Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tintin1

Thread: Best Engine Oil for Toyota Corolla 2.0D

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassan918's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Best Engine Oil for Toyota Corolla 2.0D

    I recently had Corolla 2.0D Model 2000 and I am looking to know what is the best engine oil for it. Also what about the filters, which one should I go for and what should be the gap in changing oil and filters.

    Thanks.


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    usman_arooq2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sialkot
    Posts
    1,437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassan918 View Post
    I recently had Corolla 2.0D Model 2000 and I am looking to know what is the best engine oil for it. Also what about the filters, which one should I go for and what should be the gap in changing oil and filters.

    Thanks.
    delo gold, 5000km for normal driving
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,548
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    delo gold

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    akash190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kharian
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,399
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Use caltex delo gold and change after 3000km with oil filter and see if air filter can be clean if not get new
    A real driver knows exactly what's in his car.

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,829
    Follows
    7
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassan918 View Post
    I recently had Corolla 2.0D Model 2000 and I am looking to know what is the best engine oil for it. Also what about the filters, which one should I go for and what should be the gap in changing oil and filters.

    Thanks.
    In the manual (on page 282 of Corolla) its mentioned that
    For Diesel Engine: G-DLD-1, API CF-4, CF, 5W-30 and 10W-30

    So if the engine is healthy, then the ideal choice would Toyota's Tin Pack oil for Diesel. Its CF and viscosity is 10w-30.
    It comes in 4L & 6L packing. 2C engine takes 5.1L alongwith filter cap. So you may try to find this oil in 6L packing. Change interval 4K.

    Second choice, ZIC 5000. This oil is 10w-40 and meets CI-4 which is latest for diesel engines and is more towards fuel efficiency. Its change interval as 4000km is fine. Some people go for 5~6K on this oil.

    Third Choice, Delo Gold (15W-40).

    IMHO
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassan918's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    In the manual (on page 282 of Corolla) its mentioned that
    For Diesel Engine: G-DLD-1, API CF-4, CF, 5W-30 and 10W-30

    So if the engine is healthy, then the ideal choice would Toyota's Tin Pack oil for Diesel. Its CF and viscosity is 10w-30.
    It comes in 4L & 6L packing. 2C engine takes 5.1L alongwith filter cap. So you may try to find this oil in 6L packing. Change interval 4K.

    Second choice, ZIC 5000. This oil is 10w-40 and meets CI-4 which is latest for diesel engines and is more towards fuel efficiency. Its change interval as 4000km is fine. Some people go for 5~6K on this oil.

    Third Choice, Delo Gold (15W-40).

    IMHO
    Thanks and what about the filters ?

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    nawan885's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    36
    Posts
    600
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have used Toyota tin pack 5w30. Good pic.. sound less engine. But expensive then delo and cost about 800/L. Used to change after 3000km. Recently used petron which is thick oil and produces increased engine sound but give more fuel economy then tin pack.. but u need yo change earlier. . Filter I used is guard filter
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,829
    Follows
    7
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassan918 View Post
    Thanks and what about the filters ?
    That would be totally your choice.
    Some people are using Guard and Satisfied.
    Some rich or sensitive fellas using OEM's filters and Satisfied.
    And some poor guys like me using Leppon's filters and are more than satisfied.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,829
    Follows
    7
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    I have used Toyota tin pack 5w30. Good pic.. sound less engine. But expensive then delo and cost about 800/L. Used to change after 3000km. Recently used petron which is thick oil and produces increased engine sound but give more fuel economy then tin pack.. but u need yo change earlier. . Filter I used is guard filter
    Sir if your vehicle is also diesel, then using engine oils which are solely for Diesel Engines would be more ideal for it like Delo. Or lets say the first priority should be for Diesel Engines Oils.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassan918's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    That would be totally your choice.
    Some people are using Guard and Satisfied.
    Some rich or sensitive fellas using OEM's filters and Satisfied.
    And some poor guys like me using Leppon's filters and are more than satisfied.
    hehehe, thanks brother

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •