Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Toyota corolla 40000km maintenance query.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota corolla 40000km maintenance query.

Hey everyone. I am about to be reaching the 40000km mileage on odo of my gli 2012. During my visit last week for alignment and balancing after new yokohama advan db tyres purchase, they gave me this estimate for next visit.
    How many of you have really gone for it. And especially the labour charges.
    Why dont I buy the parts from them like lube oil,fuel filter,gear oil n brake oil and get it changed myself. I got the throttle body and spark plugs changed at 35000km.
    Plz help.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro im owning to Corolla's and im maintenance freak , an honest suggestion for u is to keep the list of parts & lubes with u , go to Khurshid Autos Montgomery Road basment of Kamal Autos i personally know them as they r my clients, .........no doubt abt any product genuineness/ counterfeit, u would definitely save 15 to 20K that's my guarantee, and after getting the parts frm Market you would go to any Toyota 3S workshop

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a very good suggestion by @loveburger. they are over charging. take this list and get the work done yourself.
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

F1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have exactly the same listings laying in my cars glove box.They are looters absolutely nothing more then that. There are many genuine parts shops on montgomery road who supplies every quality of parts so theres nothing to be worried upon .
    Godzilla under the Hood !!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

r they kidding u
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yup this is what it is, the 40k check up usually some of these are not done like brake pads because they are mostly in good health
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ Even if they are done, 18 hazar kay to original disc pads nahe hain na corolla 10th k. Max 6,7 hazar ka OEM set milta hai Pindi saddar se.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks everyone for the quick input. I myself am too much into genuine parts. So what you all are saying is that I will get the same fuel filter from Montgomery road which is available at 3s dealerships. Exactly the same with no difference. And same question for other parts. I want the same quality stuff. Thats my only concern.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For all my cars, I keep the maintenance list with me and buy it from a reputable shop. Items are same quality as 3S dealerships. This saves A LOT of money.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What engine oil are they using?
    Toyota Islamabad Motors only uses the old 20w50 which was used in carby cars and thereby I have cancelled all plans to maintain our GLi AT from the 3S dealership.
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well brother if u want to get the exact service done as they tell u.....up to u as it is your money.....just as an example.....our Corolla's go to Walton Motors too and at every service they tell us to get this done or that done......but we never follow their schedule....my brothers 2011 Gli 97000 kms on the odo (he works in Islamabad and comes to Lahore every weekend through Motorway so that is why high Kms) has been going to Walton.....till now we only get oil change after every 5000 kms....we have had the spark plugs changed thrice and throttle body serviced twice....nothing in addition to it..my fathers 2010 Gli 32000 kms on the odo also goes to Walton Motors...only oil changed up till now after every 4000 kms...spark plug changed only once and no throttle body service as yet....working all good....my fathers previous 2004 Gli had 115000 kms on the odo when sold in 2010....it also visited Walton Motors only for oil change and spark plugs.....never went by their service schedule and nothing went wrong ever....in my opinion the most u shud do is get all the sensors checked, brake serviced, oil + filter change at 40000 kms and thats about it....last time I was there a couple of weeks ago, they were offering sth for 1500 Rs where they check all the sensors, injectors, ECU, brakes and check all the nuts and bolts so to speak....just get this thing done only...why spend so much when it is not needed and when the car is working fine....if u are driving your car, u can judge when your car is behaving differently
    we ride together......we die together.......BAD BOYS 4 LIFE!!!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would suggest you to get all of this work done from outside. Put Castrol 5W30 oil 3000Rs. Oil filter 750Rs. Spark Plugs Rs 1700
    Toyota brake oil Rs 1000 Toyota gear oil Rs 2000. Brake pads both front and rear Rs 10000. Labour from any good workshop would be 2000-2500 maximum. Total: Rs 20200 or round it to Rs 25000.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    What engine oil are they using?
    Toyota Islamabad Motors only uses the old 20w50 which was used in carby cars and thereby I have cancelled all plans to maintain our GLi AT from the 3S dealership.
    Well. They have different variants available. Petron 20/50 and petron 10/30 also came now.
    I always get the made in japan tin pack 10/30 from dealerships with genuine filter. The oil costs around 3500 If I can recall right. But goes well for 5000km.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umarsaryar View Post
    well brother if u want to get the exact service done as they tell u.....up to u as it is your money.....just as an example.....our Corolla's go to Walton Motors too and at every service they tell us to get this done or that done......but we never follow their schedule....my brothers 2011 Gli 97000 kms on the odo (he works in Islamabad and comes to Lahore every weekend through Motorway so that is why high Kms) has been going to Walton.....till now we only get oil change after every 5000 kms....we have had the spark plugs changed thrice and throttle body serviced twice....nothing in addition to it..my fathers 2010 Gli 32000 kms on the odo also goes to Walton Motors...only oil changed up till now after every 4000 kms...spark plug changed only once and no throttle body service as yet....working all good....my fathers previous 2004 Gli had 115000 kms on the odo when sold in 2010....it also visited Walton Motors only for oil change and spark plugs.....never went by their service schedule and nothing went wrong ever....in my opinion the most u shud do is get all the sensors checked, brake serviced, oil + filter change at 40000 kms and thats about it....last time I was there a couple of weeks ago, they were offering sth for 1500 Rs where they check all the sensors, injectors, ECU, brakes and check all the nuts and bolts so to speak....just get this thing done only...why spend so much when it is not needed and when the car is working fine....if u are driving your car, u can judge when your car is behaving differently
    No doubt. You are right. I dont know why gear oil and fuel filter and brake oil needs changing at 40000km. May be someone can guide us better for it. But even my dad says the same ke the more u fiddle with car every now n then the more mess its going to become. Hehe

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by invincible_doc View Post
    No doubt. You are right. I dont know why gear oil and fuel filter and brake oil needs changing at 40000km. May be someone can guide us better for it. But even my dad says the same ke the more u fiddle with car every now n then the more mess its going to become. Hehe
    I guess its more to do with fixing the stuff before sth goes wrong...strategy these car companies adopt overseas....was in Australia for a few years and over there u have to get log books service done if u go to a dealer.....u cannot opt for only changing engine oil and filter...changing stuff when not needed and it costs a lot to get log book service done.....u get the reward of selling the car easily as the service history is up to date....but had bought cars without any service record with over two lakh kms and never had any issues with the car...have taken them on 1500 kms non stop trips and the car never stopped in the middle of the road......I have read somewhere that brake oil should be changed after every hundred thousand kms or 3 years to prevent the oil from becoming rubbery....same with engine coolant that it turns jelly.....but one of my uncle recently sold his 2007 Gli with 220000 kms without ever changing the brake oil or engine coolant.....engine was still in seals and never opened......point is...if it ain't broke, don't fix it :-)
    we ride together......we die together.......BAD BOYS 4 LIFE!!!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For brake pads 3s quoted me 10500 open market 5800rs and irradium plugs 11500 open market 950 each
    Boy Badnam hua LIANA tery liya

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If sure about original parts buy from outside

Sent via TapaTalk
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You know why my Dec 2004 xli sold for 1.1 million rupees in Jan 2015. Because I had complete file and receipts of maintenance by 3S. It was 134,000 kms driven.

Sent via TapaTalk
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hasooboy View Post
    For brake pads 3s quoted me 10500 open market 5800rs and irradium plugs 11500 open market 950 each
    I went to montgomery road today. And after 3 hrs survey reached the conclusion that toyota brakes being sold as genuine with part no 02220 japanese priced at 5300 Rs are fake. I took one brake pad from that shop to toyota shaheen motors after depositing security of 3000 Rs with the shop and they clearly said that look at the finish urself. And it was indeed rough. And moreover the company discontinued this part no 02220 2 years ago and has been replaced with this one.

So the thing is I will go for 3s dealership buying of the brakes inshAllah in coming weeks.
    And these are made in thailand.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers