0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need help in buying Toyota Corolla used under 1.2 million

Hey Friends there since last 2 3 weeks I am in the quest of finding right car for my family under 1.2 million rupees , initially I was inclined towards buying Honda city 2010 model which sells for some what in my range how ever reading some of the reviews and experiences of fellow pakwheelers I have decided to go for Toyota corolla instead, while searching for Toyota Corolla that lies within my range I have found that they are mostly 2009 2010 model which is around 5 years old , moreover I have observed that their upbeat model Altis sells for almost the same price as XLI or GLI of the same built year.. now I am a little learned person and understand that a proper power to weight ratio is an added advantage that gives a more driving pleasure as well as more longevity to the mechanical aspects of the car .. I need answer to my following Queries

1-is the Toyota Altis 2009 model as technically reliable as their contemporary GLI and XLI ?

2-was the 1.8L petrol engine that came in 2009 altis a good engine ? I mean sturdier ? Long lasting ? Easier to maintain ?

3-how much difference should I expect in fuel consumption between 1.3L 2NZFE and that 1.8L engine ?

4-given that I am buying a 5 year old car what things is should check in a car ? And how can I check that the engine and it's associated parts are in good condition ? Simply how can I judge the engine ?

5-can I run altis 1.8L on CNG .. I want it run alternatively on petrol and CNG so that it is economical

6-which one should go for ? Automatic or manual ?

I presently drive a Toyota Corolla 1.3 with a 2E engine and that car struggles due to it's massive body size and may be it is one of the reason I want an adequately powered car as well as having perks of getting a fully loaded car that came out of company as well as a Nissan .. I think both of my vehicles are under powered..
    Waiting for a quick and an effective reply.
    Raza MH.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bump.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No replies... Experts plz share your opinions as I am also stuck in the same situation since one week. Was going for City manual but after reading reviews and some personal experiences of friends, corolla is better option in this price range.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i suggest please visit Toyota Central at Shahrea Faisal & Toyota Western at Korangi Road. They have selected certified cars from corporate fleets for sale, cars are on their service contract and clean in terms of papers. You will find choice of your car in the budget. Cheers !

-
    1.3 2E is a 12 valve wonderful engine for the Indus [ ae-101 ] very well balanced engine to body ratio. If your present car is sluggish i suggest get some preventive maintenance done. distributor overhaul, pcv valve change, tappet adjustment, brake fluid flush, clutch work and brake overhaul can improve the performance & fuel average.

- in my family we have a EE90- 1991 Corolla Auto & a 1998 AE10X manual XL Corolla both have identical engines both have 6 digit on odo and doing very well

Quote Originally Posted by drazahussain View Post
    Hey Friends there since last 2 3 weeks I am in the quest of finding right car for my family under 1.2 million rupees , initially I was inclined towards buying Honda city 2010 model which sells for some what in my range how ever reading some of the reviews and experiences of fellow pakwheelers I have decided to go for Toyota corolla instead, while searching for Toyota Corolla that lies within my range I have found that they are mostly 2009 2010 model which is around 5 years old , moreover I have observed that their upbeat model Altis sells for almost the same price as XLI or GLI of the same built year.. now I am a little learned person and understand that a proper power to weight ratio is an added advantage that gives a more driving pleasure as well as more longevity to the mechanical aspects of the car .. I need answer to my following Queries

1-is the Toyota Altis 2009 model as technically reliable as their contemporary GLI and XLI ?

2-was the 1.8L petrol engine that came in 2009 altis a good engine ? I mean sturdier ? Long lasting ? Easier to maintain ?

3-how much difference should I expect in fuel consumption between 1.3L 2NZFE and that 1.8L engine ?

4-given that I am buying a 5 year old car what things is should check in a car ? And how can I check that the engine and it's associated parts are in good condition ? Simply how can I judge the engine ?

5-can I run altis 1.8L on CNG .. I want it run alternatively on petrol and CNG so that it is economical

6-which one should go for ? Automatic or manual ?

I presently drive a Toyota Corolla 1.3 with a 2E engine and that car struggles due to it's massive body size and may be it is one of the reason I want an adequately powered car as well as having perks of getting a fully loaded car that came out of company as well as a Nissan .. I think both of my vehicles are under powered..
    Waiting for a quick and an effective reply.
    Raza MH.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Suggest me a good mechanic to take my corolla to.. I am too tired with jaddi pushti and ustaad shagird mechanic.. is there one who understands physics and automotive engineering and is not too expensive .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Workshop Name: Torque engineering.
    Workshop City: Karachi
    Workshop Address:163 bahadurabad block 3 street 24. Karachi
    Specialty: Mechanical work
    Owner Name: Mushir khan
    Phone: 03212435225
    - Opposite alamgir masjid - malik nihari wali gali

he is family technician for @Libra

- member - @Glioblastoma got his 1995 corolla fixed from that place
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

9BL
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I own a Altis 1.8 2011 cruisetronic SR and i clock almost 60 to 70 km a day on it. The car is probably the best that Toyota corolla has to offer, it has much more torque as compared to Xli Gli and 1.6. The consumption i get is 12.5 to 13 kmpl which is an amazing kmpl as compared to my Honda reborn which manages max 11 kmpl...... The 1.8 has cruise control which is a delight while driving on highway.... Altis 1.8 has much more comfortable seats as compared to XLI and GLI the seats are leather and are easy to clean........ Others opinion many vary but if you are about to buy a corolla the only car worth buying is the Altis 1.6 or 1.8 with full option as its pointless to buy a corolla without all options
    Audi is like a disease once it gets in your blood there is no going back

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    Workshop Name: Torque engineering.
    Workshop City: Karachi
    Workshop Address:163 bahadurabad block 3 street 24. Karachi
    Specialty: Mechanical work
    Owner Name: Mushir khan
    Phone: 03212435225
    - Opposite alamgir masjid - malik nihari wali gali

he is family technician for @Libra

- member - @Glioblastoma got his 1995 corolla fixed from that place
    Thank You Capsat. . I am going to visit him sooon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

please do keep us posted of the work done parts changed labour charges paid and............................................... ...........

.... the performance of car before & after the repairs.

This is spirit of the forum to help & share knowledge Thanx to @Libra for the forum and putting so many noisy valves under one cam shaft

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    please do keep us posted of the work done parts changed labour charges paid and............................................... ...........

.... the performance of car before & after the repairs.

This is spirit of the forum to help & share knowledge Thanx to @Libra for the forum and putting so many noisy valves under one cam shaft
    I sure will sir.. This ee90 is very special to me and has clocked around 120K miles and has been with our family for 14 years .. However it's body needs a good denting and painting work and than I will have its mechanical aspects sorted out.. It still works fine but looses it's power when climbing or with ac turned on and of course we run it on cng.. but first I am going to buy a new one so that we have a vehicle to commute..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 9BL View Post
    I own a Altis 1.8 2011 cruisetronic SR and i clock almost 60 to 70 km a day on it. The car is probably the best that Toyota corolla has to offer, it has much more torque as compared to Xli Gli and 1.6. The consumption i get is 12.5 to 13 kmpl which is an amazing kmpl as compared to my Honda reborn which manages max 11 kmpl...... The 1.8 has cruise control which is a delight while driving on highway.... Altis 1.8 has much more comfortable seats as compared to XLI and GLI the seats are leather and are easy to clean........ Others opinion many vary but if you are about to buy a corolla the only car worth buying is the Altis 1.6 or 1.8 with full option as its pointless to buy a corolla without all options
    Brother if you don't mind telling is there some thing in this particular model that makes it stand out in terms of maintenance and sturdiness as compared to gli etc any extra cost other than fuel because I am very much inclined to buy this model as in my opinion a well powered engine means less wear and tear and slower burn out as well as more responsivess to the owners requirement

