Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Khurram26
  • 4 Post By Xulfiqar

Thread: conversion of Toyota gli manual 2010 into automatic transmission

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    arcane3888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default conversion of Toyota gli manual 2010 into automatic transmission

    hi dudes
    i have toyota corolla gli manual 2010 only 20000km driven n i wanted to switch over to toyota altis automatic
    but one of my friend advised me to change auto transmission of gear box of automatic 1.6 gli 2010 to 2012 n brake n clutch n problem will be solved
    or change the gear box with new gli automatic 1300 from corolla indus as the engine is same
    i have seen one Suzuki Liana manual changed into automatic by my friend
    i don believe it that only gear box will modify the manual transmission to auto
    please guide me experts im very much confused n ......


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    Khurram26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    You will have to get a japanese Automatic Transmission from a 2NZ FE VVTi and its A/T ECU as well. The clutch pedal will have to be removed and a wider brake pedal will have to be installed. The clutch hudraulic cylinder opening in the firewall will have to be closed and you will require the original gear shift lever and steering lock solenoid. The speedo will have to be changed most probably with one from an auto altis or auto GLi..but im not too sure if it will be compatible without any alteration or not.
    It is not a small conversion. The pakistani 1.3 in 2010 didnt come with an auto transmission. 1.6 auto has a different engine, and the japanese 1.3 is the same engine but since it is JDM its engine management and emission control are totally different. So theres practically nothing that can be bolted on to your car that can be called its original setup.
    As far as the new 1.3 auto is concerned it would take at least 2-3 years before its parts hit the used parts market.
    My strong recommendation: drive your car as it is. Transmission change is not worth it.

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Fahad.Ayub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,957
    Follows
    3
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    it would be a hassle to change the transmission
    why not sell your car and get an A/T Altis or gli 1.6 Axio is another option

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    arcane3888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khurram26 View Post
    you will have to get a japanese automatic transmission from a 2nz fe vvti and its a/t ecu as well. The clutch pedal will have to be removed and a wider brake pedal will have to be installed. The clutch hudraulic cylinder opening in the firewall will have to be closed and you will require the original gear shift lever and steering lock solenoid. The speedo will have to be changed most probably with one from an auto altis or auto gli..but im not too sure if it will be compatible without any alteration or not.
    It is not a small conversion. The pakistani 1.3 in 2010 didnt come with an auto transmission. 1.6 auto has a different engine, and the japanese 1.3 is the same engine but since it is jdm its engine management and emission control are totally different. So theres practically nothing that can be bolted on to your car that can be called its original setup.
    As far as the new 1.3 auto is concerned it would take at least 2-3 years before its parts hit the used parts market.
    My strong recommendation: Drive your car as it is. Transmission change is not worth it.
    thanks man but 2o11 gli 1.6 odo meter is the same n what if auto gear box 1.3 gli will be availabe at toyota motors

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    Khurram26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcane3888 View Post
    thanks man but 2o11 gli 1.6 odo meter is the same n what if auto gear box 1.3 gli will be availabe at toyota motors
    The gli one has the Eco indicator light which yours doesn't have.
    If 1.3 gearbox is available at toyota it will be at least for Rs. 150000/-

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    arcane3888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khurram26 View Post
    the gli one has the eco indicator light which yours doesn't have.
    If 1.3 gearbox is available at toyota it will be at least for rs. 150000/-
    price s not the matter actually 5 gear manual n 4 automatic how it can be changed n where the clutch plates would go

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    KamranAslam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    14,245
    Follows
    3
    Following
    7
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    9
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khurram26 View Post
    You will have to get a japanese Automatic Transmission from a 2NZ FE VVTi and its A/T ECU as well. The clutch pedal will have to be removed and a wider brake pedal will have to be installed. The clutch hudraulic cylinder opening in the firewall will have to be closed and you will require the original gear shift lever and steering lock solenoid. The speedo will have to be changed most probably with one from an auto altis or auto GLi..but im not too sure if it will be compatible without any alteration or not.
    It is not a small conversion. The pakistani 1.3 in 2010 didnt come with an auto transmission. 1.6 auto has a different engine, and the japanese 1.3 is the same engine but since it is JDM its engine management and emission control are totally different. So theres practically nothing that can be bolted on to your car that can be called its original setup.
    As far as the new 1.3 auto is concerned it would take at least 2-3 years before its parts hit the used parts market.
    My strong recommendation: drive your car as it is. Transmission change is not worth it.

    A Worthy Suggestion.
    @arcane3888 :Better sell this one and get the one with Factory Fitted Auto Transmission.
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand..

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,399
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcane3888 View Post
    price s not the matter actually 5 gear manual n 4 automatic how it can be changed n where the clutch plates would go
    the clutches in an automatic transmission are inside the transmission assembled in packs, a total of 4 packs and about a total of (if I recall correctly) 16 clutch friction plates.

    the manual single friction plate on the flywheel is not going to be used in the auto.

    To convert a newer manual corolla to auto you would need to buy

    1 - ECU + wiring (yes wiring too - because the transmission is electric shift and the ECU controls its shifting)
    2 - Transmission + torque converter + flex plate + complete axle shafts
    3 - Engine mount for transmission
    4 - Radiator with transmission cooler
    5 - Shifter assembly
    6 - Pedal assembly for automatic
    7 - Shift select cable for selector
    8 - 8 or 10 litres of toyota ATF.

    Once you have the above - you can then get to swapping the manual to automatic, It would also require a mechanic/technician who actually knows what he's looking at. Its not a simple job that you can just go to any shop and request. Whoever undertakes this job will not be cheap either as the toyo electric shift gearbox with partial lockup torque converter is slightly a PITA to work out.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    arcane3888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    the clutches in an automatic transmission are inside the transmission assembled in packs, a total of 4 packs and about a total of (if I recall correctly) 16 clutch friction plates.

    the manual single friction plate on the flywheel is not going to be used in the auto.

    To convert a newer manual corolla to auto you would need to buy

    1 - ECU + wiring (yes wiring too - because the transmission is electric shift and the ECU controls its shifting)
    2 - Transmission + torque converter + flex plate + complete axle shafts
    3 - Engine mount for transmission
    4 - Radiator with transmission cooler
    5 - Shifter assembly
    6 - Pedal assembly for automatic
    7 - Shift select cable for selector
    8 - 8 or 10 litres of toyota ATF.

    Once you have the above - you can then get to swapping the manual to automatic, It would also require a mechanic/technician who actually knows what he's looking at. Its not a simple job that you can just go to any shop and request. Whoever undertakes this job will not be cheap either as the toyo electric shift gearbox with partial lockup torque converter is slightly a PITA to work out.
    great job man
    realy impressed by ur knowledge
    problem solved i m getting rid of this idea
    stock transmission is best

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •