Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Car Suggestion Needed- 11th Gen Corolla Xli or Gli (for driver & home use)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile Car Suggestion Needed- 11th Gen Corolla Xli or Gli (for driver & home use)

Hello everyone

I am planning to buy a car for family use and it will be mostly driven by our DRIVER.
    I have my mind on the 11th gen Corolla Gli or Xli.

Although Honda City is a better buy but I already had a 2009 Honda City which I sold in 2013 so family doesn't want the same car.

I need your expert opinions and suggestions about going for 11th gen Xli or Gli.

Here are some things I need some help with:
    -Difference between price of both car is about PKR 124K (1625K vs 1749K). *Negative for Gli*

-The most significant difference that matters is that Gli has 'ABS with EBD' (although getting genuine Power Windows, central locking and back armrest are a welcomed thing; aftermarket items fail after a few months). *Positive for Gli*

- Will be buying the 'White' colour option, so Gli doesn't score any points for having more colours available. *Negative for Gli*

Do you think that the increase in price is justified for the Gli or should I simply go for the Xli?
    I would appreciate an honest and quick reply since I want to book it as soon as possible (because of the delivery time).

------------------------------------------------
    Edit: (13th May 2015)
    After getting some very valid suggestion from all of my pakwheel brothers, I have updated the main post with the following:

I am now also considering JDMs in the same budget (1300K to 1600k).
    After browsing Pakwheels used car ads, I think Corolla Axio (or any car with a trunk in good condition), 10th gen Corolla (Gli's /even 2010 Altis) would be a better purchase. Can some suggest (that JDM or used PKDM) is the better option?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

whats JDM and PKDM?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sailare View Post
    Hello everyone

I am planning to buy a car for family use and it will be mostly driven by our DRIVER.
    I have my mind on the 11th gen Corolla Gli or Xli.

Although Honda City is a better buy but I already had a 2009 Honda City which I sold in 2013 so family doesn't want the same car.

I need your expert opinions and suggestions about going for 11th gen Xli or Gli.

Here are some things I need some help with:
    -Difference between price of both car is about PKR 124K (1625K vs 1749K). *Negative for Gli*

-The most significant difference that matters is that Gli has 'ABS with EBD' (although getting genuine Power Windows, central locking and back armrest are a welcomed thing; aftermarket items fail after a few months). *Positive for Gli*

- Will be buying the 'White' colour option, so Gli doesn't score any points for having more colours available. *Negative for Gli*

Do you think that the increase in price is justified for the Gli or should I simply go for the Xli?
    I would appreciate an honest and quick reply since I want to book it as soon as possible (because of the delivery time).

------------------------------------------------
    Edit: (13th May 2015)
    After getting some very valid suggestion from all of my pakwheel brothers, I have updated the main post with the following:

I am now also considering JDMs in the same budget (1300K to 1600k).
    After browsing Pakwheels used car ads, I think Corolla Axio (or any car with a trunk in good condition), 10th gen Corolla (Gli's /even 2010 Altis) would be a better purchase. Can some suggest (that JDM or used PKDM) is the better option?
    ABS is a must have tech. My Corolla was purchased in May and I have already used ABS three or four times. Imagine the money saved and the headache avoided from not hitting the other car. And it is not a hatchback with a small weight that would stop easily. This is a full sedan - no matter what category it is placed abroad. Stopping something this big is no easy task for brakes without ABS. And the extra features like powered windows are a bonus. If you are going for Corolla, don't bother thinking about Xli.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For 124 , ur getting central locking power windows , rear seat hand rest , abs ebd , better stereo system , and also mettalic colours which i suggest u should go for , get a gun met or silver , it wont look like a taxi silver has resale charm , stop looking around for a 5-6 years old jdm car its not worth it , xli of this gen has poor demand , previous gen xli sold double to gli , but now everyone is opting for gli , xli sales are low , after market things ruin ur car , i am very satisfied with my gli auto silver

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Gli A/T 1.3 for sale

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7116181&type=3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Poster, what did you buy?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jklodhi View Post
    Poster, what did you buy?
    Ah rarely does anyone follows back.... Its good someone asked this.

I bought a 2014 Toyota Passo 4.5 Grade (straight off the port), safety wise it has got abs, airbags and all. Great for the family daily runs.

And have also booked a Corolla 1.6 Altis but the driver won't be getting it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good (y)