Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 321
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Got my new corolla gli -cooltahir

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Got my new corolla gli -cooltahir

    Salam Pakwheelers,
    BY THE GRACE OF ALMIGHTY ALLAH BOUGHT NEW COROLLA GLI mt,
    had plans to buy altis 1.6 or 1.8
    but due to some issue bought gli mt in gun mattalic color.
    i must appriciate this generation
    as i have upgraded from 9th gen xli.
    handling of this gen is way too awesome, drive is very smooth,suspension is too soft and comfy, brakes are excellent and the main thing power and drive performance for which gli mt and especially gli auto has been critisised from the start and named as underpowered.
    well i have not drove much just 360 kms on odo but i can assure it ain't underpowered yes it has enough power which can be expected from a 1.3l engine.
    cars interior quality is too good and have premium feel although plastics seems to be a bit lower in quality.
    iam driving car on euros till now but will change soon.
    In short iam realy happy with my decision of buying gli.
    few minor problems i faced with the car.
    one rear light is a bit unalligned.
    gear knob is tilting left to right lol its loose.
    dont know why car shakes a bit when i release clutch from 0 to 5kmph speed.
    will get all these problem cleared in 1k kms inspection
    IN SHA ALLAH.
    will update thread on regular basis.

    :Update:
    her First Detailing : https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho....php?p=4931743.

    some detailing tips and methods for beginers. https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho....php?p=4932782.

    Installed Yokohama Advan Dbs.
    and some dslr captured pics. https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho....php?p=4935277.

    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  2. #61
    PakWheeler Follow
    nasir2013's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shahrayan View Post
    Keep clean

    Sent from my A8 using Tapatalk
    How you clean your car urself or by anyone?

  3. #62
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nasir2013 View Post
    How you clean your car urself or by anyone?
    i do it myself and alone, did all this work in 3 hours
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  4. #63
    PakWheeler Follow
    hungama007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    582
    Follows
    1
    Following
    10
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Mashallah and mabrook. Your detailing is like a pro. Perhaps you can give us a guide when u have the chance of how to do it step by step.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Always wear seat belts, better safe than sorry

  5. #64
    PakWheeler Follow
    nasir2013's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    i do it myself and alone, did all this work in 3 hours
    How i want to know. Because i never satisfied from car services

  6. #65
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Nabeel_Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,509
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    THANKS BRO
    IN SHA ALLAH
    which color will you get ?
    Grande in black IA

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  7. #66
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hungama007 View Post
    Mashallah and mabrook. Your detailing is like a pro. Perhaps you can give us a guide when u have the chance of how to do it step by step.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    MA SHA ALLAH,
    THANKS BRO
    yes i will in a day or two
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  8. #67
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nasir2013 View Post
    How i want to know. Because i never satisfied from car services
    yes going to car service is not a good step.
    they will use cheap clothes and detergents result in swirills and rough/dry paint.
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  9. #68
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Members thanks for 1000 views
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  10. #69
    PakWheeler Follow
    nasir2013's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I keep in view always

  11. #70
    PakWheeler Follow
    nasir2013's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Can u upload pics of cleaning material and their use on car body part

  12. #71
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nasir2013 View Post
    Can u upload pics of cleaning material and their use on car body part
    my net is damn slow nowadays.
    thats why im facing problem in uploading pics will upload later in evening or night.
    other than that im telling you procedure and methods step by step.
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  13. #72
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    so on nasir bhai's request im going to write methods and procedures of products i used on this car.
    lets start from washing.
    1.for washing i used nanoskin Cherry suds shampoo
    its basicaly for foam wash means for those people who wash their cars with pressure washer through foam lance.
    i have karcher k2 washer with foam lance so i always wash with this shampoo.
    for those people who dont have pressure washer
    there is another shampoo i think its name is Nanoskin wash and wax.
    cherry suds is realy a good shampoo it makes alot of foam and cleans the car very nicely.
    2.Nanoskin Autoscrub : iam sure many members here know about Autoscrub its another form of clay but more useful and economical then clay bar
    you can do whole car in half in hour with autoscrub while clay takes alot of time and effort,
    if mistakenly clay drops from your hands you have to throw it away and not clay again with that clay bar as it will create scratches to paint if you use it again.while if same happens with autoscrub just wash it with water or if their is very slightly dirt just clean it with any cloth and your good to go again with same sponge.
    you can use that sponge (autoscrub) for 25 30 times as far as i know.
    i always use autoscrub with nanoskin smooth and shine detailer spray, it makes paint silky smooth and add depth to paint, while nanoskin glide (which is also used with autoscrub) my experience is not that good its just okay.
    same as clay bar you must have to lubricate surface to use autoscrub (sponge) on it.
    after finishing that part/panel clean it with mf towel no need to wash car after that
    3.if car is old or having swirils you must use nanoskin hi-glaze because it masks swirls and small scratches its a very good product.
    my gli being new and swiril free ALHAMDOLILLAH i skiped that part and moved towards 4th step.
    4th step. protection
    after eliminating containments from paint through autoscrub and masking you car's paint with hi-glaze now your car's paint need a good protection so always choose a good wax/sealant.
    i used Collonite 915
    let me introduce collonite for those who dont know about it.
    collonite is know for its durablity and protection.
    its one of the best wax in the world.
    i gave a thin even coat of collonite to car,
    dont ever wax car at once , always go pannel by pannel otherwise it will take alot of effort to remove/buff off wax from paint.
    i use panel by panel method means one panel/part at a times and i buff off wax using nanoskin detailer spray as it lubricates waxed part so while buf off it wont takes effort.
    after collonite i choosed nanoskin hydro express spray wax.
    reason for choosing this because it have real ablities of beading water and water sheating, although its not much durable,its spray wax so its easy to apply and remove/buff off.
    5. after paint now its time for exterior trims.
    i used Nanoskin Speddy shine bumper and tire gel
    its also a very good product it can be used on tires as well as exterior trims/ plastic parts
    it brings shine and gloss to trims and makes them black.
    6th step interior. as mine were new so it doesnt had any stubburn stains or marks in interior so i skiped apc and degreaser.
    i just cleaned whole interior with mf towels and then dressed it with nanoskin blue dress.
    blue dress is a excellent product its specialy for interior it makes interior black and shiny makes it new even my new car's dashboard was rough and dry but after applying this product its new and shiny black.
    this product can be used on engine bay dressing too.
    for interior always dilute it with 50/50 ratio means 50% water and 50% blue dress.
    thats it
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  14. #73
    PakWheeler Follow
    nasir2013's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    so on nasir bhai's request im going to write methods and procedures of products i used on this car.
    lets start from washing.
    1.for washing i used nanoskin Cherry suds shampoo
    its basicaly for foam wash means for those people who wash their cars with pressure washer through foam lance.
    i have karcher k2 washer with foam lance so i always wash with this shampoo.
    for those people who dont have pressure washer
    there is another shampoo i think its name is Nanoskin wash and wax.
    cherry suds is realy a good shampoo it makes alot of foam and cleans the car very nicely.
    2.Nanoskin Autoscrub : iam sure many members here know about Autoscrub its another form of clay but more useful and economical then clay bar
    you can do whole car in half in hour with autoscrub while clay takes alot of time and effort,
    if mistakenly clay drops from your hands you have to throw it away and not clay again with that clay bar as it will create scratches to paint if you use it again.while if same happens with autoscrub just wash it with water or if their is very slightly dirt just clean it with any cloth and your good to go again with same sponge.
    you can use that sponge (autoscrub) for 25 30 times as far as i know.
    i always use autoscrub with nanoskin smooth and shine detailer spray, it makes paint silky smooth and add depth to paint, while nanoskin glide (which is also used with autoscrub) my experience is not that good its just okay.
    same as clay bar you must have to lubricate surface to use autoscrub (sponge) on it.
    after finishing that part/panel clean it with mf towel no need to wash car after that
    3.if car is old or having swirils you must use nanoskin hi-glaze because it masks swirls and small scratches its a very good product.
    my gli being new and swiril free ALHAMDOLILLAH i skiped that part and moved towards 4th step.
    4th step. protection
    after eliminating containments from paint through autoscrub and masking you car's paint with hi-glaze now your car's paint need a good protection so always choose a good wax/sealant.
    i used Collonite 915
    let me introduce collonite for those who dont know about it.
    collonite is know for its durablity and protection.
    its one of the best wax in the world.
    i gave a thin even coat of collonite to car,
    dont ever wax car at once , always go pannel by pannel otherwise it will take alot of effort to remove/buff off wax from paint.
    i use panel by panel method means one panel/part at a times and i buff off wax using nanoskin detailer spray as it lubricates waxed part so while buf off it wont takes effort.
    after collonite i choosed nanoskin hydro express spray wax.
    reason for choosing this because it have real ablities of beading water and water sheating, although its not much durable,its spray wax so its easy to apply and remove/buff off.
    5. after paint now its time for exterior trims.
    i used Nanoskin Speddy shine bumper and tire gel
    its also a very good product it can be used on tires as well as exterior trims/ plastic parts
    it brings shine and gloss to trims and makes them black.
    6th step interior. as mine were new so it doesnt had any stubburn stains or marks in interior so i skiped apc and degreaser.
    i just cleaned whole interior with mf towels and then dressed it with nanoskin blue dress.
    blue dress is a excellent product its specialy for interior it makes interior black and shiny makes it new even my new car's dashboard was rough and dry but after applying this product its new and shiny black.
    this product can be used on engine bay dressing too.
    for interior always dilute it with 50/50 ratio means 50% water and 50% blue dress.
    thats it
    Thank you very much tahir bhai very nice elaborated. I m also waiting for pic demonstrations. Thank u v much

  15. #74
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nasir2013 View Post
    Thank you very much tahir bhai very nice elaborated. I m also waiting for pic demonstrations. Thank u v much
    no problem
    for pics
    please wait for my next detail session.
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  16. #75
    PakWheeler Follow
    Uashah007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Mash Allah
    Congrats brother
    drive safe

  17. #76
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uashah007 View Post
    Mash Allah
    Congrats brother
    drive safe
    thanks bro
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  18. #77
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohummed.ahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,081
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    That's why I prefer super white colour as it is the easiest colour to maintain and besides no efforts to maintain that paint shine present on metallic colours, in the likes of Silver, Gun metallic, black, etc, and last but not the least, out desi ustads are best at matching white Colour, should the car body suffer paint loss due to touch up etc.

    Bhai, from which show room did you get the delivery?

  19. #78
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohummed.ahmed View Post
    That's why I prefer super white colour as it is the easiest colour to maintain and besides no efforts to maintain that paint shine present on metallic colours, in the likes of Silver, Gun metallic, black, etc, and last but not the least, out desi ustads are best at matching white Colour, should the car body suffer paint loss due to touch up etc.

    Bhai, from which show room did you get the delivery?
    i didnt opted for white color because
    i always keep my cars clean and shiny while in white no matter how hard you try but you wont get good results.
    as i told earlier it was booked by my father's friend he lives in nawabshah so we took delivery from nawabshah's local showroom.
    i think it was booked from toyota uni motors in khi.
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  20. #79
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohummed.ahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,081
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    i didnt opted for white color because
    i always keep my cars clean and shiny while in white no matter how hard you try but you wont get good results.
    as i told earlier it was booked by my father's friend he lives in nawabshah so we took delivery from nawabshah's local showroom.
    i think it was booked from toyota uni motors in khi.
    I see. That's why I said that in Super White colour, one doesn't need to put those extra efforts into maintaining that paint shine present on metallic colours. Nevertheless, glad learning about your car detailing skills

  21. #80
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohummed.ahmed View Post
    I see. That's why I said that in Super White colour, one doesn't need to put those extra efforts into maintaining that paint shine present on metallic colours. Nevertheless, glad learning about your car detailing skills
    yes super white is easy to maintain
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •