Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My test drive of the 2014 toyota corolla grande CVTI

Hi there,

I just test drove the new 2014 toyota corolla grande CVTI.

I own a 9th gen civic so i shall compare both- i will try to be as unbiased as possible (https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...tec-navigation)

NB:
    These are my opinions and i may be wrong. i just test drive cars and write unbiased views. however if i have upset your toyota heart in any way, please accept my apology in advance and don't go on swearing here and causing the mods any trouble. I am very sensitive and take such comments to heart as well so please be kind however you can argue with me in a positive manner so that we reach a conclusion which benefits all potential buyers here
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by emokid View Post
    my dad is bringing some locks (wheel claw style one too) from abroad and ill use the lock which 15 gives and I'm getting it insured too.
    so ill use 3 4 locks and insurance (Y)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PW Forums mobile app
    give your father my message: Sir, you're the most sensible and reasonable man in this country. I wish everyone takes care of their cars this way... ie. home garage theft while family is alsleep ka concept hee khatam ho jaye..

could you ask him to give you the details so that people on this forum know what locks you're talking about.thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice unbiased review.I would prefer to wait for GLI AT as it will be cheaper in reg cost and token tax also with good gorgeous shape
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    Another great review. Yay!

Btw- wanna have both of two worlds- buy civic and swap engine and transmission or corolla and swap civic stuff

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    thanks!! buy a civic/corolla in norway
    you already have that oppurtunity right infront of you

or be sensible and buy a volvo...that too a polestar edition

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    Nice unbiased review.I would prefer to wait for GLI AT as it will be cheaper in reg cost and token tax also with good gorgeous shape
    wise decision. almost every family needs a reasonably priced car and the upcoming GLI auto will meet most peoples demands.. buy locks beforehand and secure your car like @emokid

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my dad is bringing some locks (wheel claw style one too) from abroad and ill use the lock which 15 gives and I'm getting it insured too.
    so ill use 3 4 locks and insurance (Y)

Bro, mind telling which insurance company are u going for? Cuz i will be getting my car this month too. I am thinking of going for TPL Direct, they are charging 3.95% for car 4 car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    thanks!! buy a civic/corolla in norway
    you already have that oppurtunity right infront of you

or be sensible and buy a volvo...that too a polestar edition
    Thinking of getting a car from Germany. I can save gli money on that lol.

Not many people buy Hondas or civics here, only seen 2 civics so far and corolla doesn't even exist here.
    Only seen 2 swift and both were 4x4.

Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thinking of getting a car from Germany. I can save gli money on that lol.

Not many people buy Hondas or civics here, only seen 2 civics so far and corolla doesn't even exist here.
    Only seen 2 swift and both were 4x4.

In UK I got to see alot of civics. However the auris (rebadged corolla) was no where to be seen. Saw a few swifts as well
    Japanese cars won't be able to cope with the harsh Scandinavian winters anyway, there volvos or german cars are the best.
    I've heard the taxes and duties are very high in Norway. Will that be problem for you to buy a car in Germany and drive it here? Or since the EU thingy, have such things become irrelevant?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    Which type of lock Rescue 15 is giving?
    I have bought clutch bar from them and that is for manual cars only.
    toyota representative told me 15 ia giving a lock which will lock the break and throttle.

jdm <3

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh i am so sorry bro, yes I realised later that you were not saying that to me. My sincere apologies - we all have to be kind to each other here which is why i am saying sorry again and again , toyota threads tend to be blocked very quickly on pakwheels

sorry again
    lol no need to be sorry

wheel lock looks good unless the thief is equipped with ratchet and a spare wheel

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In UK I got to see alot of civics. However the auris (rebadged corolla) was no where to be seen. Saw a few swifts as well
    Japanese cars won't be able to cope with the harsh Scandinavian winters anyway, there volvos or german cars are the best.
    I've heard the taxes and duties are very high in Norway. Will that be problem for you to buy a car in Germany and drive it here? Or since the EU thingy, have such things become irrelevant?
    Easy bro- there are many importers in Norway.

You can travel to Germany, choose your car, if it's a company car, you get the tax refunded at the border when leaving Germany.

If it's a personal car, you get the seller to sign a document called some next chit in German lol.

You will have temporary German plates and will have 3 days to register it in norway. Once registered, send the document to the seller and the tax paid on the car in Germany will be refunded.

If the car is under 2 years old, you still have factory warranty on it, even in Norway.

But- anything you purchase in Norway has 5 years claim guarantee- my phone is warranteed for a year, but by law, it's five years. Except for sale items.

Exactly why we have ' Super sale ' stickers in our shop- no returns. Muhaha.

What my boss told me to do- import a car which has resale, put in on sale, drive it and once it gets sold, take a week off for vacations and bring another one in. Life's awesome.

He's an accountant and has his own firm- his client couldn't pay him and gave his car to him; a Volvo 1800cc manual. Can't remember the model.

It's the one on the right- My test drive of the 2014 toyota corolla grande CVTI - zuragaza

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Easy bro- there are many importers in Norway.

You can travel to Germany, choose your car, if it's a company car, you get the tax refunded at the border when leaving Germany.

If it's a personal car, you get the seller to sign a document called some next chit in German lol.

You will have temporary German plates and will have 3 days to register it in norway. Once registered, send the document to the seller and the tax paid on the car in Germany will be refunded.

If the car is under 2 years old, you still have factory warranty on it, even in Norway.

But- anything you purchase in Norway has 5 years claim guarantee- my phone is warranteed for a year, but by law, it's five years. Except for sale items.

Exactly why we have ' Super sale ' stickers in our shop- no returns. Muhaha.

What my boss told me to do- import and car which has resale, put in on sale, drive it and once it gets sold, take a week off for vacations and bring another one in. Life's awesome.

Well you gotta promise me you will give me a ride in your learjet once you've earned enough money to afford one - with such a business it shouldn't take long.
    Bus remember to do everything legally and make our nation proud - we need that since we're quite disrespected world wide due to our bad credentials and unfair deals.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well you gotta promise me you will give me a ride in your learjet once you've earned enough money to afford one - with such a business it shouldn't take long.
    Bus remember to do everything legally and make our nation proud - we need that since we're quite disrespected world wide due to our bad credentials and unfair deals.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app
    Will do we have a few Pakistanis in the parliament now, this dude, called Sharif owns / owned the biggest tyre shop, goras love our take aways despite being branded ' Indian masala ' haha.

And then we have the immigrants taking social benefits and doing black work- the ones I hate. They are usually from gujrat area and have much money all stored in Pakistan.

I pay 25% tax from my income. @@@@@#@

ride? Inshallah soon. Just getting on my feet again haha.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

conclusion (CIVIC VS COROLLA)

the civic maybe slightly higher in price (1 lac shouldn't make much of a difference who can afford to buy this car) but it's definitely better...
    it may lack in quality (the corolla isnt german built either.. look at the sunroof) but immobiliser is a very important thing security wise.
    and the corolla doesn't have a passenger airbag... if anyone has been in a major accident, you will realise how important that is.
    the CVTI tranny is surely a peach, and the rear reclining seats are very comfortable but this is no reason to prefer the grande over the top of the civic

so to conclude, whoever is confused b/w the civic and corolla (both top of the line), buy the civic. i personally vouch that you won't regret it.. but the civic has to be top of the line.

however if you want a basic saloon car for the family, wait a few weeks till they launch the GLI auto

the grande WILL be upgraded with immobiliser, better alloys and climate control so if you are really pushed to buy a top of the line corolla, it's best to wait for that upgrade
    This conclusion is excellent i guess 2015 december they will improve altis Grande

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassnainsethi89 View Post
    This conclusion is excellent i guess 2015 december they will improve altis Grande
    Once the other variants are launched, the sales of the grande will definitely suffer and then indus will introduce the necessities like passenger airbag and immobiliser.
    They already have the plan on the table but some crazy indus manager thought that let's save money and give a less specced car initially and later upgrade it when we introduce te other variants. Excellent business strategy to maximise profits but a car is not something they should play profit games on - security and safety are two basic necessities. Reclining rear seats and a fancy cup holder can be missed, but not an airbag or an immobiliser.

The good thing is that they do plan to introduce the immobiliser and air bag. I hope they introduce the immobiliser in all models though.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very nice, candid and balanced review and good photo coverage
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well the thing is toyota sales man told me the'd put all the 3 things in grande and will give it a tag of 27 28 after couple of years. but the thing is one can't wait for things like this.the world is upgrading rapidly and keeping pace with this world is getting harder and harder and if one keeps in waiting for the perfect thing then I assume his wait will never end.as when I bought note 3 I though oh I could wait 4 5 months and see how s5 is then I'd say I should wait more for note 4 and the thing continues so the thing is if you need something see whata available and if more better things are near like 3 4 months and are confirmed then you should wqit otherwise this waiting thing would never let you buy anything. and the updated grande is also not confirmed he said we may do this after couple of years. God knows who lives and who doesn't by 2 years.
    and as far as civic and corolla are concerned it's all about priorities.i was about to book civic 14 and I had planned to get it insured too. so having a immobiliser or not having it was not a huge issue for me. and then comes passanger airbag well yes I've met a accident and been saved by the airbag I know it's worth but then again I learned to be calm and not to over speed . This is one fault I see in corolla. then comes climate control well as per me it is not needed it is used by people who go on long journey's kike 4 8 hours travel bla bla and I will be using it in islamabad locally and they far most I'd go would be to my village that is 1 hour so I don't need it yes the lauts are extremely ugly I know and look outdated but then again not a deal breaker.
    and they major thing for me is I have a big family and we go our village on occasions full loaded and the road at times has patches which are rough so corolla is good for roads like these. and its high rear end would let me go through speed breakers easily without touching them. and the best part of corolla is that it looks extremely gorgeous. my family said we want our car to be good looking and in my opinion I don't like this civics back and even in Qatar my dad told honda gave its face lift in 1 month cause people disliked it.
    I'm not saying this cause I've booked a grande even civic owners admit that it's back it not attractive in stock condition. and I don't like the bodykit things. I asked some civic 14 owners about how it does on rou
    patchi roads and they said corolla is for you.
    so the thing is its all about priorities it's all about your needs and wants I'm getting everything what I wanted from corolla expect a airbag. and as I wrote everything it suits me perfectly. and the interior paddings and flappy pedals new engine new gear are what are attractive and more over its new in market I can keep it 4 5 years without being outdated.
    so yes I don't compare corolla and civic I see what my needs are and corolla grande cvti is just about what I want.
    I hope I didn't offend anyone and if I did I'm sorry.
    I just shared my opinion.

jdm <3

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Interesting review..finally some1 who had the time to test drive and write everything about the new corolla.. warna sab to excited hi itnay hain k likhna kahan.
    cars cars and cars...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by irfananwar View Post
    Bro, mind telling which insurance company are u going for? Cuz i will be getting my car this month too. I am thinking of going for TPL Direct, they are charging 3.95% for car 4 car.
    TPL direct is awesome... their response is swift and you even get free technician and tow service within the city in case of emergency.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You made the right decision bro. I'm sure you're going to enjoy the grande alot. It's a fun car, the paddle shifts are awesome and the CVTi tranny is the highlight of this car.

All cars have their bad points and good points... Be it a mclaren or a Ferrari. These are mid sized family saloons and we should take them as such. The best point about a corolla is its comfort and i can say with confidence that this grande will be very comfortable.

It's like comparing Samsung and an apple. They're the same, but are different at the same time - people prefer one brand and have their reservations about the other.

Yes, I can bet on it the price of grande will cross 26/27 lacs when they upgrade it. The civic started at 22-23 and now look where it is in a year.

For me, security is a major concern since our cars are parked in the hospital parking lot for 8 hours - sometimes even without any security guard to watch over.

You know the precautions and are doing the wise thing by securing your car by locking it using international standard gear and handbrake locks. For us, opening and closing them is a hassle.

So for you, a corolla is more suitable. For a family like mine, the Civic is more suitable,but I do want that CVTi tranny in the Civic

Do write a detailed review on your car when you get it. It will serve you well - its a beautiful car and is now technically advanced unlike the previous generation.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Most of the time.. its integrated into the rear view mirror support on windscreen. Not sure why its there. Looks like an after market one.

rain sensing wipers.. the sensor (encircled)is too big, looks odd . i hope they work in rain and not when a biker spits on your windscreen by mistake
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

User Tag List