87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My take on the 11th gen Corolla

Our new Gli MT finally arrived after a wait of more than 4 months and lots of arguing with dealership but finally it's here. This thread format will be different form others in the fact that here I will give my impressions of the car in light of having a 9th gen Altis, a 10th gen Altis and 10th gen gli and now this all together in the same household and seeing how far IMC has progressed. Having owed each generation of Corolla since 80s and three generations of Honda Civic as well ill try to make the review interesting with lots of healthy comparisons on usefull factual points. Plus some cheeky comparisons here and there with the Mercedes may not hurt either.

So stay tuned I'll be updating with pics and also be discussing add ons in this thread. The car purpose is to be used as a daily driver so I am not the sole person responsible for it so I'll be reviewing it from a objective standpoint in this thread rather than merely describing it as the owner.

page 1....... delivery and initial impressions

review pending.

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using PW Forums

If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    are you satisfied with it ?
    kindly compare it in drive factor too
    Thanks
    initally i mentioned that i really like it now as time passes i am going in the other direction but you'll have to wait a bit for the complete review. the car documents and registration plates are yet to arrive so i haven't driven it on roads yet so i cant give a proper view of the drive factor yet. lahore police are having a crackdown these days against black windows and fake no plates in eid days so i am not taking it outside.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sial_ali View Post
    Mubarak ho bhai.

I really like the interior especially the dials but I didnt find this car as comfortable as 02-08 corolla
    thanks i have a 06 altis and well to me comfort means these things so ill give a quick comparison in my personal view

1. SPACE: winner 2015 corolla hands down its bigger in every dimension
    2. SEATS: winner 06 it has bigger and wider front seats so more comfortable on long journeys and the back portion of the seat at least seemed more supportive to me
    3. Ergonomics: winner 2015 corolla, better designed doorcards giving more kneeroom, telescopic steering, and i think both are a tie in driving position i haven't found a better position in the new one yet
    4. suspension: i cant say yet as i haven driven much the new car.

so on the face of it the new corolla seems to be more comfortable but the old car might still be more conformable when it comes to driving but ill have to extensive drive the new car to find out.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulations and interesting review, feedback analysis so far.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

okay i am back, now reason i was away for so long was a) very busy and more importantly number 2 the car turned out to be a woeful disappointment and extremely substandard quality.

once the number plate arrived started driving and noticed that the passenger side of the car seemed lower than the driver side car did not seem balanced and grip was pathetic. took out a measuring tape and sure enough left hand side of the car was 20mm lower than the driver side. the strut was in a terrible state,

My take on the 11th gen Corolla -1609464

you can see clear rust on a less than 100km driven car, the reason i didn't notice the tilt to one side on delivery was that tyre pressures i later checked were 50psi on left side 37psi on right side hence it seemed balanced at that time at least.

immediately complained to toyota, now i would have mentioned all of this before given time but reason i didn't write in this thread was that i wanted to give toyota indus a chance and see how they deal my issue otherwise i think i might be discouraging or affecting the image of the car to prospecting buyers which already dont have much choice give only city and corolla available as brand new cars.

and at least i am relieved to say that toyota walton motors did understand the problem, the replaced it under warranty but took too long time in the whole process and as compensation they fitted brand new 2015 manufactured pirelli P1 Centurato Verde tyres as gratitude that we stayed patient and did not complain higher up. now the car is finally level and with pirellis drive is so so much better i dont know if it was the shocks or the tyres but car was rubbish to drive before now its at least somewhat enjoyable.

ill be resuming my review soon.

ill also later upload images i think i still have them of measuring tape showing car lower at one side if anybody asks for it and also more quality issues including badly scratched up steel rims behind hubcaps which i found out when tyres were being changed. overall its the most disappointing car we ever purchased.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kindly do give your analysis on the underpower aspect, mine would arrive in a month and i'm really curious about the underpower rumor.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahadmustafa1 View Post
    Kindly do give your analysis on the underpower aspect, mine would arrive in a month and i'm really curious about the underpower rumor.
    sorry in advance for a long post, if in a rush just read the first and last paragraph
    just to give a outset view
    so far i have driven 1000km

first lets define underpowered, right now everybody is mentioning it as a subjective thing, people's definition of underpowered may vary and does vary considerably.

to me objectively underpowered means when in a car (in a normal not speeding driving situation) a need ever arises to go full throttle to overtake or get out of a situation its underpowered. in gli sadly in many situations i found need to go full throttle the power was simply not there so according to me its underpowered because i can easily go full throttle at any time without any consequences the car never accelerates anywhere quick. this to me is also slightly annoying and dangerous as it can be a hazard while overtaking if you are used to driving bigger engined cars where you press the throne and there is immediate torque to finish the manuvre where as in a gli you'll have to wait a but for revs to build up, 4th gear at 60km/h try going full throttle you'll really struggle to even get pass 70 if you are climbing a bridge you must shift down.

now you probably get used to it and drive accordingly so dont be disheartened, it can certainly go anywhere in paksitan conquer any hill but that is not a compliment in it self as if a car sold in paksitan cant get up any public road then it should never be sold in the country in the first place.

so in a nutshell compered to 1.6 1.8 or city's 100hp 1.3 yes its underpowered as you can be in situations in normal driving where you wished you had more power just to complete that manuver more safely and more comfortably without any stress or notice.i am not talking about for thrill, its a family car anyway.

all other cars in my house are 1.8 and over so maybe i am being too harsh, its enjoyable and when you are in the right revs at the right time you actually have a decent amount of thrust. compared to our 2010 gli 1.3 i feel it more slower than that but its in the running stage and oil hasn't changed yet, that car is running on fully synethic mobil 1 so i think the new one will get better after running but maybe the bigger body and addition of catalytic convertor make it even slower than last generation.

purpose is not to worry you i am more than sure that you'll be 100% satisfied with the performance of your car under most situations only if you compare car head to head then you notice whether its underpowered, if in a hypothetical example there was only one car sold in the world and we looked at it alone underpowered word wont be in the dictionary even because there is no benchmark to compare too, so only when you fall into comparison does that issue arise, if you look at your car without regard to anything else you'll not find it underpowered and will enjoy it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    sorry in advance for a long post, if in a rush just read the first and last paragraph
    just to give a outset view
    so far i have driven 1000km

first lets define underpowered, right now everybody is mentioning it as a subjective thing, people's definition of underpowered may vary and does vary considerably.

to me objectively underpowered means when in a car (in a normal not speeding driving situation) a need ever arises to go full throttle to overtake or get out of a situation its underpowered. in gli sadly in many situations i found need to go full throttle the power was simply not there so according to me its underpowered because i can easily go full throttle at any time without any consequences the car never accelerates anywhere quick. this to me is also slightly annoying and dangerous as it can be a hazard while overtaking if you are used to driving bigger engined cars where you press the throne and there is immediate torque to finish the manuvre where as in a gli you'll have to wait a but for revs to build up, 4th gear at 60km/h try going full throttle you'll really struggle to even get pass 70 if you are climbing a bridge you must shift down.

now you probably get used to it and drive accordingly so dont be disheartened, it can certainly go anywhere in paksitan conquer any hill but that is not a compliment in it self as if a car sold in paksitan cant get up any public road then it should never be sold in the country in the first place.

so in a nutshell compered to 1.6 1.8 or city's 100hp 1.3 yes its underpowered as you can be in situations in normal driving where you wished you had more power just to complete that manuver more safely and more comfortably without any stress or notice.i am not talking about for thrill, its a family car anyway.

all other cars in my house are 1.8 and over so maybe i am being too harsh, its enjoyable and when you are in the right revs at the right time you actually have a decent amount of thrust. compared to our 2010 gli 1.3 i feel it more slower than that but its in the running stage and oil hasn't changed yet, that car is running on fully synethic mobil 1 so i think the new one will get better after running but maybe the bigger body and addition of catalytic convertor make it even slower than last generation.

purpose is not to worry you i am more than sure that you'll be 100% satisfied with the performance of your car under most situations only if you compare car head to head then you notice whether its underpowered, if in a hypothetical example there was only one car sold in the world and we looked at it alone underpowered word wont be in the dictionary even because there is no benchmark to compare too, so only when you fall into comparison does that issue arise, if you look at your car without regard to anything else you'll not find it underpowered and will enjoy it.
    I have driven 5k nd reviewed, plz check my thread. I had 10gen xli nd it was much responsive then this new 1, u r right bro about catalyic converter.

I am worried about the owners, they will surely face dashboard noise as I hav seen those pethatic cheap made plastic locks.

Had a mark on interior fender right side, still my complain is under observation lolzzz but I hav no more worry I hav sold tat 1.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by navidhashmi View Post
    I have driven 5k nd reviewed, plz check my thread. I had 10gen xli nd it was much responsive then this new 1, u r right bro about catalyic converter.

I am worried about the owners, they will surely face dashboard noise as I hav seen those pethatic cheap made plastic locks.

Had a mark on interior fender right side, still my complain is under observation lolzzz but I hav no more worry I hav sold tat 1.
    i haven't had any dashboard noise issues yet at 1000km mark yet sure hope i dont, but a clip did break on the rear bumper making it slighty loose.

dasboard noise seems to be a common issue on all pkdm cars sometimes caused by aftermarket additions or tracker (my car has no tracker) the noise was present on our 2011 civic oriel when we had it and i have also heard this issue in new civics mostly with tracker, but you are right, its disappointing and not as good in power as previous gen felt and many people infact have sold theirs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

okay i am back, now reason i was away for so long was a) very busy and more importantly number 2 the car turned out to be a woeful disappointment and extremely substandard quality.

once the number plate arrived started driving and noticed that the passenger side of the car seemed lower than the driver side car did not seem balanced and grip was pathetic. took out a measuring tape and sure enough left hand side of the car was 20mm lower than the driver side. the strut was in a terrible state,

My take on the 11th gen Corolla -1609464

you can see clear rust on a less than 100km driven car, the reason i didn't notice the tilt to one side on delivery was that tyre pressures i later checked were 50psi on left side 37psi on right side hence it seemed balanced at that time at least.

immediately complained to toyota, now i would have mentioned all of this before given time but reason i didn't write in this thread was that i wanted to give toyota indus a chance and see how they deal my issue otherwise i think i might be discouraging or affecting the image of the car to prospecting buyers which already dont have much choice give only city and corolla available as brand new cars.

and at least i am relieved to say that toyota walton motors did understand the problem, the replaced it under warranty but took too long time in the whole process and as compensation they fitted brand new 2015 manufactured pirelli P1 Centurato Verde tyres as gratitude that we stayed patient and did not complain higher up. now the car is finally level and with pirellis drive is so so much better i dont know if it was the shocks or the tyres but car was rubbish to drive before now its at least somewhat enjoyable.

ill be resuming my review soon.

ill also later upload images i think i still have them of measuring tape showing car lower at one side if anybody asks for it and also more quality issues including badly scratched up steel rims behind hubcaps which i found out when tyres were being changed. overall its the most disappointing car we ever purchased.
    Shocked and relieved at the same time .. glad that Toyota listened and compensated you well
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

continuing further having mentioned the setbacks over previous gen there are also many worthwhile improvements.

1.has any one noticed that this time there are proper 3 seatbelts for rear passengers unlike before where there was only a lap belt for centre passenger, its a welcome safety addition

My take on the 11th gen Corolla -1613050

2. ride quality is no doubt much more smoother now

3. clutch is very light compared to before

4. cabin itself has less road noise than before

5. and of course there is no denying it the cabin is way bigger than before even though the whole car only grew 2inches longer they found additional 4 inches of legroom in the rear. how did they do that?? its like going from a 740i to 740Li you really notice the difference. part of it was accomplished by making the front seats even thinner and making the wheelbase longer by moving the wheels further towards the corners.

overall cabin design i itself find very handsome for the majority part.
    My take on the 11th gen Corolla -1613052My take on the 11th gen Corolla -1613061

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Tried to do a DIY on steering controls but they simply would not work with this head unit, the SWC screen remained freezed and I called a expert at my house even he coudnt get it to work for some reason even though the clock Spring was brand new OEM and another set of steering controls did not work Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1441468106.281673.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  184.5 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1441468134.519753.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  202.6 KB

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Which headunit is this?
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Which headunit is this?
    its a 10.2inch android headunit version kitkat, its the regular Chinese brand variety no label or anything.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its a 10.2inch android headunit version kitkat, its the regular Chinese brand variety no label or anything.
    from where did you bought it and whats its price ?
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

from where did you bought it and whats its price ?
    i had it imported by a friend couple months back, and installed it at home, it costed me 32k, now these are available in market as well.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i had it imported by a friend couple months back, and installed it at home, it costed me 32k, now these are available in market as well.
    but it will void warranty

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My take on the 11th gen Corolla

but it will void warranty
    Not really I had it installed and afterwards as I have described above there was a problem with the car suspension, they fixed everything under warranty
    Suspension has no relation to head unit so no breach warranty

The only warranty I guess would be a problem to claim would be of a electrical problem if any occurred.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not really I had it installed and afterwards as I have described above there was a problem with the car suspension, they fixed everything under warranty
    Suspension has no relation to head unit so no breach warranty

The only warranty I guess would be a problem to claim would be of a electrical problem if any occurred.

yes iam also talking about electrical components warranty.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes iam also talking about electrical components warranty.
    I would not imagine that they would mind and even so there isn't anything to go wrong in the electrics anyway

Engine electrics are a different topic and I don't think if a engine electric coil failed they would not entertain because someone installed a head unit

Rest modification is upto you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would not imagine that they would mind and even so there isn't anything to go wrong in the electrics anyway

Engine electrics are a different topic and I don't think if a engine electric coil failed they would not entertain because someone installed a head unit

Rest modification is upto you

3s guys just need a small point so that they deny you to claim any fault in warranty.
    well if we look other rollas.
    in which cng is being installed on them on the first day of purchase as majorty of car owners dont know about car warranty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List