Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 209
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Corolla 88 Engine Swap, Need Guidance & Suggestions

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Corolla 88 Engine Swap, Need Guidance & Suggestions

    I am writing this on someone's behalf, originally the car had a diesel engine but previously it was swapped with 5AFE and now the owner want to swap it with a petrol engine of newer technology. The engines in consideration are:
    1NZ-FE 1.5L of 2010 model (came in premio)
    1ZZ-FE 1.8L of 2006 model (came in premio)
    3ZZ-FE 1.6L of 2006 model (came in altis)

    Can its also possible to swap with the lastest 2ZR-FE or 2ZR-FAE??

    1. Want to know about pre-swap technical details and other information about engine, related parts, and its compatibility with the car?
    2. The hard part of wiring these engines.....can anyone knows who is doing best wiring of these engines (anywhere in Lahore, Pindi, Peshawar, Karachi)?
    3. And the price of these engines in Karachi, Pindi, Peshawar, Lahore?

    Anyone having past experience with these engines will be very helpful.
    Thnaks....

  2. #161
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    I suggest. ask the yard dealer to show you exhaust manifold from 4 cylinder VITZ / BELTA /PLATZ, The engine bay for both cars is small and am sure if you can get hold of 1 unit directly from engine personally your problem will be 80% solved 20% will be about the exhaust fabricator.
    Ok I will try this. If find the exhaust manifold then why exhaust fabricator? Or by exhaust fabricator you mean fabricating the heat shield?

  3. #162
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haroon.virk View Post
    Ok.

    How the lowering stuff is countered by getting 14 inch rims.......Can you explain?
    Your Purpose Of Car Being Lifted Uphigh And Road Grip Will BE Solved By Using 14's....
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  4. #163
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Owais_Yunus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,224
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haroon.virk View Post
    This is also a good idea. I think fiber glass comes in two forms, soft & hard.......which will be used? Its easily available as compared to heat wrap........where can I get fiber glass in Isl/pindi? And what is glass wool? Your car also have this steering rack clearance issue?

    Today I saw Corolla Xli 2007/2008 model having 2NZ-FE engine, its headers are very short & also have short curves. They look like the one whose picture is shared by @capsat , in fact they are looking smaller than the picture.
    No, I have quite some room around the firewall but still, I've planned to get a heat shield for it for some time. Cars that come with this engine have the firewall specifically designed to allow space around the exhaust.

    About the fiberglass, its available at city saddar road Rawalpindi. Glasswool is the insulation used inside geysers, cooling/heating ducts. Its also used in exhausts for noise absorption.

  5. #164
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    Your Purpose Of Car Being Lifted Uphigh And Road Grip Will BE Solved By Using 14's....
    My previous purpose was not to lift the car but to lower it and also to get good road grip.

  6. #165
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Owais_Yunus

    Where can I find these things in Pindi?

    I think two strut bars are installed in order to make a 3 point strut bar.


    Corolla 88 Engine Swap Need Guidance & Suggestions -1623659

    Or this type of, which is a 3 point strut bar? Its better to find 3 point strut bar, otherwise I have to install two strut bars to make a 3 point.

    Corolla 88 Engine Swap Need Guidance & Suggestions -1623669

  7. #166
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    And also rear strut bar?


    Corolla 88 Engine Swap Need Guidance & Suggestions -1623668

  8. #167
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Rear anti-roll bar?


    Corolla 88 Engine Swap Need Guidance & Suggestions -1623670

  9. #168
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Front anti-toll bar?


    Corolla 88 Engine Swap Need Guidance & Suggestions -1623671

  10. #169
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Owais_Yunus

    This is a picture of strut bar installed in AE100, can you confirm me that both AE90 and AE100 share same kind of strut bars? I think both share the same.

    Corolla 88 Engine Swap Need Guidance & Suggestions -1623672

  11. #170
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owais_Yunus View Post
    No, I have quite some room around the firewall but still, I've planned to get a heat shield for it for some time. Cars that come with this engine have the firewall specifically designed to allow space around the exhaust.

    About the fiberglass, its available at city saddar road Rawalpindi. Glasswool is the insulation used inside geysers, cooling/heating ducts. Its also used in exhausts for noise absorption.
    Glass wool for noise absorption in the exhausts of car? Which will serve the purpose better........fiber glass or glass wool?

  12. #171
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    Since You Swapped A Z-Gen Engine In Earlier E Series Car....Your Firewall Clearance To Engine Is Quiet Less...In That Case I Would Suggest Heat Wrap + Shield....Else BEside Steering....Passenger And Driver Will Also Feel A Nice Warm Mild Sensation While Driving.....! Good For Winters To Make Your Soles Warm....!
    I am a little bit confused here and don't know which way to go.

    The compulsory first thing is to find header of short size having smaller curves/bends. After that the second thing which I have to do and where I am confused is either go for heat wrap + heat shield Or a double layered heat shield having fiber glass/glass wool between them?

    @capsat @Owais_Yunus Also need suggestion from your side.
    Thanks....

  13. #172
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,597
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    in my opinion if you can get hold of an exhaust manifold from a 1300 cc Vitz/Belta/Platz you will only need a heat shield which is not a rocket science to fabricate by a professional or an experienced silencer shop. You may request help from member in Rawalpindi @fouadhafeez chk thread here he has great passion for DIY and knows good fabricators in Rawalpindi
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  14. #173
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haroon.virk View Post
    I am a little bit confused here and don't know which way to go.

