Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    Someone said that 1.3 auto tranny is manufactured in Thailand and 1.6 in Japan by Aisin Warner.
    1.3 M/T transmission is locally assembled (note: I didn't say locally manufactured). This is what was told to me by a technician working there during a plant visit.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ha125 View Post

Didn't give up, I saw this small portion in the casing of jack knife, it had compartment for a sensor or chip something.... Checked Google and YouTube and came to know that this is where one should put IMMOBILIZER chip and ignition will wirelessly detect it...

It was a difficult thing to do but I had to make a sacrifice by cutting the 3rd spare key and pulling out the small chip...

Wrapped it with scotch tape to make sure it doesn't displace and waterproofing... Assembled the whole key.... Went for testing...

WallAh !
    SUCCESSFUL

Sent from my SM-G928C using PW Forums mobile app
    Why you have not taken it off from the key which you already cut to take the locking transponder out?

the immoblizer txponder is visible in your video from the first key that was cut.

I am interested in this jack knife key, please share the ali express link from where u sourced it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA
    i have booked gli auto tranny from toyota airport lahore. they gave me aug delivery date... but i havnt got any msg from Indus motors...so i just wanted to know has anyone got their car due for august ?
    My brain works as a DOCTOR , but my heart was stolen by CARS!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by v9sDEF View Post
    1.3 M/T transmission is locally assembled (note: I didn't say locally manufactured). This is what was told to me by a technician working there during a plant visit.
    I highly doubt that they have such a capability. May be transfer of technology from Thailand, but as far as I know they are not making any transmission in Pakistan be it manual or auto.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Does anyone know that where is temperature sensor located which tells the outside temperature? Just curious.

Sent from my LG-H818 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drbelalmuneer View Post
    AOA
    i have booked gli auto tranny from toyota airport lahore. they gave me aug delivery date... but i havnt got any msg from Indus motors...so i just wanted to know has anyone got their car due for august ?
    Well call Indus on their helpline, they will tell you if your car is invoiced or in transit. They will ask for your CNIC and PBO number, address etc as given at the time of booking and then give you info.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by memad View Post
    Why you have not taken it off from the key which you already cut to take the locking transponder out?

the immoblizer txponder is visible in your video from the first key that was cut.

I am interested in this jack knife key, please share the ali express link from where u sourced it.
    The first key was not cut, it was just disassembled. It was REMOTE key and Its transponder was permanently glued and sealed, probability of breaking it was too much, hence decided to cut it out from 3rd VALET key

Ali express link...
    http://s.aliexpress.com/AN7ru2QJ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drbelalmuneer View Post
    AOA
    Message system doesn't really work that great. Call the dealership and inquire that your car has been dispatched by indus motors or not.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today marks the first birthday of my beautiful Corolla. Happy birthday dear......
    22nd Aug 2015 to 22nd Aug 2016!Name:  1471848649492.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  131.3 KB

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drtariqazeem View Post
    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1471603865.044394.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  62.5 KB
    Jux observe the exhaust alignment of 5.0mil vehicle... Sonaybpa suhaga...Rs 100 mudflaps.... Ab banda PKDMs ko kya kahy...

Sent from my iPhone 6s using PW Forums
    Assalamualikum. Brother khareednay kay baad aur delivery say pehlay inspect karlaitay yeh consumer tu aisa nah hota. Factory Fitted Problem hai 80%, but its not present in the TRD Fortuner. Chrome Inserts aka Finisher ki fitting kartay hain yeh tu aisa tu hoga. OEM PKDM problem in this case. Khair you are right for the Rs. 5 million thingie. Quality Control Issue. Complaint karwaiyay inshallah bethtree aigi. Peace Out !!
    I Came, I Saw, I Conquered!---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Divide and Conquer!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!

** BOYCOTT ALL THE CRAPPY AND OVERPRICED CARS AND JOIN THE BOYCOTTING GANG, for a better and improved Pakistan!! **

There is only Democracy - Demo and Crazy ... what do you want ??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by itsgumbys View Post
    Give me one good logical reason why Indus is not recommending 5w-30 or 10w-30 and why is it pouring 20w-50 in every car by default. And what made u prefer mineral oil over synthetic?
    Assalamualikum Brother. Indus pours and uses and recommends the 20W-50 Mineral Petron Oil because of its all season all Pakistan support. The Oil can be used everywhere and is readily available everywhere in the shops aka 3S Toyota showrooms/company operated service areas. Company policy dictates to use simple oils. The reason why they dont recommend it depends on many reasons including all region and season support, warranty reasons, it may not be suitable for one climate or dust conditions. Indus ki marzi hai woh kaun sa oil recommend karain, app ki marzi aap ki gari hai aap kiya dulwayeen.

Mineral Oils and Synthetic Oils ka difference aap internet pay dekh lain. I would suggest getting any fuel saving, fuel economy enhancing 10W-30/40 or 5W-30/40 motor oil which is semisynthetic or fully synthetic for a longer oil change interval and fuel economy. Baki your car, your rules, your choice, your responsibility. Peace Out! Jazakallah.
    I Came, I Saw, I Conquered!---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Divide and Conquer!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!

** BOYCOTT ALL THE CRAPPY AND OVERPRICED CARS AND JOIN THE BOYCOTTING GANG, for a better and improved Pakistan!! **

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ha125 View Post
    Super confused between choosing the best oil grade for Altis 1.6

Assalamualikum. I suggest using any mineral 10W-30/40 Oil. Toyota OEM will be 1st choice. Otherwise Use any 5W-30/40 semi synthetic or synthetic oil. Don't be confused make a decision and stand by it. Inshallah all will be well. As long as its a motor oil, nothing will go wrong. Peace Out !!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
    Today marks the first birthday of my beautiful Corolla. Happy birthday dear......
    Congratulations, Masha Allah.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faheemakbar18 View Post
    Whats the recommended oil for 2nz-fe in xli and gli

Sent from my XT1080 using PW Forums mobile app
    Assalamualikum. OEM Recommends Petron 20W-50, I recommend OEM Petron Plus 10W-30 or OEM Japanese Tin 5W-30. Otherwise pour in any good 10W-30/40 or 5W-30/40. But use genuine air filter and oil filter. Adding iridium plugs can also help.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Someone said that 1.3 auto tranny is manufactured in Thailand and 1.6 in Japan by Aisin Warner.
    Assalamualikum. I think Manual Transmission for the 1.3 is locally assembled and Auto Transmission is from Thailand (1.3) and Japan (1.6) respectively. CVT maybe from Japan or Thailand. 1.6 (Old Altis 10th Generation) and 1.8 Manual transmission is japanese as per Wikipedia/ Internet. I will stand corrected as this information is based on facts on the internet. Jazakallah.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme1racer View Post
    Assalamualikum Brother. Indus pours and uses and recommends the 20W-50 Mineral Petron Oil because of its all season all Pakistan support. The Oil can be used everywhere and is readily available everywhere in the shops aka 3S Toyota showrooms/company operated service areas. Company policy dictates to use simple oils. The reason why they dont recommend it depends on many reasons including all region and season support, warranty reasons, it may not be suitable for one climate or dust conditions. Indus ki marzi hai woh kaun sa oil recommend karain, app ki marzi aap ki gari hai aap kiya dulwayeen.

Mineral Oils and Synthetic Oils ka difference aap internet pay dekh lain. I would suggest getting any fuel saving, fuel economy enhancing 10W-30/40 or 5W-30/40 motor oil which is semisynthetic or fully synthetic for a longer oil change interval and fuel economy. Baki your car, your rules, your choice, your responsibility. Peace Out! Jazakallah.
    Toyota has 3S network all over the country so adding another type of oil to its existing (recommended) product line should not be a problem. So your point of "readily availability" is a non issue.

you are saying 20W-50 has better seasonality then other long range oils like 5W-50 ? not so convincing.

Toyota company is responsible for their engine during warranty period, why on earth they would put some thing lesser in engines and put them selves on risk ?

Lastly... "aap ki gari.. app ki marzi" stands no grounds as i have not manufactured this engine. Manufacturer is the right person to say so.

P.S: i am not defending or advocating Indus, i just want logical facts to come out. i myself have written many times to Indus for their recommendation but i did not receive any thing convincing.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Best oil for 1.3 1.6 or 1.8

5w-30
    10w-30

Brand is your preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulations, Masha Allah.
    Thanks a lot sir.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by itsgumbys View Post
    Toyota has 3S network all over the country so adding another type of oil to its existing (recommended) product line should not be a problem. So your point of "readily availability" is a non issue.

you are saying 20W-50 has better seasonality then other long range oils like 5W-50 ? not so convincing.

Toyota company is responsible for their engine during warranty period, why on earth they would put some thing lesser in engines and put them selves on risk ?

Lastly... "aap ki gari.. app ki marzi" stands no grounds as i have not manufactured this engine. Manufacturer is the right person to say so.

P.S: i am not defending or advocating Indus, i just want logical facts to come out. i myself have written many times to Indus for their recommendation but i did not receive any thing convincing.

Assalamualikum Brother. I have nothing against you nor your choices. To answer your queries :

Yes, 3S Toyota exists everywhere in Pakistan and yes Taglon 5W-50 was added into the lineup in 2014 or so. About the readily available issue, what I meant was all their products before Taglon 5W-50 were not available everywhere. (Other than 20W50, all products were not readily available back in 2012-14, they were short or whatever) I don't know why availability is not an issue, anything can be short in Pakistan. They are still shortage on the OEM Japanese 5W-30 Tin Oil in Karachi (just telling, not that i need it). Never said 20W-50 is better than 5W-50, I said it covers a better heat requirement than the 5W30 and 10W30 in different regions of Pakistan overall. ( All temperatures are covered by it mostly. )

20W-50 is better at covering hotter temperatures throughout the country and is a mineral based, low cost solution so the company prefers it to save their costs when putting it in the car. As for why would they put it in the car is simple ... they make it for Pakistan and cover the warranty. They manufacture a series of oils for all types of reasons including the way people drive or the climate/environment. They introduced the 5W-50 oil but i don't know why they don't put it in the cars unless the consumer/user demands it; same for the other oils. Mostly in the beginning people opted for the 1300cc XLi/GLi variant or the 2NZFE which easily worked on the 20W-50 series, and once the awaam (thanks to us and Pakwheels) awoke and other oil manufacturers entered the scene, they had to diversify. I am not saying 'x' oil is better than 'y' oil. What I am saying is that indus strategizes for the whole country and 20W-50 was their logical choice for the car and determined for running period and beyond. They introduced the 5W-50 oil and since I have not used that I will not say anything for it, nor against it. I will let the users decide that. As for the risk factor of the main 3 car manufacturers nearly 95% of all cases are blamed on the consumer. You changed the tyres and warranty is void,etc. 5W-50 is meant to replace the 20W-50 option in my opinion. <Engine Japan nay banaya hai, Pakistan main manufacture hota hoga>

Lastly aap hi ki marzi chalay gee bhai kyun kay manufacturer aap say poochay baghair koi cheez nahi badal sakta. Agar woh bolaain pani ya miti ka tayl daal dain, motor oil ki jaga tu kiya aap dalwa dain *** ?? They recommend something, not state that if you don't do this you have no other option. As you yourself stated you wrote to the company and got no "convincing" response ... so you can understand they are busy making cars and their consumer support is bad. The only thing i can say is to use the advised oil in the guide is ok. Most of the workers in the 3S center are trained to fix the issue not give detailed part advice. They don't have 100% knowledge or information. I don't blame them for the lack of technical knowledge,etc. They do what they are capable of doing and what they are told to. Speaking to the responsible parts/sales parts guy might bring you some insight. One person from their management stated the tin pack (5W30 Synthetic) from Japan is not advised and will hurt the 2NZFE Engine. I said I can take the risk and guess what ... nothing happened. They have those things available for a reason.

Lastly are the rest of us actually following the OEM strictly ? We all sometimes change all parts like tyres, battery, etc and not every time it is from the 3S centre. (What I mean is we don't have to follow the instructions from the OEM 110% ... sometimes we can use other products in emergencies. Follow the manual and all will be well. )

Jazakallah and Peace Out !!

[ I am only offering you advise based on your query. I don't represent Indus nor any other manufacturer. I am stating facts. You may like something that I may not, but that does not make us enemies. We all are different. Lastly we cannot change the company policy, unless we all force the people responsible to serve the consumers for their rights. Maximum sales are of XLi/GLi variants and their service,etc gets the company their finances so why would they bother putting expensive oils that run long periods ?? Smaller timeframe between oil changes,etc will yield more money, don't you think so ? ]

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
    Assalamualaikum.
    Happy Birthday PlayMaker's Corolla May you have many more good peaceful Birthdays. Enjoy your car Sir. Mashallah.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List