Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Altis 1.6 has better options compared to 1.3At like alloys 7" navigation bigger engine

Sent from my HUAWEI U8666E using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by emokid View Post
    just got the test drive to altis grande and wao man it was amazing smooth ride great on bumpy roads and the paddle shifters give you great driving experience. extremely noise free engine and sound less engine.
    Bro how long test did you get to check all these things? And yes please do tell from which showroom you got it from?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza__ali View Post
    Bro how long test did you get to check all these things? And yes please do tell from which showroom you got it from?
    From F11 islamabad to G11 islamabad. so it's like 25 minutes cause I took the long way.
    jdm <3

5. 24-07-2014, 08:47 PM

Senior PakWheeler

6. 24-07-2014, 08:49 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by majedkhan View Post
    Sporty and sexy, bulky and fat. 😂 hahaha!

Sent from my D5503 using PW Forums mobile app
    Gari main larki wale features =p

Sent from my GT-I9295 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mzkhan View Post
    Can anyone explain what it's kerb weight and what it's Laden weight.

What you guru think this altis Kerb and Laden weight would be more compared to previous version?

Sent from my A900 using PW Forums mobile app
    No one interested in my question.
    The reason behind this question is that laden weight of new altis and old one is same, though we have seen posts in which New version weight is about 100kg more - I've seen invoice of new and old one which have this weight figure; can anyone explain.

Sent from my A900 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am on the brink of booking an Altis Grande Manual, so went to Toyota Ravi today to know about the withholding tax stuff. I have filed the income tax return last month so asked the sales person how are they verifying it. Took all the tax return documents and acknowledgement receipt with me. The sales person informed that Indus has sent them a list of people who are being considered as filers. He searched my cnic no. in the list and it wasnt found. They probably had an older verison of this active taxpayers list. The sales person plainly said that you are not in the list so you have to pay 150k in lieu of withholding tax. I asked him to goto FBR website and download the latest list from there and it has my name. His reply made me stunned, "Sir humain to Indus nay jo list bheji hai hum to usi say check karain ***. Ap nay agar gari book karwani hai to non-filer wala tax pay krna paray ga. Agar apko koi masla hai to wo manager ka kamra hai un say baat kr lain."

I went to the sales manager room who didnt look close to being the "look" of the manager. He happened to be already talking to someone about the same tax thing and how they have denied taking orders from people. When he hung up, I presented my case and the reply was the same illiterate one. "Sir agar apka naam nahi hai hamari list main to apko 150k pay krna paray ga warna main apki booking nahi kr sakta". Than i asked him where did you get the list from? He replied, Indus sent them an FBR link where they downloaded it from. I said well download the list again as it has been updated with my name in it. The reply was the link is no more working. I asked him to open the website again and I will shiw him how to download the latest list. The reply was again a jahilana one. "Sir humain Indus nay kaha hai k is list k ilawa kisi banday say filer wala tax liya to baki paisay dealer khud day ga. Main apka order nahi lay sakta". This made me more furious and I asked him if fbr.gov.pk is my personal website to which he had no answer.

Just finished writing a long abusive email to Indus, Toyota Ravi and that manager. What a pathetic customer service and salesmanship. Than went to honda canal to confirm what process they are following. The manager first searched the list in his computer and said ur name is not in the list. Than I asked him to goto FBR website and download the latest list. He did and said yes your name is in here so you need to pay 75k in lieu of WH tax.

I am seriously thinking about changing my decision to buy a Corolla after all this. I have always owned a corolla from the start btw. Plus the interior of the corolla is not looking appealing to me at all. Its bland and dull and boring. Something looks missing and it doesnt look the interior one should expect in top of the line model. I really am too confused at this stage.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by irfananwar View Post
    I am on the brink of booking an Altis Grande Manual, so went to Toyota Ravi today to know about the withholding tax stuff. I have filed the income tax return last month so asked the sales person how are they verifying it. Took all the tax return documents and acknowledgement receipt with me. The sales person informed that Indus has sent them a list of people who are being considered as filers. He searched my cnic no. in the list and it wasnt found. They probably had an older verison of this active taxpayers list. The sales person plainly said that you are not in the list so you have to pay 150k in lieu of withholding tax. I asked him to goto FBR website and download the latest list from there and it has my name. His reply made me stunned, "Sir humain to Indus nay jo list bheji hai hum to usi say check karain ***. Ap nay agar gari book karwani hai to non-filer wala tax pay krna paray ga. Agar apko koi masla hai to wo manager ka kamra hai un say baat kr lain."

I went to the sales manager room who didnt look close to being the "look" of the manager. He happened to be already talking to someone about the same tax thing and how they have denied taking orders from people. When he hung up, I presented my case and the reply was the same illiterate one. "Sir agar apka naam nahi hai hamari list main to apko 150k pay krna paray ga warna main apki booking nahi kr sakta". Than i asked him where did you get the list from? He replied, Indus sent them an FBR link where they downloaded it from. I said well download the list again as it has been updated with my name in it. The reply was the link is no more working. I asked him to open the website again and I will shiw him how to download the latest list. The reply was again a jahilana one. "Sir humain Indus nay kaha hai k is list k ilawa kisi banday say filer wala tax liya to baki paisay dealer khud day ga. Main apka order nahi lay sakta". This made me more furious and I asked him if fbr.gov.pk is my personal website to which he had no answer.

Just finished writing a long abusive email to Indus, Toyota Ravi and that manager. What a pathetic customer service and salesmanship. Than went to honda canal to confirm what process they are following. The manager first searched the list in his computer and said ur name is not in the list. Than I asked him to goto FBR website and download the latest list. He did and said yes your name is in here so you need to pay 75k in lieu of WH tax.

I am seriously thinking about changing my decision to buy a Corolla after all this. I have always owned a corolla from the start btw. Plus the interior of the corolla is not looking appealing to me at all. Its bland and dull and boring. Something looks missing and it doesnt look the interior one should expect in top of the line model. I really am too confused at this stage.
    Do remember that in terms of safety and security the Altis brand is still where it was 10 years ago. There is no immobilizer or passenger airbag. Keep in mind that this is the most theft prone car in Pakistan. Personally if I had the budget I would go for the civic because of the immobilizer and additional airbag...and also because it is a totally different car than honda city unlike the altis grande being an upper end version of xli realistically speaking....remember that fancy cosmetic accessories will not provide any protection to you and your family ... so buy a Civic or wait till the corolla gets more airbags and immobilizer.. don't want to start a corolla Honda war but just being realistic.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One other thing I found out the 2014 Altis Grande is EURO 2 compliant only .. The same car in other countries is EURO 5 compliant.. Even the locally assembled Chevrolet Joy in 2005 was EURO 2 complaint.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

idk what do Pakistanis except from Corolla :/
    jdm <3

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

toyota did let me down by not only lacking in
    security feature
    but most importantly the climate control,
    come on indus its 2014 and u r asking 25lac and no climate control,
    shame on u indus guyz..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by emokid View Post
    idk what do Pakistanis except from Corolla :/
    Bro, 2.5 million is not a small amount. People expect things because they are paying a hefty sum for it. At first i was fine with the lattu type AC controls but today after checking the civic, the corolla's interior is looking too ordinary to me. Civic interior has a premium touch in it. But corolla beats civic in exterior hands down. Plus the stock multimedia/navigation and leatherite interior makes it more pocket friendly. Feel like pulling my hair, that. Much confused I am in deciding. Plus I have sold my 2010 corolla and driving my wife's car to work.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, 2.5 million is not a small amount. People expect things because they are paying a hefty sum for it. At first i was fine with the lattu type AC controls but today after checking the civic, the corolla's interior is looking too ordinary to me. Civic interior has a premium touch in it. But corolla beats civic in exterior hands down. Plus the stock multimedia/navigation and leatherite interior makes it more pocket friendly. Feel like pulling my hair, that. Much confused I am in deciding. Plus I have sold my 2010 corolla and driving my wife's car to work.
    I was confused between both of them them but decided gp for corolla yea I agree those latus are not good interior of civic looks good but corollas interior is padded with foam it's all soft (grande) that gives it a premium touch. and you are saving money to. Grande is fitted with leather seats and navigation which would cost 1 lack more as in a civic. so both cars have plus points. p.s the back of civic it ugly tbh.
    jdm <3

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for grande, you would love the seamless 7speed cvti

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PW Forums mobile app

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Went to see Altis, Bought a Used Honda Instead :)

I visited Toyota Bahawalpur Motors today to see the new Altis Grande.

For top of the line version, price tag was too high. Figure was round 26+ million in total including registration (i am non filer). 23.5mil ex showroom. + WHT for no filer + Registration

I was totally disappointed by the car's quality. exterior seemed nice but the dashboard is horrible. looked like a upgraded version of BedFord Truck. One could even live with that but absence of climate control was not acceptable at all.

I got out of there. went to another local showroom. exchanged my premio 2010 F with a slightly used Honda Civic Oriel (MT). They guy hated the stick, I wanted to get rid of an aging vehicle. so we both won.

I hate Civic's looks but the interior is wonderful. since I spend most of my time inside my car. I think I will be happy with it. Hopefully, I will be able to exchange the stick with a automatic after Eid.

But one thing is certain. I am never going back to Toyota. (been toyota fan since i learned to drive). At least not, until they change their model again in few years.. .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thrill-seeker View Post
    Agreed.
    But, you have to wait another four months. After which, Honda City's arrival will just be on the corner. More options, more confusion. And so am I right now "CONFUSED".
    You are 100% spot on! When city and altis 1.6 are launched together in jan 2015 all the altis buyers will go for city aspire as it will offer much more features compared to altis. And besides it will be the in thing of 2015, if you know what i mean

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^
    Didn't stop rolla sales back in 09 did it?
    ChipLoco.com | Anything and everything from the tech world!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I can relate to it as i had to go through same ordeal while booking my car at Toyota Capital. These CSR(s) and Manager(s) are simply un-experienced, un-willing and un-professional. They are only an embarrassment to the establishment. But the story is the same everywhere in Pakistan. So don't let these small things affect your judgement. The new Toyota Corolla is a stunner and offers the best value for money (In my opinion). Rest, its your call !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hasan.danish View Post
    I can relate to it as i had to go through same ordeal while booking my car at Toyota Capital. These CSR(s) and Manager(s) are simply un-experienced, un-willing and un-professional. They are only an embarrassment to the establishment. But the story is the same everywhere in Pakistan. So don't let these small things affect your judgement. The new Toyota Corolla is a stunner and offers the best value for money (In my opinion). Rest, its your call !
    So what was the outcome in your case? How much tax u paid? Was ur name present in the active taxpayer list?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerX View Post
    ^
    Didn't stop rolla sales back in 09 did it?
    Wait and watch, time will tell. I say this because the people who buy cars for "show sha" and showing off to relatives always go for a new shape regardless of the make. After 3-4 months you will be sick of looking at this model too, its natural. People always go for a newer thing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by q_malik7142 View Post
    Wait and watch, time will tell. I say this because the people who buy cars for "show sha" and showing off to relatives always go for a new shape regardless of the make. After 3-4 months you will be sick of looking at this model too, its natural. People always go for a newer thing.
    And that's a niche crowd.
    ChipLoco.com | Anything and everything from the tech world!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List