Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AC compressor for Altis 1.6 Auto (2013)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default AC compressor for Altis 1.6 Auto (2013)

Asalam o Alaikum,

My ac compressor of altis 1.6 keeps on tripping by itself. Got it checked from several mechanics and all suggested that compressor should be altered. The thing is .... 1.6 auto has a double sensor compressor and I don't know if its ok to alter it with older kabli or 2005 corolla one. Can any1 suggest anything here ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    When the issue occurs, my questions remain:

What are the high and low side pressures when the compressor trips? Does the system pass the vacuum integrity test? Is the service machine clean of contaminants?
    Nops never checked these things.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Nops never checked these things.
    As I said before, proper servicing is important for good AC performance. Throwing parts at the problem or blaming the design does not help at all.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As I said before, proper servicing is important for good AC performance. Throwing parts at the problem or blaming the design does not help at all.
    Cannot agree with you more, But this is something happening, I was at the AC shop getting the compressor bearing replaced and their was a almost brand new Corolla maximum a month old getting its compressor replaced, Yes it was a pathan bhae and i could say the car looked accidented so could be another reason of the failed compressor.

But what im trying to tell you is that in my case its working pretty much okay after the replacing of the compressor.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The compresor in Corollas after 2008, PKDM ones are made in Pakistan, Usually ive heard they fail as soon as 1 month old cars.

Althou this is just what i have heard, In my case our Corollas Condensor leaked, I got it replaced and faced the Compresor tripping issue after that. Someone told me that oil you have put is not the right kind for this compresor that is why this happened.

I have however changed my cars compressor with a brand new one but of a 8th Generation Corolla (without sensor with clutch i guess).

Someone on Pakwheels mentioned that Corollas are prone to this issue and it is caused by a weak relay or coil, Il try to find the thread, That guy claims changing the relay or the coil can fix this issue easily.
    the problem is with improper service techniques based on guess work used by our ustads, not servicing the a/c system properly puts pressure on compressor, the clutch type would run like this until damaged while the sensor one trips when it detects abnormal operation. the same ustads which declared efi cars failure infront of carburetor because they themselves weren't willing to learn how to work on them and people were happy as long as their cars ran whether properly or improperly as ustad sets the standard whether something is working right or not.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    the problem is with improper service techniques based on guess work used by our ustads, not servicing the a/c system properly puts pressure on compressor, the clutch type would run like this until damaged while the sensor one trips when it detects abnormal operation. the same ustads which declared efi cars failure infront of carburetor because they themselves weren't willing to learn how to work on them and people were happy as long as their cars ran whether properly or improperly as ustad sets the standard whether something is working right or not.
    It is not just that inability, but also poor equipment. For example, all AC service machines have their own dessicant and filter cartridge to keep the refrigerant supply clean. How many machines are serviced with this element to keep them up to the task? How many machines have their pump oil changed so that they can pull the proper vacuum to remove all air from the system to recharge properly? Many intermittent problems are due to moisture in the system that freezes and thaws as the AC tries to operate.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cannot agree with you more, But this is something happening, I was at the AC shop getting the compressor bearing replaced and their was a almost brand new Corolla maximum a month old getting its compressor replaced, Yes it was a pathan bhae and i could say the car looked accidented so could be another reason of the failed compressor.

But what im trying to tell you is that in my case its working pretty much okay after the replacing of the compressor.
    What does "working pretty much okay" mean? What is the air outlet temperature and the drop from ambient temperature? Is that within specifications?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What does "working pretty much okay" mean? What is the air outlet temperature and the drop from ambient temperature? Is that within specifications?
    It means it working at should. Trips as it should. And not giving me any trouble. Haven't checked the temperatures your referring too. But as I said earlier after the change of compressor the ac system works flaw less. The compressor is for 2NZ-FE since corolla 9th and 10Th gen share the same 1300cc engine. So it's probably on specifications just that's it's an older model compressor that is without the sensor

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It means it working at should. Trips as it should. And not giving me any trouble. Haven't checked the temperatures your referring too. But as I said earlier after the change of compressor the ac system works flaw less. The compressor is for 2NZ-FE since corolla 9th and 10Th gen share the same 1300cc engine. So it's probably on specifications just that's it's an older model compressor that is without the sensor
    "Probably on specifications" is speculation. Knowing the temperatures is the proper way to assess for specified cooling performance.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

"Probably on specifications" is speculation. Knowing the temperatures is the proper way to assess for specified cooling performance.
    Sir Jee it wasn't just hawa mein teer.

Since im not a mechanic and it is not my line of expertise I had to go and get it checked by Ac mechanics. I checked 2 places and also went to Toyota dealer ship namely Toyota central motors at all places I was reported that the compressor is faulty and is griping the system needs o be replaced.

so I had to do what the Ac mechanics told me or else I'd be left with a car with a faulty Ac

10th gen compressor was costing 46,000 and 9th gen corolla compressor costed 28k. I went with the cheaper option since they both didn't had any warranty after I left the shop

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir Jee it wasn't just hawa mein teer.

Since im not a mechanic and it is not my line of expertise I had to go and get it checked by Ac mechanics. I checked 2 places and also went to Toyota dealer ship namely Toyota central motors at all places I was reported that the compressor is faulty and is griping the system needs o be replaced.

so I had to do what the Ac mechanics told me or else I'd be left with a car with a faulty Ac

10th gen compressor was costing 46,000 and 9th gen corolla compressor costed 28k. I went with the cheaper option since they both didn't had any warranty after I left the shop
    And not one of them measured the air outlet temperature?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List