Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 878 of 1065 FirstFirst ... 378778828868876877878879880888928978 ... LastLast
Results 17,541 to 17,560 of 21287
Like Tree12220Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    13
    Posts
    312
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

    Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

    Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

    Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

    Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

    Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

    Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

    Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

    Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747


    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223



    • Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.


    Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.



  2. #17541
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Nabeel_Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,509
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    Drove altis 1.6 on a return trip from Peshawar to Islamabad .things noted
    Silent cabin
    Engine is responsive
    Ac is good

    Bad things about it
    Bad driving position
    No height adjust in the driving seat so v awkward for a person like me I am 6 ft tall
    In eco mode the transmission is v laggy in downshifting ! Upshifts r v smooth and good

    It's drive is tiring due to the driving seat and position I guess
    Even 2nd gen vitz driving position is better and is not tiring
    It couldn't match axio's comfort on long route in terms of driving comfort

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
    Very well said. The absence of seat height adjuster in this big car is a big no for me. I don't know why these small things are considered big features in our market. And Indus should be ashamed of this. Even with seat adjuster the driving position of Grande takes some time to get used too.

    Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

  3. #17542
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sarkaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    Very well said. The absence of seat height adjuster in this big car is a big no for me. I don't know why these small things are considered big features in our market. And Indus should be ashamed of this. Even with seat adjuster the driving position of Grande takes some time to get used too.

    Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
    I am little worried about it now, i have already booked 1.6 altis and i am just wondering if driving position created issue for me, i am 5-10" and i would like to enjoy driving, if driving position has issues then i m afraid i cannot enjoy my ride :|
    Corolla Altis 1.6 2016-to date
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

  4. #17543
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohummed.ahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,081
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibbz87 View Post
    i dont have any tax due anyway, all of my income in foreign remittance.
    why is that they wont refund the amount?
    this is bloody disgusting, a person who wishes to declare his income is not compensated for overpaid taxes.
    I have been uk tax payer for more than 5 years and i dont have to do anything, at the end of the year if i have paid more tax, i will simply get a refund check at my home.
    Wish if taxation system were as transparent here as in UK. Needless to say, for getting refund, you should either pay bribe or have strong contacts. In the absence of either one or both, this corrupt taxation system of Pakistan won't give you a penny in return, and I know it is very discouraging, but that is the dismal truth.

  5. #17544
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohummed.ahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,081
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    Drove altis 1.6 on a return trip from Peshawar to Islamabad .things noted
    Silent cabin
    Engine is responsive
    Ac is good

    Bad things about it
    Bad driving position
    No height adjust in the driving seat so v awkward for a person like me I am 6 ft tall
    In eco mode the transmission is v laggy in downshifting ! Upshifts r v smooth and good

    It's drive is tiring due to the driving seat and position I guess
    Even 2nd gen vitz driving position is better and is not tiring
    It couldn't match axio's comfort on long route in terms of driving comfort

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
    Totally agreed with the driving position issue. I am 5' 11'' but still need to sit on two cushions on driving seat before being able to have better front visibility

  6. #17545
    PakWheeler Follow
    Oblivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    40
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haseeb.basharat View Post
    Booked the car from RahimYarKhan, and they registered it from Lahore in just two days for Altis cvt
    Registeration, agent and number booking charges costed me around 63000
    Thank you!

  7. #17546
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohummed.ahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,081
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imranmaskeen View Post
    Aslam O Alikum
    I have been using Corolla since 1st Jan 2016 and it has only done 2000 km till date. I am wondering what is engine oil life provided by Toyota itself. Should I get new oil or I must wait till 5000 km.

    Regards
    Exactly, my question as well. My Altis 1.6 has merely clocked 1500 Kms during last six months. Should I get the engine oil and filter changed or wait till 5K Kms.

  8. #17547
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salmanrasheedpsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,712
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohummed.ahmed View Post
    Exactly, my question as well. My Altis 1.6 has merely clocked 1500 Kms during last six months. Should I get the engine oil and filter changed or wait till 5K Kms.
    May be I am wrong but engine oil life is 6 months

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app

  9. #17548
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salmanrasheedpsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,712
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    Very well said. The absence of seat height adjuster in this big car is a big no for me. I don't know why these small things are considered big features in our market. And Indus should be ashamed of this. Even with seat adjuster the driving position of Grande takes some time to get used too.

    Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
    It ruins the whole driving experience , I noticed shoulder fatigue after 2 hours driving and I don't feel any of that after 6 hours non stop driving on old vitz or axio

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app

  10. #17549
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salmanrasheedpsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,712
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkaar View Post
    I am little worried about it now, i have already booked 1.6 altis and i am just wondering if driving position created issue for me, i am 5-10" and i would like to enjoy driving, if driving position has issues then i m afraid i cannot enjoy my ride :|
    And the funny thing is I even can't adjust the the centre rear view mirror perfectly for my self due to incorrect driving seat height if I tilt the rear view mirror to the max I still can't see the complete rear view as it needs to be further adjusted but there is no further room for adjustment in it !

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app

  11. #17550
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salmanrasheedpsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,712
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Didn't calculate precisely by refilling method but according to fuel average display i got 14.6 to 15.7 kmpl fuel average with ac and speeds between 90-110 and no rapid acceleration, The engine is new expecting better economy after 10000 kms , but still it's no where close to axio's fuel economy at same speeds , but it's good according to its non cvt gear box ,

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app

  12. #17551
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sarkaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    And the funny thing is I even can't adjust the the centre rear view mirror perfectly for my self due to incorrect driving seat height if I tilt the rear view mirror to the max I still can't see the complete rear view as it needs to be further adjusted but there is no further room for adjustment in it !

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
    I will head to showroom today or tomorrow to check this, i have inspected the car but never driven it or observed this, I noticed very high dashboard though and small windshield but I was driving WR pkdm at that time so it certainly have better visibility due to height and large windscreen!
    Corolla Altis 1.6 2016-to date
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

  13. #17552
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohummed.ahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,081
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    May be I am wrong but engine oil life is 6 months

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
    You are right in saying that, because the owner's manual recommends changing engine oil and filter at 5K Kms or 6 months, which ever comes first, but I have read on several websites that modern day engine oils last longer than that, besides, I have also checked the engine oil level and colour using the oil dipstick, and the oil level seemed fine, so did its colour, which appeared dark golden brown. What should be done? Car is driven for 1500 Kms only.

  14. #17553
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Nabeel_Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,509
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkaar View Post
    I am little worried about it now, i have already booked 1.6 altis and i am just wondering if driving position created issue for me, i am 5-10" and i would like to enjoy driving, if driving position has issues then i m afraid i cannot enjoy my ride :|
    I don't mean to ruin your experience but it is what I felt. I got really angry when I sat in Gli. The judgement of the car is very bad .. you never know whats up front. Plus this height adjuster is not even present in 1.8 crusietronic lol one pays around 2.2 million and still can't sit comfortably in the car.
    But you can get used to this.

    Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

  15. #17554
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sarkaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    I don't mean to ruin your experience but it is what I felt. I got really angry when I sat in Gli. The judgement of the car is very bad .. you never know whats up front. Plus this height adjuster is not even present in 1.8 crusietronic lol one pays around 2.2 million and still can't sit comfortably in the car.
    But you can get used to this.

    Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
    Agree, height adjustment is important specially for bigger cars. I think seat adjuster can be installed ? whole driver seat need to be replaced though but it can be done i think
    Corolla Altis 1.6 2016-to date
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

  16. #17555
    PakWheeler Follow
    jawwad10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohummed.ahmed View Post
    You are right in saying that, because the owner's manual recommends changing engine oil and filter at 5K Kms or 6 months, which ever comes first, but I have read on several websites that modern day engine oils last longer than that, besides, I have also checked the engine oil level and colour using the oil dipstick, and the oil level seemed fine, so did its colour, which appeared dark golden brown. What should be done? Car is driven for 1500 Kms only.
    Engine oil should be changed at 5k or 6months whichever comes first as oil tends to lower its viscosity///

  17. #17556
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Nabeel_Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,509
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkaar View Post
    Agree, height adjustment is important specially for bigger cars. I think seat adjuster can be installed ? whole driver seat need to be replaced though but it can be done i think
    Yes easily....you will need Grande's driving seat.

    Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

  18. #17557
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohummed.ahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,081
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jawwad10 View Post
    Engine oil should be changed at 5k or 6months whichever comes first as oil tends to lower its viscosity///
    Thank you sir. Need valuable advice from other learned members please.

  19. #17558
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sarkaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohummed.ahmed View Post
    Thank you sir. Need valuable advice from other learned members please.
    Arey Ahmed bhai, ghooma phira kerein car li hai apney, picnic pe le ker jain family ko phir ye wala sawal nahi pochna pareiga
    Corolla Altis 1.6 2016-to date
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

  20. #17559
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salmanrasheedpsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,712
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkaar View Post
    I will head to showroom today or tomorrow to check this, i have inspected the car but never driven it or observed this, I noticed very high dashboard though and small windshield but I was driving WR pkdm at that time so it certainly have better visibility due to height and large windscreen!
    May be it's only me ! May be my sitting posture doesn't suit corolla's seat position , caz I observed the same issue in previous gen 1.6 auto gli

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app

  21. #17560
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salmanrasheedpsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,712
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohummed.ahmed View Post
    You are right in saying that, because the owner's manual recommends changing engine oil and filter at 5K Kms or 6 months, which ever comes first, but I have read on several websites that modern day engine oils last longer than that, besides, I have also checked the engine oil level and colour using the oil dipstick, and the oil level seemed fine, so did its colour, which appeared dark golden brown. What should be done? Car is driven for 1500 Kms only.
    @tintin Ur comments on this

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •