Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 788 of 1062 FirstFirst ... 288688738778786787788789790798838888 ... LastLast
Results 15,741 to 15,760 of 21238
Like Tree12208Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1.6 Altis ECT owners how is the drive and pickup of the car. I'm confused between this and the Grande.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by deel_ee View Post
    Very informative thread - went through some of the info.

My father back home in Pakistan (rwp) recently got the delivery of his super white altis 1.6. Can anyone suggest what are the options to get the navigation working? I dont want him to go through any hassles in looking for options so I will be in Pak for two weeks and want to get it sorted for him.

Toyota will ask for a lot of money just for a simple nav card. What's the most viable and effective solution to make navigation work for his ride? Any help would be hugely appreciated. The solution shouldn't be very techy as he would struggle with such solutions.

Many thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    1.6 Altis ECT owners how is the drive and pickup of the car. I'm confused between this and the Grande.

If you can afford get Grande, otherwise 1.6 is fine and I enjoy its driving as I upgraded from 9th Gen Corolla. Grande has new engine and CVTi transmission while 1.6 has inherited engine and transmission from 10th Gen Altis.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    If you have the funds for Grande then by all means go for it
    Altis 1.8 Cruisetronic would also be good option
    Have driven a Grande ALOT of times and it's a treat to drive

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default lone

gentlemen
    watch out for dealerships in karachi
    they are enforcing compulsory registration and insurance on booking the car, or they dont get the booking. this is ridiculous, neither toyota indus is demanding this nor govt of pakistan....
    this bloody monopoly of dealerships is beyond comprehension,,,moreover, their attitudes are like we are beggars,,,,had i not been posted in karachi i would never book toyota from karachi,,,it is so weird,,,,as none city of pakistan is placing these stingy self created rules...
    especially the toyota defence motors are stupid of highest point.....it was my biggest mistake that i got my car booked their,,,,i got a problem with car battery within a week of delivery, it was a pain in neck to convince them that it wasnt my fault, they have this hindu customer handler named dermesh,,my god he is most wicked and discourteous guy on heaven earth,,,,,subsequently someone told me that toyota defence is re-knowned for this attitude because only drivers (paid servants) came over for repairs/ inspections at toyota defence thats why dealership dont have manners/ ethics to deal with customers,,,sounds true

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lone1 View Post
    gentlemen
    watch out for dealerships in karachi
    they are enforcing compulsory registration and insurance on booking the car, or they dont get the booking. this is ridiculous, neither toyota indus is demanding this nor govt of pakistan....
    this bloody monopoly of dealerships is beyond comprehension,,,moreover, their attitudes are like we are beggars,,,,had i not been posted in karachi i would never book toyota from karachi,,,it is so weird,,,,as none city of pakistan is placing these stingy self created rules...
    especially the toyota defence motors are stupid of highest point.....it was my biggest mistake that i got my car booked their,,,,i got a problem with car battery within a week of delivery, it was a pain in neck to convince them that it wasnt my fault, they have this hindu customer handler named dermesh,,my god he is most wicked and discourteous guy on heaven earth,,,,,subsequently someone told me that toyota defence is re-knowned for this attitude because only drivers (paid servants) came over for repairs/ inspections at toyota defence thats why dealership dont have manners/ ethics to deal with customers,,,sounds true
    +1

I face the same situation, force insurance is non sense, I told them it's my car I paid it if not insured then what is your risk, but useless they are rude. They not book without registration n insurance in any case.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fellas - I am back with another question. Any good car seat covers place in pindi or Islamabad? Don't suggest BAO mohalla please but somewhere more convenient to get to. Has anybody tried any customer made leatherite seat covers in darkshade that went well with the interior of altis?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fellas - I am back with another question. Any good car seat covers place in pindi or Islamabad? Don't suggest BAO mohalla please but somewhere more convenient to get to. Has anybody tried any customer made leatherite seat covers in darkshade that went well with the interior of altis?
    There are two guys in F10 markaz market. One is Al Sheikh traders and other is Shahid. Visit them and i am sure you will find almost everything you need for your car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sajidahmed View Post
    In Karachi specially Toyota central & Shara e Faisal force us to get registration and insurance should be done by them and at their price, so no choice
    I booked mine from Hyderabad. The sales guy only asked me once at the time of booking and then at the time of delivery if I wanted to seek their service regarding insurance and registration. They never forced me to do it. Better make a written complain to Competition Commission of Pakistan, Toyota Japan, and IMC, and see what they do.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Personally I think registration should be done as part of the booking process irrespective to what car you buy and from where.

The government is trying to introduce registration at booking from what I read a few months back.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using PW Forums
    Always wear seat belts, better safe than sorry

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am not sure that he is still there but he makes leatherette seat covers very well and I got for my Corolla in 2005 which were in great shape (except drivers seat obviously which had very small chipping off ) till 2015 when I sold the car. The color and fitting were both perfect and gave quality look and I could clean them with just a soapy rag.

Have a look. He had a shop besides Toyota Islalmabad, Aabpara (main suharwardy road side). There is a tyre shop and an accessories/decoration shop and in between them there is a small corridor and his shop is inside.

On an other note I have stopped using seat covers. Both of my cars are without seat covers since day 1. I may put covers on them once I use up the original seats fully and once they start losing shape and fading sets in. I enjoy the original fabric seats so much and in case of any spill or spot, I just use Astonish upholstery, one spray and all marks are gone.

I hardly enjoyed the original seats of my previous Corolla and the next owner still have those seat covers, I saw recently. So what is the point of preserving them for whom and after 10-15 years even if the seat covers are removed the original seats would still come out worn out and faded
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hj2006 View Post
    There are two guys in F10 markaz market. One is Al Sheikh traders and other is Shahid. Visit them and i am sure you will find almost everything you need for your car.
    Thank you sir. Will check them out.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    I am not sure that he is still there but he makes leatherette seat covers very well and I got for my Corolla in 2005 which were in great shape (except drivers seat obviously which had very small chipping off ) till 2015 when I sold the car. The color and fitting were both perfect and gave quality look and I could clean them with just a soapy rag.

Have a look. He had a shop besides Toyota Islalmabad, Aabpara (main suharwardy road side). There is a tyre shop and an accessories/decoration shop and in between them there is a small corridor and his shop is inside.

On an other note I have stopped using seat covers. Both of my cars are without seat covers since day 1. I may put covers on them once I use up the original seats fully and once they start losing shape and fading sets in. I enjoy the original fabric seats so much and in case of any spill or spot, I just use Astonish upholstery, one spray and all marks are gone.

I hardly enjoyed the original seats of my previous Corolla and the next owner still have those seat covers, I saw recently. So what is the point of preserving them for whom and after 10-15 years even if the seat covers are removed the original seats would still come out worn out and faded
    Thank you sir. You make a very good point. I thought the fabric was prone to getting dirty fairly quickly given its colour. Where did you get the cleaning product for your seats? I might look into that. Personally, I am not a fan of putting on seat covers myself. I've never had any on my previous car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you sir. You make a very good point. I thought the fabric was prone to getting dirty fairly quickly given its colour. Where did you get the cleaning product for your seats? I might look into that. Personally, I am not a fan of putting on seat covers myself. I've never had any on my previous car.
    You are welcome. I tried Astonish Upholstery spray, (around 200 rupees available at most departmental stores) and it easily removed tomato ketchup marks from rear seat. There was a small spot I cleaned on front passenger seat, other than that seats are still neat and clean given the car arrived in my hands on April 30, 2015.

Another high end product is Nanoskin Upholstery which you can buy from Nanoskin Pakistan facebook page for about 1000 rs (not sure about latest price).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I used 3M Scotch-guard. 1 can is enough..Rs.750, and if there's any stain, just wipe away with a damp cloth, no issues.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

do we have immobilizer in any variant of corolla?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradh View Post
    No bro that's the irony of Pakistani people!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
    Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.
    Enzo Ferrari

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradh View Post
    No, there isn't a single Corolla here which is locally made and has an immobilizer. I am not sure about the imported ones. But to be fair, Honda City doesn't have an immobilizer either. So, they should have atleast put one in their 1.8 variants when comparing with Civic - which does have immobilizer.

We have Swift which has it, we have liana which has it, we have Wagon R which has it, and so - although we can only dream of this - an immobilizer should be made mandatory for all cars.

Also, it is not Toyota's fault that Corollas are stolen more as compared to Honda City and the need for an immobilizer is felt more for Corollas.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adeelmushtaq94 View Post
    No, there isn't a single Corolla here which is locally made and has an immobilizer. I am not sure about the imported ones. But to be fair, Honda City doesn't have an immobilizer either. So, they should have atleast put one in their 1.8 variants when comparing with Civic - which does have immobilizer.

We have Swift which has it, we have liana which has it, we have Wagon R which has it, and so - although we can only dream of this - an immobilizer should be made mandatory for all cars.

Also, it is not Toyota's fault that Corollas are stolen more as compared to Honda City and the need for an immobilizer is felt more for Corollas.
    Agreed bro. Just to add, even Bangladeshi and Nigerian variants of Corolla come equipped with immobilizer and 6 air bags

Toyota Showroom :: Toyota Bangladesh
    Toyota Nigeria Limited

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Even if there is no immobilizer in Corolla it can not be compared with city and swift at all. Corolla is a compact sedan.

OTOH IMC appears playaying hand in hand with the car lift mafia by not providing the immobilizer.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just a question.
    Can Steering control switches be installed on the Altis 1.6.
    The infotainment system has an option for steering wheel control settings.

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1669197

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List