Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Toyota Corolla gli 2013 1.3

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    sunnyshah56's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Toyota Corolla gli 2013 1.3

    Start of this year I bought a toyota gli 1.3 which had only did 9k km and was kind of new when it arrived and in winters it was fine did service it twice after 4000 km and now it on 18k but since the start of heatwave this summer I'm feeling a considerable loss in power specially with AC on. I know the car and I can feel its running on almost half its power. Took it to a mechanic and he said it normal but is it? Before that I had a civic vti 05 and I never felt anything like this. Is it normal or something wrong with my car. And if yes what should I be doing.


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    usama1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Sir..after driving Vti ..u will feel GLi extreme underpower....around a week back i beat a Gli 2012, only 24k km driven with my Exi 2001 161k driven....i beat that Gli for five times ...stop n run..stop n run stop n run...that too with considerable margin and very very easily....so no match between civic n gli when it comes to power...speed..acceleration and pick...

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    sunnyshah56's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usama1 View Post
    Sir..after driving Vti ..u will feel GLi extreme underpower....around a week back i beat a Gli 2012, only 24k km driven with my Exi 2001 161k driven....i beat that Gli for five times ...stop n run..stop n run stop n run...that too with considerable margin and very very easily....so no match between civic n gli when it comes to power...speed..acceleration and pick...
    Its not about racing. The feel about car pick. Before summers it was acting fine.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,830
    Follows
    7
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyshah56 View Post
    Its not about racing. The feel about car pick. Before summers it was acting fine.
    which engine oil you are feeding to it?
    (maybe its extra thin).
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    sunnyshah56's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    which engine oil you are feeding to it?
    (maybe its extra thin).
    it was Caltex Havoline Fully Synthetic SN4L on recommendation of the mechanic.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,830
    Follows
    7
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyshah56 View Post
    it was Caltex Havoline Fully Synthetic SN4L on recommendation of the mechanic.
    This is actually very good oil for whole year use.
    But if you’re feeling the engine’s power is down, then next time you can try “Toyota’s oil”.
    Toyota’s 10w-30 (that start coming in new packing now) has very good reviews from consumers.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    makhdoom123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,109
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Go to nearest toyota workshop get your car engine serviced , it may cost you 1000 to 1600 depending on dealership
    - Get spark plugs changed (Rs 1400 for 4 spark plugs)
    - Get air filter changed ( Rs 1200 from market thiland made original)(dont buy from dealer ship it will cost you 2400)
    - Get throttle serviced (without taking it out) (included in car engine service of toyota dealership)
    - Get Oxygen sensor serviced (included in car engine service of toyota dealership)
    - Get air flow sensor on the air filter box serviced (included in car engine service of toyota dealership)

    *Doing all this may not resolve your problem but its the first step you should do before any mechenic opens your car up , and dont worry if something goes wrong you are in warranty i guess

    Pretty much thats it

    I have the same car i get it regularly serviced from toyota dealerships , i have driven 64k kilometers. and believe me "Kharcha kro *** tu naye jesi rahy gi warna nae" and no one believes it driven so much and still feels like new

    I get it regularly engine serviced and brake serviced at 10k kms and change plugs at 20k km , i Used Liqui Moly Fully Synthetic 5w40 with genuine oil Filter , genuine air filter
    - I change oil between 6 - 8 k
    - air filter from 3 - 5 k (believe me people will say it works for 20k kms but it does not coz of dusty conditions in pakistan) ( i change so early to get my car perform at its best )

    ** Also the oil you are using is heavy , Try going to 10w30 of liqui moly or zic or shell , you will feel the car to be a little lighter , try changing this oil at 4-5k kms
    i would suggest you dont use 5w40 as i have been using it since i bought the car from 1500 kms to 64k kms and car feels heavier coz 1300cc is not just enough to handle that oil , in my opinion.

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    sunnyshah56's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    Go to nearest toyota workshop get your car engine serviced , it may cost you 1000 to 1600 depending on dealership
    - Get spark plugs changed (Rs 1400 for 4 spark plugs)
    - Get air filter changed ( Rs 1200 from market thiland made original)(dont buy from dealer ship it will cost you 2400)
    - Get throttle serviced (without taking it out) (included in car engine service of toyota dealership)
    - Get Oxygen sensor serviced (included in car engine service of toyota dealership)
    - Get air flow sensor on the air filter box serviced (included in car engine service of toyota dealership)

    *Doing all this may not resolve your problem but its the first step you should do before any mechenic opens your car up , and dont worry if something goes wrong you are in warranty i guess

    Pretty much thats it

    I have the same car i get it regularly serviced from toyota dealerships , i have driven 64k kilometers. and believe me "Kharcha kro *** tu naye jesi rahy gi warna nae" and no one believes it driven so much and still feels like new

    I get it regularly engine serviced and brake serviced at 10k kms and change plugs at 20k km , i Used Liqui Moly Fully Synthetic 5w40 with genuine oil Filter , genuine air filter
    - I change oil between 6 - 8 k
    - air filter from 3 - 5 k (believe me people will say it works for 20k kms but it does not coz of dusty conditions in pakistan) ( i change so early to get my car perform at its best )

    ** Also the oil you are using is heavy , Try going to 10w30 of liqui moly or zic or shell , you will feel the car to be a little lighter , try changing this oil at 4-5k kms
    i would suggest you dont use 5w40 as i have been using it since i bought the car from 1500 kms to 64k kms and car feels heavier coz 1300cc is not just enough to handle that oil , in my opinion.
    Thanks for your detailed analysis of the situation and its highly appreciate but two days after posting this the car was banged up by my younger brother from front and was in toyota motors workshop in isl for 12 days and on return it already felt good. I never told them anything about the problem. Spark plugs air filter and oil was changed and service was done and on return the mechanic ask me to do a wheel balancing and alignment which i did the very day and it felt quite good.
    But now there is a new problem whenever my family which is 2 at front and three at back is in car it starts to hit every single jump in the city. I live in interior rawalpindi so there are quite so many jumps out here. Even when i got that car it hit few jumps but now its kind of a pain to take it out with family. Any suggestion as you know this car well.

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    makhdoom123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,109
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyshah56 View Post
    Thanks for your detailed analysis of the situation and its highly appreciate but two days after posting this the car was banged up by my younger brother from front and was in toyota motors workshop in isl for 12 days and on return it already felt good. I never told them anything about the problem. Spark plugs air filter and oil was changed and service was done and on return the mechanic ask me to do a wheel balancing and alignment which i did the very day and it felt quite good.
    But now there is a new problem whenever my family which is 2 at front and three at back is in car it starts to hit every single jump in the city. I live in interior rawalpindi so there are quite so many jumps out here. Even when i got that car it hit few jumps but now its kind of a pain to take it out with family. Any suggestion as you know this car well.
    well for starters , toyta motor work shops may have changed you shocks, these people change things like a lot you have to keep an eye on everything.
    but i think if the car hits every bump with 3 people sitting at the back , then it is quite normal.
    if it did not happen before the accident then toyota might have changed it.
    just change the rear shocks if you have enough money. get the shocks from market mainly sadar rawalpindi it will cost you 50 percent less then the toyota .

    sorry for late reply i have been very busy lately
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •