5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suggestions for engine swap into 1976 Corolla

I have a 1976 Corolla whose 3K engine is on the way to being overhauled. I am inclining towards swapping the engine to a modern EFI engine to get more power from the engine. I have a few questions:

1- What engine is best for swap? I am more interested into minimal modifications. I know that 7K would be bolt on fit, but it is a truck engine and on paper there is not a huge power difference between 3K and 7K

2- I had initially planned to put in 3SFE as it was available in rear wheel drive, but it needed new mounting plates to be installed. I decided against it as I have seen a few engine swap with mounting plates that transfer a bit of vibration into the body. Somebody said 4SFE would not need mounting plates and would sit on the same mounts. I don't agree to this as it is from the S series family and should have the same mounts as a 3S thus needing mounting plates? Correct me if I am wrong

3- What about swapping a 4AGE? Any pros and cons for this engine. The fuel quality in Pakistan is not good so how to run it effectively here

4- What if I stay with the current engine, how can I increase the power to a decent level? Don't want a drag car, just want something that can be used occasionally with minimum problems and has a bit of power when needed

Would welcome any suggestions in this regard
    we ride together......we die together.......BAD BOYS 4 LIFE!!!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I heard that someone tried to swap 4AFE in ke 70 don't know what was the result

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i had da same car..the best to go for is 4age BT.. but if u dont wana go tht range and want a car which is daily drivable with improved power than ur current 3k..go for 7k..i have used it n da same car and its trouble free.secondly there,s hell of difference between 3k nd 7k wrt power output...i have a video of it on youtube ,( 0 to 60mph) ..its with da same i.d.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dr_azhar86 View Post
    i had da same car..the best to go for is 4age BT.. but if u dont wana go tht range and want a car which is daily drivable with improved power than ur current 3k..go for 7k..i have used it n da same car and its trouble free.secondly there,s hell of difference between 3k nd 7k wrt power output...i have a video of it on youtube ,( 0 to 60mph) ..its with da same i.d.
    wud definately have a look......regrading 4AGE....is it a bolt on?????....and how much is the power difference between 3K and 7K in your experiance....what I read was that 7K was used in small trucks and there is not a huge power difference between 3K and 7K on paper

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umarsaryar View Post
    wud definately have a look......regrading 4AGE....is it a bolt on?????....and how much is the power difference between 3K and 7K in your experiance....what I read was that 7K was used in small trucks and there is not a huge power difference between 3K and 7K on paper
    Not a huge power difference between a 3K and a 7K, it's the torque and how early it comes that counts. I have a 4A-GE BT for sale, pristine engine, PM me for details.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by supraman2jz View Post
    Not a huge power difference between a 3K and a 7K, it's the torque and how early it comes that counts. I have a 4A-GE BT for sale, pristine engine, PM me for details.
    the only thing keeping me away from a 4AGE is that it wud not b a bolt on fit....otherwise I love this engine...had a 4AGE Corolla Seca in Australia and it was a thrill to drive.......I have seen the ad for yur engine and they dont come any cleaner than the one u have,..the only problem I am seeing is that u are in Karachi and I am in Lahore......the thing is that my dad bought this car new in December 1976 so it has been around for a long time, thus wanted an engine that is bolt on fit and is also an EFI.....if not, I might stick with the current 3K

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umarsaryar View Post
    the only thing keeping me away from a 4AGE is that it wud not b a bolt on fit....otherwise I love this engine...had a 4AGE Corolla Seca in Australia and it was a thrill to drive.......I have seen the ad for yur engine and they dont come any cleaner than the one u have,..the only problem I am seeing is that u are in Karachi and I am in Lahore......the thing is that my dad bought this car new in December 1976 so it has been around for a long time, thus wanted an engine that is bolt on fit and is also an EFI.....if not, I might stick with the current 3K
    Then get a 7K-E with a K50 trans. That would be adequate for your needs.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List