Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By tintin1
  • 1 Post By arzaam.bhatti
  • 1 Post By hassaaniqbal92
  • 1 Post By arzaam.bhatti
  • 2 Post By Alipeers

Thread: Engine oil for Altis Grande

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Alipeers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    231
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Engine oil for Altis Grande

    Experts what do u think would be the best engine oil for Altis Grande.. Xulfiqar bhai ?? Need advice f4 first oil change


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,832
    Follows
    7
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    If its new model (2014/2015), then ZIC OW 0w-30 would be perfect for best fuel economy.
    Because Toyota recommends 5w-30 oil.
    Or you may chose 5w-30 from any good company.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    use toyotas tin pack 5W-30 in order to not void warranty. the oil itself is very good and the right viscosity too. dont whatever you do use 20W-50 even if dealerships says so because at least at my time they think that new cars also need 20W50.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,832
    Follows
    7
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    use toyotas tin pack 5W-30 in order to not void warranty. the oil itself is very good and the right viscosity too. dont whatever you do use 20W-50 even if dealerships says so because at least at my time they think that new cars also need 20W50.
    sir,
    Two grades available in Honda's tin pack.
    One is SL (its only for gassoline engines) totally mineral oil.
    Other is SN (its for both Gassoline & Diesel) and its only partially synthetic.
    The price is more than 3000/4L tin.

    ZIC OW is available in Rs. 2860/4L, its fully synthetic and drain interval is very long also.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    sir,
    Two grades available in Honda's tin pack.
    One is SL (its only for gassoline engines) totally mineral oil.
    Other is SN (its for both Gassoline & Diesel) and its only partially synthetic.
    The price is more than 3000/4L tin.

    ZIC OW is available in Rs. 2860/4L, its fully synthetic and drain interval is very long also.
    the person in question is asking oil for toyota altis that too for first oil change at 1000km. its mandatory to be done at the dealer or your warranty is affected. zic is very good and cheaper too but that doesnt solve the warranty issue, for a brand new honda one should use the SN one from dealership obviously.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassaaniqbal92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    870
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    use toyotas tin pack 5W-30 in order to not void warranty. the oil itself is very good and the right viscosity too. dont whatever you do use 20W-50 even if dealerships says so because at least at my time they think that new cars also need 20W50.
    Even I dont understand y the toyota dealerships always put in 20w50 in new cars.

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassaaniqbal92 View Post
    Even I dont understand y the toyota dealerships always put in 20w50 in new cars.
    since first service is free and now they offer free maintenance till 10k km in some cases, it is most cheaper for them to use 20W-50 i guess and some dealerships say with this oil that drain intervals must be 3000km or 3 months so that customer comes back quicker and they make more money. apparently they still live in the 80s, someone at indus should really update their knowledge.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassaaniqbal92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    870
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    since first service is free and now they offer free maintenance till 10k km in some cases, it is most cheaper for them to use 20W-50 i guess and some dealerships say with this oil that drain intervals must be 3000km or 3 months so that customer comes back quicker and they make more money. apparently they still live in the 80s, someone at indus should really update their knowledge.
    Waisay is it true that more viscous oil should be used in new engines for break in period????

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassaaniqbal92 View Post
    Waisay is it true that more viscous oil should be used in new engines for break in period????
    yes but till 1000km its enough, after that fully synthetic oil is best for new engines, and modern engines hardly require any break in now days thats a thing of the past in cars of old technologies and the most important break in like of pistons, block etc is important for the first 100km and for few things first 50km which is already done in most cases before leaving the factory. after that its very limited that any more bedding in etc again will occur.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassaaniqbal92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    870
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    yes but till 1000km its enough, after that fully synthetic oil is best for new engines, and modern engines hardly require any break in now days thats a thing of the past in cars of old technologies and the most important break in like of pistons, block etc is important for the first 100km and for few things first 50km which is already done in most cases before leaving the factory. after that its very limited that any more bedding in etc again will occur.
    And not to mention the drag and power loss the new engine would face

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    tahirwajeeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    442
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    the person in question is asking oil for toyota altis that too for first oil change at 1000km. its mandatory to be done at the dealer or your warranty is affected. zic is very good and cheaper too but that doesnt solve the warranty issue, for a brand new honda one should use the SN one from dealership obviously.
    Bro I don't think oil change is required at 1000 km. The dealership didn't change mine at the first 1000 km service. I even asked them and they said it's not required

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,591
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    as long as car is in warranty stick to TOYOTA engine oil, and afterwards as long as you can manage. Toyota engine OIL is blendid & packed by SHELL Singapore as Toyota OEM oil. Imported in Pakistan by Toyota from Singapore.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tahirwajeeh View Post
    Bro I don't think oil change is required at 1000 km. The dealership didn't change mine at the first 1000 km service. I even asked them and they said it's not required
    first service includes oil change sometimes they dont change oil filter just engine oil and its done at 1month or 1000km which ever comes first. if your dealer is skipping on this you should check whether they are folowing correct procedures in regards with other maintenance or report to indus. first oil contains metal fillings etc and should be changed at 1000km after that you can use the regular drain intervals so its a good idea to change at 1000km for the first change.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassaaniqbal92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    870
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Toyota oils should be used but plz insist on 10w30 or 5w30

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    tahirwajeeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    442
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    first service includes oil change sometimes they dont change oil filter just engine oil and its done at 1month or 1000km which ever comes first. if your dealer is skipping on this you should check whether they are folowing correct procedures in regards with other maintenance or report to indus. first oil contains metal fillings etc and should be changed at 1000km after that you can use the regular drain intervals so its a good idea to change at 1000km for the first change.
    Yes Bro I'm a little worried now. Will check from other dealerships as well. For now, can any other member give any info if their dealership changed oil at first service

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tahirwajeeh View Post
    Yes Bro I'm a little worried now. Will check from other dealerships as well. For now, can any other member give any info if their dealership changed oil at first service
    in twin cities i know for sure toyota rawal does change it on 1000km, which dealership are you going too?

    i bought my last new toyota from karachi and toyota central did also change the oil but not the filter. though its better to change both.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    Alipeers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    231
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks a lot guys for ur replies


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    Alipeers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    231
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I was thinking to go f4 zic Ow


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    itsgumbys's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    706
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Guys, what is the price of Toyota genuine motor oil sn/cf 5w-30 4L tin pack. Any one recently purchased
    -

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    bridgedoctorali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsgumbys View Post
    Guys, what is the price of Toyota genuine motor oil sn/cf 5w-30 4L tin pack. Any one recently purchased
    Sorry for late reply (as I saw your post today). 10W-30 API SN of TOYOTA Japan with Indus Hologram costs around Rs.3,500/4 Liter. Some charge Rs.4,300/4 Liter.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •