Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: My experience with Indus motors while purchasing new Corolla XLi 2014(Attitude Black)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My experience with Indus motors while purchasing new Corolla XLi 2014(Attitude Black)

Hi,
    I feel proud to introduce my brand new Toyota corolla Xli 2014 edition to pakwheelers. This is my maiden thread on pakwheels as I have an urge to share my experience of buying a new car with you all. It might benefit readers who are probably thinking about buying a new car (especially those who are looking for a car in 1300cc category).

Alhamdollilah, I booked toyota corolla at Toyota GT motors, Islamabad on 7th September. On 20th September, they will deliver my car, as it has already left Karachi on Monday. Will update more about the car in coming days.

Few points to remember before booking: you need to have a valid NTN if you wish to pay lesser WHT. FBR site shows a list of active taxpayers where one can look for his/her NTN.

Every dealer gives u a slightly different delivery date so choose wisely after visiting all of them near to your home.

In my case, people were asking me to pay extra money (1.5 lacs) and get the car in 1 day but I booked it and in less than 15 days, my car is being delivered.

I wish everyone a happy day!

Ciao!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

congrats n wise decision bro ......
    A liar doesn't respect those who can easily believe him...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    Nobody can win this race. Nobody. There will be 2016 after 2015 and so on. I believe whether sawan or for that matter anybody who needs/wants this car and is convinced, he should buy and enjoy the ride. Life is too short for these 2014/15/16/17........ Things. We don't know if we will be able to read or write the next post. So dear OP, enjoy. It's your life, your decision and your car.
    Exactly, thats why I wrote "if resale is your priority" because I never ever care about the resale and go for what I think is the best for me and I am pretty sure that OP would have done the same while making this decision. BTW InshAllah my next ride is going to be a GLI but next year as I have purchased a City in the start of this year.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    And for Honda City vs Any variant of corolla

Civic > Corolla > City

Always
    But in case of theft

Corolla>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Civic/City

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

congratulations bro, Allah mubarak kare.
    The men are back. @TGT.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    Congrats brother
    You will definitely love the drive
    May ALLAH BLESS you more ..

I recently upgraded to new corolla , was using standard swift before which lacks abs brakes too
    One should look at the needs , routes etc before buying a car
    It was used for daily routine drive , getting grocery and going to school and back to home , and not for once my father applied full brakes as he drive really carefully so in his case abs was not a must ! He went for dx instead of dlx obviously everyone has his limits and budget just like your case
    I am sure you must've had considered everything before taking this decision
    Drive safe
    And enjoy your new ride !
    Now finally someone spoke words of wisdom... Thanks for your valuable feedback!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by onthehonda View Post
    Exactly, thats why I wrote "if resale is your priority" because I never ever care about the resale and go for what I think is the best for me and I am pretty sure that OP would have done the same while making this decision. BTW InshAllah my next ride is going to be a GLI but next year as I have purchased a City in the start of this year.
    Good luck with your new Toyota corolla... I am sure you would love it to the bits...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    Sir long time and no interaction. What rides do you have now a days?
    salam Fouad, I'll keep it brief as this is someone elses thread, my company "car" is a tractor as I need it for work here all year round, otherwise I use my cycle or I run. Life is much simpler in Europe. Hope everyone here us well and is enjoying their rides.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Arrow

After a long time I had to take out time to say something here.....

DEJA VU!
    This Space Intentionally Left Blank.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    salam Fouad, I'll keep it brief as this is someone elses thread, my company "car" is a tractor as I need it for work here all year round, otherwise I use my cycle or I run. Life is much simpler in Europe. Hope everyone here us well and is enjoying their rides.
    and that tractor is called VW Tuareg ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^And that 'bicycle' is a rear engined german with 700 torques.

Allah sab ko aisi bicycle dey.

As for the OP, we all make decisions. The best part about your decision is that incase it turns out to be wrong, you can always change and with the way things work here, make some profit over this bad decision. Until then, drive safe.

Forget what people say. I agree with you, floor mats add weight to the car and hence garee bichhh ke chalti hay. Bichhi hui garee main there is no need for ABS.
    A Post-Wh0re is a user who's only aim in life is to increase his post count. He/she gets off by receiving likes and mentions, and considers his post count a medal on his skinny chest. A post-Wh0re is the human equivalent of Chihuahua..bickering pointlessly, effortlessly, permanently.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    courtesy red chili powder ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yaar, tum sub is thread per mazaq karthey rehethey ho. Meri cycle ko ferrari bana di aur corolla jeysay luxury car ke baray mey ajeeb baatey kartey ho ABS ke baray me. ABS ki zaroorat bilku nahi hai achey driver ko,.... kya F1 me bhi ABS hoti hai????

Hanif bhai sahi keythey hain,... sub pagal hain!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulations. Drive safe. To let you know, during my 22 years of driving, I have hardly ever felt a need for ABS. In fact never. If you drive carefully and within limits while concentrating on the traffic around, you will never need it. If you show off, create a mayhem, sure you do need it. Corolla is a good car for a country like ours, though it isn't a luxury but in a country where 2/3rd live below poverty line, it is a luxury. Ones hard earned money can, in majority of the cases, manage only a Toyota Corolla XLI/GLI. Back in 1992, my first car was Suzuki Swift and later on a Khyber. They had disc brakes, excellent response. On my last trip to Pakistan, I drove a rented 2011 XLI for almost a month and was happy with its performance. Though it lacked in power but then so waht, I am not participating in a racing event. If I can attain 80-90 km in the city traffic with five people on board, fine. Be content on your purchase and enjoy your time. You have made a decision, now own it and be happy with it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And to the OP, since you reckon that you used the ABS only 5 times previously, that means you still have 4 life's left, use it wisely. There will be no more 10th life

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why don't you guys understand?

Even If you're not using ABS that doesn't mean that you'll never use It. After paying friggin 1.7M you're meant to be provided with all the goodies, that's what I and other Pakwheelers are fighting for but for no use since the majority are still supporting IMC for providing substandard products. You pay 1.7M and you still get manual windows, manual mirrors, no abs, underpowered 1.3L engine, no airbags, no immobilizer. After paying 1.7M what we're getting is a stylish shell on 4 pathetic wheels. Even the wheels are pathetic!

Now let's come on the airbags point,
    You guys don't need airbags? Just assume, you're now a family guy. You have kids and your wife at home and you're the only earner in the house, the one who fill's their stomach's. You have a XLI. You get into an accident (God forbids). There would be no safety feature in the car which would save you. TBH Even If IMC gives airbags It would be of no use since you'll never wear your seat belts. You guys are your self a threat to your lives.

Now say you guys don't need Immobilizer?
    Even a car worth 1.1M Wagon R has It, why doesn't XLI? You pay 1.7M to IMC, Honda Atlas for your new car. After a month or so It get's stolen usually within a week. I have seen many cases of new XLI/GLI being reported on Pakwheels which are stolen within a week after being bought. Now say that Immobilizer doesn't have much effect? Let's suppose It doesn't but still It does give a peace of mind that your car has some sort of thief deterent. In reality It does make an effect. Since the key is coded It would take a long time for the thief to break into the car, starting It is whole lot different case!

Now decide whether after paying a friggin amount of 1.7M, do you need air bags, ABS, power windows, power mirrors, or not? That's insane of you guys that you're still buying this ****. Apnay standards ko Itna bhi down na karo. Even Suzuki to which we call "Shitzuki" is better then IMC and Honda Atlas. This was what I wanted to say.
    Like My Page Please: https://www.facebook.com/BabuJeeKaThullu?ref=hl

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Huzaifa_Khalid View Post
    Why don't you guys understand?

Even If you're not using ABS that doesn't mean that you'll never use It. After paying friggin 1.7M you're meant to be provided with all the goodies, that's what I and other Pakwheelers are fighting for but for no use since the majority are still supporting IMC for providing substandard products. You pay 1.7M and you still get manual windows, manual mirrors, no abs, underpowered 1.3L engine, no airbags, no immobilizer. After paying 1.7M what we're getting is a stylish shell on 4 pathetic wheels. Even the wheels are pathetic!

Now let's come on the airbags point,
    You guys don't need airbags? Just assume, you're now a family guy. You have kids and your wife at home and you're the only earner in the house, the one who fill's their stomach's. You have a XLI. You get into an accident (God forbids). There would be no safety feature in the car which would save you. TBH Even If IMC gives airbags It would be of no use since you'll never wear your seat belts. You guys are your self a threat to your lives.

Now say you guys don't need Immobilizer?
    Even a car worth 1.1M Wagon R has It, why doesn't XLI? You pay 1.7M to IMC, Honda Atlas for your new car. After a month or so It get's stolen usually within a week. I have seen many cases of new XLI/GLI being reported on Pakwheels which are stolen within a week after being bought. Now say that Immobilizer doesn't have much effect? Let's suppose It doesn't but still It does give a peace of mind that your car has some sort of thief deterent. In reality It does make an effect. Since the key is coded It would take a long time for the thief to break into the car, starting It is whole lot different case!

Now decide whether after paying a friggin amount of 1.7M, do you need air bags, ABS, power windows, power mirrors, or not? That's insane of you guys that you're still buying this ****. Apnay standards ko Itna bhi down na karo. Even Suzuki to which we call "Shitzuki" is better then IMC and Honda Atlas. This was what I wanted to say.
    Bhai itna ghussa na karo yaar

Pichlay 11 saal se XLi assemble ho rahi hai aur hoti bhi rahay gi. Main khud GLi lene laga hun baghair alloys aur air bags k

Sent from my Galaxy S5
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Bhai itna ghussa na karo yaar

Pichlay 11 saal se XLi assemble ho rahi hai aur hoti bhi rahay gi. Main khud GLi lene laga hun baghair alloys aur air bags k

Sent from my Galaxy S5
    GLI main phir bhi kuch tou hai..
    Like My Page Please: https://www.facebook.com/BabuJeeKaThullu?ref=hl

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

waiting for ride pictures.
    www.euroslim.com.pk; www.splash.pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@OP nice decision and congrats & enjoy the ride.

Just to mention my experience here, In Dubai I have driven yaris sedan with ABS but believe me it has pathetic brakes and shitty road grip. Its a total crap. I have driven coroalla 1.6 2011 with ABS and it has pathetic grip and drive as well. Now when I have bought KIA cerato which is without ABS believe me its road grip and breaking is far better than the two afore mentioned cars. My point is not about the cars but about ABS, and yes you were right that you need to drive by keeping proper distance and you are better off even without ABS.
    I believed God let us decide between good and evil. I chose good, evil happened.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The thread somehow became lighter, did you remove the mats from the thread as well ???

Sent from my LG-D320 using PW Forums mobile app

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List