Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Proverbial_Slang

Thread: Corolla Gli 2012 compressor query.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Corolla Gli 2012 compressor query.

Hey everyone. I need to ask you all regarding my corolla ac issue. It cools perfectly fine. But midway it trips and stays off for like a minute or 2 then turns on itself. Now the problem is at 2pm in peak hot weather why would it turn off and stay off for 2 mins or even less. There is no noise or anything that comes from engine bay. The cooling is otherwise perfect I think.
    Urgent response will be appreciated. Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Please visit Denso Service Centre at queens Road Near PSO Petrol Pump in front of Baba Anayt Shah Darbar. Ph#0423-36363666

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

even i face this in my 2010 , this is normal. no matter how hot or cold it is.it will trip.its normal.so dont worry.
    The Rules R Simple ....... U Break Them - U Die

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by booster View Post
    even i face this in my 2010 , this is normal. no matter how hot or cold it is.it will trip.its normal.so dont worry.
    Thanks for the reply. I got it checked from Toyota walton and another shop. They said the compressors seems okay with slight raise of high/head pressure of compressor which could be due to condenser clogging. Anyways I got it serviced from bashir car ac on walton road with little top up of gas as well. And it seems much better now. Lets see how it copes up.

Btw toyota said that this shape introduced in 2009-10 had numerous complants of compressor which had to be changed by company even 2012 model did have. And once it worsens then no option but to buy a new compressor.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by invincible_doc View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I got it checked from Toyota walton and another shop. They said the compressors seems okay with slight raise of high/head pressure of compressor which could be due to condenser clogging. Anyways I got it serviced from bashir car ac on walton road with little top up of gas as well. And it seems much better now. Lets see how it copes up.

Btw toyota said that this shape introduced in 2009-10 had numerous complants of compressor which had to be changed by company even 2012 model did have. And once it worsens then no option but to buy a new compressor.
    hmm condensor clogging is a sign that soon you will be replacing your compressor also.lets hope not. i got my cars compressor replaced.got a new 2008 pulley compressor (Rs.23000 Denso), got a new condenser(Rs.7000 Denso) changed and also the cooling coil ( Rs.5000 used), service and gas charges (Rs.2500) , A/C card setting (Rs.3000) so it was a big JHATKA on my pocket.
    when you plan to replace your compressor do check all other parts such as the cooling coil, condenser because they all change together.
    btw tripping can also be when the system is low on gas.
    These 2009 onwards rollas have this compressor problem. till then enjoy the cooling.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother there is no shortage of incompetent goons in the market and at 3s. Never volunteer any info which a previous technician has given to the new workshop.

Meaning don't tell anyone that you were told about the compressor being faulty.

It could be you high/low pressure switch or the temp sensor inside the blower assembly. Sometimes the temp sensor gets covered in gunk and becomes wet when ac turns on and gives false reading of cold air.

No biggie. Try outside service of your interior condensor first.

Sent using Curiosity's onboard communications sytem.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmm condensor clogging is a sign that soon you will be replacing your compressor also.lets hope not. i got my cars compressor replaced.got a new 2008 pulley compressor (Rs.23000 Denso), got a new condenser(Rs.7000 Denso) changed and also the cooling coil ( Rs.5000 used), service and gas charges (Rs.2500) , A/C card setting (Rs.3000) so it was a big JHATKA on my pocket.
    when you plan to replace your compressor do check all other parts such as the cooling coil, condenser because they all change together.
    btw tripping can also be when the system is low on gas.
    These 2009 onwards rollas have this compressor problem. till then enjoy the cooling.
    Why did you get the older compressor type. Before 2009 the compressors were having clutch. And now they have solenoid I think. M not a tech guy but I came to know this. Anyways they say this newer sensor based compressor isnt that durable.

I am somewhat disappointed from the quality n durability of this compressor and didnt expect it from toyota. Really I mean mine is 2012 with 41k on odo.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why did you get the older compressor type. Before 2009 the compressors were having clutch. And now they have solenoid I think. M not a tech guy but I came to know this. Anyways they say this newer sensor based compressor isnt that durable.

I am somewhat disappointed from the quality n durability of this compressor and didnt expect it from toyota. Really I mean mine is 2012 with 41k on odo.
    i got the older one because I did alot of research on this new sensor compressor , this new one puts hardly any load on the engine where as the older pulley one makes the engine do some work but its hardly noticeable. I opted for the older one because it does not die easily or becomes faulty like this newer one. You will come across many people complaining about this sensor wala compressor.new 2012 , 2013 rollas also had this problem. so went with the vintage one , i like classic vintage

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i got the older one because I did alot of research on this new sensor compressor , this new one puts hardly any load on the engine where as the older pulley one makes the engine do some work but its hardly noticeable. I opted for the older one because it does not die easily or becomes faulty like this newer one. You will come across many people complaining about this sensor wala compressor.new 2012 , 2013 rollas also had this problem. so went with the vintage one , i like classic vintage
    Aoa. We had a chat regarding corolla ac issue. Can I plz have your mobile number. I would like to talk to u about it. Please send it asap.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List