0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default corolla GLI 2012 model

Hi experts i need your views on one of the problems which i am facing for the last few months. i have corolla GLI 2012 model. The car is only 26000 driven and the disc pads are original and not changed. The problem is a "tik tik" sound that comes from left front wheel. The sound is linked with braking. it mostly comes on very slow speed when i reverse the car and apply brake the sounds comes. when paddle is pressed the sound comes and when released it goes off. the sound is frequent and it is not constant. i showed it to one of the mechanics and he said that alignment of wheel disc (called Tava in local mechanic language) is not ok and when paddle is pressed it moves the disc pads up and down causing the tik sound. but if tava is not properly aligned then there should deep scratches in disc pads which i have not found. can any one tell me what can be the actual reason for this sound. or can it because of the brake clipper. May be the issue is with brake clipper that causes this sound. but the pins of brake clipper are also ok. there movement is perfect.

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You need a copper based grease to put between the pads (where the steel strips are) and the callipers - this will takeaway all noises.
    Remove the brakes, give them a good clean, and reassemble but cover all contact areas with a thin layer of high temp resistant copper based grease. Our mechanics (also the authorised dealers) use ordinary grease, which melts away with high braking temperature, and this is what causes this annoying noise and this is more common with Toyota calipers due to design.
    Hope this will help.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Many thanks bro. Now i remember this same sound came from front right wheel of corolla few months back. That sound used to come on slow braking while driving. Went to Toyota Rawal motors and their foreman said this is the problem with Toyota front brakes only. after greasing that sound never came again. i did the same with left wheel. The discs were cleaned using sand paper and the calliper pins were greased but i did not greased the steel strips that are attached with disc pads. you're taking about those strips right ? They are on the outer side of the calliper. These are double thin steel strips that are attached with the disc pads. many thanks for the tip. will look for copper based grease. Do you the name of any good copper based grease which u have been using. if possible can you whats app the pictures of the box. My number is 0300 5317824.

Quote Originally Posted by ushafiq78 View Post
    You need a copper based grease to put between the pads (where the steel strips are) and the callipers - this will takeaway all noises.
    Remove the brakes, give them a good clean, and reassemble but cover all contact areas with a thin layer of high temp resistant copper based grease. Our mechanics (also the authorised dealers) use ordinary grease, which melts away with high braking temperature, and this is what causes this annoying noise and this is more common with Toyota calipers due to design.
    Hope this will help.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List