Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: My experience with Indus motors while purchasing new Corolla XLi 2014(Attitude Black)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My experience with Indus motors while purchasing new Corolla XLi 2014(Attitude Black)

Hi,
    I feel proud to introduce my brand new Toyota corolla Xli 2014 edition to pakwheelers. This is my maiden thread on pakwheels as I have an urge to share my experience of buying a new car with you all. It might benefit readers who are probably thinking about buying a new car (especially those who are looking for a car in 1300cc category).

Alhamdollilah, I booked toyota corolla at Toyota GT motors, Islamabad on 7th September. On 20th September, they will deliver my car, as it has already left Karachi on Monday. Will update more about the car in coming days.

Few points to remember before booking: you need to have a valid NTN if you wish to pay lesser WHT. FBR site shows a list of active taxpayers where one can look for his/her NTN.

Every dealer gives u a slightly different delivery date so choose wisely after visiting all of them near to your home.

In my case, people were asking me to pay extra money (1.5 lacs) and get the car in 1 day but I booked it and in less than 15 days, my car is being delivered.

I wish everyone a happy day!

Ciao!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The thread looks clean as well. Seems like your driver cleaned/maintained it thoroughly. :p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So, for you floor mat is more important than ABS?
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Salarzae, @RollOnBigMaMa, @Storm, @bango

Well, I have heard enough of supporting and non-supporting views on my thread... Let me introduce myself here. I am a PhD doctor in engineering, did my bachelors at Manchester University, graduate studies at KTH Sweden and later went to Polytechnic University, Italy for obtaining doctorate degree.

I have worked in FIAT, served as Trainee engineer in Ericsson-Ferrari project and was consultant at Audi for one year.
    I was amazed to see the reaction, knowledge and views of my countrymen.

If I claim that I have driven more models of cars in one year at Fiat (Italy) than all of you combined, then it won't be exaggeration. Every day I used to test drive, ongoing models and upcoming models of several brands (Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Audi, VW) as my job was to find discrepancies in their navigation, maneuvering and temperature control systems.

We used to indicate this line on every brochure of each car which has ABS (that ABS brake system will take longer distance to brake on wet, muddy and sandy roads) due to its nature of operation. The only thing good about ABS is when u r making an effort to pull your car on left or right to avoid accident, while braking hard, ABS will maintain control of front tyres, hence driver can turn the car safely. Otherwise on non-abs cars, tyres will be locked and tail spin will happen on higher speeds. In reality, such incidents don't happen (very rarely).

Crux of my discussion is, having ABS in a car, doesn't mean one can race on streets and think he would be safe when he hits the brakes. ABS only mitigates 5% or less chances of accidents on roads, however 65% accidents can be avoided just by keeping safe distance from front car.

Now coming back to my decision of buying XLI, well first of all, it's my choice, so nobody should even raise an eyebrow why is he going for XLI... I had my reasons, two weeks delivery time... against 4 months delivery time of GLI. And if I didn't like it, I can sell it on a profit of 1.5lacs to 2 lacs and then might easily book 1.6 Altis A/T.

I hope nobody will try to educate me now and just wish me luck for this new car. I will appreciate your good comments.

Engr. Dr. Suleman

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ssawan57 View Post

Well, I have heard enough of supporting and non-supporting views on my thread... Let me introduce myself here. I am a PhD doctor in engineering, did my bachelors at Manchester University, graduate studies at KTH Sweden and later went to Polytechnic University, Italy for obtaining doctorate degree.

I have worked in FIAT, served as Trainee engineer in Ericsson-Ferrari project and was consultant at Audi for one year.

If I claim that I have driven more models of cars in one year at Fiat (Italy) than all of you combined, then it won't be exaggeration. Every day I used to test drive, ongoing models and upcoming models of several brands (Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Audi, VW) as my job was to find discrepancies in their navigation, maneuvering and temperature control systems.

We used to indicate this line on every brochure of each car which has ABS (that ABS brake system will take longer distance to brake on wet, muddy and sandy roads) due to its nature of operation. The only thing good about ABS is when u r making an effort to pull your car on left or right to avoid accident, while braking hard, ABS will maintain control of front tyres, hence driver can turn the car safely. Otherwise on non-abs cars, tyres will be locked and tail spin will happen on higher speeds. In reality, such incidents don't happen (very rarely).

Crux of my discussion is, having ABS in a car, doesn't mean one can race on streets and think he would be safe when he hits the brakes. ABS only mitigates 5% or less chances of accidents on roads, however 65% accidents can be avoided just by keeping safe distance from front car.

Now coming back to my decision of buying XLI, well first of all, it's my choice, so nobody should even raise an eyebrow why is he going for XLI... I had my reasons, two weeks delivery time... against 4 months delivery time of GLI. And if I didn't like it, I can sell it on a profit of 1.5lacs to 2 lacs and then might easily book 1.6 Altis A/T.

I hope nobody will try to educate me now and just wish me luck for this new car. I will appreciate your good comments.

Engr. Dr. Suleman
    Wow! After all that you still opted for XLI, bravo Doctor Sahib

Good luck with your xli, enjoy the ride peace
    If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man ~ Mark Twain

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was never "NOT" supporting you.

Engr. Dr. Suleman
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ssawan57 Engr. Dr. Suleman we shall be expecting your share of guidance in technical sections soon plenty of us will feel under debt by your share of technical input, thank you & cheers !
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    @ssawan57 Engr. Dr. Suleman we shall be expecting your share of guidance in technical sections soon plenty of us will feel under debt by your share of technical input, thank you & cheers !

I will be honored to serve my countrymen.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So i learned ... it takes a person to get phd degree to understand the value of Xli ...
    Lost in /dev/null

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quality of Fiat brand? Oh, now it makes sense.

Pun aside, wish you best of luck with GCP tin on wheels.... (Y)

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    This Space Intentionally Left Blank.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Engr. Dr. Suleman
    Wow... A PHD doctor Vs. Self Proclaimed pakwheeling doctors.

You nailed it Dr. Sahab. Its your money and your choice how you want to spend it, people are going to keep talking crap, just ignore and enjoy your ride.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Engr. Dr. Suleman
    Nice copy/paste, editing job.
    Yes you are a doctor and Sunny Leon is virgin.
    This thread is all about the things which do not exist.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by irfananwar View Post
    Wow... A PHD doctor Vs. Self Proclaimed pakwheeling doctors.

You nailed it Dr. Sahab. Its your money and your choice how you want to spend it, people are going to keep talking crap, just ignore and enjoy your ride.
    C'mon Irfan, do you really think he has got PhD in engineering?
    Although he has edited most of his posts but stilll go through the thread again and you will know.
    And many of his posts have been deleted by mods because he was abusing his fellow countrymen.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wrangler79 View Post
    C'mon Irfan, do you really think he has got PhD in engineering?
    Although he has edited most of his posts but stilll go through the thread again and you will know.
    And many of his posts have been deleted by mods because he was abusing his fellow countrymen.
    Oops.... I take it back in that case sir . My mistake for not following the thread.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

jaaan ki amaan paaoon to educate karooon aap logon ko?? ABS means All Bull $hit
    ZZzzzZZZzzzZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Engr. Dr. Suleman
    All that education and vast experience and yet you couldn't see that I was trying to explain that you should just ignore all the BS and enjoy your car.

However, since you're VERY green here I'll say "tu vadda" as most of us are just uneducated muppets with a combined IQ of a barnacle who barely know how to use a toothbrush correctly and only come here to troll members during the breaks we get between beatings from the owners of the methai stores where we were sold into slavery to pay of an ancestral debt.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

man he studied too much i didn't study that much and used to have a much better car....you see education is all BS life is too short for it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I can see another Mod in the making, If @ssawan can sustain all this criticism

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    This Space Intentionally Left Blank.

19. 20-09-2014, 12:12 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    replied in closed thread

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

User Tag List