0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 1.3 GLi MT vs. 1.3 GLi AT

Aoa all. I have gone through various threads of the 11th gen corolla extensively, however, still in a delimma to choose between 1.3mt and 1.3 at. I would be switching over from 2013 honda city ivtec mt in search of good suspension and comfort only. My budget is 2.0 mil to include regn, tyres change/alloys+insurance. Please advice considering daily mileage of 60-80 km.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adeelmushtaq94 View Post
    How much distance do you travel daily?
    Are you now inclined towards an auto or is a manual totally fine?
    Do you travel in City or on Highway?

If you travel a long distance daily and have to bear the traffic mess of a city daily and the manual transmission bothers you, without a doubt, go for an auto. If however your travel takes you to mountains where power is required, buy a manual or 1.6 AT Altis. Regarding the third question, for City travel auto is best; for highway though, manual is preferable. Lastly, if you have become more fond of an auto, go for it. You won't be disappointed. Personally, if you have a big sedan like Corolla, which isn't easy to drive in congested traffic, an automatic is much better. Yes, the fuel consumption is a bit more, but who cares; atleast the left foot is at ease and so is your mind.
    60-80 kms everyday and in isb/rwp

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad1818 View Post
    60-80 kms everyday and in isb/rwp
    Go for the auto. There is nothing like the comfort of an auto. I have a manual and yes it is good, same as any other Corolla 1.3 before this model but the feeling of premium isn't there. With an auto you do get that feeling. And since you travel allot, probably on ExpressWay, you would be completely familiar with the nuisance of congested traffic, especially at around 6 pm. Peshawar road is no different now. Same can be said for Murree Road and IJP Road; they all have an excess of traffic. The only thing that has stopped me from changing to an auto is the drowzy and sleepy feeling that you get from an auto. I doubt that a person can actually fall asleep in such traffic but since a family member has had some history so we decided not to take risk. So if you or the people who would be driving the car have no such issues of boredom and sleepiness, then go for an auto.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

most of the times it is 1 or 2 and 5 are fully loaded in a month and its like within the city. 1-2 family trips that too on motorway to fsd,lhr,pesh etc
    since its mostly used as single person and the traffic between isb and rwp variates based on the route one takes. Auto is advised, for motorway use, it should touch 150 while loadded with 5 people, so that isn't an issue.
    Its underpowered when one tries to take 5 people in it to monal and keep the air con on, in situations like that, it will be annoying, otherwise it will work alright.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for the auto. There is nothing like the comfort of an auto. I have a manual and yes it is good, same as any other Corolla 1.3 before this model but the feeling of premium isn't there. With an auto you do get that feeling. And since you travel allot, probably on ExpressWay, you would be completely familiar with the nuisance of congested traffic, especially at around 6 pm. Peshawar road is no different now. Same can be said for Murree Road and IJP Road; they all have an excess of traffic. The last thing that has stopped me from changing to an auto is the drowzy and sleepy feeling that you get from an auto. I doubt that a person can actually fall asleep in such traffic but since a family member has had some history so we decided not to take risk. So if you or the people who would be driving the car have no such issues of boredom and sleepiness, then go for an auto.
    thankyou sir. It was encouraging. Almost up for the at

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    since its mostly used as single person and the traffic between isb and rwp variates based on the route one takes. Auto is advised, for motorway use, it should touch 150 while loadded with 5 people, so that isn't an issue.
    Its underpowered when one tries to take 5 people in it to monal and keep the air con on, in situations like that, it will be annoying, otherwise it will work alright.
    thankyou

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zee5han View Post
    Mohummed Ahmed sir , one should not expect driving pleasure out of a mere 1.3 , even the mt does not give driving pleasure,
    pick wise Gli Mt is really good , but even my AT , with 5 people on board and full luggage easily reached 120 km/h , you cant expect more from a 1.3 family sedan , obviously 1.6 is much much better than 1.3 granted one can afford it easily
    Agreed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the underpowered tag is what worries me. i have to drive alone b/w isp/rwp and the driver makes a couple of pick ups for the family. the car get fully packed for a long route on highways twice or thrice in a year max
    Bhai, life is full of sacrifices. You have to forgo one thing to get another. This is what we call opportunity cost. If you can't afford buying yourself an Altis 1.6, and want the convenience of auto, then forget worrying about GLI auto being under powered and go for it, but if you can sacrifice the convenience of an auto at the cost of better pick/acceleration, then GLI manual is the best choice. Make life simple

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my 1.3 mt city dies as soon as i try crossing 120kmh on motorway so if 1.3 auto gives me the same speed and more comfort, i think i should go for it then.
    You mean City 09-15 shape manual transmission dies after 120km/h?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for the auto. There is nothing like the comfort of an auto. I have a manual and yes it is good, same as any other Corolla 1.3 before this model but the feeling of premium isn't there. With an auto you do get that feeling. And since you travel allot, probably on ExpressWay, you would be completely familiar with the nuisance of congested traffic, especially at around 6 pm. Peshawar road is no different now. Same can be said for Murree Road and IJP Road; they all have an excess of traffic. The last thing that has stopped me from changing to an auto is the drowzy and sleepy feeling that you get from an auto. I doubt that a person can actually fall asleep in such traffic but since a family member has had some history so we decided not to take risk. So if you or the people who would be driving the car have no such issues of boredom and sleepiness, then go for an auto.
    Adeel bhai, please don't mind but why do you keep on blaming auto tranny for causing sleepiness to the driver? There may be several other factors behind sleepiness. A driver may also sleep while driving a manual. There are other ways to keep yourself active and alert while driving an auto

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by biloo View Post
    You mean City 09-15 shape manual transmission dies after 120km/h?
    i meant it becomes inconvenient for the engine above 120kph. not that it cannot achieve higher speeds. i have been driving it at 160 kph with 4 onboard and trunk full but then its not justified for the 1.3

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohummed.ahmed View Post
    Adeel bhai, please don't mind but why do you keep on blaming auto tranny for causing sleepiness to the driver? There may be several other factors behind sleepiness. A driver may also sleep while driving a manual. There are other ways to keep yourself active and alert while driving an auto
    Sir this is a serious problem. In long routes, where even a manual feels boring and sleepy, an auto is not preferable at all. Not only because of the sleepy problem but also because it can get quite allot boring. I travel frequently from upper Punjab to lower and a manual helps allot in keeping the driver awake and alert. Atleast more than an auto. Also, at night travelling on long routes, a manual is better. But for City travel, yes, an auto isn't boring or doesn't make the driver fall asleep. This is because of the lessening of the gaps between braking and accelerating. On highways the foot movement is decreased considerably and since there is no changing of gears to between 4 and 5, a driver gets sleepy allot.

Do keep in mind that I said that a family member has problem of falling asleep behind the wheel. So we kept the manual.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okz , thats acceptable.
    Regarding your query, just get the Gli At . .i have driven it on highways and crowded places as well. Not even once did i feel like its underpowered, the superect transmision handles it well.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir this is a serious problem. In long routes, where even a manual feels boring and sleepy, an auto is not preferable at all. Not only because of the sleepy problem but also because it can get quite allot boring. I travel frequently from upper Punjab to lower and a manual helps allot in keeping the driver awake and alert. Atleast more than an auto. Also, at night travelling on long routes, a manual is better. But for City travel, yes, an auto isn't boring or doesn't make the driver fall asleep. This is because of the lessening of the gaps between braking and accelerating. On highways the foot movement is decreased considerably and since there is no changing of gears to between 4 and 5, a driver gets sleepy allot.

Do keep in mind that I said that a family member has problem of falling asleep behind the wheel. So we kept the manual.
    Agreed, but driving a car when you are about to fall asleep, and irrespective of the transmission, is equally dangerous. One should better park the car on the corner of road and take a nap. Other ways to keep yourself alert is by listening to news, lectures, or Islamic stuff with loud volume. That may help in keeping the driver alert.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by biloo View Post
    Okz , thats acceptable.
    Regarding your query, just get the Gli At . .i have driven it on highways and crowded places as well. Not even once did i feel like its underpowered, the superect transmision handles it well.
    okay. im planning to take a 1.3 auto to test tomorrow. will update in sha Allah

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohummed.ahmed View Post
    Agreed, but driving a car when you are about fall asleep, and irrespective of the transmission, is equally dangerous. One should better park the car on road and take a nap. Other ways to keep yourself alert is by listening to news, lectures, or Islamic stuff with loud volume. That may help in keeping the driver alert.
    I have nothing against automatic transmissions. Infact, I like them more than manuals. But, it is a fact that manuals are more fun and engaging on highways and the driver takes a longer time to get bored and sleepy. On the other hand, in a city, manuals are a nuisance to drive. They take away all the energy and peace of mind in congested traffic. Auto is allot more comfortable.

Since I live in a big City, i.e. Islamabad - keeping in view the traffic condition - I would opt for an auto over a manual.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for auto. I have one and its comfortable and hassle free.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how about a 1.6 auto 10th gen? cant jump to a 1.6 auto 11th right now
    if new model shashka is required then 11th gen, if a utilitarian car with power, comfortable suspension is required then 10th gen is a really good option imo, get test drive of both cars to make your mind.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    if new model shashka is required then 11th gen, if a utilitarian car with power, comfortable suspension is required then 10th gen is a really good option imo, get test drive of both cars to make your mind.
    yes. in search of one in 13/14 with low miles. couldnt find a decent car. and those who are selling with low miles are demanding between 1.7 and 1.8 million which is too much. i think its better to change over to the new shape. atleast i would know i have driven it from the beginning. it helps diagnosing small glitches. like one instantly comes to know k yeh masla hay ab garee ma. a second hand investment is tricky. but still im in search for one. if i dont find a good 1.6 gli by the coming 1st(dec), i plan to buy the 1.3 gli 11th gen then In Sha Allah.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

drove 1.3 at today clocking almost 36k kms. The car is driven across all all kinds of terrains and still felt good to drive.
    1. 1.3 gli at is not under powered specially for those who have had experience with jdm 1.0/1.3s. It does the job perfectly. If i wouldnt have read the "under powered" tag on the forums, i wouldn't have even thought of mentioning here.
    2. the trip for 132 kms was giving a whopping 13.8 kpl avg. i couldn't believe my eyes and switched the odo twice to confirm.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

drove 1.3 at today clocking almost 36k kms. The car is driven across all all kinds of terrains and still felt good to drive.
    1. 1.3 gli at is not under powered specially for those who have had experience with jdm 1.0/1.3s. It does the job perfectly. If i wouldnt have read the "under powered" tag on the forums, i wouldn't have even thought of mentioning here.
    2. the trip for 132 kms was giving a whopping 13.8 kpl avg. i couldn't believe my eyes and switched the odo twice to confirm.
    Told ya mate. Its the super ect transmission(although old) which gives you a decent feeling while driving this car.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List