Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My test drive of the 2014 toyota corolla grande CVTI

Hi there,

I just test drove the new 2014 toyota corolla grande CVTI.

I own a 9th gen civic so i shall compare both- i will try to be as unbiased as possible (https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...tec-navigation)

NB:
    These are my opinions and i may be wrong. i just test drive cars and write unbiased views. however if i have upset your toyota heart in any way, please accept my apology in advance and don't go on swearing here and causing the mods any trouble. I am very sensitive and take such comments to heart as well so please be kind however you can argue with me in a positive manner so that we reach a conclusion which benefits all potential buyers here
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My test drive of the 2014 toyota corolla grande CVTI -1458801

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My test drive of the 2014 toyota corolla grande CVTI -1458802

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My test drive of the 2014 toyota corolla grande CVTI -1458803

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please refrain from getting personal. This is not a tea shop or Barber shop around the street. Present yourself in professional manner as this is professional section of forum. Argument is welcomed BUT in a decent manner. Further violation will NOT be tolerated.

Thanks
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by emokid View Post
    ^go see the world wide review corolla is .2 seconds faster.
    And you are presenting your civic like a E class Mercedes.
    You really need to calm down man. Your the one who starts the war all the time please stop comparing.
    Corolla has a new engine new transmission admit this.
    Cvti is the latest tech.
    PEACE (Y)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PW Forums mobile app
    By the way how CVTI is "Latest" and new transmission? Isn't it the same 7 speed transmission with paddle shifters which was offered by Honda in their entry level sedan(City steermatic) umm 8 years back right?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You guys want this thread to be closed right?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The matter of fact is that an ordinary prosmatic can never be as smooth as a cvti

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    By the way how CVTI is "Latest" and new transmission? Isn't it the same 7 speed transmission with paddle shifters which was offered by Honda in their entry level sedan(City steermatic) umm 8 years back right?
    Bro there's no point in arguing. Most of the guys are like a bunch of babies. They will give you stupid logic to prove themselves right at any cost. Just ignore this thread and you will be at peace.
    None of the brave deserve fair....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
    Please refrain from getting personal. This is not a tea shop or Barber shop around the street. Present yourself in professional manner as this is professional section of forum. Argument is welcomed BUT in a decent manner. Further violation will NOT be tolerated.

Thanks
    Am I allowed to give my opinion comparing the Civic prosmatec and the Toyota grande?
    I'm just giving my opinion (NOT scientific proof and i'm no engineer /physicist) here- I 'felt' the Civic prosmatec to be slightly slow and the grande to be faster( because of easy accessibility of the paddle shifts- I haven't used my auto tranny gear to shift down, thanks to it being down there somewhere and it's inaccessible and thus ignored when you really need it) at low speeds - that's all I said, and everyone starts bashing me /each other .
    It's not an official toyota thread where I'm bring in the competition and violating the rules.
    Will I receive a warning on this basis? I'm not accusing you, I'm just asking so that I know and control myself. I want to know if you think I've said anything wrong- so that I can apologise on this thread to anyone who's toyota heart I might have broken.

Now I know why car journalism can't work in Pakistan, I would be stoned to death if I praised one car and bashed the other :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    Yes it is faster by only 0.2 seconds
    And this new engine 2 ZR-FE has different outputs between 137 hp to 141 hp we get 139 hp from our local altis
    So here if the conditions are same for both cars civic will beat altis from 0 till end

Peace
    Still the cvti tranny with paddle shifters and triptronic is any day better than the civic automatic.Civic owners including me wish that it had a manual option unlike the 1 2 d3 inaccessible thing

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    Still the cvti tranny with paddle shifters and triptronic is any day better than the civic automatic.Civic owners including me wish that it had a manual option unlike the 1 2 d3 inaccessible thing

And being a proud civic owner , I completely agree with you here... Corolla has the edge over civic in the transmission department - I'm not quoting any figures /references / graphs here. I'm saying this on the basis of personal experience.

I apologise to anyone who may find this statement of mine hurting in anyway - I will have to make a habit of writing this in every post i make on a Pkdm toyota /honda thread :p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I said before and my post was deleted and I am going to say it yet again. Civic and Corollas are ordinary cars, infact VERY ORDINARY and that is what they are considered all over the world. None of them is the one which is used in races parallel to any lamborghinis, ferraris or aston martins. They are made to be used as daily runners for families of moderate sizes. Now I dont understand why are we fighting about which one is faster and which one has 2 more hp's than the other. I would suggest everyone to get a life and act a bit mature and refrain from fighting over ordinary cars. I own an altis and I have booked a new one too. I believe that its good to take me to office and back home daily, good and comfortable for a highway trip once a week. It serves all what I require. Same is the case with civic. Now if you are trying to prove here that owning one or the other can raise you social status over others, well, for that I can only salute to ur thinking.

P.S: The one who is moderating this page, before you delete this post, please dont mind telling me what was wrong in what I said and what forum rules I violated.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My test drive of the 2014 toyota corolla grande CVTI

Quote Originally Posted by irfananwar View Post
    I said before and my post was deleted and I am going to say it yet again. Civic and Corollas are ordinary cars, infact VERY ORDINARY and that is what they are considered all over the world. None of them is the one which is used in races parallel to any lamborghinis, ferraris or aston martins. They are made to be used as daily runners for families of moderate sizes. Now I dont understand why are we fighting about which one is faster and which one has 2 more hp's than the other. I would suggest everyone to get a life and act a bit mature and refrain from fighting over ordinary cars. I own an altis and I have booked a new one too. I believe that its good to take me to office and back home daily, good and comfortable for a highway trip once a week. It serves all what I require. Same is the case with civic. Now if you are trying to prove here that owning one or the other can raise you social status over others, well, for that I can only salute to ur thinking.

P.S: The one who is moderating this page, before you delete this post, please dont mind telling me what was wrong in what I said and what forum rules I violated.
    You're absolutely right sir.

We are fighting on only cars available in this country which have dealerships everywhere - so it means a lot to us. Unfortunately because of lack of other options and the high price tag of both these family cars which are considered to be student / old peoples cars abroad and are thought to be too boring to even review in detail in international magazines like top gear , we have to review them head to head taking into account security and safety features of both models to decide which is better based on personal opinion and on paper performance figures (which doesn't matter practically and what matters is safety and security - but as this is a car enthusiasts forum in a country where there are just three local manufacturers, we discuss even the minute details of every car they make from tyres to the button on the steering wheel)

And I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. Likewise I agree with your statement and it has not offended me in any way -so there's no need to apologise or the mods to delete your post.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    You're absolutely right sir.

We are fighting on only cars available in this country which have dealerships everywhere - so it means a lot to us. Unfortunately because of lack of other options and the high price tag of both these family cars which are considered to be student / old peoples cars abroad and are thought to be too boring to even review in detail in international magazines like top gear , we have to review them head to head taking into account security and safety features of both models to decide which is better based on personal opinion and on paper performance figures (which doesn't matter practically and what matters is safety and security - but as this is a car enthusiasts forum in a country where there are just three local manufacturers, we discuss even the minute details of every car they make from tyres to the button on the steering wheel)

And I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. Likewise I agree with your statement and it has not offended me in any way -so there's no need to apologise or the mods to delete your post.
    No bro, you havent offended me in any way. Even if someone keeps saying anything about corolla, I wont take that as an offence because I am not the manufacturer of corolla or owner of Toyota itself. I am just the owner of the car I bought. People here are being too possesive of their cars as if its their creation. Typical college boy's attitude.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by irfananwar View Post
    No bro, you havent offended me in any way. Even if someone keeps saying anything about corolla, I wont take that as an offence because I am not the manufacturer of corolla or owner of Toyota itself. I am just the owner of the car I bought. People here are being too possesive of their cars as if its their creation. Typical college boy's attitude.
    Thank you kind sir

Yes, people do take criticism to heart, be it positive or negative - as they have paid a lot of money for these cars which should be worth half their value in reality.
    They feel that they have made the right decision and don't want to listen to anyone saying that their choice is wrong.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the android based navi system is like a high end phone.. smooth and very nice to use.. much better than the 9th gens windows CE based navigation system - I have no idea about the new android based system of the civic.

couldn't check the maps since it didn't have a sd card inserted

My test drive of the 2014 toyota corolla grande CVTI -1458974
    Is that the sales manager sleeping on the passenger seat?

I am surprised you mention legroom as "similar" to that of civic given this corolla is a bigger car. Did you try to sit in the rear seat yourself to give us a review? I am assuming better legroom+softer ride+reclining seats will put it way ahead in comfort than a Civic for long drive and more so on typical Pakistani highways.

Also can you comment on how well is the cabin shielded? both in terms of engine noise and outside noise? I am interested as we (my brother) might be getting one (1.3 version) later this year.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Exubery View Post

I am surprised you mention legroom as "similar" to that of civic given this corolla is a bigger car. Did you try to sit in the rear seat yourself to give us a review? I am assuming better legroom+softer ride+reclining seats will put it way ahead in comfort than a Civic for long drive and more so on typical Pakistani highways.

Also can you comment on how well is the cabin shielded? both in terms of engine noise and outside noise? I am interested as we (my brother) might be getting one (1.3 version) later this year.
    It is more spacious according to measurements

Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well. Have you seen my comment few pages about when I praised for your effort and mentioned that car review is a personal view ?

My recent comment was in general for everyone and if now I revert all questionable posts you will be first one reporting that remove it from a thread. And you will be right in reporting as those posts are off topic and just de tracking the thread. Argument is allowed but if someone start dragging someone with useless argument. It will be removed.

Thanks

Am I allowed to give my opinion comparing the Civic prosmatec and the Toyota grande?
    I'm just giving my opinion (NOT scientific proof and i'm no engineer /physicist) here- I 'felt' the Civic prosmatec to be slightly slow and the grande to be faster( because of easy accessibility of the paddle shifts- I haven't used my auto tranny gear to shift down, thanks to it being down there somewhere and it's inaccessible and thus ignored when you really need it) at low speeds - that's all I said, and everyone starts bashing me /each other .
    It's not an official toyota thread where I'm bring in the competition and violating the rules.
    Will I receive a warning on this basis? I'm not accusing you, I'm just asking so that I know and control myself. I want to know if you think I've said anything wrong- so that I can apologise on this thread to anyone who's toyota heart I might have broken.

Now I know why car journalism can't work in Pakistan, I would be stoned to death if I praised one car and bashed the other :p

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Exubery View Post

As I mentioned before, I couldn't sit in the rearseats and be driven around. However I did sit in the stationary showroom cars with the rear seats reclined and then moved back into their normal position. I found them comfortable and similar to the Civic - a long trip in the grande will confirm this - it could be a few cms more than the Civic but for what I could tell, it was more or less the same. What worries me is that the grande comes with leather/leatherite seats only - and leather seats in a car parked in the June heat for a few hours won't be very comfortable.

Based on the fact that the grande has reclining Seats, and the 'famous cushion' suspension that we all know the Corolla has, I'm sure it will be more comfortable on long trips - but to be very honest, I don't feel tired in the civic either. But the grandes reclining Seats will give an edge as far as back seat comfort is concerned.

The cabin noise is more or less the same as the Civic - but it's better than the previous generation of the Corolla, maybe because this could have padded doors (need confirmation about this though).

If you're planning on buying the basic version,you won't be getting rear Reclining Seats and will miss out on a few other goodies. You could have a look at the specs sheet I've added somewhere in this thread.

PS: yes that's one of the sales staff taking a nice break. Poor sales guys/women were extremely busy taking calls and showing the grande to everyone - they were extremely courteous and well mannered. So he deserves this short break :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
    Well. Have you seen my comment few pages about when I praised for your effort and mentioned that car review is a personal view ?

My recent comment was in general for everyone and if now I revert all questionable posts you will be first one reporting that remove it from a thread. And you will be right in reporting as those posts are off topic and just de tracking the thread. Argument is allowed but if someone start dragging someone with useless argument. It will be removed.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Oh okay. Thanks Sir
    Just wanted to know if I've been a saying anything wrong.. So far I've been a good boy sticking to the rules and regulations

Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

User Tag List