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, it is my opinion, the Toyota keeps things simple, i.e. almost same filters and maintainance material is used for main stream engines. like for Xli, Gli, 1.6, 1.8 Altis all will have same articles like air filter and stuff.
    The thing different is Engine displacement and power and goodies like power mirrors and windows, sunroof, leather seats, alloy rims and cruise control and etc.
    Well IMO, if consumption is not an issue, if you can live with a car which gives 12-13 km/l in city with ac then Altis is your answer.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talhabinomar View Post
    Well, it is my opinion, the Toyota keeps things simple, i.e. almost same filters and maintainance material is used for main stream engines. like for Xli, Gli, 1.6, 1.8 Altis all will have same articles like air filter and stuff.
    The thing different is Engine displacement and power and goodies like power mirrors and windows, sunroof, leather seats, alloy rims and cruise control and etc.
    Well IMO, if consumption is not an issue, if you can live with a car which gives 12-13 km/l in city with ac then Altis is your answer.
    Thank you .much appreciated

9BL
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother if you don't mind telling is there some thing in this particular model that makes it stand out in terms of maintenance and sturdiness as compared to gli etc any extra cost other than fuel because I am very much inclined to buy this model as in my opinion a well powered engine means less wear and tear and slower burn out as well as more responsivess to the owners requirement
    The repair cost of ALTIS 1.8 is same as that of XLI or GLI. As all variants share the same body parts mechanical and electrical. However Altis has a much better interior as compared to XLI and GLI...... As far as power is concerned after driving Altis GLI and Xli feel like underpowered toys who have to be thrashed to get some power.... Engine of Altis runs relaxed and at 2000 RPM to 2200 RPM you have enough power to keep the car in a good cruise... Moreover by turning on the AC there is no difference in power when it comes to Altis 1.8 where as when you are driving up hill on a 1.3 corolla turning the AC on makes a significant difference on power...... The weight to power ratio of Altis is well matched due to which you get a much better mileage ..... If you are planning for Altis 1.8 go ahead by all means and opt for the Automatic cruisetronic model fully loaded one as its a very good car... I am not saying because i own an Altis ..... I sold my Prius 1.8 to get Altis 1.8 as parts are cheap as chips and it can be maintained by any mechanic
    Audi is like a disease once it gets in your blood there is no going back

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 9BL View Post
    The repair cost of ALTIS 1.8 is same as that of XLI or GLI. As all variants share the same body parts mechanical and electrical. However Altis has a much better interior as compared to XLI and GLI...... As far as power is concerned after driving Altis GLI and Xli feel like underpowered toys who have to be thrashed to get some power.... Engine of Altis runs relaxed and at 2000 RPM to 2200 RPM you have enough power to keep the car in a good cruise... Moreover by turning on the AC there is no difference in power when it comes to Altis 1.8 where as when you are driving up hill on a 1.3 corolla turning the AC on makes a significant difference on power...... The weight to power ratio of Altis is well matched due to which you get a much better mileage ..... If you are planning for Altis 1.8 go ahead by all means and opt for the Automatic cruisetronic model fully loaded one as its a very good car... I am not saying because i own an Altis ..... I sold my Prius 1.8 to get Altis 1.8 as parts are cheap as chips and it can be maintained by any mechanic
    Thank You I have made my mind to go for altis manual is the preferred one but depending on the condition I can also buy automatic .. Thank you Guys

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bought Toyota Corolla Altis 2010 Auto from PakWheels. . PakWheels is a blessing other wise car dealerships charge you 50-60 thousand extra on each vehicle

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bought Toyota Corolla Altis 2010 Auto from PakWheels. . PakWheels is a blessing other wise car dealerships charge you 50-60 thousand extra on each vehicle
    For how much?
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what the specs of altis u bought
    odo etc n price also
    m also in search of altis

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Upload some pictures of your car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    For how much?
    Quote Originally Posted by mian.danial.bashir View Post
    what the specs of altis u bought
    odo etc n price also
    m also in search of altis
    I bought it for 1.2 million , it is 1.8 Liters 1ZZFE automatic Variant , Silver metallic Colour with sunroof , All Altis models at that time were the fully loaded one as in our terminology , it comes with 68000 km on odometer , the condition of the car is pretty nice considering it's a 5 year old car and the drive is much better than ordinary glow or xli. . I haven't calculated the fuel consumption yet but it's around 8-9 kmpl. .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List