Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 734 of 1063 FirstFirst ... 234634684724732733734735736744784834 ... LastLast
Results 14,661 to 14,680 of 21246
Like Tree12210Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohummed.ahmed View Post
    Any one going for 1.8 variant would think twice before doing so for the fact that Civic X is most probably going to be launched in Pakistan in September 2016, which will surely give some real tough time to 1.8 variants of Corolla. On the other hand, 1.6 is a safe bet till now, as Honda has no any plans to introduce next gen. of City 1.5 variant.

P.S. Read the possible launching time of Sep 2016 for Civic X on Pakwheels.

Just my two cents on this issue. Regards
    Civic will be launched in 2.0 liter engine. If ideally we get 1.5 turbo engine then civic will be way more costly as we always see a price jump with new model civic and 1.5 turbo engine model of civic has high price tag even in US. I am not talking about grande but altis 1.8 cvti specs looks more promissing. Civic will remain civic with low ground clearance, higher price tag than similar specs corolla, design for urban and paved roads. 2zr-fe engine with cvti is more fuel efficient than current r18 engine with 5 speed automatic in current civic.
    Corolla Altis 1.6 2016-to date
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkaar View Post
    Civic will be launched in 2.0 liter engine. If ideally we get 1.5 turbo engine then civic will be way more costly as we always see a price jump with new model civic and 1.5 turbo engine model of civic has high price tag even in US. I am not talking about grande but altis 1.8 cvti specs looks more promissing. Civic will remain civic with low ground clearance, higher price tag than similar specs corolla, design for urban and paved roads. 2zr-fe engine with cvti is more fuel efficient than current r18 engine with 5 speed automatic in current civic.
    Bhai, as far as I know, Civic X will be launched with the same old engine being used these days in 1.8 cc variants. No chance of getting 1.5 or 2.0 cc variants. Yes, 1.8 Altis Non Grande is surely a better car than 1.6 having the additional features mentioned by you and Biloo sir above with a marginal cost of around 2.35 lac (2 lac control price+25K WHT filer+8-10K registration charges), but it boils down to your preferences as to which variant you go for.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai, as far as I know, Civic X will be launched with the same old engine being used these days in 1.8 cc variants. No chance of getting 1.5 or 2.0 cc variants. Yes, 1.8 Altis Non Grande is surely a better car than 1.6 having the additional features mentioned by you and Biloo sir above with a marginal cost of around 2.35 lac (2 lac control price+25K WHT filer+8-10K registration charges), but it boils down to your preferences as to which variant you go for.
    Hmm r18 is old now, it may drive differently if combine with cvt transmission offered in new civic. but rest assured that new civic price will be high,. I just compared 1.8 altis cvti with same priced civic i-vtec prosmatic, there are a lot of things that altis 1.8 is offering compared to same priced civic. Now consider the new model this gap of price to feature will increase further. Between for any car enthusiast the thought remain same like save some more money and get the better car, once money saved then there are more options with what you saved but there should be a point where you satisfy yourself that i have the car which i want obviously given limited budget
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hmm r18 is old now, it may drive differently if combine with cvt transmission offered in new civic. but rest assured that new civic price will be high,. I just compared 1.8 altis cvti with same priced civic i-vtec prosmatic, there are a lot of things that altis 1.8 is offering compared to same priced civic. Now consider the new model this gap of price to feature will increase further. Between for any car enthusiast the thought remain same like save some more money and get the better car, once money saved then there are more options with what you saved but there should be a point where you satisfy yourself that i have the car which i want obviously given limited budget
    You have spoken the truth but I read in a blog that new gen. Civic will be equipped with CVTi tech., if its true, then fuel mileage of Altis 1.8 and Civic would definitely be neck to neck. There are two pivotal things, which Altis 1.8 lacks, but which Civic offers, 1. SRS Airbag for front passenger, 2. Immobilizer.

Even Current gen. Civic surpasses Altis 1.8 in both these basic features.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syedahmedsaad View Post
    AoA everyone,
    I am also having back pain after riding the grande for a period longer than 15 mins approx. I have driven it almost 1400 km now and I travel between Islamabad and Rawalpindi daily (home and office). Never experienced this in the older corolla Glis 2008 and 2011 or Civic 2005 and Reborn 2012 which I drove over 150K in the previous 5 yrs on the same route.
    If anyone on the forum could help me with this in the former of suggestions. This might be due to the lack of adjustable lumbar support or I don't know, but is now a serious concern for me.
    Raise the seat height. Sit at an unusually high level. You will soon get used to the it. It will cure your backache and give you a clear view.
    I have done the same.
    sent from my HD2 without using the handset itself!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I hate grande seating position.Small windscreen high seat and dashboard.less steering adjustment than reborn

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

does anyone know how to update Sygic maps in Altis Mulimedia unit?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    I hate grande seating position.Small windscreen high seat and dashboard.less steering adjustment than reborn

Hahaha Sir, it is weird that I enjoy sitting in my Swift more. The seat may not be as big as that in the Corolla, but the seating position is pretty good. The windscreen has been pushed up. It does increase the wind noise and the drag, thereby increasing the fuel consumption even more, but the view from there is just totally clear and unobstructed. The rear view mirror isn't in your face all the time and is high up. The dash isn't trying to reach out to you like in the Corolla

Let me just compare the two cars. The windscreen view is better in the Swift- I mean what else matters than clear visibility. The clutch is softer in the Corolla but the gear changing is harder, i.e. it requires a bigger effort. The gear moreover feels like that of big cars, like a Vigo, as if the rod beneath is of much higher length. Swift's seems to be right there. It is similar to the giant rod of a Vigo and a smaller one. The lights in Corolla are better, but the huge size is a nuisance. I can zig-zag in a Swift in rush hour but can't do the same in a Corolla. Cornering in the Corolla requires some courage as the bulky, huge body feels as if trying to turn a huge huge car. The grip maybe good of the Corolla but it is no where as good as that of a Swift. Swift feels light, it is puny, feels awesome to drive. Gives the driver so much confidence as it is small and the grip is so good. Swift is less fuel-efficient and one has to be in the right gear and in the right rev range to get that instant power otherwise it is laggy. Corolla on the other hand is faster at higher speeds but the acceleration isn't that good (1.3) and in the end when you think of it, how many times do we actually cross 80-90 in the city traffic. The steering of the Corolla maybe lighter in slow speeds or when stationary, but at high speeds it is not direct, prompt or precise. The car doesn't go where you want it to go. In Swift however things are quite allot different. The steering maybe a little harder at slow speeds and when stationary but damn is it precise at high speeds. Rotating it a little doesn't hurl the car all over the place like in the Corolla. The brakes are allot better in the Swift. The suspension maybe hard but it gives the feeling of being more connected to the road and being able to take the car wherever one wants.

In the end I would say this: Every time I sit in the Corolla and then sit in the Swift afterwards, I tend to like the Swift even more. For people who are not married and require decent boot space and not a full sedan like trunk, this hatchback is the one to buy. Personally, after owning both, I would choose the Swift over the Corolla any day. Yes, it is not reliable as the Corolla or as Comfortable. But jeez, it even has an immobilizer The steering is amazing, and the the size of the car makes you feel like never driving a sedan again.

Plus, the price, ofcourse.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adeelmushtaq94 View Post
    Hahaha Sir, it is weird that I enjoy sitting in my Swift more. The seat may not be as big as that in the Corolla, but the seating position is pretty good. The windscreen has been pushed up. It does increase the wind noise and the drag, thereby increasing the fuel consumption even more, but the view from there is just totally clear and unobstructed. The rear view mirror isn't in your face all the time and is high up. The dash isn't trying to reach out to you like in the Corolla

Let me just compare the two cars. The windscreen view is better in the Swift- I mean what else matters than clear visibility. The clutch is softer in the Corolla but the gear changing is harder, i.e. it requires a bigger effort. The gear moreover feels like that of big cars, like a Vigo, as if the rod beneath is of much higher length. Swift's seems to be right there. It is similar to the giant rod of a Vigo and a smaller one. The lights in Corolla are better, but the huge size is a nuisance. I can zig-zag in a Swift in rush hour but can't do the same in a Corolla. Cornering in the Corolla requires some courage as the bulky, huge body feels as if trying to turn a huge huge car. The grip maybe good of the Corolla but it is no where as good as that of a Swift. Swift feels light, it is puny, feels awesome to drive. Gives the driver so much confidence as it is small and the grip is so good. Swift is less fuel-efficient and one has to be in the right gear and in the right rev range to get that instant power otherwise it is laggy. Corolla on the other hand is faster at higher speeds but the acceleration isn't that good (1.3) and in the end when you think of it, how many times do we actually cross 80-90 in the city traffic. The steering of the Corolla maybe lighter in slow speeds or when stationary, but at high speeds it is not direct, prompt or precise. The car doesn't go where you want it to go. In Swift however things are quite allot different. The steering maybe a little harder at slow speeds and when stationary but damn is it precise at high speeds. Rotating it a little doesn't hurl the car all over the place like in the Corolla. The brakes are allot better in the Swift. The suspension maybe hard but it gives the feeling of being more connected to the road and being able to take the car wherever one wants.

In the end I would say this: Every time I sit in the Corolla and then sit in the Swift afterwards, I tend to like the Swift even more. For people who are not married and require decent boot space and not a full sedan like trunk, this hatchback is the one to buy. Personally, after owning both, I would choose the Swift over the Corolla any day. Yes, it is not reliable as the Corolla or as Comfortable. But jeez, it even has an immobilizer The steering is amazing, and the the size of the car makes you feel like never driving a sedan again.

Plus, the price, ofcourse.
    Well such detailed explanation I would like to add my experience here of driving Altis 1.6, after driving Wagon R VXL (Younger sister of Swift ). I used to keep some cushion down on the driver's seat before sitting on it. Being almost 6-feet, did it with Wagon R VXL and never faced any issue of visibility, but the moment I did it with Altis 1.6, the front visibility did improve but the seat became so high that when ever I used to pull the driver's side sun-visor down, I wasn't able to see any thing in front as it directly came in contact with my eyes so, learnt the lesson that adjusting from Suzuki to Toyota would surely take some time

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sajjadmemon82 View Post
    does anyone know how to update Sygic maps in Altis Mulimedia unit?
    Sajjad Bhai, I did install TPL Sygic maps on my Altis 1.6 stock player, but still looking for a cheap way of updating the maps. Do inform us here if you are able to do so.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilal49er View Post
    Raise the seat height. Sit at an unusually high level. You will soon get used to the it. It will cure your backache and give you a clear view.
    I have done the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post

Thanks Bilal bhai, I would try to do that though it is an awkward driving position (after driving the reborn) - but am trying to do anything that relieves or soothes my back pain even slightly.

Mubeen bhai, it is true that reborn had more flexibility in adjusting the steering wheel and the one in grande has a "high" minimum height. But now as I would be trying the max height seat position as Bilal bhai said, probably the steering wheel adjustment would not matter, well have my fingers crossed on this one....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well such detailed explanation I would like to add my experience here of driving Altis 1.6, after driving Wagon R VXL (Younger sister of Swift ). I used to keep some cushion down on the driver's seat before sitting on it. Being almost 6-feet, did it with Wagon R VXL and never faced any issue of visibility, but the moment I did it with Altis 1.6, the front visibility did improve but the seat became so high that when ever I used to pull the driver's side sun-visor down, I wasn't able to see any thing in front as it directly came in contact with my eyes so, learnt the lesson that adjusting from Suzuki to Toyota would surely take some time
    Haha Indeed, Wagon R is a good car. Fuel efficient, comfortable, more spacious rear seats than the Swift, and that acceleration of a 1000cc engine. But you have sold it so nevermind Corolla shouldn't be that expensive, especially Gli. We are getting nothing extra than a City so it should cost pretty close to City. Yes, there is that more comfort but both cars are special in their own different ways. The reason for my comparison with Swift was that the price difference is too much. Gli is the same bland, boring, spacious and comfortable car like before. There is no touchscreen, no navigation, nothing extra; just simple transportation. There is still that poor paint quality, that same cheap plastics used on the inside of door handles that can easily get scratches if one's nails are a bit long The plastic silver bar on dash that runs the width of the car sometimes makes noises. The point being: the price is too high. I hope soon the monopoly of the big three gets tarnished and we actually get what we are paying for. Too much taxes, too high price of the cars.

And my friend if you try to be seated high in Corolla, the rear view mirror gets in your face and you have trouble seeing the left side of the approaching road. This is particularly dangerous when you are going through streets and the cars show up too fast and at the last second. If you sitting too low, it feels weird and seating position isn't ergonomic. I never faced this problem with older Corollas, or City, or Civic (haven't own a Civic). But this Corolla, is definitely allot different.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sajjad Bhai, I did install TPL Sygic maps on my Altis 1.6 stock player, but still looking for a cheap way of updating the maps. Do inform us here if you are able to do so.
    Ahmed, I tried few thigns yesterday, like update Maps from Manage Maps. I was looking for Update All as per their help section but it was not there, so i ended up deleting Pakistan Map and re adding it again, but it failed and does not load anymore because the version of the map downloaded is not compatible with version of the software. so, i need to update the software first before updating the maps. Good part is, I backed up my memory card which i will restore and bring it back the way it was. so, i will give it a go again over the weekend and see how it goes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pakistan's First online vehicle fixer delivery service.
    Gari Kharab hogai ? Hamain Call Karen ! "Kabhi bhi, Kahin bhi"
    JUST CALL : 03-1111-34937
    fix@fixer.pk
    Fixer
    https://www.facebook.com/fixer.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As per some above conversation it seems that visibility is poor in corolla ? or is it not suitable position for short or tall people? What is the issue here ?
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As per some above conversation it seems that visibility is poor in corolla ? or is it not suitable position for short or tall people? What is the issue here ?
    sir no issue of visibility, bs hr ksi k apne views han.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its not a problem of short of tall person.The problem is you cant have a fun enjoying position in this car .
    Visibility is ok.Side visibility is better than the reborn .
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sajjadmemon82 View Post
    Ahmed, I tried few thigns yesterday, like update Maps from Manage Maps. I was looking for Update All as per their help section but it was not there, so i ended up deleting Pakistan Map and re adding it again, but it failed and does not load anymore because the version of the map downloaded is not compatible with version of the software. so, i need to update the software first before updating the maps. Good part is, I backed up my memory card which i will restore and bring it back the way it was. so, i will give it a go again over the weekend and see how it goes.
    Do give it a go, and let us all know here the aftermath

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mrnabeelm View Post
    Pakistan's First online vehicle fixer delivery service.
    Gari Kharab hogai ? Hamain Call Karen ! "Kabhi bhi, Kahin bhi"
    JUST CALL : 03-1111-34937
    fix@fixer.pk
    Fixer
    https://www.facebook.com/fixer.pk
    The idea is good but I only hope it isn't a rip-off for the poor customers!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Have an expert orthopedic opinion also.