97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 2014 Corolla 1.3 GLi AT - aliusman420

So Alhamdulillah finally our brand new Corolla 1.3 GLi AT arrived today. Kindly do say Masha Allah
    We needed a family car and this new gorgeous Corolla recently launched which everyone fell in love with so we decided to go for it. As it would have been a general family use car we decided upon 1.3 GLi, initially we were planning to go for the manual one as had doubts about the automatic one, but after reading what our fellow @InNoCeNt_DeViL stated in his review of the test drive he took of GLi AT, our decision changed and we booked the automatic one. Due to the unstable security situation in Islamabad test drives are not being given.
    Date of booking on PBO was 19th August and car was delivered to us on 1st October.
    So far loving every bit of it, Alhamdulillah money well spent.
    It has put the critics to rethink their statement of the car being under-powered, Masha Allah the throttle response is very good.
    Currently the car is a Night Rider it is mainly being used in the second half of the day.
    So here go the reviews:
    1. Quick review from dealership to home Page 1 Post #3.

2. Short review Page 4 Post #65.
    3. Daylight pics Page 4 Post #64.
    4. Slightly longer review Page 5 Post #96.

5. Comparison with Lancer Page 6 Post #116.
    6. Brief comparison with Prius 1.8 Page 8 Post #145.
    7. Recent pictures Page 13 Post #253.
    8. First ever long journey of the car review along with pictures, Islamabad to Lahore via Motorway Page 18 Post #359.
    9. Extensive detailing session carried out on the car Page 22 Post #421.

Stay tuned for more updates

Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1412183500.909179.jpg
Views: 15909
Size:  772.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1412183514.380218.jpg
Views: 15847
Size:  767.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1412183528.228368.jpg
Views: 14218
Size:  170.8 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1412183543.444281.jpg
Views: 14816
Size:  164.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1412183559.052025.jpg
Views: 16359
Size:  136.5 KB

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey buddy, Congratulations on your ride. I got myself a Gli AT as well and i am a bit concerned about the city fuel average. In your experience is the Fuel Average on the ODO Meter acurate enough and have you done old school calculations on the mileage ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by awes.khan View Post
    Hey buddy, Congratulations on your ride. I got myself a Gli AT as well and i am a bit concerned about the city fuel average. In your experience is the Fuel Average on the ODO Meter acurate enough and have you done old school calculations on the mileage ?
    Thank you
    As for the average, the one shown on MID is very close to the actual one. It gradually increases when the car gets driven more and more. My car gives 10 km/l local with AC in peaceful driving and 8-9 km/l in full throttle driving with AC, current odo reading is 35xx km only.

8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Thank you
    As for the average, the one shown on MID is very close to the actual one. It gradually increases when the car gets driven more and more. My car gives 10 km/l local with AC in peaceful driving and 8-9 km/l in full throttle driving with AC, current odo reading is 35xx km only.

Bro, what is the best way to reduce the arch gap?
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    Bro, what is the best way to reduce the arch gap?
    When there is no one on the back seat, the arch gap is the way it is, but with two people the car balances out or if you put something in the trunk like the 19L Nestle bottles, I have passengers on the rear seat most of the time so the height is balanced out but when nobody is in the back, then its a bit awkward

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When there is no one on the back seat, the arch gap is the way it is, but with two people the car balances out or if you put something in the trunk like the 19L Nestle bottles, I have passengers on the rear seat most of the time so the height is balanced out but when nobody is in the back, then its a bit awkward
    Hahahaha this is a desi tareka. I was asking in a technical way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    Hahahaha this is a desi tareka. I was asking in a technical way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hahahaha that's what I do
    I guess JDM Axio's springs would fit and lower the height, but I'm not in favor of tearing open a new car's suspension.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi brother @aliusman420, I received my Gli two days ago and I'm thinking to get it insured from the TPL at the dealership. However I've few questions, kindly answer if possible;

1. How was the tracker installation? Are you facing any noise etc of tracker coming from dashboard on bumpy roads? (Some ppl say that it is present.)

2. How was work quality? I mean that did they perform a good job while installing tracker i.e, not damaging the dashboard with scratches etc.....

3. In how much days the battery dies if the car is not started? What is the claim of tracker company in this regard? Or your own experience.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Playmaker , the battery will die if its fully charged when u park it , and dont use it at all for 48 hours ,

Now if you drive it for 5-10 min , on second day , thinking it will charge your battery it wont ,

U need one long trip 30-40 km every 2 days

I hv lost 3 batteries , tpl earlier has better quality trakkers they didnt consume that much but every other brand does

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 2559922 View Post
    Playmaker , the battery will die if its fully charged when u park it , and dont use it at all for 48 hours ,

Now if you drive it for 5-10 min , on second day , thinking it will charge your battery it wont ,

U need one long trip 30-40 km every 2 days

I hv lost 3 batteries , tpl earlier has better quality trakkers they didnt consume that much but every other brand does

What about fitting and any noise/rattling issue?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
    Hi brother @aliusman420, I received my Gli two days ago and I'm thinking to get it insured from the TPL at the dealership. However I've few questions, kindly answer if possible;

1. How was the tracker installation? Are you facing any noise etc of tracker coming from dashboard on bumpy roads? (Some ppl say that it is present.)

2. How was work quality? I mean that did they perform a good job while installing tracker i.e, not damaging the dashboard with scratches etc.....

3. In how much days the battery dies if the car is not started? What is the claim of tracker company in this regard? Or your own experience.

Thanking you in anticipation.
    First of all, many congratulations on the new car, Allah naseeb karay

Coming to your questions:

TPL is a very good insurance company but their premium is a bit high, I got my car insured for around Rs. 74,000 at the time of delivery and now the insurance is about to expire on 30 Sept 2015, received a call from them that because there haven't been any insurance claims, this year we will have to pay lesser premium, around Rs. 70,000, the difference is not that much. Now I'm not sure whether to insure the car or not.

As for the tracker, I wasn't at home when it was being installed, but they did quite a neat job and I haven't experienced any problems with the dashboard so far Alhamdulillah

Coming towards the battery thing, my car remains parked for the whole week most of the time, goes out on weekends, and once it even remained parked for a month as I had gone to Karachi, however, it was started twice a week at least. I haven't made any sort of claims as the need didn't arise Alhamdulillah

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all, many congratulations on the new car, Allah naseeb karay

Coming to your questions:

TPL is a very good insurance company but their premium is a bit high, I got my car insured for around Rs. 74,000 at the time of delivery and now the insurance is about to expire on 30 Sept 2015, received a call from them that because there haven't been any insurance claims, this year we will have to pay lesser premium, around Rs. 70,000, the difference is not that much. Now I'm not sure whether to insure the car or not.

As for the tracker, I wasn't at home when it was being installed, but they did quite a neat job and I haven't experienced any problems with the dashboard so far Alhamdulillah

Coming towards the battery thing, my car remains parked for the whole week most of the time, goes out on weekends, and once it even remained parked for a month as I had gone to Karachi, however, it was started twice a week at least. I haven't made any sort of claims as the need didn't arise Alhamdulillah

Thank you very much for the detailed reply and the wish too......

There haven't been any claims and this year you have to pay less, what does this mean? If anyone has claim in first year then he has to pay more than 74000 in 2nd year?

Kindly clear this confusion as sales manager at the dealership is saying that every coming year you'll have to pay less due to depreciation in car value. He didn't mention anything about claim.

I'm in a sort of dilemma about insurance because my visits to Isb/Lhr are not frequent and also I'll be out of city for my MS and come on weekends. So battery issue is also creating doubts.

Sometimes I think that it's not needed and sometimes I think that I should get it insured.....:p

Thank you once again for your response.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you very much for the detailed reply and the wish too......

There haven't been any claims and this year you have to pay less, what does this mean? If anyone has claim in first year then he has to pay more than 74000 in 2nd year?

Kindly clear this confusion as sales manager at the dealership is saying that every coming year you'll have to pay less due to depreciation in car value. He didn't mention anything about claim.

I'm in a sort of dilemma about insurance because my visits to Isb/Lhr are not frequent and also I'll be out of city for my MS and come on weekends. So battery issue is also creating doubts.

Sometimes I think that it's not needed and sometimes I think that I should get it insured.....:p

Thank you once again for your response.....
    why not get it registered without tracker from any other company besides TPL, I got my car insured from EFU without tracker.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gitts070 View Post
    why not get it registered without tracker from any other company besides TPL, I got my car insured from EFU without tracker.
    The main reason behind it is that if I insure via any other company then in case of any damage/claim etc, I'll have to pay my self and get the bills cleared from that company. Also the surveyor will come from Isb/Rwp and evaluate the car etc etc.....
    In case of TPL, I'll take the car to dealership, get it repaired and walk out.

I also don't want tracker but it's the only feasible option I have.

Also I've heard from few ppl that they aren't facing any issue from tracker. I hope it'll be same for my car as well.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The main reason behind it is that if I insure via any other company then in case of any damage/claim etc, I'll have to pay my self and get the bills cleared from that company. Also the surveyor will come from Isb/Rwp and evaluate the car etc etc.....
    In case of TPL, I'll take the car to dealership, get it repaired and walk out.

I also don't want tracker but it's the only feasible option I have.

Also I've heard from few ppl that they aren't facing any issue from tracker. I hope it'll be same for my car as well.
    I remember a guy telling me that he got his vehicle insured from tpl and not get a tracker installed

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    I remember a guy telling me that he got his vehicle insured from tpl and not get a tracker installed
    I asked the sales manager that can he insure without tracker, then he said that 'company nay apnay aap ko bhi to safe side par rakhna hota hai na......:p'. It's mandatory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I asked the sales manager that can he insure without tracker, then he said that 'company nay apnay aap ko bhi to safe side par rakhna hota hai na......:p'. It's mandatory.
    The guy said that they were asking him to pay extra for the tracker and he refused. Saying that may nay insurance karani hai, tracker is just a headache for me and no benefit. They insured it without the tracker

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The guy said that they were asking him to pay extra for the tracker and he refused. Saying that may nay insurance karani hai, tracker is just a headache for me and no benefit. They insured it without the tracker
    Waise what's the advantage of tracker as it can be easily bypassed with the help of jammer so why pay extra?

Sent from my GFIVE G10 mini using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by altisdualvvti View Post
    Waise what's the advantage of tracker as it can be easily bypassed with the help of jammer so why pay extra?

This way they can charge you for it and make your car have electronic issues which won't happen otherwise 😜

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This way they can charge you for it and make your car have electronic issues which won't happen otherwise 😜
    If one convince them and force them to not install the tracker is it possible?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by altisdualvvti View Post
    If one convince them and force them to not install the tracker is it possible?

If you know people in the tpl, then maybe, not sure otherwise. I don't insure my vehicles so I don't know

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

User Tag List