security alarm headunit speakers etc so why not on something more important

If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Euro stars are not bad tyres as people are making it to be.I felt euro stars more softer than michellins on my grande

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My friend don't get me wrong I value your experience however there are tyres out there that are far superior than euros. Yes it does the job but there are others out there that does the same job much better.

Who is contesting that? There are even better cars out there in the market than Corolla

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 2559922 View Post
    Because of autophile i didnt change my car tires i have driven only 600 km
    Yet but breaking and comfort is really good so i didnt spend extra 20 k , thanks man

I also didn't changed my tire because of autophile till 4400km, but once I changed it's hell of difference.

It's like if you've driven pak Suzuki cars for years and then you change to Toyota or Honda and then you realize that driving can be PLEASURE;
    No offense to suzuki owners, it's my personal experience.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mzkhan View Post
    I also didn't changed my tire because of autophile till 4400km, but once I changed it's hell of difference.

It's like if you've driven pak Suzuki cars for years and then you change to Toyota or Honda and then you realize that driving can be PLEASURE;
    No offense to suzuki owners, it's my personal experience.
    Any tire change always feels better, but after sometime all tires feel like same. I have vast experience with both imported and Euros, just a slight difference.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    Euro stars are not bad tyres as people are making it to be.I felt euro stars more softer than michellins on my grande

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Lol.. I knew you are going to say that.. Same thing happened to me, when i switched to Yokohama advan db.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any tire change always feels better, but after sometime all tires feel like same. I have vast experience with both imported and Euros, just a slight difference.
    Have you tried general and imported tires on same rides?
    Imported tires in cultus can't be and should not be compared with general tires on corolla or on any other variant.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List