Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ZKM

Thread: Honda City vs. Corolla A/T 2015, what to go for?

ZKM
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Post Honda City vs. Corolla A/T 2015, what to go for?

Due to manipulative marketing and sales strategy of Toyota Indus and Honda Atlas, like others, i too am facing problems in choosing the right car for myself. The honda city price have been made in such a manner that eventually are options cost the same more or less.

I am currently driving a 2011 vitz which is running perfectly and giving no issues at all. However, an upgrade to a sedan has been long awaited things in the personal to do list. Due to previous mishaps in buying a used Japanese car , e.g. buying a 4.5 auction grade car when actually it is 3.5 , has been a big turn off for me personally. This is the reason why i want to go and buy a car off the shelf and that leaves me with two options i.e. a city A/T and Corolla Altis A/T ..

Even in this , the prices have been set to confuse buyers e.g. City aspire 1.3 is only 25k less than aspire 1.5 ..
    So this brings me to the question as to which car to go for between honda and corolla?

I need an A/T version and my daily commute is between Rwp. and Isl only. I am looking to get comfortable ride with good pick and has an effective a/c system.

The resale is obviously a factor but new cars do drop their prices. however, i would prefer safety over resale that includes airbags, immobilizer etc.
    One of my corolla altis 1.8 A/T 2010 has already been stolen due to absence of immobilizer option which is why i am afraid to go for corollas but due to limited options, i might have to sacrifice the immobilizer option.

Will appreciate if pakwheels members can help in this regard as spending a 2 million on a ride is a big thing for me and i want to take my time to make the right decision.

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Keeping safety, comfort and good air con system in mind, I will suggest you to go for Civic I-VTEC Prosmatec(Base model Automatic).

It will cost you around 2.3 million(around 3 lac above your budget) but it is really worth the money. You get Immobiliser with built in security system, much better comfort and features than a City and Corolla 1.3 with very good Air conditioning system and it's pick is also matchless. Fuel economy is also very good. 10-12km/l locally with AC.

I wouldn't suggest any variant of Corolla at all because of it's really high theft ratio.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Corolla FTW!!!!

ZKM
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thankyou @Sk_KingpiN.. The new civic , base A/T Model, does make a lot of sense actually.

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda City is not that popular among car snatcher or thief, therefore the option of Immobilizer can be compromised in Honda City.

I would suggest for Honda City Aspire 1.5cc A/T as it is top of the line city. Good Pick, A/c Cooling will be same as 1.3cc.

Since your last corolla was stolen, If I were you I won't buy same car which is prone to get stolen due to lack of Immobilizer.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Considering safety factors like immobilizer and airbags and also comfort I will also advise you to go with new civic instead of city or corolla. I currently have previous gen gli and current city so I know about these cars. It will cost you a bit but I guess it will be a good investment.
    www.facebook.com/Pakistanbeautiful

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Incase just for consideration "Imported Car" If you could add up Rs2 lac more, You can get good condition Toyota Prius 3rd Gen 1.8cc 2011. Its value for money. For instance your concern is Safety, Pick & A/c Cooling.

Personally I have used 2011 Prius 1.8cc and drove 5,000 km mostly on High way.

It comes with 6 airbags, chilled cooling, 1800cc like pick in "Power Mode", more over it's Hybrid you get fuel efficiency(23-24kmpl Highway, 15-18kmpl City), Comfortable seating as I mentioned I used it on Highway so I didn't get tired in Prius.

With reference to your previous experience of Imported Car purchase 3.5 grade being sold as 4.5, You can involve Denter to have their opinion of vehicle body. Moreover, there are many honest showroom owner in PakWheels and there's option of getting Auction report verified of fresh clearance.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City vs. Corolla A/T 2015, what to go for?

If you willing to buy Altis 1.6 i would suggest you to buy Civic base model.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Stolen corolla and ready to buy another rolla ??? you must have some bold guts to do that again !!!!!!!!!! !!

Honda City is not worthy of being a 2 million vehicle ... It has good gadgets and good pick but seats are third class ... suspension is hard as fu** ... In Pakistan we'd like a 2 million vehicle to be a all rounder. if you want to buy a city then only base model makes sense

I'd say get a Civic base model Prosmatec , it'll cost you around 23 lacs ...

If budget is an issue then go and book a Corolla Gli A/T and pray it does not get stolen again.

