Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 11th Gen Corolla (Hornet): An Unlucky Affair

Introducing Corolla GLi 1.3 (Super ECT)
    Asalamoalikum respected PakWheel members and guests.
    Alhamdolillah, Allah has blessed me with this brand new car after I let
    Viper go to its next handler and keeper, after a very satisfying experience of a little over four years. With blessing from Allah (S.W) and friends like you, I hope to make this is a no-nonsense, extremely informative and enjoyable thread just like Viper. This cannot be possible without your support, appreciation, critique, guidance, sharing and participation. So hop in, like and subscribe.

But, the driving experience has not been anything more than average. The only aspect in which this car stands out (at the moment in Pakistan) is its shape.

Table of Contents
    1. Introduction and Background ------------------------------ Page 1
    2. Stark Naked Review (The Decision)---------------------- Page 1
    3. True Horror Story (On Fuel Consumption) -------------- Page 1
    4. Review (Exterior Styling, Build Quality)------------------- Page 2
    5. Aerodynamics Verification (Thanks @autophile) ------ Page 2
    6. Review (Interior Styling, Layout and Build Quality) --- Page 3
    7. Comparison Recap ------------------------------------------- Page 4
    8. Performance and Drive Quality ---------------------------- Page 4
    9. Final Thoughts and Wrap Up ------------------------------- Page 5
    10.Teaser Photos ------------------------------------------------- Page 5
    11. Fog Lamps (Options, Variety and Selection) ---------- Page 6
    12. Night Visibility Upgrade Philips CrystalVision -------- Page 7
    13. Decide Between White and Black Colours ------------ Page 7
    14. Stainless Scuff Plates (OEM Toyota) ------------------- Page 9
    15. Combo Utility / Multi Purpose Hook Dock ------------- Page 9
    16. Interior Photo Showing Some Changes --------------- Page 11
    17. Night Time Photography ----------------------------------- Page 11
    18. Fresh Update on Drive and Handling ------------------- Page 12
    19. Photography by @Spano's Galaxy Note 4 ------------ Page 12
    20. Steering Controls (Install Photos and Cost) ----------- Page 13
    21. GLi (Auto) Underpower Myth Busted -------------------- Page 13
    22. Hornet's Climb to Monal (Videos) ------------------------ Page 15
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by angelinside View Post
    Cvic hybrid has 1.3L ☺☺☺ lolz
    I know that, but it is hybrid, right. Even then how do you rate its drive compared to r18 Civic?
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

buss ker do bhai.. jis key pass budget hai woh 1.6 ley otherwise settle him/herself on GLI A/T. They all drive the same except the response from the bigger engine.. obviously its fun, when you push and hear a roar from a 1.6 or 1.8 engines.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    Okay, for those who still are undecided on the 1.3 GLi vs 1.6 Altis, a summary will be coming up next in an attempt to settle the issue once and for all. I humbly came out with my observations about the Hornet trying to contribute and also gave the way out or options for IMC and actions at the end user level. My humble request is to bring out the negatives and later the positives so that potential customers benefit from these threads. There is nothing personal here. If I experienced issues in my purchase and if I were to accept that down the road I made few mistakes, I should be open about. There's no reason to defend or bash any particular model.

Yar lagta hai Pakistan vs India match is going on. Lol

Vote: How many of you are in favour of a duel between the 1.3 vs 1.6 in handling and other road tests in video?
    Bhai.. how about chipping Grande CVTi in for comparison along with other variants to settle it once and for all
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    How would you feel if a 1.3 lit engine is put in 8th Gen Civic. How it will drive and handle then? Just to clarify 1.3, 1.6 and 1.8 engines drive feel in same Toyota shells.
    Its the handling bhai. Handling can range from low to high speeds. And please elaborate drive. The COG of 1.6 Altis, 1.3 Gli and 1.8 Altis are the same. Road grips are also the same, handling characteristics minus power are the same. As for your question, I would feel the same way when a Dual VVT-i based 1.6L engine is driven by a Super ECT 4-Speed thats there in the 1.3 GLi AT.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by itsgumbys View Post
    Bhai.. how about chipping Grande CVTi in for comparison along with other variants to settle it once and for all
    They are most welcome. In fact they are enjoying the CVT-i with Paddle Shifters right now somewhere on our roads.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I know that, but it is hybrid, right. Even then how do you rate its drive compared to r18 Civic?
    Its good trust me have driven both
    Where a 1.8L provides all the power the 1.3 L hybrid is not a single bit lagging in drive experience as it has IMA in which the hybrid motor provides simultaneous power which is added to the 1.3L.
    And as foaud bhai has said its a subjective felling of drive pleasure and i felt that jdm hybrid civic was more enthralling than a pkdm r18 civic
    My brain works as a DOCTOR , but my heart was stolen by CARS!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its the handling bhai. Handling can range from low to high speeds. And please elaborate drive. The COG of 1.6 Altis, 1.3 Gli and 1.8 Altis are the same. Road grips are also the same, handling characteristics minus power are the same. As for your question, I would feel the same way when a Dual VVT-i based 1.6L engine is driven by a Super ECT 4-Speed thats there in the 1.3 GLi AT.
    No Fouad bhai just imagine you swapped 1.3 in Reborn, will you get the same handling?

Or same driving pleasure?

And the transmission is not same in 1.3 AT and 1.6 AT. Just FYI.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No Fouad bhai just imagine you swapped 1.3 in Reborn, will you get the same handling?

Or same driving pleasure?

And the transmission is not same in 1.3 AT and 1.6 AT. Just FYI.
    Masroor bhai, click kthe link below and see which engines have been used in 8th Gen Civic:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...lp#post2552436

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@fouadbakht bhai
    Asslam Alikum
    There is nothing wrong to be a car enthusiast but after reading your both reviews about New GLI A/T, I believe many forum fellows might be more confused. I think majority of people who drive Corolla Gli or want to purchase it, need this car for going one place to another place they have different (I say SIMPLE) frame of mind about their cars as compare to enthusiasts. While driving they already have worries in their heads about their jobs , delayed payments,huge electricity bill they gonna pay in few days and off course the creepy traffic jams and in this rush a motorbike rider coming less then an inch near to his beloved car,list goes on. In this scenario I have few questions to ask from a different mind set then yours
    So here are questions of "Mango Man" mentality

How good GLI A/T is if

1- A person want this car for daily use,going and coming back from office,pick or drop kids,going to Matro or Mall of Lahore,Sahrah e Faisal or any good place for shopping.

2-He is going to drive his car at the average speed of 70 to 90 max in rushy and semi rushy areas of city or he may often drive this car in his native town or village. He may travel on motorway or GT road 2 or 3 times in six months

3. He is not speed seeker not a cornering expert and dont want to be known as a drifter

4- He believe in good looks and luxury appearance of this model(14/15)

5-He do not dislike the gap between rear wheel and body, actually he think it is good to have a suspension with higher ground clearance

5- The pure 'Mango Man'' want to keep this car as long as the this model is ''نواں ماڈل " and then he will replace it with new or better option and in all this process he want very small loss or no loss means the car should have better resale value.

please note I do not want to offend you or or any car enthusiast, I ask these questions from an other perspective .Hope you understand and answer these in simplest manner

Regards and best wishes
    "Your time on this Earth is limited, don't live someone Else's life, live by your own vision''.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Masroor bhai, click kthe link below and see which engines have been used in 8th Gen Civic:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...lp#post2552436
    So there is a reason for different displacement engines. What is that reason. More power, more driving pleasure, I guess.

Honda Civic 2006-2011
    1.3 L LDA-MF5 I4, IMA engine (Hybrid)
    1.4 L L13A7 I4 (European model only)
    1.6 L R16A1 I4
    1.8 L R18A1 I4
    2.0 L K20Z3 I4
    2.0 L K20Z2 I4
    2.2 L N22A2 I4 turbodiesel
    2.4 L K24Z5 I4 185HP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'm off to a detailing session of a friend's car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i know one thing for sure that engineer in Toyota were not stupid(not talking about IMC). They mated 1ZRFE with "Aisin 4speed auto transmision" back in 2007 onwards . didn't they know that they are restricting the power of 1ZRFE, which produces 120-124 hp and now you guys think that 2NZFE is equipped with same 4speed AT whether its made by AISIN or some other guys. Its the same right?
    come-on guys grow up! We are not as smart as Toyota's engineers in its research center.
    I agree now IMC should have given 1.6 with better transmission but again its still pretty good with its current transmission and its nothing like 2NZFE.
    just to make it clear, my above statement dosen't mean that 2NZFE is underpower..
    cheers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@fouadbakht @ALL

Consumers believe in value-for-money. Gives the manufacturer a chance to compete against themselves for greater good. The light at the end of the tunnel depicts R&D being delivered as a convenience to the end user. But what if there is none? Indus Motors has a strategic monopoly in its deliverance to common man. There is no competition. Those who will argue about Civic being a competitive model of vehicle against the Corolla iteration by Indus, need to revise their concepts after analyzing the situation at hand - it is a completely different consumer segment. What Atlas or its top hierarchy believes is of little concern to us and is occasionally laughed at in prominent circles with belittling jokes.

You see: We bought into the monopoly of Indus sometime back. We quickly recovered (Military). Honda was given a new lease at its life. Don't ask how.

Coming back to the point, the competition now feeds on differentiating nature of our society- just like spiritualism feeds on the purest of souls. The lack of adaptations between corolla variants renders it as a badge-name-game at best. IMC has previously been burned through their brains for using the recalled Drive Wire module from 1.3 Corolla. It was not a designated equipment for the ZR Controls. Yet they went through that in order to save their running costs.

If people on this thread want to tell a story about how a transaxle of perfect, bolt-on adaptability, not to mention the lack of accessorial needs for actuating the equipment on both motors, is differentiated without creating a drama projected towards the naive and gullible public, they are making a joke on ourselves. Let's not forget that, as consumers, we are Singular. Should we now start talking about how the NZE equipment is transplanted over to the ZR infrastructure causing understeer on the front end to be observed by nearly every individual who has ever had the bad-luck of owning the previous ZR equipped iteration? What many need to understand over at this thread is that they are absolutely right. We are just facing the wrong side of the highway. Look at your backs. It is no longer about how a bigger body shell may well be carried by a motor of significantly low displacement. If anything, we should be thanking indus for that. Found Sir did not make a right decision. That doesn't make everything else fancy and perfect.

Warm Regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gitts070 View Post
    i know one thing for sure that engineer in Toyota were not stupid(not talking about IMC). They mated 1ZRFE with "Aisin 4speed auto transmision" back in 2007 onwards . didn't they know that they are restricting the power of 1ZRFE, which produces 120-124 hp and now you guys think that 2NZFE is equipped with same 4speed AT whether its made by AISIN or some other guys. Its the same right?
    come-on guys grow up! We are not as smart as Toyota's engineers in its research center.
    I agree now IMC should have given 1.6 with better transmission but again its still pretty good with its current transmission and its nothing like 2NZFE.
    just to make it clear, my above statement dosen't mean that 2NZFE is underpower..
    cheers.
    No transmission in Gli AT is different. It's made by Toyota Thailand. The one in Altis 1.6 is Aisin Made in Japan. Check the codes on the chassis plate in the trunk pls.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

whats the difference between these two transmissions used in 1.3at and 1.6 altis?

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No transmission in Gli AT is different. It's made by Toyota Thailand. The one in Altis 1.6 is Aisin Made in Japan. Check the codes on the chassis plate in the trunk pls.
    Can you kindly tell the transaxle ID of your car? Will be much easier to illustrate the difference between the trannies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That's what am talking about but people here are trying to say that both are 4speed auto..
    You didn't understand my point here, what I am saying is that 4speed auto doesn't mean that it's restricting the output of a certain engine.. Whether it's 2nzfe or 1zrfe.. Both the engine will produce the output according to the specs..
    4speed auto doesn't mean that 1.6 will start performing like 1.3..
    Cheers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The most informative and sensible post in this thread so far which is based on facts. You just nailed it sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by faadi112 View Post
    @fouadbakht @ALL

Consumers believe in value-for-money. Gives the manufacturer a chance to compete against themselves for greater good. The light at the end of the tunnel depicts R&D being delivered as a convenience to the end user. But what if there is none? Indus Motors has a strategic monopoly in its deliverance to common man. There is no competition. Those who will argue about Civic being a competitive model of vehicle against the Corolla iteration by Indus, need to revise their concepts after analyzing the situation at hand - it is a completely different consumer segment. What Atlas or its top hierarchy believes is of little concern to us and is occasionally laughed at in prominent circles with belittling jokes.

You see: We bought into the monopoly of Indus sometime back. We quickly recovered (Military). Honda was given a new lease at its life. Don't ask how.

Coming back to the point, the competition now feeds on differentiating nature of our society- just like spiritualism feeds on the purest of souls. The lack of adaptations between corolla variants renders it as a badge-name-game at best. IMC has previously been burned through their brains for using the recalled Drive Wire module from 1.3 Corolla. It was not a designated equipment for the ZR Controls. Yet they went through that in order to save their running costs.

If people on this thread want to tell a story about how a transaxle of perfect, bolt-on adaptability, not to mention the lack of accessorial needs for actuating the equipment on both motors, is differentiated without creating a drama projected towards the naive and gullible public, they are making a joke on ourselves. Let's not forget that, as consumers, we are Singular. Should we now start talking about how the NZE equipment is transplanted over to the ZR infrastructure causing understeer on the front end to be observed by nearly every individual who has ever had the bad-luck of owning the previous ZR equipped iteration? What many need to understand over at this thread is that they are absolutely right. We are just facing the wrong side of the highway. Look at your backs. It is no longer about how a bigger body shell may well be carried by a motor of significantly low displacement. If anything, we should be thanking indus for that. Found Sir did not make a right decision. That doesn't make everything else fancy and perfect.

Regards.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    All this time you were driving with Eurostars. . . .
    What can you expect from them?
    Its not justified to review a car, specially its road grip, when its on Eurostars.
    In your review you proposed ContiComfortContact CC5 tyres as a cure. I am using them in my Gli MT 2015. They have excellent road grip.
    However I would suggest you to go for CC5 Malaysian made as their treadwear rating is more than the German made. 360 vs 250
    You mean to say that it's incorrect to review a car on Factory specs and factory stuff? Heck in that case, you can say that he should've swapped the suspension with a TRD one and then reviewed it. It's the consumer's choice, not a compulsion.
    Under the Coconut tree

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And then I will be writing another review on the tyres? Yar bas na bachey ki jaan logey kia?
    No , then you will enjoy the ride and drive hopefully ..
    Review is not required
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

Closed Thread
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

User Tag List