Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Corolla 2.0D Saloon Engine and Transmission problem.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Corolla 2.0D Saloon Engine and Transmission problem.

AOA members,

i have a corolla 2.0D saloon, 2003 which has started to create problems when i took it to Pakistan tour in January 2015, before that engine had no issue whatsoever and used to start normally in single glow time and single self.

few things to notice before i mention the problems are, CSD is operational and pump and nozzles are calibrated from Cummins PK and it is timed with dial gauge, fans are auto, valve clearances as per manual i.e. 0.28-0.30mm.

Engine problems:

1 - Cold Starting problem with missing, knocking and white smoke - [SOLVED post#25] - does not start when engine is cold and if push started it produces a lot of white smoke and knocking, before the tour i changed its glow plugs as old plugs were taking about 8,9 seconds to fully glow up while new ones were glowing in 6 seconds, cold start issue was initially because of a weak wire from battery to glow plugs, after changing the wire problem was slightly resolved and engine used to start after 3 glow timers but later on it totally refused to start irrespective of the glow timers.

my electrician took out the glow plugs for checking purpose and found oil on the 1st and 3rd glow plug from the pulley, i also feel that knocking sound i also from the 3rd cylinder or somewhere near it.

yesterday i checked the resistance of glow plugs and it was found to be 0.4-0.5 ohm of all four plugs so i again installed old glow plugs whose resistance was varying from 0.9-1.8 ohm and today morning i gave 3 glow timers and it started with 4,5 self and knocking was there but much reduced on old glow plugs.

2 - Starter motor - [SOLVED post#11] - Mechanics say that the starter motor is taking load and not rotating the engine at the speed it should to start it that's why the engine does not start in cold, i do agree with them to the extent that starter motor is somehow slow but it was starting the engine without any knocking n missing and still it starts the hot engine perfectly, now even if i push start it, engine misses and knocks on cold.

Gear problem:

- while i was on the tour, car's 5th gear suddenly came to the position between reverse and 5th just as i left accelerator, when engaged it again into 5th and left clutch there was some sound from the gear it again came between 5th and reverse so without taking any risk i drove it in 4th gear all the way to Karachi. now showed it to a gear mechanic n he said 'faag kat gai hai isski' and if i forcefully keep it in 5th while leaving clutch it'll work fine and the same happened, now i have to hold the gear while leaving clutch in 5th gear.

-speedometer sensor is installed in gear and its not working properly because original 'garari' of #32-27 is not available. when i cold start it the speedometer doesn't work, after a drive of around 5-7kms speedometer slowly starts working but does not show accurate speed like if i am driving on 60 speedometer will show 50 and if i keep the accelerator pressed speed needle stays constant on wrong speed while if i leave the accelerator the needle starts dancing between 10-20 when actual speed is 30, between 50-60 when actual speed is 70, etc

-gear gets hard if the ambient temperature is high or if driven with ac or the car is continuously driven on high rpm like when 5th gear wasn't being engaged so while driving on 4th gear rpm was above 3000 rpm n gear got hard, and it is not only hard it gets extremely hard to shift it, however its perfect when cold or driven without ac or on low rpm.

last year i thought that my car had starting issue when its hot because the starter acted as if battery is down when starting on engine's optimum temperature but i was wrong and found that if i start the car with clutch pressed the starter would act normal so it means the hard gear also makes the starter motor work slow.

-considering the above problems shall i replace the gear or get it repaired ? and idea of its cost ?

@Xulfiqar bhai and other senior members kindly help.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

glysantin G30 is nearly the same as the caltex orange coolant - aka dexcool. - I believe caltex is cheaper to buy.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Salman922 View Post
    Fortunately or unfortunately I did not get this gear installed and returned it instead. I took it to mechanic for installation and he pointed out few things:
    - gear has red colored seal/packing while originally it's grey and done neatly not like the one in this gear (coming out of places, improper fit). Means the gear is repaired.
    -speedo meter sensor missing.
    -black pan sort of thing at one end while the one in my car is in silver color.

I took a second opinion too and other mechanics also said 'itni mazaydar cheez nai lag rai'

Talked to the seller and he referred to some mechanic who praised this gear so much as if it's made up of gold. But he was linked to the seller so his opinion wasn't regarded.

Considering the stated facts gear was returned and now again searching for another piece.

@Xulfiqar bhai can u kindly confirm about this red seal/packing etc thing ?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    the 5th gear cover is steel on this one and the silver coloured one on yours is cast aluminium, the red silicone sealant you see is a sign of opened up and reapplied sealant, Please note that the toyota sealant for gearboxes is also red, Only the factory packed one has a gray/white sealant and it also oozes out slightly.

I would not have worried on it so much, the real test for any scrap gearbox is to install it.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    the 5th gear cover is steel on this one and the silver coloured one on yours is cast aluminium, the red silicone sealant you see is a sign of opened up and reapplied sealant, Please note that the toyota sealant for gearboxes is also red, Only the factory packed one has a gray/white sealant and it also oozes out slightly.

I would not have worried on it so much, the real test for any scrap gearbox is to install it.
    Ohh, that means returning it wasn't a good idea. But VSS was missing too.

And it means the one with red silicone must be avoided as it could be repaired or opened up for some reason.

I visited gareebabad market and in the whole market only two people had my car's gear, one was the same with red selant for 12k and one was with grey/white with VSS for 15k but later one had few signs of rust on it's bolts.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

glysantin G30 is nearly the same as the caltex orange coolant - aka dexcool. - I believe caltex is cheaper to buy.
    I am trying to get my hands on G05, otherwise Caltex it is.

Btw I did citric acid flush and my radiator leaked badly, I replaced the radiator with a new one and after the replacement pick up of the engine feels increased, idling sound reduced and runs better, how did this happen ?

3 weeks after the radiator replacement it's water body leaked as well due to which system isn't holding the pressure but maintaining the engine temperature at 45% gauge as long as I keep on topping up the water in the reserve tank, I have already put in a new radiator cap (0.9), what more should I inspect/replace before filing in the coolant ? Someone was telling me about water jacket (or water packet maybe).

And btw while replacing radiator cap I found rusty water in new radiator installed and used for approx two weeks, where did it came from after the citric acid flush ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam sir, hope you are doing fine, i need help regards chamber oil leakage, its 3rd time i got leak, they have used silicon to seal it, i want permanent solution to this, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    A real driver knows exactly what's in his car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raja20103 View Post
    Salam sir, hope you are doing fine, i need help regards chamber oil leakage, its 3rd time i got leak, they have used silicon to seal it, i want permanent solution to this, thanks

The silicon mechanics use is good for plumbing use only
    Get a good quality one like permatex
    Your oil pan might be bent or is not straight so get it straighten and use the oem gasket

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Corolla 2.0D Saloon Engine and Transmission problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahad.Ayub View Post
    The silicon mechanics use is good for plumbing use only
    Get a good quality one like permatex
    Your oil pan might be bent or is not straight so get it straighten and use the oem gasket
    Where can i find oem gasket? And tell me some good brands of silicone

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any good parts shop which sells original toyota parts
    Secondly look up permatex gasket maker (red tube) used it in my cars transmission pan, valve cover and it's holding up nicely

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Secondly look up permatex gasket maker (red tube) used it in my cars transmission pan, valve cover and it's holding up nicely
    Nice, thanks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I tried finding oem gasket/seal, shopkeeper and even toyota dealership guy told me that seal or gasket never came for chamber/oil pan, we use silicon to seal it and it depends on the mechanic and silicone.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I tried finding oem gasket/seal, shopkeeper and even toyota dealership guy told me that seal or gasket never came for chamber/oil pan, we use silicon to seal it and it depends on the mechanic and silicone.

when you first got the oil pan opened did it have a gasket ? if its not available you could just seal it with a silicon and give it proper time to cure but do clean the mating surfaces thoroughly
    another option is you could make one yourself using gasket paper mechanics can make one for you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

when you first got the oil pan opened did it have a gasket ? if its not available you could just seal it with a silicon and give it proper time to cure but do clean the mating surfaces thoroughly
    another option is you could make one yourself using gasket paper mechanics can make one for you
    I would get silicone and get it sealed but some good brand this time as last time they used 150 wali grey silicone and it gave up now.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would get silicone and get it sealed but some good brand this time as last time they used 150 wali grey silicone and it gave up now.

Seems like ur mechanic did the job carelessly or the mating surfaces r not smooth or u r not giving it enough time to set. 3 years back my car's oil chamber leaked as well and I got it done with the normal grey silicone (would have used better ones if I knew that time) and oil chamber is leak free since, although my engine has minor leakages from other places which will be taken care off when gear box work will be done.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Salman922 View Post
    Seems like ur mechanic did the job carelessly or the mating surfaces r not smooth or u r not giving it enough time to set. 3 years back my car's oil chamber leaked as well and I got it done with the normal grey silicone (would have used better ones if I knew that time) and oil chamber is leak free since, although my engine has minor leakages from other places which will be taken care off when gear box work will be done.

I gave it about 1-2 hour curing time but still

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

From where did u bought that permatex silicone? Am unable to find it here in my city.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

From where did u bought that permatex silicone? Am unable to find it here in my city.

Adenwalla in Karachi ( they have a website)
    Maybe they can ship it to you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Adenwalla in Karachi ( they have a website)
    Maybe they can ship it to you
    Kindly mention it here please.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai 2.0d engine jub aik baar khulna shru hota ha to angrez hasina ki trha khulta he chala jata ha
    Always remember, the best things in life are not things.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kindly mention it here please.

sorry for replying late
    Adenwalla
    Gasket Makers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sorry for replying late
    Adenwalla
    Gasket Makers
    i dont find that they can ship it to me, give me shop address and contact number from where did u bought.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

User Tag List