Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 995
Like Tree1452Likes

Thread: 11th Gen Corolla (Hornet): An Unlucky Affair

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 11th Gen Corolla (Hornet): An Unlucky Affair

    Introducing Corolla GLi 1.3 (Super ECT)
    Asalamoalikum respected PakWheel members and guests.
    Alhamdolillah, Allah has blessed me with this brand new car after I let
    Viper go to its next handler and keeper, after a very satisfying experience of a little over four years. With blessing from Allah (S.W) and friends like you, I hope to make this is a no-nonsense, extremely informative and enjoyable thread just like Viper. This cannot be possible without your support, appreciation, critique, guidance, sharing and participation. So hop in, like and subscribe.

    But, the driving experience has not been anything more than average. The only aspect in which this car stands out (at the moment in Pakistan) is its shape.

    Table of Contents
    1. Introduction and Background ------------------------------ Page 1
    2. Stark Naked Review (The Decision)---------------------- Page 1
    3. True Horror Story (On Fuel Consumption) -------------- Page 1
    4. Review (Exterior Styling, Build Quality)------------------- Page 2
    5. Aerodynamics Verification (Thanks @autophile) ------ Page 2
    6. Review (Interior Styling, Layout and Build Quality) --- Page 3
    7. Comparison Recap ------------------------------------------- Page 4
    8. Performance and Drive Quality ---------------------------- Page 4
    9. Final Thoughts and Wrap Up ------------------------------- Page 5
    10.Teaser Photos ------------------------------------------------- Page 5
    11. Fog Lamps (Options, Variety and Selection) ---------- Page 6
    12. Night Visibility Upgrade Philips CrystalVision -------- Page 7
    13. Decide Between White and Black Colours ------------ Page 7
    14. Stainless Scuff Plates (OEM Toyota) ------------------- Page 9
    15. Combo Utility / Multi Purpose Hook Dock ------------- Page 9
    16. Interior Photo Showing Some Changes --------------- Page 11
    17. Night Time Photography ----------------------------------- Page 11
    18. Fresh Update on Drive and Handling ------------------- Page 12
    19. Photography by @Spano's Galaxy Note 4 ------------ Page 12
    20. Steering Controls (Install Photos and Cost) ----------- Page 13
    21. GLi (Auto) Underpower Myth Busted -------------------- Page 13
    22. Hornet's Climb to Monal (Videos) ------------------------ Page 15
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

  2. #541
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zuhaibafzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    5,661
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    The biggest mistake I ever made was when I sold off my Viper with just 17000KMs on odo. Truly regret it.

    Hornet is for sale. Demand is in ad section with 1100 KM on odometer, unregistered, plain and simple "No add Ons". In case someone wants with add ons, price will increase.

    Corolla &quotHornet" -1588767
    Bro, can you tell the reason of this?


    Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

  3. #542
    PakWheeler Follow
    gitts070's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Seriously I knew it.. When "autophile" wrote a bombshell update is coming.. I don't know why but I felt like you are going to sell your ride..
    Thank God I opted 1.6..
    Thx to @autophile and @nido747 for explaining and pushing me towards 1.6 altis..


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  4. #543
    PakWheeler Follow
    kskhan86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    583
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @FUADbakht

    Dear brother, looking forward for the reason behind selling it. If it does not hapoen to be personal

  5. #544
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zuhaibafzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    5,661
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gitts070 View Post
    Seriously I knew it.. When "autophile" wrote a bombshell update is coming.. I don't know why but I felt like you are going to sell your ride..
    Thank God I opted 1.6..
    Thx to @autophile and @nido747 for explaining and pushing me towards 1.6 altis..


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Yes, you made a good choice. It's a fact GLI AT is an underpowered car. And people will not accept this reality even after this. Maybe owner tells other reasons because he have to sell it.


    Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

  6. #545
    PakWheeler Follow
    drbelalmuneer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    411
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Reason to bata do.koi
    My brain works as a DOCTOR , but my heart was stolen by CARS!!!

  7. #546
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Fouad bhai what's the reason for the quick sale? As for those who are always saying it is under-powered, this argument has been proven invalid by not one but 3 PakWheelers who have first-hand experience of this car. I know Fouad bhai you are missing Viper because the 8th Gen Civic has a class of its own which is unmatched.
    Anyway, so what's next after this?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  8. #547
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zuhaibafzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    5,661
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Fouad bhai what's the reason for the quick sale? As for those who are always saying it is under-powered, this argument has been proven invalid by not one but 3 PakWheelers who have first-hand experience of this car. I know Fouad bhai you are missing Viper because the 8th Gen Civic has a class of its own which is unmatched.
    Anyway, so what's next after this?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Some pakwheelers are not satisfying with their 1.3 sedan. Even i see a pakwheeler who posted ad for selling his 1.3 AT but he didn't get response.

    The fact is, 1.3 is an underpowered and i have telling my own experience.


    Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

  9. #548
    PakWheeler Follow
    wrangler79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    29
    Posts
    452
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    Some pakwheelers are not satisfying with their 1.3 sedan. Even i see a pakwheeler who posted ad for selling his 1.3 AT but he didn't get response.

    The fact is, 1.3 is an underpowered and i have telling my own experience.


    Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    No, its not.
    Underpower is a relative term, not an absolute one.
    Like there is no figure or measurement accepted internationally for a car to be declared underpowered.
    I have driven 1.3 Gli AT and found it to be reasonable. Just tell me one place in Pakistan where a 1.8L Corolla can go but 1.3L cannot.
    And if you compare it with other options we have here in 1.3L auto, then its the best.
    City 1.3L auto is 6 years old car now, has a very hard suspension, not as spacious as the Corolla. The car needs high octane to run otherwise start knocking on our regular petrol, whereas Corolla's old 2NZ-FE is a robust engine well suited to our Pakistan conditions.
    And if you compare the fuel averages of 1.3L Corolla auto and 1.3L City auto, then Corolla is giving better average.

  10. #549
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zuhaibafzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    5,661
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wrangler79 View Post
    No, its not.
    Underpower is a relative term, not an absolute one.
    Like there is no figure or measurement accepted internationally for a car to be declared underpowered.
    I have driven 1.3 Gli AT and found it to be reasonable. Just tell me one place in Pakistan where a 1.8L Corolla can go but 1.3L cannot.
    And if you compare it with other options we have here in 1.3L auto, then its the best.
    City 1.3L auto is 6 years old car now, has a very hard suspension, not as spacious as the Corolla. The car needs high octane to run otherwise start knocking on our regular petrol, whereas Corolla's old 2NZ-FE is a robust engine well suited to our Pakistan conditions.
    Bro, baat yeh nahi hai ke 1.3L kahin ja nahi sikti. Janay ko toh rikshaw bhe ja sikta kahin bhe. Baat hai power ratio ki. This model has bigger body and needs minimum engine 1.6.




    Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

  11. #550
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    KamranAslam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    14,249
    Follows
    3
    Following
    7
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    9
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Hum wafa kar kay bhi tanha rahy gaye.

    Whats next in the list ?
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand..

  12. #551
    PakWheeler Follow
    gitts070's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    Yes, you made a good choice. It's a fact GLI AT is an underpowered car. And people will not accept this reality even after this. Maybe owner tells other reasons because he have to sell it.


    Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    I am not saying Gli A/T is an underpower car.. I chose 1.6 cause with the difference of only 1.25 lacs I was getting "mini grande"..
    I sold my 9th generation Gli to one of the dealer, out of curiosity, he asked me what next.. When I told him that am going to buy GliA/T.. He straight away said.. Bhai jaan 1.6 ley lo.. Hamain yaad karein gey keh sahi maswara dia tha.. Hum ney 10th generation bohat sey altis sale kee hain, bohat Maza dey gee..



    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  13. #552
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    z0haib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,495
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    The biggest mistake I ever made was when I sold off my Viper with just 17000KMs on odo. Truly regret it.

    Hornet is for sale. Demand is in ad section with 1100 KM on odometer, unregistered, plain and simple "No add Ons". In case someone wants with add ons, price will increase.

    Corolla &quotHornet" -1588767

    What next ?
    No Signature because other steal it

  14. #553
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    My reasons are very practical in nature, some of which come with time. It's still not a bad car but for the money invested is absolutely not worth it. Right now I'm trying to recover from a heat stroke that I suffered couple of days back at Karachi while I was away for almost 20 days on an official tour. Will apprise you all of the the not so satisfying experience.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

  15. #554
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Corolla "Hornet"

    All those interested in the add ons that were installed in Hornet and almost never used will be put up for sale and some maybe in form of free give aways.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

  16. #555
    PakWheeler Follow
    jklodhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wah cantt
    Age
    41
    Posts
    448
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I am shocked to hear this. Any particular reason that you might want to share?

  17. #556
    PakWheeler Follow
    nido747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    583
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    My reasons are very practical in nature, some of which come with time. It's still not a bad car but for the money invested is absolutely not worth it. Right now I'm trying to recover from a heat stroke that I suffered couple of days back at Karachi while I was away for almost 20 days on an official tour. Will apprise you all of the the not so satisfying experience.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Hope you will recover soon and ALLAH ALMIGHTY will give you a good health. your reviews are always so amazing that we all are expecting a detail review of this not satisfying experience of 1.3 Gli. i guess this is not the right time to ask this favor but one to two lines will give us hint and end our curiosity and also help other pakwheeler in selecting their tranny. What lack in GLi that you felt ? off course after driving civic and that too of 1.8, a person might need some time to settle for 1.3.

  18. #557
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    And yes, with all my heart and integrity I will honestly tell you reasons for non-satisfaction. Do not expect any cover ups or sugar coating. Plain and simple truth. This will be in a review form and I wish more people read it and learn a lesson.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

  19. #558
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    KamranAslam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    14,249
    Follows
    3
    Following
    7
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    9
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    All those interested in the add ons that were installed in Hornet and almost never used will be put up for sale and some maybe in form of free give aways.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Hock Dock and Scuff Plates are mine. when ever up for sale.

    Changing the ride, I say a nice quick step for a low driven ride.
    @fouadbakht : you still in Karachi or left ? Send me your cell #
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand..

  20. #559
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umair2203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,984
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KamranAslam View Post
    Hock Dock and Scuff Plates are mine. when ever up for sale.

    Changing the ride, I say a nice quick step for a low driven ride.
    @fouadbakht : you still in Karachi or left ? Send me your cell #
    Sir aise tou nhn .. koi proper contest hona chaheye give aways ka .. bdw I want Altis tweeters and inside chrome add ons .. fog lights and phillips bulb tubes .. as these are expensive items so I will pay for them

    Lets see
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

  21. #560
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umair2203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,984
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Ohh and I forgot Get well soon sir :thumbup:
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •