0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default GLI 2008 - Gear Problem

Today I went to Toyota Rawal to get some work done on my Corolla GLI 2008 (Car has done 82k KMs). After the work was done the workshop supervisor told me that I should get the car's Clutch Plate, Pressure Plate and Bearings changed and should not take the car to mountainous side. I got a rough quote from the Service Adviser (as I was in a hurry I got a rough quote, not the 2 weeks valid one which is printed on the paper).
    He gave me a quote of RS 35-38k including labor and all parts. Told me to get an appointment for some date and it would take around 5-6 hours to complete the work.

The thing is that I will be taking the car to Murree (Jhika Gali, to be precise) next week.
    Personally I don't feel anything wrong with the clutch (of course the mechanic knows more). So is it compulsory that I should get the work done, or I can make the round trip without any problem. I was thinking about showing the car to a local mechanic and ask him about the condition. It's kind of difficult to spend around 40k on the car at this time. I could get it changed from the local mechanic if there is a major price difference.

So what should I do?

a) Man up and take the car to Murree.
    b) Get the work done from Toyota.
    c) Get the work done from the local Market.

Thanks.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary......that's what gets you."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My GLi 2008's clutch lasted for 165k kms, I asked 3s dealership and they quoted 50k for clutch replacement including parts and labor. I got it changed from my mechanic and paid 8k for the job including parts and labour. And I don't think clutches last only 80k, if used properly the can go on to 170-180k. So according to my experience your clutch should be fine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

On the way

GLI 2008  Gear Problem -1616044GLI 2008  Gear Problem -1616045GLI 2008  Gear Problem -1616046GLI 2008  Gear Problem -1616047

From the guest house
    GLI 2008  Gear Problem -1616049GLI 2008  Gear Problem -1616050GLI 2008  Gear Problem -1616048

Getting about 3.5MB speed from Zong 3g. This area wasn't mentioned in their coverage area, but glad that it's working here.
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary......that's what gets you."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List