Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 995
Like Tree1452Likes

Thread: 11th Gen Corolla (Hornet): An Unlucky Affair

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 11th Gen Corolla (Hornet): An Unlucky Affair

    Introducing Corolla GLi 1.3 (Super ECT)
    Asalamoalikum respected PakWheel members and guests.
    Alhamdolillah, Allah has blessed me with this brand new car after I let
    Viper go to its next handler and keeper, after a very satisfying experience of a little over four years. With blessing from Allah (S.W) and friends like you, I hope to make this is a no-nonsense, extremely informative and enjoyable thread just like Viper. This cannot be possible without your support, appreciation, critique, guidance, sharing and participation. So hop in, like and subscribe.

    But, the driving experience has not been anything more than average. The only aspect in which this car stands out (at the moment in Pakistan) is its shape.

    Table of Contents
    1. Introduction and Background ------------------------------ Page 1
    2. Stark Naked Review (The Decision)---------------------- Page 1
    3. True Horror Story (On Fuel Consumption) -------------- Page 1
    4. Review (Exterior Styling, Build Quality)------------------- Page 2
    5. Aerodynamics Verification (Thanks @autophile) ------ Page 2
    6. Review (Interior Styling, Layout and Build Quality) --- Page 3
    7. Comparison Recap ------------------------------------------- Page 4
    8. Performance and Drive Quality ---------------------------- Page 4
    9. Final Thoughts and Wrap Up ------------------------------- Page 5
    10.Teaser Photos ------------------------------------------------- Page 5
    11. Fog Lamps (Options, Variety and Selection) ---------- Page 6
    12. Night Visibility Upgrade Philips CrystalVision -------- Page 7
    13. Decide Between White and Black Colours ------------ Page 7
    14. Stainless Scuff Plates (OEM Toyota) ------------------- Page 9
    15. Combo Utility / Multi Purpose Hook Dock ------------- Page 9
    16. Interior Photo Showing Some Changes --------------- Page 11
    17. Night Time Photography ----------------------------------- Page 11
    18. Fresh Update on Drive and Handling ------------------- Page 12
    19. Photography by @Spano's Galaxy Note 4 ------------ Page 12
    20. Steering Controls (Install Photos and Cost) ----------- Page 13
    21. GLi (Auto) Underpower Myth Busted -------------------- Page 13
    22. Hornet's Climb to Monal (Videos) ------------------------ Page 15
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

  2. #301
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    Nice effort for the videos.
    The car climbed the steep ascents like a boss.
    Thanks for the appreciation. I think making and posting relevant videos to answer questions is the best way on the thread to satisfy inquisitive readers.
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

  3. #302
    PakWheeler Follow
    gitts070's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    thumbs up bro, thanks a lot for going to "monal" on our request.. what a relief.. The video has clearly shown that hornet reached at top with no struggle at all.. I will be getting 1.3 auto very soon. IA
    Once again thanks alot..

  4. #303
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gitts070 View Post
    thumbs up bro, thanks a lot for going to "monal" on our request.. what a relief.. The video has clearly shown that hornet reached at top with no struggle at all.. I will be getting 1.3 auto very soon. IA
    Once again thanks alot..
    I'm glad I could be of help.....Inshallah you will not regret getting the 1.3 GLi Auto......Its quick, loaded, great resale and saves you ample money to play around and make it top notch.
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

  5. #304
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Stay Tuned

    Corolla &quotHornet" -1572649
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

  6. #305
    PakWheeler Follow
    mustafa89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thank you for the monal videos 😊


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  7. #306
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mubeenshahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Same type of rumors were spread when previous gen corolla was launched.people started saying it can't climb murree expressway while I did drive it to Naran and Murree with 6 person,CNG and full luggage in trunk without any issue.
    Aunda Fan

  8. #307
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    Same type of rumors were spread when previous gen corolla was launched.people started saying it can't climb murree expressway while I did drive it to Naran and Murree with 6 person,CNG and full luggage in trunk without any issue.
    That was pretty hardcore lolz.
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

  9. #308
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    accord7362's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,290
    Follows
    2
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    Thank you very much sir. Same wishes for you too. Sir, what is your inventory of wheels(s) now a days. I've been your fan for quite some time now.
    JazakALLAH Sir G all known, feelings are same & even the frequency
    Rite now Khaksar is reporting from east coast Newfoundland, Canada as posted here since 2012
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/roa...dor-canada-you

    MASHALLAH HORNET thread is Outclass same as VIPER, love the videos up there, you make him look like her

    Sir G regarding current inventory, "Aik masoom C machine hay not as good as HORNET "

    Picture hazir hay & details are here https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...ted-awd-3-5-v6
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/266031-accord7362s-merc-thanks-god-loved-ones-who-remember-me-prayers ,199119-thanks-god-2011-ford-edge-limited-awd-3-5-v6

  10. #309
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^^^ All I can say is Mashallah, beauty and the beast in one package.

    Laiken andar se awaz aie "Oh bhainnnsssssss"
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

  11. #310
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Spoiler on The Thread......Now I know why it's called a spoiler

    Corolla &quotHornet" -1572769
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

  12. #311
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zuhaibafzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    5,661
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    4

    Default

    Masha'Allah car did very well. Such a nice way to present Monal Trip review.


    Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

  13. #312
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Spoiler prep and painted by JW Motors Islamabad. Expensive but excellent work done from surface prep to end result. Matching 100% and a breathtakingly beautiful finish.

    Reference Photos...............
    Corolla &quotHornet" -1572794Corolla &quotHornet" -1572789Corolla &quotHornet" -1572790Corolla &quotHornet" -1572792
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

  14. #313
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aqgmbest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,827
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    Spoiler prep and painted by JW Motors Islamabad. Expensive but excellent work done from surface prep to end result. Matching 100% and a breathtakingly beautiful finish.

    Reference Photos...............
    Corolla &quotHornet" -1572794Corolla &quotHornet" -1572789Corolla &quotHornet" -1572790Corolla &quotHornet" -1572792
    Excellent sir . Will it look good on brozne mica color ? And yes what about the fog lights visibility i cannot judge from the pics any satisfactory words from you will be highly appreciated



    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    They Hate Us Because They Aint Us !

  15. #314
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umer325's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    4,519
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    That was pretty hardcore lolz.
    Sir this is how corolla is used in Pakistan
    My father has always preferred buying Gli and we have taken corolla to Almost everywhere. People say it can't go till naran and stuff. We have taken it to Lulusar lake and there were no issues.
    My father bought his first Gli in 2008 and after a week he took it to Karachi from Lahore and after returning we went to Naran.
    The car clocked over 110k KM in 2 years.

  16. #315
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umer325 View Post
    Sir this is how corolla is used in Pakistan
    My father has always preferred buying Gli and we have taken corolla to Almost everywhere. People say it can't go till naran and stuff. We have taken it to Lulusar lake and there were no issues.
    My father bought his first Gli in 2008 and after a week he took it to Karachi from Lahore and after returning we went to Naran.
    The car clocked over 110k KM in 2 years.
    No wonder its renowned as reliable and tough. At the end of the day that is what matters to most. And no wonder it is the most sold car throughout the world.
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

  17. #316
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aqgmbest View Post
    Excellent sir . Will it look good on brozne mica color ? And yes what about the fog lights visibility i cannot judge from the pics any satisfactory words from you will be highly appreciated
    It sure as hell will (look good on bronze mica). But this is a personal preference. Somebody else may like a different one or not at all. So check out or try out all available options beforehand. The one I got is OEM Esport Version. If you are referring to the light in the spoiler, it is basically a stop lamp and works as good as you can expect. I checked it's illumination before buying but didn't take any snaps. Here are some reference pics:

    Corolla &quotHornet" -1572856Corolla &quotHornet" -1572858
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

  18. #317
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Nabeel_Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,509
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    Spoiler prep and painted by JW Motors Islamabad. Expensive but excellent work done from surface prep to end result. Matching 100% and a breathtakingly beautiful finish.

    Reference Photos...............
    Corolla &quotHornet" -1572794Corolla &quotHornet" -1572789Corolla &quotHornet" -1572790Corolla &quotHornet" -1572792
    This spoiler really steps up the looks of the corolla.
    I wanted to ask about the light on the spoiler. There is a similar light in rear windshield. Do they both light up? Won't they look odd?

  19. #318
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aqgmbest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,827
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Corolla "Hornet"

    Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    It sure as hell will (look good on bronze mica). But this is a personal preference. Somebody else may like a different one or not at all. So check out or try out all available options beforehand. The one I got is OEM Esport Version. If you are referring to the light in the spoiler, it is basically a stop lamp and works as good as you can expect. I checked it's illumination before buying but didn't take any snaps. Here are some reference pics:

    Corolla &quotHornet" -1572856Corolla &quotHornet" -1572858
    Yup the oem esport version is very good will definitly look for one when i will be back.
    And sir i was referring to your cars fog light visibily with the phillips
    crystal vision bulbs in it i cannot judge it by seeing the pictures in previous post
    They Hate Us Because They Aint Us !

  20. #319
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    This spoiler really steps up the looks of the corolla.
    I wanted to ask about the light on the spoiler. There is a similar light in rear windshield. Do they both light up? Won't they look odd?
    What's OEM will not look bad if not good either. Their placement vertically is such. If it bothers you too much you could always opt to disable the stop lamp in the spoiler. Yes the question will arise, "Then why to get a spoiler with a stop lamp at all/in the first place?" Well, to follow what designers have done and come up with the Esport Version
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

  21. #320
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aqgmbest View Post
    Yup the oem esport version is very good will definitly look for one when i will be back.
    And sir i was referring to your cars fog light visibily with the phillips
    crystal vision bulbs in it i cannot judge it by seeing the pictures in previous post
    Toyota's OEM Koito made fog lamps with 19W bulb is just like a spot light. I can't really say if it qualifies for being a fog light here in our country at least. So Philips Crystal Vision is the most wonderful thing to have happened to the Hornet
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •