53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default NO More Cheap Power Window Conversion for XLi

Toyota has changed the layout of the door card (Door Pooshish) , Now the power window controls cannot be added to the existing door card of XLi. Just as in older models the "Patti" was replaced by the power window buttons and the mechanical lever was taken out and a round coin shaped piece was placed. Instead all the four door cards would be replaced with GLi's door cards.
    The cheap solution of powernwindow conversion is no more.. Obviously this would now cost alot more to get the cards replaced as well. Cheap material door cards would be available in the market afterwards but we all know that genuine door cards fit the best. Cheap ones would be be having fitting & squeeking issues..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No one buys a xli now a days.
    It's limited to radio cabs and simmilar services and for them manual windows are good cause they are to be used by public and manual are easy to maintain.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PW Forums mobile app
    jdm <3

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by emokid View Post
    No one buys a xli now a days.
    It's limited to radio cabs and simmilar services and for them manual windows are good cause they are to be used by public and manual are easy to maintain.

Though PAMA say's that the previous GLI sold the most b/w all the variants.
    But In my daily route I see more XLI..
    People do buy the XLI, and will buy It till IMC decides to not Install engine in XLI..
    Like My Page Please: https://www.facebook.com/BabuJeeKaThullu?ref=hl

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It will justify its name COW ROLLA then. Car without engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huzaifa_Khalid View Post
    Though PAMA say's that the previous GLI sold the most b/w all the variants.
    But In my daily route I see more XLI..
    People do buy the XLI, and will buy It till IMC decides to not Install engine in XLI..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan4808 View Post
    Toyota has changed the layout of the door card (Door Pooshish) , Now the power window controls cannot be added to the existing door card of XLi. Just as in older models the "Patti" was replaced by the power window buttons and the mechanical lever was taken out and a round coin shaped piece was placed. Instead all the four door cards would be replaced with GLi's door cards.
    The cheap solution of powernwindow conversion is no more.. Obviously this would now cost alot more to get the cards replaced as well. Cheap material door cards would be available in the market afterwards but we all know that genuine door cards fit the best. Cheap ones would be be having fitting & squeeking issues..
    this sounds interesting.. so do u mean onwards xli cannot hav after market power windows in cheap price? right? by the way.. how did u com to know all these details.. ? would u plz like sharing?

and as i assume regarding xli and gli in on going model.. i really dont see much xli's BECAUSE there was not only the differnce of power windows.. but presenc of ABS BRAKES really played a vital role in boosting the sales of GLI.. i myself would only go for a GLI bcoz it has ABS.. and if there were no differnce other than power windows in xli/gli.. than xli was not bad ..
    People who are considered Mad by the world are the only ones who make a Difference. e X t r e m i s t "pro-Extremism" War Till Death

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by surplusstock View Post
    This is Pakistan.
    Any thing unexpected can happen here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fawi View Post
    this sounds interesting.. so do u mean onwards xli cannot hav after market power windows in cheap price? right? by the way.. how did u com to know all these details.. ? would u plz like sharing?

and as i assume regarding xli and gli in on going model.. i really dont see much xli's BECAUSE there was not only the differnce of power windows.. but presenc of ABS BRAKES really played a vital role in boosting the sales of GLI.. i myself would only go for a GLI bcoz it has ABS.. and if there were no differnce other than power windows in xli/gli.. than xli was not bad ..
    An accessories shop owner at MontGomery Road Lahore had given me this update, as he was saying k we were very much excited that aftermarket power windows sales would again go sky high as new model is out,, But with this issue , its now a dream shatterd.

REASON WHY YOU DONT SEE XLi MUCH !!

9000/-Rs for getting after market powerwindows installed !! and 100/-Rs for replacing embelem to GLi...
    Bro, best ever update from XLi owner is to change the embellems to GLi.. Otherwise when you see them doors opened you,ll find the round tikki covering the hole of manual window lever. Whereas Embelem of GLi.

Bro people here majority dont take ABS in consideration while buying corolla. Secondly 1.25 lacs or more for genuine powerwindow and ABS.. People prefer the cheap variant i.e XLi.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

An accessories shop owner at MontGomery Road Lahore had given me this update, as he was saying k we were very much excited that aftermarket power windows sales would again go sky high as new model is out,, But with this issue , its now a dream shatterd.

REASON WHY YOU DONT SEE XLi MUCH !!

9000/-Rs for getting after market powerwindows installed !! and 100/-Rs for replacing embelem to GLi...
    Bro, best ever update from XLi owner is to change the embellems to GLi.. Otherwise when you see them doors opened you,ll find the round tikki covering the hole of manual window lever. Whereas Embelem of GLi.

Bro people here majority dont take ABS in consideration while buying corolla. Secondly 1.25 lacs or more for genuine powerwindow and ABS.. People prefer the cheap variant i.e XLi.

so it proves news regarding power windows is yet to be confirmed and will be considered un-aunthentic until we see xli in real on roads..

and as far as xli gli is concerned.. what i belive brakes are the MOST IMPORTANT PART of a car when we take conditions of pakistani roads and streets.. so people hav really started taking them seriously.. and differnc is for a around 75 thousand.. not 1.25 in on going corrola..
    People who are considered Mad by the world are the only ones who make a Difference. e X t r e m i s t "pro-Extremism" War Till Death

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by surplusstock View Post
    the engine will be provided as an additional accessory package

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^lmao

jdm <3

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxud1 View Post
    the engine will be provided as an additional accessory package
    Pakistan hai.
    Kuch bhi ho sakta hai.
    Who cares, there is no one to notice..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so it proves news regarding power windows is yet to be confirmed and will be considered un-aunthentic until we see xli in real on roads..

and as far as xli gli is concerned.. what i belive brakes are the MOST IMPORTANT PART of a car when we take conditions of pakistani roads and streets.. so people hav really started taking them seriously.. and differnc is for a around 75 thousand.. not 1.25 in on going corrola..
    You know, wise people just make it out of the situations, and the "Not So Wise" wait to see it in actual.. Anyways, you may think different than me. Yes, people are now more concerned about brakes, but how much % of such people we have in Pakistan ?? Few !..
    2ndly bro, the difference between XLi and GLi would never be of 75K approx. I cannot digest Toyota giving Metallic Color / Matching Side Mirrors / Third eye brake LED / Power Windows / Rear seat arm rest / ABS / Central Locking all for just 75K ???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dunya kahan say kahan pohonch gai... aur ham wohi power window non power window kay peechay aisay ghoom rahay hain jaisay kuttay apni dum kay peechay bhagta hai....
    the problem is not our govt... its the people..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nfssaad View Post
    dunya kahan say kahan pohonch gai... aur ham wohi power window non power window kay peechay aisay ghoom rahay hain jaisay kuttay apni dum kay peechay bhagta hai....
    humari taraf to kuttay ko kbhi apni hi dum k peechai bhaagtay nahi dekha.. aap ki taraf zaroor is kisam k kuttay paayai jaatay hongai.. tabhi aapnai ye misaal di.. (Y)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You know, wise people just make it out of the situations, and the "Not So Wise" wait to see it in actual.. Anyways, you may think different than me. Yes, people are now more concerned about brakes, but how much % of such people we have in Pakistan ?? Few !..
    2ndly bro, the difference between XLi and GLi would never be of 75K approx. I cannot digest Toyota giving Metallic Color / Matching Side Mirrors / Third eye brake LED / Power Windows / Rear seat arm rest / ABS / Central Locking all for just 75K ???
    and so u hav made it out of situation and so u are a WISE? wow.. didnt know the criteria for being WISE is so simple and little.. anyways u may also differ in opinion than me.. but yet i would suggest u to chek the ongoing prices of xli and gli.. u would surely com to knw this 75 thousand fact easily.. good luck wise man..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so it proves news regarding power windows is yet to be confirmed and will be considered un-aunthentic until we see xli in real on roads..and as far as xli gli is concerned.. what i belive brakes are the MOST IMPORTANT PART of a car when we take conditions of pakistani roads and streets.. so people hav really started taking them seriously.. and differnc is for a around 75 thousand.. not 1.25 in on going corrola..
    it was 1.25 in 10th Gen and it is 1.25 in the 11th Gen, The 75k difference you saw in the prices is btwn Gli and Gli AT 1.3
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota has changed the layout of the door card (Door Pooshish) , Now the power window controls cannot be added to the existing door card of XLi. Just as in older models the "Patti" was replaced by the power window buttons and the mechanical lever was taken out and a round coin shaped piece was placed. Instead all the four door cards would be replaced with GLi's door cards. The cheap solution of powernwindow conversion is no more.. Obviously this would now cost alot more to get the cards replaced as well. Cheap material door cards would be available in the market afterwards but we all know that genuine door cards fit the best. Cheap ones would be be having fitting & squeeking issues..
    Dont worry to much sirf derwaza paker ke band kerne ka handle nae hai. Rest is the same. the power window panel still be installed.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Power windows can be fitted in Xli but won't look neat,
    Like they say when there is a will there is a way
    Laws r Made to be Broken

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lol gari lene ka fiada jab sab kuch khud he dalna hai

jdm <3

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    it was 1.25 in 10th Gen and it is 1.25 in the 11th Gen, The 75k difference you saw in the prices is btwn Gli and Gli AT 1.3
    ooppss.. my mistake.. thank u for correction bro..
    @Ehsan4808 accept my apologies plz.. i was mistaken abt price tag... am really sorry..!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List