Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 201 to 209 of 209
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Corolla 88 Engine Swap, Need Guidance & Suggestions

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Corolla 88 Engine Swap, Need Guidance & Suggestions

    I am writing this on someone's behalf, originally the car had a diesel engine but previously it was swapped with 5AFE and now the owner want to swap it with a petrol engine of newer technology. The engines in consideration are:
    1NZ-FE 1.5L of 2010 model (came in premio)
    1ZZ-FE 1.8L of 2006 model (came in premio)
    3ZZ-FE 1.6L of 2006 model (came in altis)

    Can its also possible to swap with the lastest 2ZR-FE or 2ZR-FAE??

    1. Want to know about pre-swap technical details and other information about engine, related parts, and its compatibility with the car?
    2. The hard part of wiring these engines.....can anyone knows who is doing best wiring of these engines (anywhere in Lahore, Pindi, Peshawar, Karachi)?
    3. And the price of these engines in Karachi, Pindi, Peshawar, Lahore?

    Anyone having past experience with these engines will be very helpful.
    Thnaks....

  2. #201
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Owais_Yunus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,224
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haroon.virk View Post
    For DLC port where to find front cuts.........in Sultan ka khu?

    How to connect DLC port with ECU? The pinout which you shared above is for connecting DLC port with ECU or connecting DLC port with the OBD-II scanner?
    Sultan ka khoo is literally filled with front cuts outside around 70% of the shops. Just look for one between the 2000-2007 range so that the interface would be similar to yours. Vitz, platz, corolla, toyota IST and similar cars would have the interface the same as yours.

    The pinouts in the picture are labelled as the pin in the ecu. Some are just power and ground. You'll need to connect the wires the DLC with the corresponding pins in the ecu.

    When buying the DLC, try to cut as much wire with it from the dashboard as possible so that you have enough wire to work with even if you accidentally cut the wires wrong when wiring it.

  3. #202
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Owais_Yunus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,224
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haroon.virk View Post
    For fiber glass did you remember any shop name at city saddar road, Rawalpindi?

    And where to source glass whool?
    I cant really remember a specific shop at city saddar road, you'll need to look around a little. Both the glasswool and fiberglass would available at city saddar road. For the glasswool, look specifically for shops that sell spars for Water Geysers.

  4. #203
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Owais_Yunus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,224
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haroon.virk View Post
    @Owais_Yunus

    Can you please pm me your contact number, so that during swap if I have to ask/discuss something then it woud be easy for me.

    I've pm'ed you my number.

  5. #204
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owais_Yunus View Post
    You could look in Mitha Ka Ahaata near Saddar or in Sultan ka Khoo. It would typically be available with the suspension guys. The strutbar / braces can be fabricated but the same cannot be done with sway bars because a lot of factors need to be considered when making a sway bar like material, bends, tension etc. Not sure where 3M Auto Glass Urethane would be available though.
    Got it.

    Any good alternative to 3M auto glass urethane?

  6. #205
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owais_Yunus View Post
    Sultan ka khoo is literally filled with front cuts outside around 70% of the shops. Just look for one between the 2000-2007 range so that the interface would be similar to yours. Vitz, platz, corolla, toyota IST and similar cars would have the interface the same as yours.

    The pinouts in the picture are labelled as the pin in the ecu. Some are just power and ground. You'll need to connect the wires the DLC with the corresponding pins in the ecu.

    When buying the DLC, try to cut as much wire with it from the dashboard as possible so that you have enough wire to work with even if you accidentally cut the wires wrong when wiring it.
    The engine is of 2010 model, you said to find between 2000-2007 because of the previous generation ECU? Axio and fielder also have same interface? And which corolla.....xli or gli?

  7. #206
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owais_Yunus View Post
    I cant really remember a specific shop at city saddar road, you'll need to look around a little. Both the glasswool and fiberglass would available at city saddar road. For the glasswool, look specifically for shops that sell spars for Water Geysers.
    Thanks....

  8. #207
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owais_Yunus View Post
    I've pm'ed you my number.
    Thanks again....

  9. #208
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Owais_Yunus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,224
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haroon.virk View Post
    The engine is of 2010 model, you said to find between 2000-2007 because of the previous generation ECU? Axio and fielder also have same interface? And which corolla.....xli or gli?
    Yes, thats the reason that I said 2000-2007. Axio / Axio fielder is run on CAN Bus. The previous generation fielder would have the same interface as yours.

  10. #209
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Owais_Yunus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,224
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haroon.virk View Post
    Got it.

    Any good alternative to 3M auto glass urethane?
    Regular silicone would also work in stopping the leakage, but you'll need to first take out the rubber fittings and properly clean the surface and get rid of all the rust and then use the silicone. Without treating the rusted surface, anything you use wont be too effective because the metal would keep rotting and leaving gaps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •