Hope you all are doing great. Ive been a keen member, the one that only lurks and doesn't comment, for a long time at PW and have been following a few topics regularly.
By the grace of Allah, I now have a Corolla 2013 1.6 Gli Automatic Wine Red (now i know some people, if not most, will be turned off and probably press the back button on their browsers, but i prefer auto) which i want to tweak up a bit.
This is a daily commute car so i wont be installing heavy performance upgrades, rather only parts that provide enhanced performance without requiring additional maintenance or compromising on the car's life.
Ive been saving up for a few months and prepared a list of parts & cosmetics i want installed, which is mentioned hereunder. The complete installation will take about a year and a half as i need to save for each & every part before installing it and saving money is a talent im not good at .
Anyway, the purpose of this post is to obtain comments from members that are experts in respective fields and can guide me whether to install the specified part of not or substitute it with some other one. The areas where i need advice / suggestions are highlighted with blue font.
The list below is broken into timelines, specifying when i plan to install the part / cosmetic, alongwith my estimated budget.
Time 1 - 5 months (est budget PKR 85K)
- Front bumper lips / extensions & grill (would appreciate ideas of available parts)
- Back bumper change or extensions (would appreciate ideas of available parts)
- Custom wraps 3M only, chromaflair color (black to maroon or some other dark pair)
- K&N Typhoon 69-875 intake system
- Vertical doors
Time 5 - 9 months (est budget 50k)
- Headlights LED (need specific advice on this, from knowledgeable members, regarding aftermarket headlights durability, quality and life. I don't want to be in the hassle of changing LED filaments time and time again. I dont particularly like the projector housings, so would appreciate other recommendations)
- Rear lights, either smoke the existing ones or go for aftermarket
- HKS 130mm by 65 - 80mm exhaust with down piping but no headers
- Rear spoiler, no fancy stuff. Probably factory type bolt-on.
Time 10 - 15 months (est budget 120K)
- 17" Alloys with max 45 profile
- Suspension springs ( i think 1" - 1.5" lowering would be fine and won't compromise on the comfort while driving. Please let me know whether there are any brands available for this model of Corolla)
- Piggyback ECU, Unichip / Weapon R Chip (this is just a fascination and i may not go for it at all)
- Push button engine start installation
- Brake pad cover paint
- Strut bar
I apologize if this thread is a repost of something out there on the same lines. Furthermore, i will be saving a bit on the parts as i'll be importing them on my own or having a friend import them from me, nevertheless i can't go all out asking favors and importing too much
Hope i get some good ideas and keep this thread alive by posting updates on this project;
P.S im currently living in pindi - isl / lahore, i know about all the shops in lahore but need addresses of QUALITY ORIENTED AND RELIABLE shops in Islamabad.
Pictures of parts / cosmetics are provided below - Bumper pictures are taken from Automotive Options page at Facebook, no infringement intended.
Front & Rear extensions
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad