1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Jerk problem in 1.6 Altis 2011

I own a Toyota Altis 1.6 (2011) manual transmission and have done 44000 Kms. It has been running very fine but now has developed a serious problem in the first gear specially when it is about to move from a standstill. The car gives a du... du.. du.. sounds and the whole body jerks for about 4-5 seconds. Its fine in rest of the gears. I went to Toyota Frontier and I was shocked to hear when the service manager told me that the clutch plate and the pressure plate of the vehicle has been slightly dislocated and needs to be replaced as its irreparable, costing about Rs. 25000/- including labour. I told him that both the plates are working fine and I am getting good response from the car when I press the accelerator plus the car has not been hit from any side, so there is no question of dislocating the plates.
    Can you guys help me on the issue that how is it possible that the plates get dislocated? Secondly if its not the problem with the clutch and pressure plates, what could be the possible reason for this jerks?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It also happens to my honda city 99... It is normal to me when leave pedal at low speed and sometimes when low rpm and that tuk tyk sound is rngine mount sound that bearing engine jerks .... My car accelerates v well

I think its normal

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MIKHAN83 View Post
    I own a Toyota Altis 1.6 (2011) manual transmission and have done 44000 Kms. It has been running very fine but now has developed a serious problem in the first gear specially when it is about to move from a standstill. The car gives a du... du.. du.. sounds and the whole body jerks for about 4-5 seconds. Its fine in rest of the gears. I went to Toyota Frontier and I was shocked to hear when the service manager told me that the clutch plate and the pressure plate of the vehicle has been slightly dislocated and needs to be replaced as its irreparable, costing about Rs. 25000/- including labour. I told him that both the plates are working fine and I am getting good response from the car when I press the accelerator plus the car has not been hit from any side, so there is no question of dislocating the plates.
    Can you guys help me on the issue that how is it possible that the plates get dislocated? Secondly if its not the problem with the clutch and pressure plates, what could be the possible reason for this jerks?
    Yes,it is true,this problem is happening being slippage of clutch plate at the time of start up due to heavy torque.It might be because of scored surface of flywheel /pressure plate,loose bolts of pressure plate.
    Get this job done by any good mechanic and all this job will be done at about Rs,10,000.
    Never loose hope in life,every step gives u something.

4. 11-12-2014, 11:25 AM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

guys what is the fuel consumption of Altis 1.6 AT...I really wanna know

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default i face this problem too, but less serious

Brothers I own a manual Altis 1.6 2012 too. Good Car Masha Allah but the the clutch gets very stiff after driving for a few minutes. Sometimes the finger does not sit properly on the plate I guess and gear gets stuck...there is vibration due to that too sometimes in the 1st 2nd gear...I also got to hear that clutch can't be repaired and has to be replaced...This is total foulplay...Kindly suggest a good mechanic , I am sure that it can be fixed.
    msg me on 03006034276...
    Hassan Naveed Cheema Lahore.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers