Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 779 of 1064 FirstFirst ... 279679729769777778779780781789829879 ... LastLast
Results 15,561 to 15,580 of 21274
Like Tree12216Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    13
    Posts
    312
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

    Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

    Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

    Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

    Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

    Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

    Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

    Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

    Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747


    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223



    • Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.


    Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.



  2. #15561
    PakWheeler Follow
    hammads3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    361
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adeelmushtaq94 View Post
    Didn't notice it that much bro.

    Are you a Corolla owner? How about a review? An honest review.
    yep i am one i have never done a review but as you have requested will do it in a few days


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  3. #15562
    PakWheeler Follow
    aatir_sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khizar.313 View Post
    Wsalam. Bro i installed aftermarket keyless entry in my Gli. Same as grande key.
    Denso company ki 2 keys thi usko chabii waly ny car key ky sath match karky bana di or mechanic ny kit laga di jo signals receive karti.
    1500 ka set tha keys ka.
    200 labour thi electrician ko.
    300 key maker ko labor di.
    Total 2000 may ready hoi keyless entry
    Khizer bro driver side ki door ko poshish kholni parti hai? To install the gun? And how is the quality of it?

  4. #15563
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohummed.ahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,081
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
    tough corolla hit a poor doggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Spano View Post
    even a chicket (Hen) hit can be devastating
    I hope the poor dog and chicken survived. Cars can be repaired but loss of living being is irreparable. Drive safe please.

  5. #15564
    PakWheeler Follow
    hammads3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    361
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    So my review on grade 2014 after having it for about 1.5 years. I upgraded from 2010 altis so the comparison will be with that car. This review is totally based on my opinion.

    First lets talk about its suspension. I found its suspension to be a bit stiff as compared to previous model. Mostly that stiffness i found was on speed breakers ( specially in my area). Then comes the engine and gearbox. 1.8 engine which is now a dual vvti is more powerful tho because of cvti you cant feel that power maybe because there is no jerk of shifting when you suddenly accelerate. Now about the gearbox ( the thing i love the most in this car) the transmission is very smooth and very fuel efficient due to 7 gears. Even on 80 kmph the rpm is between 1-1.5 ( with light foot). Now the paddle shifter.. Not a fan of them because in karachi you bearly use it. Now coming towards the design and paint job. Like everyone knows this is the best looking corolla ever produced so no comments on them. I find the paint quality the same as old tho some pakwheelers have faced paint issue but i have noticed difference in med silver on gli and grande ( thats my observation) med silver looks good on grande. Now about tyres and brakes. I dont have much knowledge about tyres but in my opinion they should be 16,s like introduced internationally and a bit wider ( i saw some wide tyres on a corolla with were looking really good.. Idk the size tho). I changed the tyres on the second day to michelin energy. Brakes are quite satisfying.. Better than previous model. Now coming to the interior. Lets talk about the leather quality which i must say is very very good as compared to previous model as previous model corolla seats got wrinkles on them within a year which i got my seats changed under warranty. Even honda has crap leather atleast in city. I also like the padding which is done on every penal. The speedometer is also very attractive. Now i dont get the use of split rear seats in a sedan but anyhow its a plus point as it can be needed sometime. I do miss the wooden touch that previous corollas had. Anyhow overall i would say civic has a better interior.

    I guess thats it.. Its my first review so i dont know if its good or bad. Do feel free to ask question.

    Peace.






    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  6. #15565
    PakWheeler Follow
    zee5han's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adeelmushtaq94 View Post
    Installed Fabric seat covers and fog lamps at the time of purchase. That's it. I am thinking of finally getting a touch head unit with back camera. The good quality sound from the Clarion player and alteration with the electrical wiring keeps me from doing so. There is nothing else required other than that.

    My neighbor used to bring one. Now, he has bought a Lexus. It was creamy white, as the difference is quite easy to see. Others that I saw on the road, I wasn't sure if it was Creamy white or Super white. Have seen one in showroom too.
    Dont worry about speaker quality when attaching a touch head unit , i got a 9.5' lcd for 15k , Main reason was that the back view from drivers seat is absolutly horrible , now with back cam its so much better , plus got a front cam installed it helps me alot while parking in poch , total i would say it cost me 19k ,
    and btw I would say that the sound quality improved , yes it improved a little bit as you can tweak the equilizer a bit more

  7. #15566
    PakWheeler Follow
    adeelmushtaq94's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zee5han View Post
    Dont worry about speaker quality when attaching a touch head unit , i got a 9.5' lcd for 15k , Main reason was that the back view from drivers seat is absolutly horrible , now with back cam its so much better , plus got a front cam installed it helps me alot while parking in poch , total i would say it cost me 19k ,
    and btw I would say that the sound quality improved , yes it improved a little bit as you can tweak the equilizer a bit more
    I am guessing you live in Islamabad. Where can I get the same head unit from? Is yours all touch? Please post some pictures.

    In the new Corolla the back visibility is horrible. And, reversing for Gli owners is difficult. Sometimes, in reversing the car to the max - according to me - I come out to see that there is still tons of space available while in the car it looks as if there isn't any. It can be embarrassing at times too when people are honking and you don't reverse more as it seems as if you are about to hit the car behind. This is also due to the rear view mirror showing object bigger or closer than they really are.

  8. #15567
    PakWheeler Follow
    zee5han's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adeelmushtaq94 View Post
    I am guessing you live in Islamabad. Where can I get the same head unit from? Is yours all touch? Please post some pictures.

    In the new Corolla the back visibility is horrible. And, reversing for Gli owners is difficult. Sometimes, in reversing the car to the max - according to me - I come out to see that there is still tons of space available while in the car it looks as if there isn't any. It can be embarrassing at times too when people are honking and you don't reverse more as it seems as if you are about to hit the car behind. This is also due to the rear view mirror showing object bigger or closer than they really are.
    You can get them from Sound valley , Shery bhai there can hook you up, I will definetly post pics here probly take same then post in the evening , and yes I can well remember doing the whole geting out of car to see while reversing
    One thing you need to understand is that their are alot of chineese head units available , i think expert 1 made a review and that helped me alot when serching for them

  9. #15568
    PakWheeler Follow
    siid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Confused between michelin energy xm2 uk made and michelin energy savers italy made , price i am getting for both is 8300 per tire , experts please help me in making the right decision for new corolla

  10. #15569
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Nabeel_Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,509
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siid View Post
    Confused between michelin energy xm2 uk made and michelin energy savers italy made , price i am getting for both is 8300 per tire , experts please help me in making the right decision for new corolla
    Used both. Xm2 is hard because it's very durable. I have them on my prius driven 65k and uptill now only my rear tyres were punctured once.
    Energy saver is soft and comfortable tyre, it's not hard but the drawback is that it's not that durable.
    Both are noiseless.
    It depends on what you want, if you use vehicle on bad roads than xm2 but if you won't than energy saver is the best choice because it's really comfortable.

    Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

  11. #15570
    PakWheeler Follow
    siid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Both tires have same wet and dry road grip ? And which tyre performs best when cornering ?

  12. #15571
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Nabeel_Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,509
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siid View Post
    Both tires have same wet and dry road grip ? And which tyre performs best when cornering ?
    Both are same in this regard. They are normal in terms of grip, not that good but diffently miles better than euro stars.

    Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

  13. #15572
    PakWheeler Follow
    AffaanAlAziz1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siid View Post
    Both tires have same wet and dry road grip ? And which tyre performs best when cornering ?
    Go for energy savers made in Italy. Better in performance than xm2.

    sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
    Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.
    Enzo Ferrari

  14. #15573
    PakWheeler Follow
    adeelmushtaq94's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zee5han View Post
    You can get them from Sound valley , Shery bhai there can hook you up, I will definetly post pics here probly take same then post in the evening , and yes I can well remember doing the whole geting out of car to see while reversing
    One thing you need to understand is that their are alot of chineese head units available , i think expert 1 made a review and that helped me alot when serching for them
    Still waiting for pictures sir.

  15. #15574
    PakWheeler Follow
    Chaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    234
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Salam all,
    Can anyone please tell me what's the booking price for gli and time in Lahore or islamabad and also I'm non filer
    So what is the total amount I've to pay showrooms including carriage charges etc
    Regards


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  16. #15575
    PakWheeler Follow
    hungama007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    582
    Follows
    1
    Following
    10
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1
    Always wear seat belts, better safe than sorry

  17. #15576
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohummed.ahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,081
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaps View Post
    Salam all,
    Can anyone please tell me what's the booking price for gli and time in Lahore or islamabad and also I'm non filer
    So what is the total amount I've to pay showrooms including carriage charges etc
    Regards


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    You haven't mentioned whether you are going for GLI Manual or GLI Auto, nevertheless, following is the cost break up for both variants:

    LAHORE

    GLI Manual
    Base Price: 17,64,000
    WHT (Non-Filer): 40,000
    Freight and Insurance: 20,000
    Total: 18,24,000

    GLI Auto
    Base Price: 18,39,000
    WHT (Non-Filer): 40,000
    Freight and Insurance: 20,000
    Total: 18,99,000

    Add three thousand rupees extra for freight and insurance in case of delivery from ISLAMABAD.

  18. #15577
    PakWheeler Follow
    adeelmushtaq94's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hammads3 View Post
    So my review on grade 2014 after having it for about 1.5 years. I upgraded from 2010 altis so the comparison will be with that car. This review is totally based on my opinion.

    First lets talk about its suspension. I found its suspension to be a bit stiff as compared to previous model. Mostly that stiffness i found was on speed breakers ( specially in my area). Then comes the engine and gearbox. 1.8 engine which is now a dual vvti is more powerful tho because of cvti you cant feel that power maybe because there is no jerk of shifting when you suddenly accelerate. Now about the gearbox ( the thing i love the most in this car) the transmission is very smooth and very fuel efficient due to 7 gears. Even on 80 kmph the rpm is between 1-1.5 ( with light foot). Now the paddle shifter.. Not a fan of them because in karachi you bearly use it. Now coming towards the design and paint job. Like everyone knows this is the best looking corolla ever produced so no comments on them. I find the paint quality the same as old tho some pakwheelers have faced paint issue but i have noticed difference in med silver on gli and grande ( thats my observation) med silver looks good on grande. Now about tyres and brakes. I dont have much knowledge about tyres but in my opinion they should be 16,s like introduced internationally and a bit wider ( i saw some wide tyres on a corolla with were looking really good.. Idk the size tho). I changed the tyres on the second day to michelin energy. Brakes are quite satisfying.. Better than previous model. Now coming to the interior. Lets talk about the leather quality which i must say is very very good as compared to previous model as previous model corolla seats got wrinkles on them within a year which i got my seats changed under warranty. Even honda has crap leather atleast in city. I also like the padding which is done on every penal. The speedometer is also very attractive. Now i dont get the use of split rear seats in a sedan but anyhow its a plus point as it can be needed sometime. I do miss the wooden touch that previous corollas had. Anyhow overall i would say civic has a better interior.

    I guess thats it.. Its my first review so i dont know if its good or bad. Do feel free to ask question.

    Peace.






    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    I agree with you that Civic's interior is miles better. There is just one problem with it though: it feels cramped a little. This isn't much obvious with the new Civic but with reborn, the cramped interior is pretty obvious. The passenger's leg touch the front seats in case of reborn. The new Civic is a bit more spacious, but Corolla is more roomy.

    About the CVTi transmission: I am a huge fan! I do have reservations about the auto tranny (all). And, almost everyone would disagree with me but I feel that this Corolla - with the added noise insulation - is a bit too comfortable. I feel bored or tired driving this car. And not tired as in exhausted; it is the feeling you get when you are doing nothing and feel totally relaxed. The Auto tranny adds to the comfort and for me, the car would then become even more comfortable than too comfortable.

    I don't get why the car bounces when it touches the speed breaker. It might be because of the tires. Maybe you can answer that? Do you feel the car being bouncy now with Michelins?

  19. #15578
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohummed.ahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,081
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adeelmushtaq94 View Post
    I agree with you that Civic's interior is miles better. There is just one problem with it though: it feels cramped a little. This isn't much obvious with the new Civic but with reborn, the cramped interior is pretty obvious. The passenger's leg touch the front seats in case of reborn. The new Civic is a bit more spacious, but Corolla is more roomy.

    About the CVTi transmission: I am a huge fan! I do have reservations about the auto tranny (all). And, almost everyone would disagree with me but I feel that this Corolla - with the added noise insulation - is a bit too comfortable. I feel bored or tired driving this car. And not tired as in exhausted; it is the feeling you get when you are doing nothing and feel totally relaxed. The Auto tranny adds to the comfort and for me, the car would then become even more comfortable than too comfortable.

    I don't get why the car bounces when it touches the speed breaker. It might be because of the tires. Maybe you can answer that? Do you feel the car being bouncy now with Michelins?
    Adeel Bhai, are you married or not? In my case, one big reason why I chose auto was to control my 2 year old son while driving. He constantly asks me to let him take the driving seat so I am actually doing a lot more while driving an auto car, driving plus controlling my son, so you see auto doesn't become too much comfortable, it only lessens your already grown driving woes with your kid

  20. #15579
    PakWheeler Follow
    adeelmushtaq94's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohummed.ahmed View Post
    Adeel Bhai, are you married or not? In my case, one big reason why I chose auto was to control my 2 year old son while driving. He constantly asks me to let him take the driving seat so I am actually doing a lot more while driving an auto car, driving plus controlling my son, so you see auto doesn't become too much comfortable, it only lessens your already grown driving woes with your kid
    Hahaha Auto is comfortable Ahmed bhai. I agree to that. It does lessen your worries and activities and once the clutch pressing and gear changing is out of the way, the driver is in complete comfort. I also prefer automatics cars, but that doesn't mean that there isn't any does side. Some might agree that this down side is there while others won't. It is all personal preference.

    But Corolla, overall, is a very good car. I am quite enjoying my car nowadays I love the comfy seats, the acceleration at high speeds, and the comfortable - yet sometimes bouncy - ride

    And no I am not married yet - sadly.

  21. #15580
    PakWheeler Follow
    devilindisguice7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bro bought new Toyota corolla today
    I want to install DVD player n back camera
    Any suggestions plz ???
    Which one should I buy ???
    N for how much ???

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •