87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My one of its kind Altis 2010

hi guys I introduce you to my 2010 altis curisetronic SR. what makes it special that i have ensured it remains in the best condition of its kind and to this day has only been driven less than 9k km. this thread will be a refresher what a new 10th gen corolla was like plus its actually the car i have owned for the longest time but i never made a thread for it.

In this thread i will be recalling the whole history including the reasons that made us choose this brand new car originally in 2010 as well as recent modifications and maintenance record and some comparisons with the models sold today if imagining that this one was present new today. it will be intreating to see a comparison on how much Pakistani car industry has moved forward as well if it has taken any backward steps or not.

so chime in with your views and suggestions as well as scepticism and criticism

If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for now some teasers only

My one of its kind Altis 2010 - 21036234229 2a3a131eba hDSC02377 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

My one of its kind Altis 2010 - 21222948755 39eef73615 hIMG_1934 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

My one of its kind Altis 2010 - 21212619552 27a5bcd33a hDSC02353 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

My one of its kind Altis 2010 - 21222916845 00069f5b75 hIMG_1939 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

My one of its kind Altis 2010 - 19436301381 d220e974d1 hDSC02911 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

My one of its kind Altis 2010 - 19244481380 1b97089622 hDSC02915 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

My one of its kind Altis 2010 - 19405911206 d7f0d654a5 hDSC02878 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

My one of its kind Altis 2010 - 15029210402 7ada4483b3 hDSC02014 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

My one of its kind Altis 2010 - 15408103158 a9f9ce28c4 hDSC01755 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Really seem to enjoy your threads and the way you maintain your cars, almost every aspect
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Man i salute u for the way u keep your cars. Glad to see people truly valuing their hard earned money. Ma Sha Allah
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Looks like garaged for all the 5 years. Zaberdast
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thankyou guys for the kind comments

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Btw the car was not garaged but was kept continuously running on a 2km route once a week to keep everything lubricated and in good mechanical order as well as to keep the battery charged
    More on how it was driven I'll be sharing later

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice ride bro
    9k in 5 years is nothing
    use it bro as it will be counted as a gli (in price) when you will sell it. you know paki people's mentality !
    btw black is too hard to maintain but you have kept her in top notch condition
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MASHALLAH :thumbup:
    May you always be Happy :-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

But cars are meant to be driven......not to be show cased for 5 years or 10 years or something. what is the point of buying a car if you are gona drive only 10k km in 5 years???? remember, these things are meant to serve us...not other way around. Baat to tab hay when you drive it for 100k in 5 years and still have the same condition. I hope you got my point. Good luck to you and your car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    hi guys I introduce you to my 2010 altis curisetronic SR. what makes it special that i have ensured it remains in the best condition of its kind and to this day has only been driven less than 9k km. this thread will be a refresher what a new 10th gen corolla was like plus its actually the car i have owned for the longest time but i never made a thread for it.

In this thread i will be recalling the whole history including the reasons that made us choose this brand new car originally in 2010 as well as recent modifications and maintenance record and some comparisons with the models sold today if imagining that this one was present new today. it will be intreating to see a comparison on how much Pakistani car industry has moved forward as well if it has taken any backward steps or not.

so chime in with your views and suggestions as well as scepticism and criticism
    Wanna sell this? I'll pay 14.5

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Simply WOW!!! Mashallah.

Take a bow sir. You deserve an ovation!
    2015 Suzuki Swift DLX | 2015 Honda City 1.3

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Car has been kept at home for 5 yrs. Wow i am unable to comprehend the reason for keeping in garage if it was not to be used. It should have been around 40k atleast to qualify for normal running car. No doubt a car less driven will be in excellent condition but can't fetch good amount when sold . Enjoy and keep for 3 yrs at least to drive it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post
    But cars are meant to be driven......not to be show cased for 5 years or 10 years or something. what is the point of buying a car if you are gona drive only 10k km in 5 years???? remember, these things are meant to serve us...not other way around. Baat to tab hay when you drive it for 100k in 5 years and still have the same condition. I hope you got my point. Good luck to you and your car.
    True brother cars are meant to be driven, I agree and I do own and maintain another car which is 144k driven and 13 years old you can see my Mercedes thread so it's not that I don't need to maintain this car I'll update the thread shortly for the reason behind why it's less driven and why that doesn't matter

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmerkhan123 View Post
    Wanna sell this? I'll pay 14.5
    Comeback after 10 years then maybe
    I don't sell any of the cars I post threads on so not gonna happen

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jklodhi View Post
    Car has been kept at home for 5 yrs. Wow i am unable to comprehend the reason for keeping in garage if it was not to be used. It should have been around 40k atleast to qualify for normal running car. No doubt a car less driven will be in excellent condition but can't fetch good amount when sold . Enjoy and keep for 3 yrs at least to drive it
    I intend it to keep it for at least another 10 years
    Right now it's used as a fifth car in the house slowly as its ages it'll keep being demoted and being used more until finally after like 8-10 years I'll sell it I don't care how much it's fetches or what's the resale as it's not my concern

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So guys here's the deal

This car was bought brand new from Toyota central motors Karachi in 2010 when I was 15, obviously I coudnt own it then nor could I drive it as no license but it was bought with the perspective that's it's going to be my car in the future.

So when it was brought home no one was allowed to drive it and only I drove it round them on some private property and enclosed private roads in a compound or very occasionally my father drove and take me somewhere

It did 200 km in first year and arguably I wound think it was in the worst condition this way as I didn't know detailing and such little use doesn't actually do the car much favours mechanically like if you don't do oil changes in time sludge car build up

Then we started taking it only on long journeys never in city went to gawadar in it it clocked most milage then after wards similar non use story and I think like most people are saying no big deal and actually it's better for the car to be driven they are right

Then we shifted to Pindi and car was transported by the same transporters who do for Dewan and shahnawaz and again similar story it was being used once few months on motorways

Then once I had license and got to Lahore things changed and I was fully in charge car clocked 4000 km in two years and this number steadily increases, detailing started and more attention to detail mechanically like fully synergetic Mobil 1 oil and changing tyres thrice even though 8000 km driven as they used to get flat spots from standing

Now it's going to gets it fair share of use but still no more than 2000 km a year as now I have another car to maintain and I own that one now but still no one else drives this

The point of all this is not to boast about its condition or about its low mileage point is having three corollas in the house of various generations whenever i get in this near new vehicle the atmosphere and drive is still better than any other Gen personally and even though it's old maintaining it this way keeps it fresh and puts a smile on the face

I don't use it because I don't have to don't need to why do it keep it because I love maintaining cars and detailing when s car is kept in huge if conditions and never sees the rain or dust detailing black color is a dream without drawbacks and super easy to do

I am not keeping it so that it appreciates in value it won't but just as a excercise and a young person can enjoy a perfectly loaded and s car tha doesn't age but no one notices or objects like they would if they maybe saw them in a grande or a latest civic

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry for the long post

I promise to make this thread move forward and more interesting just soon and your views will always be welcome

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unique it is indeed,,,,,not because its less driven and shining like a north star,,,,,but due to the fact that the time when it came under your possession,,,,excitement would be the most precious thing,,,,,memories attached with events are always more precious,,,we usually see the shallow details of material,,,,so question arise whats the use of a vehicle,,,,,why its being served so well,,,,when not driven,,,,somethings are beyond monetary values,,,,,,even u got an offer,,,,thats the height of it,,,,,usually theme of a thread is ignored,,,,its essence is killed by dealing in currency,,,lastly feast for my eyes to watch an altis so clean whenever wherever,,,God be with you always,,,,
    Observing the Grey matter called Brain...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Umar_Sargodhian View Post
    Unique it is indeed,,,,,not because its less driven and shining like a north star,,,,,but due to the fact that the time when it came under your possession,,,,excitement would be the most precious thing,,,,,memories attached with events are always more precious,,,we usually see the shallow details of material,,,,so question arise whats the use of a vehicle,,,,,why its being served so well,,,,when not driven,,,,somethings are beyond monetary values,,,,,,even u got an offer,,,,thats the height of it,,,,,usually theme of a thread is ignored,,,,its essence is killed by dealing in currency,,,lastly feast for my eyes to watch an altis so clean whenever wherever,,,God be with you always,,,,

thnakyou, this PERFECTLY sums up what i have been trying to say all along, you took the words from my mouth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List