    The compulsory first thing is to find header of short size having smaller curves/bends. After that the second thing which I have to do and where I am confused is either go for heat wrap + heat shield Or a double layered heat shield having fiber glass/glass wool between them?

    @capsat @Owais_Yunus Also need suggestion from your side.
    Thanks....
    Get Hands On Manifold 1st.....And See Clearance....If Its Good Enough....You Will Do Good With A Good Heat Shield.....If Clearance Is Not So Good....A Heat Shield Along With Heat Wrap Will Be More Better As I Think You Don't Like Your Steering Rack Seals To Fail After Every Few Months
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  15. #174
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    in my opinion if you can get hold of an exhaust manifold from a 1300 cc Vitz/Belta/Platz you will only need a heat shield which is not a rocket science to fabricate by a professional or an experienced silencer shop. You may request help from member in Rawalpindi @fouadhafeez chk thread here he has great passion for DIY and knows good fabricators in Rawalpindi
    I don't have any idea about heat shield that either its made of ordinary metal or some special kind of metal? Special means heat resistant type metal.


    I have to uninstall wind screen because of water leaking through the wind screen molding, and when it has to be reinstall which type of silicon is used? Because last time when wind screen is replaced they used some cheap silicon which hardens very quickly.

    So tell me good quality silicon for this purpose as I don't want to uninstall it again because of cheap silicon.

  16. #175
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    Get Hands On Manifold 1st.....And See Clearance....If Its Good Enough....You Will Do Good With A Good Heat Shield.....If Clearance Is Not So Good....A Heat Shield Along With Heat Wrap Will Be More Better As I Think You Don't Like Your Steering Rack Seals To Fail After Every Few Months
    Ok. But I also have to keep the second option as stand by, in chance if clearance is not good. I managed to find heat wrap and the price I get is 250/foot, so tell me how much length (feet) is required to cover the exhaust header?

    And one question which I already once asked that heat wrap causes the exhaust manifold to rot quite quickly as @Owais_Yunus previously mentioned, therefore tell me how close is this to reality?

  17. #176
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haroon.virk View Post
    Ok. But I also have to keep the second option as stand by, in chance if clearance is not good. I managed to find heat wrap and the price I get is 250/foot, so tell me how much length (feet) is required to cover the exhaust header?

    And one question which I already once asked that heat wrap causes the exhaust manifold to rot quite quickly as @Owais_Yunus previously mentioned, therefore tell me how close is this to reality?
    Quantity Depends On Your Manifold Size...It Will Not Get Heat Get Away From Manifold So It Will Probably Stop A Cool Down Process Resulting In More Temp Inside Resulting In Shorter Life....! How Much..No One Can Tell

    For Windshield Find 3M P.U(Poly Urethane) Sealant And Fix It With That
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  18. #177
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    Quantity Depends On Your Manifold Size...It Will Not Get Heat Get Away From Manifold So It Will Probably Stop A Cool Down Process Resulting In More Temp Inside Resulting In Shorter Life....! How Much..No One Can Tell

    For Windshield Find 3M P.U(Poly Urethane) Sealant And Fix It With That
    It means that heat wrap do have affect on the cooling process of exhaust and thus resulting in shorter life of exhaust manifold. And this in turn also have any affect on the engine temperature? In this situation what about the double heat shield idea? Will a double heat shield having fiber glass between them give same results as that of heat wrap + heat shield or less effective?

    Is this how a 3M P.U(Poly Urethane) Sealant looks like? Is it easily available? And does it has fake copies in market like other famous products?

    Corolla 88 Engine Swap Need Guidance & Suggestions -1623940

    Corolla 88 Engine Swap Need Guidance & Suggestions -1623941

  19. #178
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    08693 Is Product Code For 3M Auto Glass Urethane And I Never Underestimate Ustaadi Of People Here Who Makes Copies...Would Be Hard But Not Impossible To Make One

    Engine Temp Will Not Have Much Effect As You Are Not Restricting It But Just Blocking Manifold Heat To SPread Across Engine Bay...Heat Will Pass Out From Exhaust....Use 1.45" Down-pipe With Good Flow Resonator....!

    Put 02 Sensor Before Resonator And You Will Do Fine....!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  20. #179
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Owais_Yunus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,224
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haroon.virk View Post
    @Owais_Yunus

    This is a picture of strut bar installed in AE100, can you confirm me that both AE90 and AE100 share same kind of strut bars? I think both share the same.

    Corolla 88 Engine Swap Need Guidance & Suggestions -1623672

    You'll most probably need to get the braces fabricated with thick gauge pipe and MS plates on the strut towers. Get the MS plate machined to the size of your strut tower area and then properly weld the tubes by taking measurements. You may also make the bars adjustable. A friend deals in strut bars for Toyotas, I'll ask him too if he has one in stock.

  21. #180
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Owais_Yunus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,224
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haroon.virk View Post
    Glass wool for noise absorption in the exhausts of car? Which will serve the purpose better........fiber glass or glass wool?
    Both will work fine. Whichever is easier to source and use, you can go for it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •