0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default which is best engine oil for Corolla 1999

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh
    Dear members,
    I have just joined this forum. And wanted to ask you a question as I am not an expert in automotives...

I have Corolla 1999/2000 model. It is driven around 145xxx KMs... so just wanted to ask that which engine oil is best for it. I was using shell CNG gallon, then changed to PSO CNG blue gallon...
    However, I heard that mobil1 is good as it costs aroun 2500 and to be changed after around 6K KMs...
    others also consider ZIC better.... so I am confused and wanted to have some expert advise for best engine oil Corolla 1999/2000.
    Please guide the best and 'most economical one'...
    I am thankful and looking forward to expert advises.
    P.S. I live in Lahore.

Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Waiting for expert opinion!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. How much oil does your car consume?
    2. Does your car give blue smoke on starting or accelerating?

If car consumes oil or gives blue smoke then use 20w50 oil - shell's own will do.
    If not then continue using hx5, or if you want 5-7k change interval then a good oil filter coupled with hx7 or any other synthetic oil in your price range.
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 1stranger View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh
    Dear members,
    I have just joined this forum. And wanted to ask you a question as I am not an expert in automotives...

I have Corolla 1999/2000 model. It is driven around 145xxx KMs... so just wanted to ask that which engine oil is best for it. I was using shell CNG gallon, then changed to PSO CNG blue gallon...
    However, I heard that mobil1 is good as it costs aroun 2500 and to be changed after around 6K KMs...
    others also consider ZIC better.... so I am confused and wanted to have some expert advise for best engine oil Corolla 1999/2000.
    Please guide the best and 'most economical one'...
    I am thankful and looking forward to expert advises.
    P.S. I live in Lahore.

Regards
    Ideal would be 5W30 as advised by Toyota.
    But as the engine is old, so best choice can be

First choice 10W-30 (Toyota tin pack)
    2nd choice 10w-40 (Zic A)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for castrol.magnetec 10w40

Sent from my GT-I9105 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Caltex Delo Gold Ultra 15W40

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A Civic Vtec of that era was supposed to use 5w 30 semi-synthetic or fully synthetic. This car would probably need something similar. API rating SN would be best. Don't go lower than SJ.
    If it burns oil, please get the engine overhauled, instead of a stopgap method like using 20w 50.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Owned indus 2000 for 6 years i used

ZIC a+ , shell blue one, mobil, castrol, but what i observed is after 2000km i definitely had to flush and change oil, and parallel to this in mid checkup i often found level of oil to be minimized. Ive gone through zic for multiple time but being honest these mentioned oil didn't made me or my car satisfied.

any how once i took my car to defence motors for complete checkup (which cost a lot on my pocket) and there after a lot insist of my friend (who used to work there) i switched to Petron 20-50. well i can feel the difference that car engine was pretty much smooth and my ride felt much better comparatively. well after 2000km i went back to Toyota purchased all things which i used to change on every oil change which was (oil, oil filter, air filter) came to my mechanic for flushing and found that oil level was up-till mark color was still pretty fine,,,,,than my my friend (who used to work there) told me that it will give me 5000km. well from that insticnt till i sold my car (duration of 5 years) i used Petron with flawless satisfaction.

this was my 2-cents of experience no offense to other brands....but m still using petron for my other cars.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by afatifa View Post
    Owned indus 2000 for 6 years i used

ZIC a+ , shell blue one, mobil, castrol, but what i observed is after 2000km i definitely had to flush and change oil, and parallel to this in mid checkup i often found level of oil to be minimized. Ive gone through zic for multiple time but being honest these mentioned oil didn't made me or my car satisfied.

any how once i took my car to defence motors for complete checkup (which cost a lot on my pocket) and there after a lot insist of my friend (who used to work there) i switched to Petron 20-50. well i can feel the difference that car engine was pretty much smooth and my ride felt much better comparatively. well after 2000km i went back to Toyota purchased all things which i used to change on every oil change which was (oil, oil filter, air filter) came to my mechanic for flushing and found that oil level was up-till mark color was still pretty fine,,,,,than my my friend (who used to work there) told me that it will give me 5000km. well from that insticnt till i sold my car (duration of 5 years) i used Petron with flawless satisfaction.

this was my 2-cents of experience no offense to other brands....but m still using petron for my other cars.
    Sir G. What I feel that its NOT good choice of using Zic A+ (5w-20) for Corolla 2000.
    I know some of my friends using it even in 125 bikes and said they are ok with it.
    But zic a+ is too thin for corolla, Honda or Suzuki.
    Manual of Rolla recommends to use 5-30 oil in winter and 10-30 in summar. This is what they are recommending for new cars.

BTW, if we will feed petron 20w-50 to the engine which actually requires 0w-20, it will increase the car pick up like never before.
    But technically its not recommended to use thicker oils unless certain conditions.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We've had indus corolla since year 2000 (its 95 model). Used many oils.
    1. True synthetic oils smoke less than mineral oils, despite being less viscous.
    2. No matter which oil, if an engine is worn-out, it'll consume more oil if oil is thin (eg. 0w-20 or 5w-30), and it'll consume less oil if oil is viscous (eg. 10w-40 or 20w-50).

Was using shell's hx5 10w-40 since they shifted the 10w-40 hx7 to 5w-30 viscosity. Today I flushed car engine with liqui moly's flush, filled her up with shell's Hx7 (5w-30 blue pack), along with a can of liqui moly's motor oil saver.
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir please share here your experience after using liquid moly's engine flush. because am going to use it very soon too. how it feels before/after using engine flush. what effects? fuel consumption? noise? pick up? etc.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Be careful about the place you purchase the oil from, as if its the corner oil shop then you might think you are pouring in caltex / zic / shell or whatever but in actual its gul khan oil :-)
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    sir please share here your experience after using liquid moly's engine flush. because am going to use it very soon too. how it feels before/after using engine flush. what effects? fuel consumption? noise? pick up? etc.
    Its too early to say what the exact effects might be. Also, I didn't use the same oil as I was using before the flush (before hx5, now hx7), and then I'm also using motor oil saver (engine oil additive), so the results could be due to any of these, or all of these.

My engine was pretty clean to begin with:

which is best engine oil for Corolla 1999 -1509963

So I used 2/3rd of the LM engine flush and idled for approx. 10-15mins (didn't time it exact, should have!).
    After flush, oil change+additive, I feel engine is more responsive, idles with slightly less vibrations (or should I say less & less erratic vibrations).

There is no exhaust smoke (as of last two days) which was there after I started using the yellow box HX5. I guess HX7 really is a better formulation. Oil check at a 1000kms or later will tell for real.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks all for your valuable comments... and sorry for the delayed response...
    Well I chamged the oil and used this time Mobil Special 20w 50.

Its limit is 4k... lets see how it performs...
    By the way, do I need to change oil filter in betwwen this 4k period? Because previously I used to change oil and filter on or around 2500 kms.

Regards

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List