0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Power Steering Oil Leaking in Ae 100 Corrola

I Have Ae100 Corolla, Ps oil is leaking please recommend me some good mechanic from where i can get it check and please tell me that i should get it repaired or replace with kabuli.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Fahad.Ayub View Post
    Sorry for digging an old post but where in khi can I get my cars steering rack repaired
    Many Shops In Radio Pakistan Market Repair And Put New Steering Rack Seals ..However You Need To Find The Good One ..

I Don't Know Any Specific Name In This Regards.. A Good Steering Rack Job Require A Precise Work In Order To Put Seals Back W.o

Damaging Them
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    Many Shops In Radio Pakistan Market Repair And Put New Steering Rack Seals ..However You Need To Find The Good One ..

I Don't Know Any Specific Name In This Regards.. A Good Steering Rack Job Require A Precise Work In Order To Put Seals Back W.o

Damaging Them
    Is there any EPS replacement for the conventional hydraulic steering. My friend had a Corolla and its steering oil kept leaking no matter how many times he changed the "Kanghee", hydraulic lines and Pump.
    I'm not afraid of the Devil,I date his sister

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saadabdulrahim View Post
    Is there any EPS replacement for the conventional hydraulic steering. My friend had a Corolla and its steering oil kept leaking no matter how many times he changed the "Kanghee", hydraulic lines and Pump.
    I Guess Not....Unless Its Some Custom Fitted Setup....!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saadabdulrahim View Post
    his mechanic or technician is either severely inexperienced or extremely useless, the power steering system in a toyota corolla is extremely easy. And about replacing the seals in the rack. I have done it - it takes common sense approach and a few special tools which are very cheap too.

special tools required are

1 - super long awl to pull out center seal
    2 - cut up 1.5 litre pepsi bottle to install center seal

rest is common sense approach and some assembly lube like vaseline or STP engine oil additive.

the return line are simple low pressure lines (if leaking then replace with correct hydraulic purpose pipe, not regular rubber pipe) The pressure line is crimped and can be redone if required. Use ATF in the power steering system and bleed out all air. It will work nicely and sweetly.

Throwing junkyard racks at a car to make it work is downright funny and comical. Find better mechanics (they will be expensive than your regular one) and follow correct repair procedure. If you work on the principle of shooting parts at your car then buy a brand new rack from toyota.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by manii009 View Post
    aslam alikum Zulfiqar bhai. There is wining noise when i turn the wheel to lock left and lock right. its like wieeeeeeeeeeeeeennnn type of sound. also it happens that when the car is on its idle state, and i turn the steering the car accelerates like the rpm grows(standing idle). there is no leak from the pump uptill now Allhumdillah. but these two issues is making me think that i should go for a pump change. That is my main concern.

Yesterday a new issue was observed so i took the matter into my own hands. There was a feeling that the water is not circulating in the radiator. so i drained the water from the knob below. but the below pipe from radiator going into the engine is rusted. like on the metal pipe on which the rubber pipe is connected. Anyhow i took out the radiator serviced and put it back. also for the leaking i saw that there was a loose pipe end from the reserviour.

moaning power steering pump usually means two things.

1 - air in the oil
    2 - pump is starved of oil

if the pump is starving the usual culprit is the power steering oil tank internal filter screen clogged with debris or leaking intake pipe to the pump.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List