Pakistan ke assemblers shuru hote hi khatem .. we live in a country with a sorry state of auto assemblers
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZKM View Post
    Thankyou @Sk_KingpiN.. The new civic , base A/T Model, does make a lot of sense actually.

Thanks
    No problem.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZKM View Post
    Due to manipulative marketing and sales strategy of Toyota Indus and Honda Atlas, like others, i too am facing problems in choosing the right car for myself. The prices have been made in such a manner that eventually are options cost the same more or less.

I am currently driving a 2011 vitz which is running perfectly and giving no issues at all. However, an upgrade to a sedan has been long awaited things in the personal to do list. Due to previous mishaps in buying a used Japanese car , e.g. buying a 4.5 auction grade car when actually it is 3.5 , has been a big turn off for me personally. This is the reason why i want to go and buy a car off the shelf and that leaves me with two options i.e. a city A/T and Corolla Altis A/T ..

Even in this , the prices have been set to confuse buyers e.g. City aspire 1.3 is only 25k less than aspire 1.5 ..
    So this brings me to the question as to which car to go for between honda and corolla?

I need an A/T version and my daily commute is between Rwp. and Isl only. I am looking to get comfortable ride with good pick and has an effective a/c system.

The resale is obviously a factor but new cars do drop their prices. however, i would prefer safety over resale that includes airbags, immobilizer etc.
    One of my corolla altis 1.8 A/T 2010 has already been stolen due to absence of immobilizer option which is why i am afraid to go for corollas but due to limited options, i might have to sacrifice the immobilizer option.

Will appreciate if pakwheels members can help in this regard as spending a 2 million on a ride is a big thing for me and i want to take my time to make the right decisio
    Thanks
    If not Corolla or Civic then wait for new Model/shape of City which is axpected in start of 2016 according to rumers .. purchasing current model of city?? not wise according to me
    "Your time on this Earth is limited, don't live someone Else's life, live by your own vision''.

ZKM
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

these are indeed very productive insights from all of you.
    and YES. corollas are the least priority actually . good thing the autocar manufacturers have been fined due to limited options and providing poor quality products.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If I was at your place I would have bought a new 1.6 Altis or base model civic.
    Buying a City now doesn't seem to be a wise choice, you never know when the new model comes out plus civic's facelift is going to be launched too.
    Just because your old corolla got stolen doesn't mean the new one would be stolen too, just get a better security system, insurance and a tracker. Though I've mostly opposed Corolla due to lack of Airbags and Immobilizer but buying a City now isn't a great choice, old shape plus hard suspension. Civic is better option than 1.6 corolla but many people are saying that it's facelift is going to be launched soon. So the choice is yours, if you can manage 2.3m then go for Civic or else Altis 1.6 is the next best choice!
    BTW as you've mentioned about JDM's that you get a 3.5 grade car rather than 4.5 which is mentioned by the seller. This will happen if you don't buy a JDM from trusted sellers, if you want a JDM then you can contact @sharabi, he's a trusted seller.
    Buying a car is one time investment, you don't buy car's every year so get a good one. Don't go for 1.3 rollas.
    Tum karo to tumara HAQ!
    Hum karay to What The F F Fish?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ kick_in
    I agree with you about buying city now, but the thing I can't under stand is some one told me that waiting time for city has gone up to 45 days from 30 days. If this is a fact than its strange in the light of comment you gave about buying city now. Any idea about the reason behind that.

Sent from portable device.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omar4494 View Post
    @ kick_in
    I agree with you about buying city now, but the thing I can't under stand is some one told me that waiting time for city has gone up to 45 days from 30 days. If this is a fact than its strange in the light of comment you gave about buying city now. Any idea about the reason behind that.

Sent from portable device.
    Wait time for corolla gli is 6 months.It is 2.50 lakh more expensive.These 2 factors alone swayed promising corolla customers to city cuz of low waiting time and reasonable price.Because now demand is high for city the wait time has increased.I see more facelifted cities in twin cities than corolla.
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go for Civic I-VTEC Prosmatec
    A man is known by the ride he keeps !!

ZKM
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well the forum has been really productive and has helped me made a good decision.
    So guys thanks a lot for the support and i have decided to go for the A/t Civic 2015 INSHALLAH.

Hoping for the best

Regards,
    Zeeshan K. Mughal

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List