Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 727
Like Tree470Likes

Thread: 2014 Corolla 1.3 GLi AT - aliusman420

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 2014 Corolla 1.3 GLi AT - aliusman420

    So Alhamdulillah finally our brand new Corolla 1.3 GLi AT arrived today. Kindly do say Masha Allah
    We needed a family car and this new gorgeous Corolla recently launched which everyone fell in love with so we decided to go for it. As it would have been a general family use car we decided upon 1.3 GLi, initially we were planning to go for the manual one as had doubts about the automatic one, but after reading what our fellow @InNoCeNt_DeViL stated in his review of the test drive he took of GLi AT, our decision changed and we booked the automatic one. Due to the unstable security situation in Islamabad test drives are not being given.
    Date of booking on PBO was 19th August and car was delivered to us on 1st October.
    So far loving every bit of it, Alhamdulillah money well spent.
    It has put the critics to rethink their statement of the car being under-powered, Masha Allah the throttle response is very good.
    Currently the car is a Night Rider it is mainly being used in the second half of the day.
    So here go the reviews:
    1. Quick review from dealership to home Page 1 Post #3.

    2. Short review Page 4 Post #65.
    3. Daylight pics Page 4 Post #64.
    4. Slightly longer review Page 5 Post #96.

    5. Comparison with Lancer Page 6 Post #116.
    6. Brief comparison with Prius 1.8 Page 8 Post #145.
    7. Recent pictures Page 13 Post #253.
    8. First ever long journey of the car review along with pictures, Islamabad to Lahore via Motorway Page 18 Post #359.
    9. Extensive detailing session carried out on the car Page 22 Post #421.

    Stay tuned for more updates

    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1412183500.909179.jpg
Views: 15909
Size:  772.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1412183514.380218.jpg
Views: 15847
Size:  767.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1412183528.228368.jpg
Views: 14218
Size:  170.8 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1412183543.444281.jpg
Views: 14816
Size:  164.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1412183559.052025.jpg
Views: 16359
Size:  136.5 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  2. #561
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    silentassassin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    4,194
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    They must've milked the hell out of those as it's a very very steep climb.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Allah behtar janta hai

  3. #562
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,911
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Shogran to main Prius na le kar jaun


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Lol, gli is more durable than the prius. Clearance is a humongous issue with these cars

  4. #563
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,911
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    They must've milked the hell out of those as it's a very very steep climb.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Not really, the civic is strong and durable. Plus it's got clearance, wouldn't have bothered it much, 1.8 has plenty torque

  5. #564
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    Lol, gli is more durable than the prius. Clearance is a humongous issue with these cars
    Yes clearance is an issue but I have taken my Prius once to Nathiagali and once to Ayubia it went without any road clearance issues, a 1.3 car struggles up there whereas 1.8 simply goes like velvet.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  6. #565
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    guys i see this discussion pretty useless
    we are talking about 1.3
    even 660 can go anywhere in pakistan
    this is 1.3 that too on petrol and toyota's designed engine.
    thats not a problem for a 1.3 to go northern areas.
    only one thing keep me away from buying 1.3 which is
    i too much like to smoke corollas and citys with my swift lol
    and i think of that time when im driving a 1.3 auto gli and suddenly a swift or 1.3 manual city or gli appears in my side mirror honking with full beams and i did not be able to catch it lol then it will be doobne ka makam for me
    no offense its just my thought
    i know many of you will try to teach me lessons that drive safe these cars are not for racing etc etc but thats just my thinking and i have got this bad habbit from swift
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  7. #566
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,911
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Yes clearance is an issue but I have taken my Prius once to Nathiagali and once to Ayubia it went without any road clearance issues, a 1.3 car struggles up there whereas 1.8 simply goes like velvet.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Nathia gali and ayubia side are paved roads for civilized vehicles, I won't even hesitate to take a 911 Porsche there. As for the northern reign, that's a whole other story

  8. #567
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,911
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    guys i see this discussion pretty useless
    we are talking about 1.3
    even 660 can go anywhere in pakistan
    this is 1.3 that too on petrol and toyota's designed engine.
    thats not a problem for a 1.3 to go northern areas.
    only one thing keep me away from buying 1.3 which is
    i too much like to smoke corollas and citys with my swift lol
    and i think of that time when im driving a 1.3 auto gli and suddenly a swift or 1.3 manual city or gli appears in my side mirror honking with full beams and i did not be able to catch it lol then it will be doobne ka makam for me
    no offense its just my thought
    i know many of you will try to teach me lessons that drive safe these cars are not for racing etc etc but thats just my thinking and i have got this bad habbit from swift
    Lol, I love to put people with such habits in there place with my prius 😜 even a reborn struggles to shrug off my 1.5 prius, I can only imagine the destruction one can achieve with a 1.8(referring to destruction of hopes and egos of other drivers 😜 ))

  9. #568
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    Lol, I love to put people with such habits in there place with my prius 😜 even a reborn struggles to shrug off my 1.5 prius, I can only imagine the destruction one can achieve with a 1.8(referring to destruction of hopes and egos of other drivers 😜 ))
    Uff that feeling is awesome when you smoke every local car in the 1.8 Prius, they don't even get close to the tail-lights despite the fact that I accelerate only when they get close enough thinking they can give a flyby, in other words "sharmindagi ka maqaam".


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  10. #569
    PakWheeler Follow
    geforce911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    615
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    AOA Brother!

    Can u tell me what products are u using to keep ur black beauty shiny/glossy along with the price if u dont mind! i m having hard time keeping my Kaloo Shahzadi shiny!

    Thanks
    http://earn4youth.com/?ref=120093 <-------------Click or copy! want to if its real or not! lol

  11. #570
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,911
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geforce911 View Post
    AOA Brother!

    Can u tell me what products are u using to keep ur black beauty shiny/glossy along with the price if u dont mind! i m having hard time keeping my Kaloo Shahzadi shiny!

    Thanks
    He uses a unique product known as a garage. This is a rare product these days and this respected owner utilizes it to the fullest, the vehicle hardly leaves that area 😜

  12. #571
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geforce911 View Post
    AOA Brother!

    Can u tell me what products are u using to keep ur black beauty shiny/glossy along with the price if u dont mind! i m having hard time keeping my Kaloo Shahzadi shiny!

    Thanks
    Nothing but branded washing and detailing products like Meguiar's has touched the car and so even if the car hasn't been waxed for a long while, the shampoo is more than enough for a glossy vehicle.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  13. #572
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    He uses a unique product known as a garage. This is a rare product these days and this respected owner utilizes it to the fullest, the vehicle hardly leaves that area 😜
    Ab leave karti hai since the tires got changed since more than a week Prius is under a cover and I am using this car for going everywhere.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  14. #573
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    Lol, I love to put people with such habits in there place with my prius 😜 even a reborn struggles to shrug off my 1.5 prius, I can only imagine the destruction one can achieve with a 1.8(referring to destruction of hopes and egos of other drivers 😜 ))
    hahaha exectly
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  15. #574
    PakWheeler Follow
    Rohban427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    25
    Posts
    584
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Ali Usman Bro can you tell me is cabin of new Corolla quieter than Honda Cars?

  16. #575
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohban427 View Post
    Ali Usman Bro can you tell me is cabin of new Corolla quieter than Honda Cars?
    The cabin is very quiet, when compared to City it is significantly quieter but compared to 8th Gen Civic it is almost at par.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  17. #576
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Nabeel_Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,509
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Uff that feeling is awesome when you smoke every local car in the 1.8 Prius, they don't even get close to the tail-lights despite the fact that I accelerate only when they get close enough thinking they can give a flyby, in other words "sharmindagi ka maqaam".


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Ali bhai 1.8 Prius is not that fast. The second gen Prius has that instantaneous push when flooring the pedal. 1.8 Prius lacks this feel. I still think Grande will be ahead or atleast neck to neck with Prius 1.8, though I haven't driven Grande.

  18. #577
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    Ali bhai 1.8 Prius is not that fast. The second gen Prius has that instantaneous push when flooring the pedal. 1.8 Prius lacks this feel. I still think Grande will be ahead or atleast neck to neck with Prius 1.8, though I haven't driven Grande.
    Press the PWR button while having sufficient charge on a traffic light and floor it as soon as it turns green, enjoy all the cars in the rear view mirror


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  19. #578
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zuhaibafzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    5,661
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    4

    Default

    What's mileage are you getting from it. I guess, it is not as good as Altis 1.6. Further, you can tell bro.
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

  20. #579
    PakWheeler Follow
    Rohban427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    25
    Posts
    584
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bro Really I didn't knew that 8th Gen's cabin is also very quiet...Coz I have never driven it...So what about 9th Gen...Is its cabin less or more quieter than 8th Gen coz you said 11th Gen Corolla is significantly quieter than City but is at par with Reborn so tell me about the 9th Gen Civic!!!

  21. #580
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    What's mileage are you getting from it. I guess, it is not as good as Altis 1.6. Further, you can tell bro.
    Till now the car has only done 3300 kn approx, gets 10 easily on a good day but as my car idles a lot on AC the average revolves around 8-9, and I'm talking about at least 30 mins of idling on AC whenever this car goes out.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •