Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Worst Experience "11 Gen"

Dear Every one AOA,

First i would like to highlight that the purpose of this thread is not demoralize existing owners of 11 Gen Corolla, purpose is to share reality only which i have faced want to share with all of you.

I will share my exp point by point.

Gli 2015, MT 1.3

1. Under powered car especially on hilly areas, just had a trip to bhurban, thandiani, nathiagali and murree..... 2 adults 2 kids and luggage.I had before 10gen xli and didnt face such driving exp which i have faced this time

2. Fuel consumption is also bad from Lahore to Multan @ 100 to 120 kmph it gave me 13.4 avg with new First oil change from Toyota Ravi Lahore

3. Paint Quality was bad

4. Interior right rear fender having mark

5. Above all my car started noise from dashboard side after completing 2200km, i went to toyota city motors and asked them to check, they have open the front pannel of dash and then again fitted it, it works 2 days fine but again it get started. When i again went to them they told me this is your illusion ..lolzzzz i requested them again to recheck then they said have a trip then came back might be noise get more then we will solve it.

I went out on vocations till thandiani , i made 2000km trip and guyz i made this trip by hearing noise from my dashboard. Thats very strange after spending almost 1.9 m u will get mehran like noises from brand new car.

Well in the end when i came back to home i sold it out, because i need peace of mind.

I have found this forum to speak out and light my anger for Toyota so thought of posting this thread.

Best wishes for all of the owners of 11Gen.

ALLAH bless you all.

Tc

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For all your worries. .get a Grande..that too 6 MT...
    Trust me. ...i have one. .and its magnificent
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sent from my HD2 without using the handset itself!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Even if i sell my gli MT on own, i would be less of funds to go for Altis 1.6 :/
    Aint got extra money.. I need some serious advice here.
    This thread has broken my heart i feel my ride ditched me

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilal49er View Post
    For all your worries. .get a Grande..that too 6 MT...
    Trust me. ...i have one. .and its magnificent
    Bro i've driven grande and its quite great but my dad isnt that generous, he isnt ready to give me more than 2million. Even 1.6 Altis is off budget -_- Moreover, waiting is more like suffering :s its a pain seriously!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    Bro, there is no new technology used for GLI.

Manual is not so much underpowered. But you can feel this thing in GLI AT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it any better than the 10gen gli, i mean would it be exactly the same :s

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahadmustafa1 View Post
    Is it any better than the 10gen gli, i mean would it be exactly the same :s
    Personally, i like the drive of 10th gen than 11th gen. You are going to buy GLI M/T so, it will not be as much underpowered as GLI A/T is.
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Even if i sell my gli MT on own, i would be less of funds to go for Altis 1.6 :/
    Aint got extra money.. I need some serious advice here.
    This thread has broken my heart i feel my ride ditched me
    Don't get depressed, I hope you've seen the threads of @aliusman420 and @fouadbakht of their Gli AT's.
    If you haven't, then do check. Underpowered mystery has been solved pretty well there.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
    Don't get depressed, I hope you've seen the threads of @aliusman420 and @fouadbakht of their Gli AT's.
    If you haven't, then do check. Underpowered mystery has been solved pretty well there.
    Thanks braather, atleast there is someone in favor.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks braather, atleast there is someone in favor.
    I've travelled in Gli AT of a friend. My first question after sitting in his car was about underpowered thing and he cleared my misconception within few minutes. So don't worry.
    It has the power you can expect from a 1300cc.

Underpowered myth busted in this video during the journey of monal. A must watch indeed.

Credits: Fouad Bakht.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2p...-take-off_auto

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i find the statements highly biased as one see increased Glis on road. if someone has expectations of 1.6 power in 1.3 or thought that being new ll be top of the moon, he is misguided. 9th gen had more power than 10th gen and so on because of low power to weight ratio. this does not mean that new cars are bad, take some time to adjust it

P.S. i own 10th gen and previously kept 9th gen .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jklodhi View Post
    i find the statements highly biased as one see increased Glis on road. if someone has expectations of 1.6 power in 1.3 or thought that being new ll be top of the moon, he is misguided. 9th gen had more power than 10th gen and so on because of low power to weight ratio. this does not mean that new cars are bad, take some time to adjust it

One more thing, every successive generation has better aerodynamic design as compared to its predecessor. That results in better handling and improved fuel economy at higher speeds.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've travelled in Gli AT of a friend. My first question after sitting in his car was about underpowered thing and he cleared my misconception within few minutes. So don't worry.

Underpowered myth busted in this video during the journey of monal. A must watch indeed.

(Part-1) The Take Off - Video Dailymotion
    I think we should post inputs which would be beneficial for the questioner, One should face the reality. Under power dosent mean u are going to make a car a donkey cart nor car gonna twochain some kinda tractor.

Dear all brothers under power myth you feel when you have driven cars of similar variants. I had xli2010 i drove it for 4 years and after selling it i bought 11gen gli so i could give you better example.

I really didnt feel my car under powered in multan roads means on flat roads but though pickup was not attractive. You feel the difference when u take her on hilly areas. I am regular user of hilly areas, when i was in thandiani i got the headache, same passengers , same luggage but that response was not their which should be in the car.

Then i went to murree from abbotabad and same response i got.

Brother under powered mystery means how far car response is better then previous version.

I can understand the feeling of fahad because it had happened with me, I belongs to salary person class not that much rich, after saving money i got dream vehicle and found it busted you guyz cant imajin how i have done my vocations trip with my family.

One thing more i have seen the dash board pannels locks they r of cheap plastic build dont know how far they would last and you will get chick chick noise.

@fahadmustafa1

i would never recommend you to for for this variant, agey ap ki marzi ager apney peesay zaya karney ha.....
    yaha sab logo ko un ki nai gari k nuqsanat nazar nai a raehy...it will take some time and u will see also ....

My best wishes are with existing owners of the 11gen and i prey they wont get any trouble any more....

Best Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jklodhi View Post

brother please drive some other versions of 1300cc and then 11gen 1300cc u will get the difference...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

(Part-1) The Take Off - Video Dailymotion
    Dear brother i also took Gli11Gen on monal with family , i never said it didnt climb. It do climb but with not that response which i had in my 10Gen xli. I am driving on hilly areas for last 17 years and very much found of visiting these areas. I know how to take ride in motion and how to take her on hills ...... but this time i had worst experience...i dont want that fahad going to be bitten by IMC.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rules to buy 11th Gen GLi:

If you are 9th Gen GLi/ Xli user : Dont buy it (Power to weight Ratio)
    If you are 1.6 (any model) user: Dont buy it (a lot of difference in pick)
    If you are civic user : Never ever buy GLi or even 1.6 Altis. Get a life get a grande or 1.8 MT (True petrol head variant in local assembled)
    If you drive in city : Get Gli AT (enough power for city driving and very smooth gear box with acceptable milage)
    If you are a highway driver : Get GLi AT if you can give way to tail on fire black tinted saeeen jees car, if not get a grande.
    If you are a regular hillbilly : Avoid AT version. Even Manual GLI wouldnt be as good as 10th gen (Due to power to weight ratio)

Else GLi AT has instant pick problem on highways. after attaining speed of 50km / hr. you dont feel pick issue atleast on highways. very smooth drive and superb milage (highway 120km/hr - 130 km/hr) with jhoola suspension.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhayoo ye sab is waqt ki baten hy
    kuch dino ke bad sab log drawbacks accept karke yehi corolla xli gli lete rahenge
    nothing is going to be change.
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by navidhashmi View Post
    Dear brother i also took Gli11Gen on monal with family , i never said it didnt climb. It do climb but with not that response which i had in my 10Gen xli. I am driving on hilly areas for last 17 years and very much found of visiting these areas. I know how to take ride in motion and how to take her on hills ...... but this time i had worst experience...i dont want that fahad going to be bitten by IMC.
    Brother its a personal preference...... Let him test the car and if he doesn't like it, he can sell it. If a 1300cc car can carry 4-5 adults with luggage and can touch 120kmph with AC without any torture then there isn't any issue imo.
    No doubt a 1.6 or 1.8 can smoke Gli but again, how many 1600cc and 1800cc variants we have on the roads? Answer is 'not many'.
    It's not necessary to smoke everyone, one can really achieve higher speeds with ease and little lesser acceleration won't be that bad as compared to upper variants.
    Still 1300cc is good enough.
    Most importantly, apart from motorway there is no road where you can drive freely. For example, a Gli and Grande start journey from Lhr to Isb via GT road and both drivers are taking the cars to limits, in the end there will be hardly 10-15 mins of time difference between both two.

No matter you have 3000cc turbo charged engine but it's of no use when you are stuck behind two trucks trying to overtake each other.

These cars are for family use, if anyone wants REAL chaska; get a Supra with 2jz! :p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother its a personal preference...... Let him test the car and if he doesn't like it, he can sell it. If a 1300cc car can carry 4-5 adults with luggage and can touch 120kmph with AC without any torture then there isn't any issue imo.
    No doubt a 1.6 or 1.8 can smoke Gli but again, how many 1600cc and 1800cc variants we have on the roads? Answer is 'not many'.
    It's not necessary to smoke everyone, one can really achieve higher speeds with ease and little lesser acceleration won't be that bad as compared to upper variants.
    Still 1300cc is good enough.
    Most importantly, apart from motorway there is no road where you can drive freely. For example, a Gli and Grande start journey from Lhr to Isb via GT road and both drivers are taking the cars to limits, in the end there will be hardly 10-15 mins of time difference between both two.

No matter you have 3000cc turbo charged engine but it's of no use when you are stuck behind two trucks trying to overtake each other.

These cars are for family use, if anyone wants REAL chaska; get a Supra with 2jz! :p
    By that reckoning, 660 JDMs, Mehran, and Cultus also have adequete power, and anything more powerful is a waste.
    _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
    _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    By that reckoning, 660 JDMs, Mehran, and Cultus also have adequete power, and anything more powerful is a waste.
    The person who needs 1000cc or less and doesn't like to start a drag race for no reason will consider 1300cc or 1800cc a waste.

A beast locked inside a cage is of no use.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by navidhashmi View Post
    I think we should post inputs which would be beneficial for the questioner, One should face the reality. Under power dosent mean u are going to make a car a donkey cart nor car gonna twochain some kinda tractor.

Dear all brothers under power myth you feel when you have driven cars of similar variants. I had xli2010 i drove it for 4 years and after selling it i bought 11gen gli so i could give you better example.

I really didnt feel my car under powered in multan roads means on flat roads but though pickup was not attractive. You feel the difference when u take her on hilly areas. I am regular user of hilly areas, when i was in thandiani i got the headache, same passengers , same luggage but that response was not their which should be in the car.

Then i went to murree from abbotabad and same response i got.

Brother under powered mystery means how far car response is better then previous version.

I can understand the feeling of fahad because it had happened with me, I belongs to salary person class not that much rich, after saving money i got dream vehicle and found it busted you guyz cant imajin how i have done my vocations trip with my family.

One thing more i have seen the dash board pannels locks they r of cheap plastic build dont know how far they would last and you will get chick chick noise.

@fahadmustafa1

i would never recommend you to for for this variant, agey ap ki marzi ager apney peesay zaya karney ha.....
    yaha sab logo ko un ki nai gari k nuqsanat nazar nai a raehy...it will take some time and u will see also ....

My best wishes are with existing owners of the 11gen and i prey they wont get any trouble any more....

Best Regards

Thanks for the suggestion bro, yar I'll be driving in city most of the times, i live in karachi. I was attracted to Reborn for its performance but then the maintenance required for old cars is a headache and costly as well. I'm just 20, I depend on my dad for everything so if i ask him for the maintenance everytime he would get to know how rough i drive :p i mean that would be awkward therefore i opted for A brand new corolla. What other car would i get for no more than 2million? I dont see other options :s
    Honda city was a option but honda can bring in a new model anytime soon so it would be foolish to buy that. Moreover it looks small, its less comfortable etc, briefly it stands below corolla except for the engine i guess.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I ll actually take yur advice, i'll check how well it performs when i get my car and then will decide whether to keep it or sell it but then the question arrives what would i sell it for i mean which other car could i get in this range? I'd love to go for Altis 1.6 but i ll be short of funds :s what options do i have keeping in mind that low or no maintenance cost () is also one of my priority :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List