Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 750 of 1063 FirstFirst ... 250650700740748749750751752760800850 ... LastLast
Results 14,981 to 15,000 of 21255
Like Tree12212Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    This is because of old engine which is not suitable for this kind of bigger car.

I'm sure, your views would be different if you would have chosen Altis 1.6 + model.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
    Yes, maybe. But in my comments I have said that the power at high speeds is sufficient but at low speeds isn't. I am only sharing what I feel about the 1.3L MT Gli. And most of the problems associated with this car - IN MY OPINION - are not because of its acceleration.

People here have the freedom to agree or disagree with my opinion.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

we can agree to disagree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What kind of war?? WW III?

Yes, much better than previous generations but still not upto the mark.

Toyota Paint quality is the worst. And we have seen many customers who are complaining.

IMC taking 6 month to deliver a car to their customer and in the end, customer still get issues in his brand new car.

I don't understand the logic why fanboys are trying to defend.

Atleast, we should accept the reality.

did you own 11 generation corolla ???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and not to mention pathetic brakes, plastics, no airbags and hard seats

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nido747 View Post
    did you own 11 generation corolla ???
    No, i don't but i have driven it many times.

BTW, the people who own 11th gen Corolla have the same views.
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by baloch444 View Post
    and not to mention pathetic brakes, plastics, no airbags and hard seats
    I dont feel the seats are hard..they are equally comfortable as my prius..neither the brakes. For air bag get grande. Plastics? There is soft padding on the dashboard...i dont feel the plastic is of low quality(for me)
    Infact not a single problem in my car(Alhumdulillah) and many others are also satisfied just like sir autophile and cooltahir bhai..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have kept Reborn (the best quality locally assembled car i think) and now keeping Grande. And i can tell you i am totally satisfied with its quality.Paint quality seems fine to me , better noise isolation, less rattling than civic models,soft padding on dashboard and doors and everything feels solid. Reborn also had some interior loose panels and center squeezy armrest,the trunk closing problem. The only thing i feel of low quality in grande is the headliner otherwise its a solid product.I am totally satisfied with comfort and grip even when compared to reborn(which i still loves). And i think this is first time Indus has given a solid product in 10 years.Acceleration is as fast as my Reborn(Manual).Alhumdulillah not a single issue i found in my car. I am not a fanboy of either brand.
    There are tons of noise and dashboard rattling issues ,crappy navigation being discussed in 9th gen Civic club
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No, i don't but i have driven it many times.

BTW, the people who own 11th gen Corolla have the same views.
    I owned 11 generation Corolla and i love it very much. I didn't own 2014 model Toyota Prado, should i start cursing it in Prado forum by reading critics of prado or driving it few times that it has this issue or it is that issue? Please people dont buy it.

I also owned Vitz 2005 old shape and i also like it very much. Never considered its flaws or underpowered thing or brake issue or body issue or engine noise or anything else.

In short i am very much happy in whatever i owned.

Now a days people are very much intelligent. if some one want corolla 2016 model then he will surely buy it whatever flaws it has. if someone dont want to have it then he will find many flaws in it. I said all this in a good gesture, never have the intention to offend you hope you understand

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quality wise we shouldn't criticise Corolla because it's rival civic has the same bad quality. I own 9th gen civic and it has issues here and there from squeaky seats to cheap material used on door panels that fades away within weeks.
    Grande is indeed a solid car no doubt just I wish it had a better steering feel to make it more sporty.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nido747 View Post
    I owned 11 generation Corolla and i love it very much. I didn't own 2014 model Toyota Prado, should i start cursing it in Prado forum by reading critics of prado or driving it few times that it has this issue or it is that issue? Please people dont buy it.

I also owned Vitz 2005 old shape and i also like it very much. Never considered its flaws or underpowered thing or brake issue or body issue or engine noise or anything else.

In short i am very much happy in whatever i owned.

Now a days people are very much intelligent. if some one want corolla 2016 model then he will surely buy it whatever flaws it has. if someone dont want to have it then he will find many flaws in it. I said all this in a good gesture, never have the intention to offend you hope you understand
    I never said anybody that don't buy corolla.

My point is IMC take 6 month to deliver a single car to their customer and what a customer get we all know.

And what issues, i have mentioned all are my personal experience.

Btw, it's not a rocket science to judge any thing now a days.

My family members do have 11th generations corolla. My neighbors have 11th generations corolla. So, I didn't say anything by reading critics in the forum.

And many 11th generations corolla have raised the same issues.

Now i can understand, why the quality of corolla is not comparatively good in Pakistan

Eat Well ~ Travel Often

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

looking Classy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adeelmushtaq94 View Post
    Update: Not liking this car as much as I had hoped before. The power is adequate at high speeds but at low speed, it isn't sufficient (1.3L, MT). It might be my driving style or maybe that I am used to driving a Swift. Can't get over the front visibility problem as I have to repeatedly lower my neck to see the left side behind the rear view mirror - which is always in your face. The plastic quality is absolutely rubbish. Can't believe a car worth 18 lakhs would turn out like this. The silver plastic lining on the inside door handles has got key or nail scratches now. A few but it shows the poor build quality. Same goes for the outside door handles. I expected the paint to be better than the Swift - which has a few nail marks - but Toyota's paint is equally of poor quality. The seats are good, contrary to what I had been saying before - one just needs to get used to them. The car is heavy, the steering is inexact or not precise (the steering needs to be turned more to go to a certain direction). While turning the driver feels like trying to turn something that is in no mood to turn at all - as if the car is resisting so hard trying not to turn. I fail to understand that many people are saying that this car has good grip. What use is that grip when you are praying for the car to turn every time you take a high speed turn. It just doesn't encourage or give the driver any confidence. Not a fun car to drive at all. It is just simply a machine to take you here and there, with you having the most boring face on Earth while sitting inside the car. Plus, recently, I noticed that the gear knob was a just a little bit to the left. It does that every now and then. So, I gave it a little force to get it straight. It was loose already and is still loose now. But straight - for now. The gear stick requires some force to change gears (it feels that the rod beneath is of a longer length - image a Vigo's gear stick) - not as smooth as a City or a Swift.

Good things about Corolla:
    The steering is very light, which means that you don't really need to use both hands at slow speeds. At high speed one should always use both hands for safety. The seats are good, comfortable and spacious. The cabin is pretty spacious. The rear leg room is amazing. The car is not noisy, and even hearing the engine is difficult once the windows are up. The truck is very spacious. At high speeds it goes like sting

A rear view camera is mandatory for this car. Having or not having the rear view mirror or the rear window makes no difference when reversing. A rear view camera is mandatory!

The parts are very expensive. A Suzuki hit my car from behind and the right reflector broke. A new one costs 1800 (just one piece).

Conclusion: It is as boring as ever, more boring and poor quality than ever before. The car will get you from A to B with 7 adults loaded and won't even touch a speed breaker. But, that is all it is for. Nothing more. Expect zero fun from a 1.3L. I have driven a 1.6 and the car is just as heavy. The turning and grip is just OK, similar to 1.3L. Ofcourse, the acceleration is more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    Indeed corolla specially Pakistani one lacks the fun factor. I drove grande of my friend, though a good car, with ample power and smooth overall experience, but the worst thing was the steering; it was insanely light giving no feedback at all. The steering should be heavy and precise. I really was hoping that at least Grande would be different in terms of handling but all are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by adeelmushtaq94 View Post
    You are absolutely right about the steering. Though it is good in slow speeds but it kind of hurls the car all over the place with even minute turning. There is no precision. Upon turning the steering, the car doesn't go exactly where you aim it to go. This is particularly important in rush hour moderate to fast speed traffic, where to avoid cars or to just enjoy the car you point it to go where you want it to go. But, it just doesn't. I hated the Swift's hard steering initially as it wasn't that comfortable as of other cars, but once up to speeds of more than 50 kmph, one really starts to admire the hard steering with direct, precision accuracy. No matter which Corolla variant you buy, the car will feel heavy and huge.

Not sure about you but I feel that the braking system isn't up to the mark. Upon application of brakes the huge mass behind the car kind of pushes against the car and you feel it kind of trying to stop the car from stopping lol I learned driving on a Corolla 2007, and it was light, and acceleration was good. This is the first Corolla variant that I am not liking. Oh well, 18 lakhs down the drain. Will just get basic boring transportation for 18 freak ing lakhs! Can't wait for the Civic to come out.
    couldnt agree more with you guys honest reviews thumbs up for showing the real picture unlike some senior members over here who owns this car and always keeps on praising it for no apparent reason and never discuss their cons (one of them even sounds like toyota brand ambassador to me which you all know who )

anyways sharing my personal experience which ive never shared here but now i think i should so that consumer knows what he is getting and he doesnt have to regret his decision going for new shape corolla .. so after selling my 9th gen civic on loss (sold it because sometimes it behaves like car will get out of control from rear and on turns and sometimes ive had no confidence on it while driving as ive paid hefty price) then ive came over this 11th gen corolla thread and started reading members reviews/opinions and after carefully reading ive made up my mind to finally go for corolla and not just some base model corolla (gli/xli which are known for their small displacement engines) but opted for the ultimate GRANDE CVTI auto 1.8 which is currently top of the line variant company has to offer.coming up from civic 9th gen and shifted to this 11th gen corolla was a bad experience bad in a sense that car literally has light to no road grip at all , i never felt confidence while driving it , brakes are not upto what ive expected , handling is worse then civic 9th gen as car tends to go out of control if you dont carefully grab the steering wheel on speeds 100 to 120 km , my car was also equipped with michelin primacy hp tyres so there was no issues with tyres as well , serious grip issues just imagine if it happens with GRANDE CVTI AUTO 1.8 then this behaviour must be present in all versions of corolla i believe because everything is same excpet engines

btw plus points of new shape corolla are nice sound proofing from inside , nice leg room , nice torquey engine , 7speed manual mode paddle shifters and good ground clearance well thats about it .. am sorry if i offended any member/owner over here as that was never my intention as i always respect my juniors and seniors but ive shared my personal experience which ive felt only after ownership of these legendary cars of our country and am glad to say am not alone in this as other members also started experiencing the same

Finally i am in full peace nowadays and enjoying the drives and loving the way how my car behaves in handling and braking department ALHAMDOLILAH because afterall some of us do purchase cars for REAL DRIVING PLEASURE ! which car i am talking about ? its for you to guess

Regards
    Mitthu
    A friend cannot be considered a friend unless he is tested on three occasions (At the time of need),(Behind your back),(After your death) Hazrat Ali (A.S)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why does everyone criticise the GLi/GLi AT variant I wonder?
    It has good enough power to be used as a family car anywhere you want it to go without hassle.
    When we were buying our GLi AT the Altis 1.6 wasn't launched and Grande was out of question since already have a 1.8L car, so GLi AT was and still is the best bet.
    What I really like about this car is its ground clearance. Yes I am a fan of low cars but it becomes a nightmare to drive the Prius on rough roads and areas with ill-designed speed-bumps whereas the Corolla stays smooth wherever you take it, this car just won't give up!
    I frequently travel with 5 or even sometimes more people on board even then the car goes smoothly Alhamdulillah.
    Yesterday me and my friends went to Bhurban, I was in the Prius while my friend was in his 11th Gen GLi M/T. Never for once did that car behave abnormally, even at high speeds the Corolla and the Prius were going together.
    I have driven a brand new Grande recently as well and it is indeed a very nice car I have to admit, the paddle shifters are the limelight of this variant.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mitthu View Post
    couldnt agree more with you guys honest reviews thumbs up for showing the real picture unlike some senior members over here who owns this car and always keeps on praising it for no apparent reason and never discuss their cons (one of them even sounds like toyota brand ambassador to me which you all know who )

anyways sharing my personal experience which ive never shared here but now i think i should so that consumer knows what he is getting and he doesnt have to regret his decision going for new shape corolla .. so after selling my 9th gen civic on loss (sold it because sometimes it behaves like car will get out of control from rear and on turns and sometimes ive had no confidence on it while driving as ive paid hefty price) then ive came over this 11th gen corolla thread and started reading members reviews/opinions and after carefully reading ive made up my mind to finally go for corolla and not just some base model corolla (gli/xli which are known for their small displacement engines) but opted for the ultimate GRANDE CVTI auto 1.8 which is currently top of the line variant company has to offer.coming up from civic 9th gen and shifted to this 11th gen corolla was a bad experience bad in a sense that car literally has light to no road grip at all , i never felt confidence while driving it , brakes are not upto what ive expected , handling is worse then civic 9th gen as car tends to go out of control if you dont carefully grab the steering wheel on speeds 100 to 120 km , my car was also equipped with michelin primacy hp tyres so there was no issues with tyres as well , serious grip issues just imagine if it happens with GRANDE CVTI AUTO 1.8 then this behaviour must be present in all versions of corolla i believe because everything is same excpet engines

btw plus points of new shape corolla are nice sound proofing from inside , nice leg room , nice torquey engine , 7speed manual mode paddle shifters and good ground clearance well thats about it .. am sorry if i offended any member/owner over here as that was never my intention as i always respect my juniors and seniors but ive shared my personal experience which ive felt only after ownership of these legendary cars of our country and am glad to say am not alone in this as other members also started experiencing the same

Finally i am in full peace nowadays and enjoying the drives and loving the way how my car behaves in handling and braking department ALHAMDOLILAH because afterall some of us do purchase cars for REAL DRIVING PLEASURE ! which car i am talking about ? its for you to guess

Regards
    Mitthu
    Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mitthu View Post

Regards
    Mitthu
    Indeed yes. I too was 99% sure to go for Grande but that steering was a deal breaker for me. I was expecting to be on par with at least my new shape vitz but it was like as if I am driving with out wheels. This alone just drinks the confidence out of the car.
    Though 9th gen is nowhere near perfect but after trying several vehicles of this segment I have to say that it has the best steering.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How Much Fun To Drive Is The Grande CVTI...I Have Grande Manual and I am Dieing To Get CVTI!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mitthu Bhai...To Be Very Honest...A Friend Told Me long time ago that Reborn Is No Doubt An Excellent Car But Is Congested From Inside Or Precisely You Can Say That The Feel Is Congested...Not Only Him Even I Have Sat in A Reborn and found that My Friend was not wrong...9th Gen However I Have Not Ever Bought It But It Looks Like That It Will Be A Bit Khuli Khuli From Inside!!!

Meter Of 9th Gen I Offcourse Like More Than 8th Gen...As Its Also Larger In Size and More Dashing and Khula Khula Than 8th Gen's Old Fashioned One!!!

No Offense Just A Personal Opinion From My Side Brother!!!

By The Way I Too Own Grande Not Auto But Manual Lolzzz...And I Have Also Not Driven It So Much...But On The Whole I Will Say Gaari Buri Nahin Hai!!!

Yes Power Is Good...But Brakes Are Not So Good...Offcourse Ye To Sab Ko Pata Hai....Lolxxx!!!

And In The End...I will proudly say that I will buy A Civic First Time In My Life which will be The 9th Gen Facelift Offcourse Next Month And pretty excited about it thats why couldn't resist myself telling you guys!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Since, the discussion on getting the best value for money is going on, I would like to ask the experts here two simple questions:

1. I don't give the example of India as they are far ahead than Pakistan in automotive technology, but even countries in the likes of Nigeria and Bangladesh are also getting their cars equipped with SRS driver airbag, SRS front passenger airbag, SRS driver knee airbag, SRS side airbags and SRS curtain shield airbags? Why don't the local car manufacturers offer air bags in all variants?

2. Why don't we people raise our voice against these companies for skipping this serious safety feature, introducing which, could well save many precious human lives?

I went to IRAN for some personal work, and lived in TEHRAN, the capital, for almost one week. One large Toyota showroom was situated close to the 4-star hotel I stayed. Earnestly speaking, through out my 7-day stay, I hardly saw 2-3 11th generation Corollas roaming on the roads of Tehran. Over 99% Corollas I saw on the roads fell either in 10th or lower generation categories? I couldn't work out why the 11th generation Corolla miserably failed to impress the people of Capital in Iran there. I myself travelled in Toyota Camry in Iran. A car worth more than 12 million Pak Rupees, were being used as ordinary taxis there

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Little Help needed!

My corolla is about 600 km driven, when I drive it a bit and then stop and park it I can hear a clinking (little clinks..clink..clink) from the underside of the car.

Should I be worried and get it checked out?

Help would be appreciated!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The steering feel which you guys talking about is due to EPS .Its the same feel in 9th gen Civic.If you enjoyed Reborn then both new corolla or civic is lacking in driving pleasure

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Aunda Fan

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List