Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: best mobil oil for Se Saloon 1.6 Manual

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    arsilmirza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    24
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Exclamation best mobil oil for Se Saloon 1.6 Manual

    i want to know which mobil oil is best for Se Saloon 1.6 Manual transmission.... And how much needed???? 3.7 or 4 litere???

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassaaniqbal92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    870
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Use caltex havoline formula 10w30 and its 3.7 litres

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    saeedmagsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Quetta
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I am using shell helix hx7 5w30 in my se saloon. It is giving me good average and smooth running of the engine and 3.7 litres are needed.

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    arsilmirza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    24
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saeedmagsi View Post
    I am using shell helix hx7 5w30 in my se saloon. It is giving me good average and smooth running of the engine and 3.7 litres are needed.
    What is fuel average of your Se Saloon?
    And what is special
    In 5w30 grade Mobil Oil ? Why should you not go for 20w50???

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    arsilmirza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    24
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassaaniqbal92 View Post
    Use caltex havoline formula 10w30 and its 3.7 litres
    Is 10w30 grade better than 20w50????

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    ZainMahdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    928
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arsilmirza View Post
    Is 10w30 grade better than 20w50????
    20w-50 strains your engine, reduces power and economy, and doesn't flow well on cold starts. Unless you are rally racing in a middle eastern desert, your car doesn't need it. 10w-30 will be better.
    _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
    _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassaaniqbal92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    870
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arsilmirza View Post
    Is 10w30 grade better than 20w50????
    By all means. Use 20w50 if ur car reduces oil. what oil have u been pouring????

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    arsilmirza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    24
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    20w-50 strains your engine, reduces power and economy, and doesn't flow well on cold starts. Unless you are rally racing in a middle eastern desert, your car doesn't need it. 10w-30 will be better.
    And which company made best 10w30 grade??

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    arsilmirza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    24
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassaaniqbal92 View Post
    By all means. Use 20w50 if ur car reduces oil. what oil have u been pouring????
    BRO I HAVE well maintained Se Saloon 1.6 manual....Someone told me use synthetic oil for better performance ....
    I M using Zic HighFlow 20w50

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassaaniqbal92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    870
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arsilmirza View Post
    BRO I HAVE well maintained Se Saloon 1.6 manual....Someone told me use synthetic oil for better performance ....
    I M using Zic HighFlow 20w50
    just pour caltex havoline formula 10w30 and ur ride will perform far better in terms of fuel economy and acceleration

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    saeedmagsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Quetta
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arsilmirza View Post
    What is fuel average of your Se Saloon?
    And what is special
    In 5w30 grade Mobil Oil ? Why should you not go for 20w50???
    Dear my car is easily giving me 13kmpl in city drive. 5w30 is recommended in owners manual of the car. 20w50 is a thicker oil which will effect the fuel economy of your car.

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    arsilmirza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    24
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassaaniqbal92 View Post
    just pour caltex havoline formula 10w30 and ur ride will perform far better in terms of fuel economy and acceleration
    thanks For ur precious opinion and where to buy orignal havoline formula i mean most of the people said that a large no. of fake havoline is in the market.... where to buy I live In Multan?

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassaaniqbal92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    870
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arsilmirza View Post
    thanks For ur precious opinion and where to buy orignal havoline formula i mean most of the people said that a large no. of fake havoline is in the market.... where to buy I live In Multan?
    Any reputable caltex pump

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    arsilmirza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    24
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saeedmagsi View Post
    Dear my car is easily giving me 13kmpl in city drive. 5w30 is recommended in owners manual of the car. 20w50 is a thicker oil which will effect the fuel economy of your car.
    13kmpl is nice...i live in multan and is famous for deadly hot days in summer......Ma car with Ac give 12 kmpl in city

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassaaniqbal92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    870
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saeedmagsi View Post
    Dear my car is easily giving me 13kmpl in city drive. 5w30 is recommended in owners manual of the car. 20w50 is a thicker oil which will effect the fuel economy of your car.
    I totally agree k 5w30 is the recommended oil. But the poster has been using 20w50 , so I would suggest k he shifts gradually and easily. Sudden shifting from 20w50 (very thick) to 5w30 (very thin) can be risky. Just pour havoline formula 10w30 this time and use it till 4000 kms and observe the oil level in the morning in dead cold engine for level reduction. If no oil reduction till 4000 kms then shift to shell helix hx7 5w30 after that. If u witness any oil reduction, then tell us. we will recommend another solution

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    arsilmirza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    24
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassaaniqbal92 View Post
    Any reputable caltex pump
    Thanks Bro

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    arsilmirza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    24
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassaaniqbal92 View Post
    I totally agree k 5w30 is the recommended oil. But the poster has been using 20w50 , so I would suggest k he shifts gradually and easily. Sudden shifting from 20w50 (very thick) to 5w30 (very thin) can be risky. Just pour havoline formula 10w30 this time and use it till 4000 kms and observe the oil level in the morning in dead cold engine for level reduction. If no oil reduction till 4000 kms then shift to shell helix hx7 5w30 after that. If u witness any oil reduction, then tell us. we will recommend another solution
    Ok i try first 10w30 and after 4000 kms than i will shift to 5w30....Bro is 5w30 grade recomend by Company for Se Saloon
    ????

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassaaniqbal92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    870
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arsilmirza View Post
    Ok i try first 10w30 and after 4000 kms than i will shift to 5w30....Bro is 5w30 grade recomend by Company for Se Saloon
    ????
    Yes yes! I have seen the owners manual too. Till now just pour havoline 10-30. And keep informing me on pm.

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    arsilmirza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    24
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassaaniqbal92 View Post
    Yes yes! I have seen the owners manual too. Till now just pour havoline 10-30. And keep informing me on pm.
    Thanks Dear

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    ranajawad.tariq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    21
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @hassaaniqbal92
    I had also se saloon 2005 model i changed its oil to zic A+ 5w20 and my car decrease more then 1 liter after 4k km before this no oil decreasing problem the last owner was using havoline .now which oil should i use hovoline 10w40 or 20w50 ??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •